The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 27 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Vampire render by me (Not official) updated 1/19/2017

Comments

  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,299 Member
    mika wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

    This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

    Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

    Yeah I agree with this!

    Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

    They need to look pale or they will look odd.

    --T

    The appearance of vampires varies among cultures and even in some European nations they were described with dark skin since people's corpses darken. Only allowing them to be pale eliminates players that want to create vampires with dark skin. There are brown/black vampires too, I plan on making several regardless of what people think they "should" look like. They are fictional creatures. They could look like anything or anyone.

    Meh, I disagree. Whether they be fiction or not.

    --T
  • mikamika Posts: 1,668 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

    This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

    Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

    Yeah I agree with this!

    Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

    They need to look pale or they will look odd.

    --T

    The appearance of vampires varies among cultures and even in some European nations they were described with dark skin since people's corpses darken. Only allowing them to be pale eliminates players that want to create vampires with dark skin. There are brown/black vampires too, I plan on making several regardless of what people think they "should" look like. They are fictional creatures. They could look like anything or anyone.

    Meh, I disagree. Whether they be fiction or not.

    --T

    I don't understand what there is to disagree with, but whatever. Everyone should be able to make vampires look like however they want.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,299 Member
    mika wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

    This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

    Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

    Yeah I agree with this!

    Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

    They need to look pale or they will look odd.

    --T

    The appearance of vampires varies among cultures and even in some European nations they were described with dark skin since people's corpses darken. Only allowing them to be pale eliminates players that want to create vampires with dark skin. There are brown/black vampires too, I plan on making several regardless of what people think they "should" look like. They are fictional creatures. They could look like anything or anyone.

    Meh, I disagree. Whether they be fiction or not.

    --T

    I don't understand what there is to disagree with, but whatever. Everyone should be able to make vampires look like however they want.

    They should and probably will. I still think vampires would be pale if they were real. Nothing else to understand.

    --T
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I really hope they bring back the TS2 vampire avatar in the UI when they are in the game. That was one scary avatar. Perfect.

    I agree. I loved that the avatars changed if your sim became a vampire.
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I really hope they bring back the TS2 vampire avatar in the UI when they are in the game. That was one scary avatar. Perfect.

    I agree. I loved that the avatars changed if your sim became a vampire.

    If I remember correctly, in the whole leaking thingy, it says that they will have disguises similar to the aliens so maybe they will have the avatar change as well! That would be really nice.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,668 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

    This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

    Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

    Yeah I agree with this!

    Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

    They need to look pale or they will look odd.

    --T

    The appearance of vampires varies among cultures and even in some European nations they were described with dark skin since people's corpses darken. Only allowing them to be pale eliminates players that want to create vampires with dark skin. There are brown/black vampires too, I plan on making several regardless of what people think they "should" look like. They are fictional creatures. They could look like anything or anyone.

    Meh, I disagree. Whether they be fiction or not.

    --T

    I don't understand what there is to disagree with, but whatever. Everyone should be able to make vampires look like however they want.

    They should and probably will. I still think vampires would be pale if they were real. Nothing else to understand.

    --T

    Fortunately that's only your close-minded opinion. You told the OP that they have to be pale when they don't have to be and that's simply what I'm correcting. You can make yours pale but you don't decide how they should look for everyone else. Ciao.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    so cool! I think my sim-self would definitely be a vampire – very pale and doesn't do well in the sun haha
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    OHMYGOD ALIYAH!!! Now I have to recreate her as the evil queen of all vampires (that movie was kinda narmy but in a good way)
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2016
    mika wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

    This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

    Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

    I actually do live in an area where the sun is hard to come by and even during the summer most people here don't have tans. That really makes no difference imo. Black people don't turn into weird ashy purple people just because they haven't been in the sun. The overlay does nothing for already white sims and it makes darker colors look as I said plum. And the coding in the game at this moment seems to be that vampires can get traits and/or power that allows them in the sun. So that isn't even an issue for all vampires in the current state of the files.

    Imo even with no reason I'd still rather the overlay be optional. Simply put function and cosmetic is way more important than accuracy on "realism" for me. This game is completely unrealistic anyways. I'd rather we have the option.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2016
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

    This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

    Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

    Yeah I agree with this!

    Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

    They need to look pale or they will look odd.

    --T

    The appearance of vampires varies among cultures and even in some European nations they were described with dark skin since people's corpses darken. Only allowing them to be pale eliminates players that want to create vampires with dark skin. There are brown/black vampires too, I plan on making several regardless of what people think they "should" look like. They are fictional creatures. They could look like anything or anyone.

    Meh, I disagree. Whether they be fiction or not.

    --T

    I don't understand what there is to disagree with, but whatever. Everyone should be able to make vampires look like however they want.

    They should and probably will. I still think vampires would be pale if they were real. Nothing else to understand.

    --T

    Fortunately that's only your close-minded opinion. You told the OP that they have to be pale when they don't have to be and that's simply what I'm correcting. You can make yours pale but you don't decide how they should look for everyone else. Ciao.

    0mKXcg1.gif

    So true, who doesn't want this?
    new-moon-laurent-red-eyes.jpg
    latest?cb=20120829200927

    and best of all this. :love:
    fa75c8e7da90cf27e690ebe00e7520a7.jpg

    these were exactly what I was thinking of when I thought about vampires! I play a lot of darker skinned sims so its really annoying to have them look weird and ashy for no reason. As it is the base game skintones already have issues with that. YESSS. I'm also redoing Tara from true blood at this moment. Her and Pam are going to be my lesbian vampires! :P I am so excited for this and it isn't even announced. :relaxed:
  • mikamika Posts: 1,668 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    0mKXcg1.gif

    So true, who doesn't want this?
    new-moon-laurent-red-eyes.jpg
    latest?cb=20120829200927

    and best of all this. :love:
    fa75c8e7da90cf27e690ebe00e7520a7.jpg

    Absolutely! It just irks me how some people will try so hard to exclude poc (especially dark-skinned) poc from fantasy and fictional elements. I loved Queen of the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so much because it was the first time I saw someone that resembles me in a supernatural role where she was beautiful, powerful and a main character. But I digress, the first vampires I'm creating are her and Lestat.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 18,488 Member
    edited December 2016
    I have most of the Twilight characters in my game. Will definitely be adding Laurent! <3
    Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. 😊
  • dmel15dmel15 Posts: 562 Member
    I like the renders they are good.

    One thing I hope they add, but doubt they will, is the option for different types of fangs. I like both Sims 2 vampire's fangs because they are more classic looking, but at the same time I really enjoyed Sims 3 vampire's fangs because they looked a lot like the fangs the vampires in Interview with the Vampire had, which I thought was really cool.

  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,323 Member
    I've never been a fan of vampires in the past sims game, especially in the Sims 2 on the PSP, that game always scared me, but these renders kind of got me excited for this new game pack.

  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Love them! :love:
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    Amazing job on these renders, must have taken some time to do.
  • Yoko2112Yoko2112 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited December 2016
    I think vampires can be pale because they got the life drained ( Edit : apparently s...ing is bad but suck isn't) out of them and we do get a bit paler after we die. I think it's called anemia, basically we don't have enough healthy red blood cells in our bodies anymore. It can happen to living people as well but it's more noticable when you're dead. That doesn't mean someone who had a more brown skintone before suddenly becomes snow white though :D
    Post edited by Yoko2112 on
    tumblr_ooxzckCNc51wnigpko1_500.gif

  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 392 Member
    Oh wow sometimes I'm amazed by the rudeness of some people in the forums... Anywayssss, Dreagen1 your renders are really cool!! Some of them look like they could be official renders! I hope TS4 vampires look like that :)
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    Oh wow sometimes I'm amazed by the rudeness of some people in the forums... Anywayssss, Dreagen1 your renders are really cool!! Some of them look like they could be official renders! I hope TS4 vampires look like that :)

    Thank you! :)
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited December 2016
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    New one. Thank you Max20 for the vampire girl model.
    tumblr_oibahetFdN1tcw5z8o1_1280.png

    @Dreagen1: I always loved your toddler renders and now. ♥♥♥ Love, love, LOVE this one! It's so amazing!

    (It'd be trouble, if I could make these... I would never play the game again.. just fiddle around with render making all day, lol. (It looks so fun). )
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    New one. Thank you Max20 for the vampire girl model.
    tumblr_oibahetFdN1tcw5z8o1_1280.png

    @Dreagen1: I always loved your toddler renders and now. ♥♥♥ Love, love, LOVE this one! It's so amazing!

    (It'd be trouble, if I could make these... I would never play the game again.. just fiddle around with render making all day, lol. (It looks so fun). )

    Thank you so much :)
    Actually, you just described what I do, I don't play the game anymore because I do honestly find making these more fun! Lol
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 360 Member
    It seems the SJWs have arrived...

    I'll see my way out from this thread.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,726 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »
    It seems the SJWs have arrived...

    I'll see my way out from this thread.

    No idea what you mean by that, but have fun!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »
    It seems the SJWs have arrived...

    I'll see my way out from this thread.

    What's an SJW?
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top