Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire render by me (Not official) updated 1/19/2017

Comments

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

Yeah I agree with this!

Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

They need to look pale or they will look odd.

--T
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

Yeah I agree with this!

Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

--T

In the files for this vampire pack it says you can have your vampire be whatever color you'd like. Pale or Normal.
    Dreagen1 wrote: »

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

In the files for this vampire pack it says you can have your vampire be whatever color you'd like. Pale or Normal.

Ookay, I guess?

Although not sure how that's relevant, I'm not talking about the game. I'm talking about the render and what I think vampires should look like, if one were real.

--T

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

Calm down sweetie. I know you're reveling in the attention your renders (both here and in the toddlers thread) are giving you, but if you post anything on here, people will have an opinion about it. Your renders are cute, but I hope the real thing is done better, more scary and creepy.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I really hope they bring back the TS2 vampire avatar in the UI when they are in the game. That was one scary avatar. Perfect.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2016

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

OH no - I look like a vampire? I never go outside in the daytime. Haven't for years. The Sun is my enemy - good thing I am a vegetarian - as it must be why I don't look deathly pale, but then I am very light skinned. My avatar is my sim self. But darn didn't ever think I looked vampirish. LOL.

Truthfully vampires look grey not from never going in the sun - but because they are technically dead - their heart no longer pumps blood and oxygen through their veins - which makes the dead look grey and colorless. It is a dead look and no amount of sun could ever change that.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

OH no - I look like a vampire? I never go outside in the daytime. Haven't for years. The Sun is my enemy - good thing I am a vegetarian - as it must be why I don't look deathly pale, but then I am very light skinned. My avatar is my sim self. But darn didn't ever think I looked vampirish. LOL.

I'm also as white as a sheet. I feel your pain! Lol

--T
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    I like them! Really cool

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

Ookay, I guess?

Although not sure how that's relevant, I'm not talking about the game. I'm talking about the render and what I think vampires should look like, if one were real.

--T

I didn't know that you weren't talking about in game... I was just letting everyone know... wow sorry..
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited December 2016

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

The appearance of vampires varies among cultures and even in some European nations they were described with dark skin since people's corpses darken. Only allowing them to be pale eliminates players that want to create vampires with dark skin. There are brown/black vampires too, I plan on making several regardless of what people think they "should" look like. They are fictional creatures. They could look like anything or anyone.
  • DeliriumDelirium Posts: 85 Member
    The male vampire reminds me of my co- worker :D ! Not my vision of an ideal vampire but everyone has their own opinion about them. They look good :) ! Thanks for sharing!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

This was just to let people know that you could do this to them. I wasn't trying to be rude. Relax.

Thank you! something new I didn't know. That would be great as I intend on having a Spanish vampire who needs a little darker skin color. Then maybe a really creepy pale one that looks like he crawled out from a cave. :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Love your renders. Those are plenty spooky for me. :)
    Love your renders. Those are plenty spooky for me. :)

Thank you so much <3 That other comment really upset me.. I really appreciate you liking them :)
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

This was just to let people know that you could do this to them. I wasn't trying to be rude. Relax.

Thank you! something new I didn't know. That would be great as I intend on having a Spanish vampire who needs a little darker skin color. Then maybe a really creepy pale one that looks like he crawled out from a cave. :D

You are very welcome! <3
  • I love all of your renders so much! And i agree just because vamps are undead doesn't mean they can't have dark skin tones
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

The appearance of vampires varies among cultures and even in some European nations they were described with dark skin since people's corpses darken. Only allowing them to be pale eliminates players that want to create vampires with dark skin. There are brown/black vampires too, I plan on making several regardless of what people think they "should" look like. They are fictional creatures. They could look like anything or anyone.

I would also like the option, although to have an option I need a new vampire skin tone. We don't have a pale skin tone that doesn't look Asian.

In my vampire lore, their hair darkens and their skin gets paler the longer they're alive.

If someone with darker skin was bitten, they would still be darker than other vampires but they'll slowly gain paler skin.

Has nothing to do with being undead, but more to do with never being in the sun.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    love your work @Dreagen1 even if I am not a fan of vampires;))) and your toddie looks so cute too <3
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
    teaa5 wrote: »
    love your work @Dreagen1 even if I am not a fan of vampires;))) and your toddie looks so cute too <3

Thank you <3
    I love all of your renders so much! And i agree just because vamps are undead doesn't mean they can't have dark skin tones

Thank you <3
    I do agree, they can be any color, and the option to have either pale or normal would be good so everyone can play their own way
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    I like them all, this last one reminds me of Marceline from Adventure Time. :#
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Awesome! Keep em' coming!