Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Prince & The Pocket-Sized Princess

It seems to be exactly like the last two Events: Romance Island and Day Spa. I don't know if you'd think the Event would be worth doing if you already found the last two annoying, boring, or something. I don't know if Simmers are getting annoyed by having more Community Events as some people didn't like having more Professions added especially if you'd found Police/Police Officer and Movie Studio/Filmmaker to be time consuming.

Also like the last Event, they decide to make the last Giant Daisies (and possibly others) cost SP. Guess they didn't learn their lesson from the Day Spa Event.

The use of SP instead of LP is annoying since SP is harder to get as you can only obtain them from Social Tasks or a Mystery Box with a Premium Prize. At least SimTown Market still allows LP to be used when using Workstations.

Anyway, I wonder what are your thoughts about this Event.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I love this type of events and they have made me much more active again. Without them I would probably soon have stopped playing the game at all because then there wouldn't really be challenges when my population already is the maximal 34 sims.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    I don't really play the game except for the quests and these events. I just like the challenge of completing them. Haven't finished any of the active careers as I find that somewhat boring and time consuming.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I'm not a fan of Freeplay generally, but I do wish that The Sims 4 got events like these.
    But nope, we're stuck with XP boost weekends with Jasmine Holiday. Yawn.
    wJbomAo.png
    I don't really play the game except for the quests and these events. I just like the challenge of completing them. Haven't finished any of the active careers as I find that somewhat boring and time consuming.
    They aren't boring under market events. Those events are time consuming though. But not too difficult - and especially not the current reindeer special event which I just finished with no less than 6 whole days left :)
    Erpe wrote: »
    They aren't boring under market events. Those events are time consuming though. But not too difficult - and especially not the current reindeer special event which I just finished with no less than 6 whole days left :)

I find them boring. :) Just as you find Sims 4 boring and unchallenging. Different strokes for different folks. ;)

I find them boring. :) Just as you find Sims 4 boring and unchallenging. Different strokes for different folks. ;)
    You just find them boring because you don't play them ;)

Sims 4 is boring for me because its focus is on making and dressing sims, building and decorating houses and easy happy gameplay about partying even though such things don't interest me. The gameplay in TS4 for me is only about slowly leveling up in different careers and about building collections. But this is made in a way that isn't very interesting. It is mostly about waiting and finding something else to occupy the sims while waiting.

Therefore I prefer the Sims Freeplay because it gets all those much more interesting events and still allow me to play a few other MMO games at the same time. This gives me much more variation than just watching sims in Sims 4 multitask at their own at boring parties ;)

Sims 4 is boring for me because its focus is on making and dressing sims, building and decorating houses and easy happy gameplay about partying even though such things don't interest me. The gameplay in TS4 for me is only about slowly leveling up in different careers and about building collections. But this is made in a way that isn't very interesting. It is mostly about waiting and finding something else to occupy the sims while waiting.

Therefore I prefer the Sims Freeplay because it gets all those much more interesting events and still allow me to play a few other MMO games at the same time. This gives me much more variation than just watching sims in Sims 4 multitask at their own at boring parties ;)

No, I don't play them because I find them boring. Won't you allow me to determine what I personally find boring? :)

No, I don't play them because I find them boring. Won't you allow me to determine what I personally find boring? :)
    Sure :)
    But I suspect that you just gave up too soon. Fortunately I had the time. So I played them a little longer even though those places developed very slowly in the beginning. This changed my view because after some time those workplaces became interesting anyway :)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited December 2016

The only issue with the Windows and Mac games is many of them are open-ended and have no set goals or objectives although The Sims Stories and The Sims Medieval as well as The Sims 3 World Adventures' and Ambitions' Opportunities do have a form of set goals. Other games like The Sims (console), The Sims Bustin' Out, The Urbz, The Sims 2 (console), The Sims 2 Castaway, all MySims games except Party, and even The Sims FreePlay have a form of a story/goal system.

While The Sims 4 does have Goals in form of Aspirations which are worth doing if you want to unlock the Traits (like not having food spoil), there aren't many goals compared to The Sims 3's Lifetime Wishes or The Sims 2's and The Sims Stories' Lifetime Wants. The lack of addition of extra Aspirations have probably been one of TS4's criticisms since the game will get boring once most Aspirations are completed and Skills are maxed out. The removal of Opportunities make this worse since TS4 no longer includes any Opportunities/quests whatsoever. The Sims 4 may be easy but it's somewhat harder than The Sims 3, Careers build slowly than in The Sims 3, objects break more frequently than in older games, gardens are more harder to maintain since the sprinkler is not included in TS4 (and TS4 also doesn't include rain either), and Bills are more expensive than in older games along with a harsher punishment (loss of electricity and water). Also at the time, TS4 didn't include the Repairman, Gardener, and Nanny NPCs which increased difficulty but was made easier when a patch added them in.

Now for The Sims FreePlay, I do find the Quests and Events to be more fun although one thing I don't like is that the Time Limited prize is permanently missable if you don't beat the quest/hobby under the time limit although they aren't needed. However, Events might re-appear so you can get a second chance to get the prizes although you have no control which Events will re-appear. SimTown Market could depend on the Simmer if one minds or doesn't mind working on Professions.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    edited December 2016

The only issue with the Windows and Mac games is many of them are open-ended and have no set goals or objectives although The Sims Stories and The Sims Medieval as well as The Sims 3 World Adventures' and Ambitions' Opportunities do have a form of set goals. Other games like The Sims (console), The Sims Bustin' Out, The Urbz, The Sims 2 (console), The Sims 2 Castaway, all MySims games except Party, and even The Sims FreePlay have a form of a story/goal system.

While The Sims 4 does have Goals in form of Aspirations which are worth doing if you want to unlock the Traits (like not having food spoil), there aren't many goals compared to The Sims 3's Lifetime Wishes or The Sims 2's and The Sims Stories' Lifetime Wants. The lack of addition of extra Aspirations have probably been one of TS4's criticisms since the game will get boring once most Aspirations are completed and Skills are maxed out. The removal of Opportunities make this worse since TS4 no longer includes any Opportunities/quests whatsoever. The Sims 4 may be easy but it's somewhat harder than The Sims 3, Careers build slowly than in The Sims 3, objects break more frequently than in older games, gardens are more harder to maintain since the sprinkler is not included in TS4 (and TS4 also doesn't include rain either), and Bills are more expensive than in older games along with a harsher punishment (loss of electricity and water). Also at the time, TS4 didn't include the Repairman, Gardener, and Nanny NPCs which increased difficulty but was made easier when a patch added them in.

Now for The Sims FreePlay, I do find the Quests and Events to be more fun although one thing I don't like is that the Time Limited prize is permanently missable if you don't beat the quest/hobby under the time limit although they aren't needed. However, Events might re-appear so you can get a second chance to get the prizes although you have no control which Events will re-appear. SimTown Market could depend on the Simmer if one minds or doesn't mind working on Professions.
    I understand what you are saying. But is not just about goals for me. I also can't compare with games for consoles because I have never owned a console. The reason is that I never have been tempted by the games I have seen for consoles because they have been platform games which I can't play for more than a couple of minutes, fighting games and action games which I don't buy either.

The core of the issue here is that I can choose to watch cartoon movies, stream series or movies or I can play a game. When I choose to play a game it is because just watching series or movies is too passive for me and I become restless. So I need to be more involved and control the story instead. So what I don't like about the Sims 4 is that this game wants to make me passive too and just watch while my sims are partying and multitasking on their own. My sims will now even on their own make new random social relationships and the intention is that I shall just watch and enjoy this. But I can't because it for me is like just watching a very bad cartoon movie and I chose to play the game to be activated and in control instead. Therefore the whole new idea behind the Sims 4 takes the game in directions which I have no interest in at all and I will just be bored if I attempt to "play" it. I can understand it if the developers like to make all this autonomy and to let the sims interact on their own when they are taking a break from their hard work. But for me who needs to be activated and to just play this is very boring.

In the Sims Freeplay such things don't happen much. The only example that annoys me is when my sim insists on letting me watch her cakewalk in the mall before I can continue the game. This I don't like at all. But I usually switch to my sims on the second floor while she is doing it such that i don't have to watch her anyway.

My other games aren't PC games either anymore because I now prefer to play on my iPad. But they are still very different from the Sims games because I am mostly a strategic gamer who likes to build a base and to improve its strength and/or its economy.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    The site isnt letting me post a new thread, but I got notification saying its the sims birthday and a gift was left in front of one of my houses. I checked all of them and dont see anything. Does anyone know what it is? I cant find it!
    The site isnt letting me post a new thread, but I got notification saying its the sims birthday and a gift was left in front of one of my houses. I checked all of them and dont see anything. Does anyone know what it is? I cant find it!
    I found a package near the postbox in one of my houses. So I let one of my sims open it. It said that the game now had 5 years anniversary and that they therefore wanted to give me the parrot in a perch which I had missed earlier. I didn't even remember that. But this parrot is now available in my home stores :)
    Hmm okay. Ill have to look again and see what I find. I don't really want a parrot though! :neutral:
    Hmm okay. Ill have to look again and see what I find. I don't really want a parrot though! :neutral:
    Me neither. But I guess that they couldn't find anything else that I had missed in the previous quests ;)
  • Shadia13Shadia13 Posts: 22 Member
    i got pajamas from a romance quest or something :smile:
    Shadia13 wrote: »
    i got pajamas from a romance quest or something :smile:

Where was your gift at ? I still can't find mine.
    Found it! It was near the mailbox. I got the chef's outfits that I missed out on before. That was fun! My sim loved opening that box! I want more! Haha.