Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    @AuzzPanda Thank you :blush:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited December 2016
    I also very much enjoyed TS3 University Life, it was a lot of fun, nothing like TS2 University but I really enjoyed it all the same. I really like the canes in TS3 Generations it sounds silly but I love them. I really loved Seasons and I like the ability to customize the seasons for the worlds but I agree that they get a little heavy handed with the rain and snow. Actually went a whole winter where my kids never attended school and aged up without ever going to elementary/middle school. And as far as worlds go, I super hate Bridgeport. It takes too long to get to the bus stop or work from the apartments. Otherwise I loved it but it annoyed me so much that my sims had to leave 3 hours early to make it to school or work on time. :rage: Honestly a favorite of mine is TS3 Pets, not really like TS2 Pets but still very fun and in some ways I like it better.

You are most welcome @neenahhh! You can recolor things, too which opens up worlds of possibilities with that set. :smile:

Welcome to the group @Nomiko13! :wink: Also for your wishlist try posting only items from the sets you want instead of the whole set that way it is easier for us to gift you. When you get enough you might be able to grab the set with CYS or even free on the Daily Deal. That way people don't double up on gifting you and those that can't afford the larger sets can whittle it down for you little by little. And you should check out The Daily Deal Rotation Thread if you haven't already for tips, advice and help on making the most of your simpoints and gifts. They'll have you on your way to owning the store using only ads and gifts in no time. They are a really friendly bunch so you should definitely pop over to say hello.

@AuzzPanda overall good advice and good points about Ambitions. I agree to being a little disappointed after seeing the trailer. It is still fun but its not quite like that. And I noticed that fishing spot as well and had some :confused: moments on that, too. lol

@JovialJoy yeah it was pretty funny looking back on it and it was certainly memorable. Really weird.

Anything funny/bizarre ever happened to you guys?
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited December 2016
    @Tamaek
    OH YEAH I definitely noticed that on Bridgeport. Bothersome..
    I uh... EHM.. *Slowly raises hand* kind of prefer TS3 pets to TS2 pets HEH.
    Well just because there's much more to do with them. HOWEVER, have you noticed that when you take them for a walk with a leash the sim walks SO AWKWARDLY... Don't want to be reminded of MY teenage years lol ;)
    I do really miss the interaction of sitting on the window and staring/barking out from S2 though..
    And uh, wish I was one of those kids...

I adore the canes too! So much. They did the nice detail of making NPC's only use the feeble walk, so the southern gentlemen is more unique. I give both of them to my sims though..

Haha aw, do you have any super-duper glitchy pics?
    hoBUbvT.jpg

Nothing out of this world has happened to me that I can think of right now... How about you?

AH I didn't notice! Hiya @Nomiko13 !

@Breazona hehe you're welcome
    23rif7.gif
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »

@AuzzPanda Hiya :smiley:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Tamaek wrote: »

Welcome to the group @Nomiko13! :wink: Also for your wishlist try posting only items from the sets you want instead of the whole set that way it is easier for us to gift you. When you get enough you might be able to grab the set with CYS or even free on the Daily Deal. That way people don't double up on gifting you and those that can't afford the larger sets can whittle it down for you little by little. And you should check out The Daily Deal Rotation Thread if you haven't already for tips, advice and help on making the most of your simpoints and gifts. They'll have you on your way to owning the store using only ads and gifts in no time. They are a really friendly bunch so you should definitely pop over to say hello.

Thank you so so so much for the gift! And I will for surely do that with my wishlist. And I bookmarked the DD thread but haven't gotten a chance to thoroughly read through it yet. Thanks for the suggestion :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Thank you @MariTomKaulitZ for the Cat's Meow Coat. I'm sure my elders will love this.
    Top five :smile:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    AuzzPanda wrote: »

@AuzzPanda Hiya :smiley:

:smiley:
    23rif7.gif
  • KatbagalKatbagal Posts: 107 Member
    edited December 2016
    1. Everyday Kids Collection

2. Luxe Kidswears

3. One With Nature

4. Bohemian Garden

5. Country Livin'

Thank you, thank you! This is a splendid idea for those of us that don't have the store since it might be taken down soon. :smiley:
    Post edited by Katbagal on
    aka underapprciatedalien
    Origin ID~unhappyeggplant
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for your insights, @MariTomKaulitZ! Sooo anxious to get so many of the EPs. But I know I'll only want to install them one-by-one to see what they have to offer. Shoot, I don't even feel like I've really checked out what Late Night has to offer, and I've had it for years. I need to actually play the game.

Thank you! He's one of my favourite in-game toddlers. (You can download him and his family here, in case you're interested :))

Wow! Your lighting looks amazing in the screen capture of the Elvin family. Do you use a mod?

Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thanks for @Jojo777 and @brandi22 for lowering my CYS price for Viva Las Vegas Living set, I should be getting it at very low price on DD #10. Which means Go All in Compilation on DD #148 should be free! Yay!

Top 5 updated!
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    taratownie wrote: »
    Thanks for @Jojo777 and @brandi22 for lowering my CYS price for Viva Las Vegas Living set, I should be getting it at very low price on DD #10. Which means Go All in Compilation on DD #148 should be free! Yay!

Top 5 updated!

Congrats! You are welcome for the gifts, hope you enjoy the Viva Vegas set :)
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi all I haven't been able to farm enough sp to gift lately but I do have a gift for any of you who have dragon valley and think it needs a junkyard/castle ruin or just want a unique junkyard I have made a little gift for you!
    If you don't have dragon valley I wouldn't recommend downloading it as I have used a lot of dragon valley stuff and I have no idea what the game will replace them with sorry!
    Screenshot-120%202_zps3iosnawo.jpg
    Here are more pictures
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15402701/#Comment_15402701
    Here is a link to it
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9020641
    edited December 2016
    Thank you all for your insights on the EPs. I didn't see some of the comments on them the last time I myself commented. I hadn't refreshed the page before I posted it. But thank you, everyone, for your input. I really like hearing what you guys have to say. Guess this is also one of the benefits of being a late comer of sorts. I get the benefit of "peer reviews!" <3

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    @brandi22, thank you once again for the gifts! <3

@Jojo777, I agree, the True Romance Hairstyle really is beautiful. Thank you so much for the lovely surprise!
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
    @MariTomKaulitZ I just noticed that you created them, too! Such a beautiful family. I've got them saved. :)

@Tamaek, that's true! Thank you once again!
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
    @JovialJoy haha that's true ;)

@Teanias
    O.M.FLYING RADGETSNOUGHTS THAT IS GORGEOUS!
    23rif7.gif
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    @AuzzPanda I agree. And thank you so much! I really love @Breazona's pic as well - so cute <3
    And you're very welcome @Breazona :)

@JovialJoy You're welcome! I seriously just love all the EPs, as every one of them adds something fun and unique. It sounds like a great idea to install them one-by-one, though, as there is so many things to discover! And thank you, I use a lighting mod indeed: this one (the version with auroras and RH water). I know that not everyone likes the brightly coloured skies, though. This creator made more lighting mods, which you can find here!

@neenahhh Thank you so much :blush:

@Teanias Omg it's so gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing it with us - I've rec'd and fave'd it <3
  • AshleyMaryLoveAshleyMaryLove Posts: 61 Member
    Love the idea. I am not sure if people still use this forum but hello I am new here my username is the same as shown (AshleyMaryLove)
    Link to my wishlist- not allowed since new member

1.Aurora Skies-Gold
    2. Tiny prodigies Early Learning Center
    3.Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes
    4. Prism Art Studio
    5. Dirty no more changing and bathing station
    edited December 2016
    Welcome to The Gifting Directory, @Katbagal and @AshleyMaryLove! This thread still receives a lot of traffic. We have people gifting through here and leaving comments nearly every day.

As @Tamaek told @Nomiko13, there are some guidelines that, if followed, make you more likely to be the recipient of gifts!

Instead of putting a whole set on your Wishlist, put the individual items from the set. While your fellow Simmers might not be able to afford to gift you a whole set, we can often afford to help you chip away at it, piece by piece, and reduce the Complete Your Set discount in the process. And if you pair your CYS with the Daily Deals, you can sometimes pick up a set for free! Combine that with Cascades, and you can occasionally get multiple sets for next-to-nothing.

It takes a bit of reading, but if you're looking to pick up Store items without spending any real money, it's time well spent.

You'll also want to make sure there are no "doubles" in your Wishlist. That means you shouldn't have both a set and the individual items from the set in your Wishlist. This is to prevent people from "double gifting" you. Because if one Simmer gifted you an individual item from the set, and then a second Simmer gifted you the entire set, the individual item was essentially purchased for you two times, and the first gifter's SimPoints would be wasted.

There are quite a number of people on here who are in the position to gift big ticket items but won't do so if your Wishlist has doubles. You can learn more about how to clean it up here: Squeaky Clean Wishlist. And if you choose to abide by the guidelines detailed in that thread, there's a chance you could be nominated to win a gift.

Happy Simming!

edited December 2016
    Thank you for the gift, @neenahhh!

My Top Five has been updated.

• TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    Thank you @MariTomKaulitZ and @AuzzPanda I kind of surprised myself with how pretty the Junkyard ruin turned out!
    @JovialJoy You're welcome, and thank you for helping me lower my CYS price for Make a Wish! :smiley:
    o02kvr.png
    Thank you to everyone who helped me get Futureshock Living, which is on the DD right now. :blush:

I've updated my Top Five!
    o02kvr.png
    edited December 2016
    Thank you so much for the gifts, @ZeeGee and @JoeJude16! I'm excited to pick the set up next week. And I do like how there are different aesthetics to fit the tones of the different world.

My Top Five has been updated.

By the way, @Teanias, your ruined castle does look really neat. I "liked" the comment, but since the Forums don't seem to allow us to see who has liked something, I thought I should go ahead and tell you as well!

Psst ... it's nice to "hear" from you Jude! And I liked the little message you sent.

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Teanias that looks really great! I don't have Dragon Valley installed right now, but I have downloaded it and will check it out the next time I play with that town.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner