Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims game is the best?

Comments

• victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member
    I've played The Sims 2, 3 and 4. My vote is the Sims 3. The Sims 2 and 4 are lacking in area's i felt were strong and necessary in the Sims 3. While both have strengths (The Sims 2: A different variety of towns, gameplays, etc; The Sims 4: New CAS features and interesting graphics) The Sims 3 is King in all area's (minus, of course, lag and glitches). The gameplay, in my opinion, is much more enjoyable. I've put more hours into the Sims 3 than the other two combined! :)
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    My vote is The Sims 3, followed by The Sims, then The Sims 2 and then 4.

I'm actually at a point now where I have put more effort into TS3 than I did in TS1, which is quite a feat, because in TS1 I would actually spend hours and hours creating stuff... (Something I can't do in TS3, I don't have the skills for 3D modelling...)
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    TS2 gameplay wise, TS4 for sims customization.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • AbbeyJoy27AbbeyJoy27 Posts: 11 New Member
    I think sims3 is the best because you can do more with it I guess :)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited January 2017
    To me the choice isn't so obvious. I am between the sims 2 and the sims 3 and both wins the first place to me.

I love how much the sims 2 is very detailed , the characters despite they don't have any traits , are deep and enough realists for a 13 years old game . It doesn't use a lot of ram when you got 4 GB even a bit less of ram even if you got a lot of cc. The environement they live as well. eg :The lightings burns the stuff it hits (no in the sims 3 we just have an impact) , the holes dogs can be filled up again (they dissapears in the sims 3 right after being digged), there is often people you don't know how invites you for having an evening with them etc.

I love the sims 3 for the general gameplay it isn't as detailed as the sims 2 and it lacks a lot of stuffs. I love the lot the diversity of the gameplay. When you game crash you don't play the same game you played before . The open world and the story progression are pretty addicting and make the game alive. That's awesome for stories for instance.

The sims 4 isn't as bad as people pretends despite the lack of the gameplay you can't stay hours and hours playing it after being bored and the emotion system that changes the sims states all the time I don't like a lot. It tends to be better now with toddlers and I wish for a better improvement. It has its own surprises and we have to wait and see for its future.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    I Would Say Sims 3 Even Thought i played and Like them all and also Sims Urbz For Gameboy advance as well :)
  • one2travelone2travel Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone
    I have bin a big huge fan of the sims since sims 1 but my favorite in the sims Making Magic they came out with Supernatural in the sims 3 and I was happy when that came out to
    but what I liked in Making Magic you went into another world and now I like the Vampires in the game pack but what I like to know if there going to be another one like that and also I like the sims can change into vampires and I would love to see that sims change into different things in a expansion pack
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited February 2017
    If we compare all 4 we should keep in mind that Sims 4 is not done completely yet.

In my opinion its
    Sims 3>Sims 2>Sims 4(sliiightly behind Sims 2!)>Sims 1

Sims 1 was the very first. It was the beginning of The Sims Series and in 2016 its really lacking of so much content I enjoy in the other 3 series'. But I dont think Sims 1 is bad. Its still enjoyable but for me its just really outdated and I love to create and you cant create that much in Sims 1. Back then it was real fun and the furniture still is supercool.

What bugs me most is that all Sims Series got so cool objects/interactions that never made it to the next Series and so on. For example Sims 2 fixing Acne (Teens) but the good thing is we dont have to choose which game we play we can switch between them all as we desire.
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    Definitely sims 2 for me, I love the gameplay, the humour, the hidden lots, just about everything. Probably sims 4 would be next since its introduced toddlers and vampires but miss being able to create a world. Then sims 3, enjoyed the open world but didn't like that you could only have about 150 sims, not good for legacy players. Never played sims 1 so cant comment.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited February 2017
    sims 4 for all you can do in it for customizing and you can copy and paste a whole room. i love the toddlers in 4 too they're more fun and you can do more with them plus they act like real toddlers, i like the art style of the sims 4. sims 2 is next cause of the pet jobs, the art style i just love a lot of it. the sims 3 is on the bottom on though the open worlds were nice it too my computer too much time to load up and the sims seems too lifeless. i do miss the colour wheel though that was one of my faverouite thing in the game. the sims 1 i was too young to have and at the moment if i wanted it i have no cd rom in my laptop so i can't put disks into it :disappointed: i really wish ea would be able to put the sims 1 on origin for those who want to get the game and those who want to relive their childhood or whatever memories they had at the time
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    The Sims 3. I love the open world.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I liked SIMS 3 because there was more color opportunities.
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Guinea_pigs_3456Guinea_pigs_3456 Posts: 4 New Member
    Myself and a few other friends are arguing about which Sims game is the best. We want to settle this argument. Whichever game has the most 'votes' is the game we decide is best. Tell us your favorite Sims game and why it's your favorite (if you want to).

• Guinea_pigs_3456Guinea_pigs_3456 Posts: 4 New Member
    I just bought the sims 2 the other week , I have played sims 4 and 3 as well . I think they are all great in there own ways but sims 2 is the best , I haven't even bought all the expansion packs yet and it's super fun , only the extra commodities ( comfort and environment are annoying) . Sims 3 was awesome for open world and slightly improved graphics whilst still maintaining the sims 2's theme so I think that's second best . Sims 4s graphics are the best and it's a much smoother game but the gameplay can get boring after a few hours of playing and the relationships seem a bit fake and robotic, unlike sims 2 , but it's still good particularly sims 4 cas. I haven't played the sims 1 but I think that even though many don't care for it now it was amazing and game changing at its time
  • NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    Best console game- The Sims: Bustin' Out.
    Best Create-A-Sim mode: Sims 4
    Best soundtrack: Sims 1
    Best gameplay: Sims 1 & 2
    Best graphics: Sims 4
    Best expansion packs: Sims 1
    Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
    Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
  • tiramisu6tiramisu6 Posts: 43 Member
    edited March 2017
    Personally,

The Sims 2 > The Sims 4 > The Sims 1 > The Sims 3 (Excluding open-world.)
    Post edited by tiramisu6 on
    s7xTQov.gif
    "...but i’m just a soul whose intentions are good." - lana del rey
    week 102. still no open-world, pets or seasons expansion pack.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Sims 3. Sims 2 is close though.
    p6tqefj
  • dollfaedollfae Posts: 66 Member
    i don't know if i can decide which one is the best but i know that my fave is the OG sims makin magic.. it just had this magical air about it
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    The Sims Medieval and The Sims 4.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hey all!
    I've played 1, 2 and 3. Sims 1 started it all. The sims in 2 were quite funny and I really liked all of the interactions, but there was something missing for me; more freedom. So for me, it's Sims 3.
    I cannot find it in me to give this up:
    Cullen and his newly adopted steed, Diamond:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    This is the result of clicking on my sim and choosing "go for a ride". I just sat back and enjoyed the view. They chose their own path and rode from sun up to late afternoon. I just had them stop for a break way up in the hills of Dragon Valley where the horse grazed some before heading back home. <3
  • rachiesaucerachiesauce Posts: 58 Member
    I don't know if my vote should count since I missed out on The Sims 2. I played the first game until my computer fell apart and wasn't able to get back into simming until way late into 3. (2014) I would still cast my vote for 3 though, because it has just about everything. :D As far as 4 goes, at the time of this comment, I have only played the free trial. It did not catch my eye at all. I don't want to bash the game, but it just didn't grab my simmer's heart. :D
  • RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Sims 2 was the best game for me because it had interesting stories built into the game both for each family and for the whole neighborhood. It came with 3 neighborhoods and each game in one of them could be expanded by an unlimited number of subhoods so we never ran out of space for adding new houses and families to our games. We controlled all the families and there were no culling or other attempts from the game to create events that we didn't want. To me this game only lacked in depth and a little more challenging gameplay because otherwise it was close to perfect.

Compared to Sims 2 all the other games just lack something:
    1. Sims 1 had no aging, ugly graphics and too tiresome gameplay.
    2. Sims 3 had an open world but for a terrible price. Suddenly we could only play one family, the neighborhood was way too small and couldn't be expanded by adding subhoods anymore. Besides that all the other families was only used to create an illusion of life in the neighborhood (which often had empty nightclubs anyway) and the story progression could destroy everything in those other families at random. World Adventures was a good EP though. But after this I soon stopped playing the game.
    3. Sims 4 was an attempt to repair some of the problems in Sims 3. But there no built-in stories and family play is dumped down by simplified babies, omitted toddlers and simplified (too high) teens. The neighborhoods are small so most of the sims are homeless and it has relationships and emotions which are created in no time at all. So it has no depth, is very superficial and is only for people (probably young teens) who only wants to have a liittle fun after using most of their time to create sims and to build houses. It's gameplay is much too superficial for me. So I don't play it anymore.

Almost a year later and your description of TS4 still hits the nail on the head unfortunately :( (excluding toddlers of course)
  • IY20052IY20052 Posts: 324 Member
    Sims 2 and 4 are tied. 2 was so perfect and complete, I miss the chance of death around every corner and the empesiss on families. On the other hand I love Sims 4's cartoon style graphics and I love where the game is going so far.
  • IY20052IY20052 Posts: 324 Member
    I wish they would give us back the Sims From the first two generations, somehow the old personality system actually made my Sims more unique and they were so crazy.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm going to have to go with Sims 3. The open world really makes the game stand out. The graphics are really good in the game. I also like the new interactions between sims such as visiting other households. I feel like 3 has nailed it on the community aspect. Also they nailed it on the moodlet system. 2 really could have used it.
    However sims 2 did have a lot more interactions and objects for the home. I also like how you can interact with certain businesses such as restaurants and spas. Therefore 2 is closely behind 3.
    Sims 4 changed way too much. 2 and 3 had similar interfaces and it was a winning formula. The general game interface is way too minimalist. I think 4 screwed up the build buy mode in terms of interface and general house building. For example they took away foundation-basements and terrain tools. Next time please stick with the 2 and 3 style interface. It is a proven winning formula.