Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Creative Corner

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    It is great that there is a creative corner up at the top of the forum for everyone to share all of the different Sims games content. No one is trying to take that away. What we are asking for is for a separate Sims 3 creative corner in the Sims 3 section. Sims 4 has this and Sims 2 has this. Why can't Sims 3 have this too?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited December 2016
    @zeeGee exactly! It is not to be divisive. It is to be more organized and fair. I don't play Sims4 so I don't go looking for Sims4 stories unless it is one by one of my particular friends. I like reading Sims3 stories and stealing err....excuse me, getting hints for my own stories. I just don't want to wade through all the other threads to find them.

PS: @simgurudrake please help with this. Thanks very much.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    I agree with @ZeeGee and @bekkasan on this. I don't play TS4 as I am still playing TS3. If I want to post what my Sims have been doing in my game, then I post it to the "What Happened in your game today" thread over in The Sims 3 General Discussion section as I know it would get lost in the many TS4 stories over in the Creative Corner. The Sims 3 should have their very own section as it isn't fair that TS2 and TS4 has their very own in their respected sections.

SimGuruDrake did say that they have plans for the Creative Corner section. So what I'm hoping that if they should take and put TS2/TS3/TS4 into one section, then I would like to see them in sub-categories and not mixed in together as I don't want to have to go through all of the posts just to find posts about TS3.

This is one of the reasons why I refuse to look at The Sims Facebook page is because EA had the bright idea of combining all of the FB Sims pages into 1 page. Most of the comments being made by the people who have commented on the FB page all talk about TS4. Not everyone is into TS4 and don't really want to see anything related to that other game which is one of the reasons why I don't go over into the Creative Corner section myself. I want to see TS3 stories, then they should have a TS3 Creative Corner in the TS3 section but the regular CC can stay right where it is for those who don't mind sharing that section with the other Sims games.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I like reading Sims3 stories and stealing err....excuse me, getting hints for my own stories. I just don't want to wade through all the other threads to find them.

@bekkasan LOL, yes this exactly. :)
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I like reading Sims3 stories and stealing err....excuse me, getting hints for my own stories. I just don't want to wade through all the other threads to find them.

@bekkasan LOL, yes this exactly. :)

Hard to find ts3 stories as well, less and less people uses this game for, I don't care of which sims people uses for stories. I use TS3 mainly. Some people doesn't want to mix themselves with ts2 or ts4 and they are their right.
    SimLit gathers every simmers no matter what we play and what kind of story you write. That's the place to meet the community.
    However the creative corner is just for showing builds , cc etc specific to the sims 3. That's not for divided us , it's for helping us to show our creativity with a game we like without being mixed with people who did or don't play the game anymore.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    I support this idea, it gets confusing to determine which game is the thread about in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @SimGuruDrake - can we please have some sort of insight to this request, please?
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    I think this is a good idea! It's tedious searching through the Creative Corner looking for Sims 3 content, cause everything I click is Sims 4! I would like to have a Creative Corner just for Sims 3 :)
  • Options
    Tyr051Tyr051 Posts: 52 Member
    I spent such a long time creating content for Sims 3 (and I really, really miss CAW - creating worlds was joyfully artistic and fulfilling as far as video game futzing tends to be). Forums are not difficult to set up (source: real life job). I expect that it isn't here because its need either isn't supported by user interaction or because Maxis wants to more fully move the community to Sims 4. I understand that! But Sims 4 has no place for world builders, so I don't have the same level of skill and engagement to offer the community and exchange. I'd like to hold on to that with Sims 3 for just a little longer.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I think this is a good idea! It's tedious searching through the Creative Corner looking for Sims 3 content, cause everything I click is Sims 4! I would like to have a Creative Corner just for Sims 3 :)

This is the problem I have too. It would make much more sense to have a CC for each game.
    Little bump so this doesn't get forgotten.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    And yet again, I went to CC and can't find what I'm looking for cause it's all about S4.

Hey, S4 finally got their toddlers. So happy for them! Now can we PLEASE get a Sims 3 creative corner. Thank you.
  • Options
    @Pary Your avatar sim is gorgeous.
  • Options
    @ZeeGee , thank you ! :)

A TS3 creative corner will be far less work to implement than TS4 toddlers !
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    I sent @simgurudrake a PM the other day regarding creative corner for us. No answer, no comment. :(
  • Options
    Sadly, for some unknown reason, I don't think this is going to happen.
    I think they should implement a CC for TS3 to make it easier to find things; I also think there needs to be an ideas/feedback section for future iterations (but I don't think that will happen either).
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would love to see one just for TS3! I hardly even visit that section any more because it mostly seems to be about TS4 now. Please make this more organized and thoughtful for your customers.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Even though it might not happen, I can't for the life of me see what is so difficult about it :(
    Both other games have their own iteration corner, except us. It baffles me as to why.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    @Pary - No one likes us :disappointed::lol:
  • Options
    Well I wish someone would get to liking us. Or at least state a rule that all threads in CC general must be prefaced with [TS?] where ? is relevant to the iteration number.
    While that makes it easier, it doesn't help the endless scrolling and clicking just to find a thread title with 3 in it.

I really don't understand why this hasn't been addressed yet, or why it simply cannot happen. Its a matter of creating a simple forum category. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it! The general CC could be left there for those that post joint whatever it is they do.

I'm going to continue harping about this until someone does or says something in regard to it :angry:
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    I still want this to happen :/
  • Options
    @Pary - I've tagged Drake a couple of times in this thread, but nothing has been done. I agree that I don't understand why it hasn't been addressed yet.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I've been waiting for a TS3 creative corner as well, along with hoping several other forum display issues get fixed. Hearing literally nothing from no one for the past few months is getting pretty disheartening, is there any staff that checks this section? :cry:
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I've been waiting for a TS3 creative corner as well, along with hoping several other forum display issues get fixed. Hearing literally nothing from no one for the past few months is getting pretty disheartening, is there any staff that checks this section? :cry:

SimGuruDrake looks over the forums, but I've tagged here (in this very thread) and I know some people have even sent her PMs, but no answer. Oh no, is it the toddler silence all over again? :lol:
  • Options

I hate being ignored! :'( It would be nice if she could at least respond and tell us sure, I'll do that as soon as I have a chance, or 'kiss my grits' NO. She has been PM'd, tagged many times. It is possible some get buried, but all of the tags or all of the PM's? I don't think so.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @SimGuruDrake May we please know the reasoning behind the decision to pull three sections from the Sims 3 Creative Corner, three sections which had been for use by Sims 3 players since 2009, and to stick them at the top of the forum to be used by everyone?

Was it to bring all simmers together?

If so, then why does the Sims 4 section have those SAME three sections in their very own Creative Corner? Why do they get exclusive creative sections AND the use of the Sims 3 creative sections? Does that seem fair?

It feels kind of like when your parents bring home their newest bundle of joy and not only do they get their own room, but they get to take over your room too and put all their new toys in it while you're relegated to the basement without any windows. At this point I know I don't want the old sections moved back to the Sims 3 section as they are so mixed up with posts for TS4 which I do not care to look at or pick through when I am looking for Sims 3 stuff. Those three sections are trashed, one hot mess. I don't care what is done with those at this point but I think we should get brand new Creative Corner sections in the Sims 3 section.

We can move our threads we want and are still active in, in those three creative corner threads, over to the new ones ourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top