Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler breaks the rules

snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
Interrupts wanting to chat while my sim is busy and that's not suppose to happen, he takes a bath in my tub, drinks constantly and keeps stealing my pop corn popper does he have a fetish? I've purchased 4 pop corn poppers so far I fired him once but when I called and hired a new butler I got the same guy. I put together a small video but I didn't catch him doing every thing he does
allmsp.com/chat/calendar.htm
The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
Post edited by snootypatooty on

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If you want to get rid of him permanently, I would go into manage world, and delete him from that area. He sounds like a real pain.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Interrupts wanting to chat while my sim is busy and that's not suppose to happen, he takes a bath in my tub, drinks constantly and keeps stealing my pop corn popper does he have a fetish? I've purchased 4 pop corn poppers so far I fired him once but when I called and hired a new butler I got the same guy

OMG- is that what happened to my popper? I thought maybe I had forgotten to place it- it's a new place and I figured I left it out. I had checked before though and he doesn't have the "klepto" trait. Do they just steal as a general rule?
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    This is why bottles should be marked Nig, Yksihw and Akdov
    Only snag is butlers will refill a bottle with Eniru

Ah Terry Pratchett we miss you
    :'(
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options

@JasonAnthonySterling I went back in edit and added a link to a small video of some of the things he does but I didn't catch it all on video my sim was at work at the time allmsp.com/chat/calendar.htm
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
  • Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    At MTS coolspear wrote on main page of this mod: Longer Decay Rates, More Servings and Faster Eating and Drinking

"99 Popcorn Servings (Movie Hangout Stuff) - Make 99 portions of popcorn in the Popcorn Machine. Now you and your guests can have marathon movie trilogy nights and still have buckets of popcorn left over at the end.

Note: Indeed, the Popcorn Machine is broken. (Awww, Maxis. Really?) Here's how.
    1.) Place down a Popcorn Machine in kitchen.
    2.) Never use it.
    3.) After about a sim week, is starts to stink!!! As if it were rotten food.
    4.) Sims will complain about smell endlessly, but you just won't guess it's an unused appliance causing the stink.
    5.) After about another sim week, the game actually deletes Popcorn Machine, mistaking it for stuck, rotten plate/food that sims do not have access to, so have not been able to clean up.

I've tested this on four consecutive cycles now and every time the same outcome. Stinky Machine that finally gets deleted by game. I actually blamed the poor NPC gardener for stealing the two Popcorn Machines the first time they were deleted. But testing the same cycle over and over again has proven the gardener's innocence. I nearly had her arrested, Maxis! Not good, not good at all.

During the fifth cycle of tests, where one machine regularly made and held popcorn, there were no issues with it at all. However, the second unused machine caused same terrific stink and was finally deleted by game once again.

So, either it's broken, or some SimGuru thinks that's a really funny depiction of unused Popcorn Machines. Either way, just regularly keep it full of popcorn and you don't have to worry about it. 99 servings will do the job nicely.

Keep an eye for update...
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I don't remember my popcorn maker stinking when it was never used.
  • Options
    Mine didn't it would simply disappear
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    Well what i did was go to cas.fulleditmode change his traits to perfectionist,neat and bookworn so when he wants some fun he will read some books instead! I am ok with him using occasionally the globe bar but as far as the bubblebaths concerned i am wondering if i put a bath tub in his personal quarters (i have a shower there now) if he will go there to take them... :/
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Butlers can be Carsons and butlers can be sneaky, stealing 🐸🐸🐸🐸. There should be consequences though (other than "you're fired").
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    EA is more busy with talking toilets then fixing issues.Happy holidays.
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    Maybe because it gives off a " dirty" vibe the butler keeps throwing it out rather than stealing it. Yeah I get the stinky bug as well. Took me forever to find out what was causing it. I kept remodeling my kitchen or moving houses just to keep getting it. Ended up finally discovering it on my own.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    It seems like this was happening with the maid, and another appliance, I wanna say the coffee or tea maker. It wouldn't get dirty by itself, but if it got stinky from unused beverage, the maid would throw it out rather than clean/empty it. After countless (lazy) maids were fired for stealing, and brought suit for wrongful dismissal, it was fixed in a patch. :D I guess it can't hurt to tag the Man Of The Hour lately, @SimGuruNick. :)
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Butlers can have any traits, so it's totally possible you have a Klepto butler. If every butler is stealing popcorn machines though, that definitely sounds like a bug.