Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it really going to happen?

I'm afraid to get my hopes up about vampires. I want them back really badly. I hope this isn't a false rumor. Please tell me it's really going to happen.
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    They were found in the patch files this is real.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's not officially confirmed, but it as close as it can get without it.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    They're not confirmed yet, but from what modders have found in the game files, I would say it looks pretty real ;)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Thank you for your replies! I'm very excited about this!
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    It is really happening. Check simscommunity.info for all the hints. Most recently, they have found an animation and sound effect which will play when vampires die by sunlight. They have also found a specific walkstyle for vampires. These are all in the game files (they've been patched in the recent patches) so it shouldn't be long before the GP is released (I'm betting february).
  • xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    also they found a new eye color in the game files too, red! :grin:
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited December 2016
    xJawdin wrote: »
    also they found a new eye color in the game files too, red! :grin:

And not the strange and never fitting light red that we have right now. I fully approve of this awesomeness! :D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Let us all gather around the tomb, light some black candles, and hold hands in a circle to chant for the undead ones to rise....RISE.....RIIIIIIIISE beloved Creatures of the Night!! Come forth and devour these townie sacrifices and non-believers!! Come...and walk among us again!

....*ahem* My apologies. Lost myself there for a moment.
    #Team Occult
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Let us all gather around the tomb, light some black candles, and hold hands in a circle to chant for the undead ones to rise....RISE.....RIIIIIIIISE beloved Creatures of the Night!! Come forth and devour these townie sacrifices and non-believers!! Come...and walk among us again!

....*ahem* My apologies. Lost myself there for a moment.

Naw, it's okay. You were just saying what everyone was thinking.
    I'm really looking forward to making a Vampire Tragic Clown and watching him/her/IT show up at festivals.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Vampires coming is probably true, but there is still a lot of speculation that is happening. For example we don't know if we can have hybrid lifestates (ghost and vampire).
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    Vampires coming is probably true, but there is still a lot of speculation that is happening. For example we don't know if we can have hybrid lifestates (ghost and vampire).

Ghosts and vampires are a definite. Ghost can be any hybrid ever because it's technically more of a life stage than life state. Any sim that can die can be a ghost.

As for alien vampires, witch vampires etc, well I guess we'll see.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Ghosts are a lifestage (afterlifestage) rather than a species, and cannot breed. If they make vamps as undead (another afterlifestage), then I doubt they could be combined. However, I believe they will be made as a species as the code mentions part-vampires from genetics. This means that when a vampire dies, they could be a ghost vampire.
  • Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member

That is in the code if you look on Sims community they point out that there will be hybrids like aliens and human Sims the only thing not known is how the powers will turn out with hybrids but it seem with this pack they will be working with genetics cause a vampire can pass on the walk in sun light trait to it kids from what found in code
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    https://vk.com/video-64239321_456240191 For all vampire lovers, you need to watch this video.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Ghosts are a lifestage (afterlifestage) rather than a species, and cannot breed. If they make vamps as undead (another afterlifestage), then I doubt they could be combined. However, I believe they will be made as a species as the code mentions part-vampires from genetics. This means that when a vampire dies, they could be a ghost vampire.

Vamps usually turn to ash if they die.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Their body turns to ash, but what about their spirit? Unless you consider the spirit/ghost to be their soul and vampires to be soulless.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    more reasons for me to keep my sims safely at home then
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Vampires will likely happen, but when is the matter for speculation.
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Simmer_Ray wrote: »

That is in the code if you look on Sims community they point out that there will be hybrids like aliens and human Sims the only thing not known is how the powers will turn out with hybrids but it seem with this pack they will be working with genetics cause a vampire can pass on the walk in sun light trait to it kids from what found in code

Well that's kind of what I mean though, not just to look half vampire half sim and so forth, but how the powers will be too. In sims 3 they didn't really have hybrids like sims 2, and it hasn't been confirmed at all that we will have hybrids in sim4. It's all speculation really on the community's part.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

i%20know%20of%20a%20place_zpsfmqlo0xl.gif
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm not sure how hybrids will work, but if I got to decide, I'd want (for example) a vampire and a witch to have a half vampire, half witch offspring. The child (at whatever point their powers appear) would be a half vampire with only half vampire powers. Maybe they don't need to drink blood but need plasma fruit, can see their reflection, can walk in the sun, can not change to a bat (or fly or run fast, whichever we are given) and has some mental powers. As a half witch, they could cast some spells in all categories but the larger spells are not possible. With either form, they are limited to the low end "perks". Each half will water down the other half so that they are not fully one or the other.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm not sure how hybrids will work, but if I got to decide, I'd want (for example) a vampire and a witch to have a half vampire, half witch offspring. The child (at whatever point their powers appear) would be a half vampire with only half vampire powers. Maybe they don't need to drink blood but need plasma fruit, can see their reflection, can walk in the sun, can not change to a bat (or fly or run fast, whichever we are given) and has some mental powers. As a half witch, they could cast some spells in all categories but the larger spells are not possible. With either form, they are limited to the low end "perks". Each half will water down the other half so that they are not fully one or the other.

It would be awesome to get something that in depth.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."

The Sims 4 world is already as safe as safe gets, so what do you mean more reasons?

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2016

Their body turns to ash, but what about their spirit? Unless you consider the spirit/ghost to be their soul and vampires to be soulless.

I meant in the game. I have never had the ghost of a vampire - you don't even see Grimmy - it just burns up into a wisp of smoke and ash which neat sims promptly sweep up and toss in the trash - at least in previous sims games. Perhaps it is because they are souless. I have no idea.

Can Sims 4 ghosts even have babies now? As in the Q and A when ghosts first came out it said they could not procreate. I know Sims 3 ones can but none ever had any with any vamps in my game thus far.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I meant in the game. I have never had the ghost of a vampire - you don't even see Grimmy - it just burns up into a wisp of smoke and ash which neat sims promptly sweep up and toss in the trash - at least in previous sims games. Perhaps it is because they are souless. I have no idea.

Can Sims 4 ghosts even have babies now? As in the Q and A when ghosts first came out it said they could not procreate. I know Sims 3 ones can but none ever had any with any vamps in my game thus far.

In Sims 2 vampires did indeed become ghosts when they died. In my legacy game my Sim's vampire husband got caught out in the sun and died and his ghost forever haunted the lot after that. You're correct though that the vamps didn't get the grim reaper when they died. I don't know about Sims 3 because I never had any of my vampires die in that game.

Sims 4 ghosts can still not have babies, to answer your other question.