Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited December 2016
    Welcome @AshleyMaryLove! It's good to see that you've got a variety of individual items in your wishlist. But keep in mind that you want to avoid items that are part of a set or venue that aren't eligible for the Complete Your Set (CYS) discount. Several items on your list jump out at me.

The Stiff As a Board, Light as a Feather Dance Collection from The Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts and the Head Start Playpen and Local Motion Toddler Walker from the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center. Neither of those venues are eligible for the CYS, nor are they part of any compilation. So if you plan on owning the venues, you don't want to get the individual items separately, or have them gifted. It would be a waste of points.

Now, there are exceptions to the CYS rule. Le Cinema Plumbob is not CYS by itself, but it is part of the March 2013 Compilation. The compilation is CYS eligible. If you own the Barrier to Entry System or Large As Life Movie Screen, then they will count toward reducing the price of the compilation.

FYI the Skylight Studio does come up on the Daily Deal rotation for as little as 532 SimPoints, a savings of 69%. That's only 100 points more than the Stiff as a Board collection. As for Tiny Prodigies, keep the venue on your wishlist. Members of this thread can be very generous. It is not uncommon to be gifted a venue, or even a world, from time to time. But try to be frugal with both your own points and those of the people who are giving you gifts. It will get you more of what you want more quickly.

I hope this didn't sound too much like a lecture. It was certainly meant to be more of a lesson. We've all been there, believe me. Give it a little time and you'll be bouncing around CYS, the DD spreadsheet and cascades before you know it.

Jude
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @AshleyMaryLove
    Listen to the advice that @JoeJude16 has given, especially in regards to CYS.

Speaking of CYS, here's a little trick of a sort (it's probably not so much a 'trick' as it is 'something odd I've noticed')

If there is any premium content that both is part of a CYS set you wish to complete, and can be bought individually (the deep fryer and the ice cream machine come to mind. Thanks to those, I think I wound up getting the Fabulous Fiesta set for free. Of course, this was quite some time ago) make them something of a priority.

Something I've noticed (I could be wrong though. My memory is not the greatest) is that, should you own a Premium item, that takes a bigger chunk of points off its set than if it were not Premium. (I'm not saying don't put non-Premium items on your Wishlist. Premium items are a bit more pricy, so definitely list the non-Premium items)

Therefore, if that set comes up on DD, and you have enough of a discount, there's a chance you'll get the rest of the items for free! (To me, Store-wise, there wasn't a lovelier sight than that green download button :p)

Okay, I'm done blithering. Back to lurking for me.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @Teanias
    Yeah no it's absolutely stunning, oh I know the first thing I'm going to do when I get dragon valley OMLAAAWRD!
    23rif7.gif
  • AshleyMaryLoveAshleyMaryLove Posts: 61 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Welcome @AshleyMaryLove! It's good to see that you've got a variety of individual items in your wishlist. But keep in mind that you want to avoid items that are part of a set or venue that aren't eligible for the Complete Your Set (CYS) discount. Several items on your list jump out at me.

The Stiff As a Board, Light as a Feather Dance Collection from The Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts and the Head Start Playpen and Local Motion Toddler Walker from the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center. Neither of those venues are eligible for the CYS, nor are they part of any compilation. So if you plan on owning the venues, you don't want to get the individual items separately, or have them gifted. It would be a waste of points.

Now, there are exceptions to the CYS rule. Le Cinema Plumbob is not CYS by itself, but it is part of the March 2013 Compilation. The compilation is CYS eligible. If you own the Barrier to Entry System or Large As Life Movie Screen, then they will count toward reducing the price of the compilation.

FYI the Skylight Studio does come up on the Daily Deal rotation for as little as 532 SimPoints, a savings of 69%. That's only 100 points more than the Stiff as a Board collection. As for Tiny Prodigies, keep the venue on your wishlist. Members of this thread can be very generous. It is not uncommon to be gifted a venue, or even a world, from time to time. But try to be frugal with both your own points and those of the people who are giving you gifts. It will get you more of what you want more quickly.

I hope this didn't sound too much like a lecture. It was certainly meant to be more of a lesson. We've all been there, believe me. Give it a little time and you'll be bouncing around CYS, the DD spreadsheet and cascades before you know it.

Jude
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @AshleyMaryLove
    Listen to the advice that @JoeJude16 has given, especially in regards to CYS.

Speaking of CYS, here's a little trick of a sort (it's probably not so much a 'trick' as it is 'something odd I've noticed')

If there is any premium content that both is part of a CYS set you wish to complete, and can be bought individually (the deep fryer and the ice cream machine come to mind. Thanks to those, I think I wound up getting the Fabulous Fiesta set for free. Of course, this was quite some time ago) make them something of a priority.

Something I've noticed (I could be wrong though. My memory is not the greatest) is that, should you own a Premium item, that takes a bigger chunk of points off its set than if it were not Premium. (I'm not saying don't put non-Premium items on your Wishlist. Premium items are a bit more pricy, so definitely list the non-Premium items)

Therefore, if that set comes up on DD, and you have enough of a discount, there's a chance you'll get the rest of the items for free! (To me, Store-wise, there wasn't a lovelier sight than that green download button :p)

Okay, I'm done blithering. Back to lurking for me.

Thank's to both of you I have edited my wishlist. One question though. How do I know if a set is part of CYS and how do I stalk the DD?
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you @scillakees for the many gifts. Love them all, of course. :heart:
    Thank you for the kind comment, @MariTomKaulitZ :smile: For whatever reason I didn't receive a notification about being tagged.
    Top five is updated :smiley:

sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank's to both of you I have edited my wishlist. One question though. How do I know if a set is part of CYS and how do I stalk the DD?

If the set is not in CYS discount it says in the set page "This set is not available for Complete Your Set discount at this time." For DD stalking there are two very good threads here Cascades and Daily Deals - Getting the Best Bang for Your SP and Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help.

Thanks @scillakees for lovely dresses and lowering my CYS price for Homecoming set (that is one pricey set, yakes) and thanks to @JoeJude16 for missing item in the March 2013 Compilation, I was able to complete the set for 220 sp. I now own Le Cinema Plumbob, yay!

Top 5 updated!
    Post edited by taratownie on
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • KatbagalKatbagal Posts: 107 Member
    edited December 2016
    I forgot to post a thank you to everyone that gifted me from here, so, thank you everyone! The homecoming set is very expensive for being all clothing, but I surely appreciate owning some pieces from it. And thank you for the lamp! It's so beautiful :smile: (I'm not sure if anyone that gifted me wants tagged, so I'll keep it anonymous for now).
    aka underapprciatedalien
    Origin ID~unhappyeggplant
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited December 2016
    Working on "Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear". Any help would be great. <3
  • neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you @JoeJude16 for the beautiful window! :heart:

@AshleyMaryLove I suggest downloading the spreadsheet over in this thread that corresponds to your timezone to help give you an idea of when certain items and sets are going on sale. I've been using it and it's been such a lifesaver so far. :smiley:
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks so much @Tamaek for your gifts! The simpoints have been very bad to me these days. :( Only 250 in such a long time. Just managed to get 3 more items. Now only left with 68 individual items and one world. ♥__♥

I've been so busy recently and want to welcome all the newcomers to this forum I haven't spoken to yet! :cookie:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    @scillakees
    @JoeJude16
    Thank you both so much :)
    Those angles are so angely perfect, I agree Joe. Spot on! Though I don't think it can be... Do spots have angles? Oh-oh I hope that doesn't mean my sim isn't spotless. LOL

Thank you scillakees. Ah the lacework and detailing on these is being in heaven with Helen for my eyes.. As soon as I meet a Helen. That's a nice name actually. And your username has me WOWED, it's so awesomely mystical! But yeah thank you. AH SO NICE
    23rif7.gif
    AH AGAIN, HOW DO I NOT NOTICE. Welcome @AshleyMaryLove !
    23rif7.gif
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Hello! Tomorrow is my first day at work after 7 months at home. Mom will look after my baby boy and my daughter will stay with her other grandmother. I'm a little stressed!

I've updated my top5.
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited December 2016
    I finally did it!!!! (Not counting 5 MMAO exclusive items which I cannot get thanks to MMAO not working for me :bawling: but anyway happy announcement!) Thanks to you wonderful people I now OWN THE STORE!!! WAHOOO!!! :joy: YAY!!! So happy! And I've had a hard, stressful weekend so that is a very nice thing to finally have!! Now to pay it forward and decide who my first... victims shall be :naughty: (We really need an emoji that rubs its hands together deviously. lol)
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    Wow, @Tamaek, Congratulations! If only they can fix the MMAO you'll be all set.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@AshleyMaryLove the DD spreadsheet can be horribly daunting at first. A couple bits of advice. Read the first tab. No, really, read it. Also, just start with the main sheet and work your way into the others slowly. Finally, go to those threads and ask whatever questions you have. I'm active there as well, and we are just as willing to help out there as we are here.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you @Tamaek for the gifts, they do brighten my day! And Congratulations for owning the store! :D
  • KatbagalKatbagal Posts: 107 Member
    Right now I'm mainly working on getting Homecoming and the Bohemian Garden set. Thank you to everyone that has pitched in so far, it means so much to me that other simmers care enough to gift me :smile:
    aka underapprciatedalien
    Origin ID~unhappyeggplant
  • neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    @Tamaek, congratulations on owning the store now! Must be a great feeling!
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Tamaek wrote: »
    I finally did it!!!! (Not counting 5 MMAO exclusive items which I cannot get thanks to MMAO not working for me :bawling: but anyway happy announcement!) Thanks to you wonderful people I now OWN THE STORE!!! WAHOOO!!! :joy: YAY!!! So happy! And I've had a hard, stressful weekend so that is a very nice thing to finally have!! Now to pay it forward and decide who my first... victims shall be :naughty: (We really need an emoji that rubs its hands together deviously. lol)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D I will be there soon too!!
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    YEY @Tamaek !! THAT'S SO EXCITING! YEEEEY! Ah, where's a balloon emoji when you need one. (I agree so much with the devious one you mentioned haha)
    What's the first thing you're gonna do!? And which item/set was the last one to complete the whole store?
    Sorry to be...myself BUT what is MMAO?
    23rif7.gif
    @Tamaek OMG :D Thanks so much for the gifts! Hope you're enjoying the warmth... I know I wouldn't...
    My wishlist was cleared out completely thanks to you, @scillakees and @JoeJude16 . Good lorde. I'm getting royal.. HEHE (get it)
    23rif7.gif
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited December 2016
    @AuzzPanda MMAO is Make Me An Offer ;)

@Tamaek Whooo congrats! That's amazing news :smiley: Welcome to the club :star:
  • cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    It took me a long time, but I was determined to gift someone a holiday surprise. @Xanthina , I've gifted you some of your top 5 and the Lunar Lake World. Surprise!
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Whoa! :hushed: Thank you, @scillakees. I was really jonesin' for that PC! :cookie: And @Tamaek, I love it! <3 I think you've heard me talk about how much I love family-style gameplay, and I just really feel like your gift lends itself to that. I was shocked and sooo excited to receive these gifts! And have immediately put them to good use! Thank you, both, so so so much!

I know I say this all of the time, but I can't wait to be able to do this for other Simmers!
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"