Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New games and Previous saves, all in the same world..

Does it bother anyone else, that in The Sims 3, when you chose the saved game you wanted to play, it didnt affect the other saved games? And you could change the worlds however you wanted according to whatever game save you were playing? I don't like how if I want to start a new game, its saved within the same neighborhood and your other saved games are still going to be playing on autonomy.. Is there a way to change that? I liked it better when the new games weren't involved with your previous saves. I hope they change that..

Comments

• ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    ibaeshaC wrote: »
    You can add a new game by clicking the plus at the top right of the main menu screen.
    newgame-1.png
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • jessicaahart0jessicaahart0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Does that make a completely new game though? Like it won't affect my other game?
    edited October 2014
    Yes it does. Make sure you have your previous game(s) saved with specific identifiable names for yourself. I currently have 3 entirely different games saved.
    How do I do that?
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited October 2014
    Yup, otherwise, you are still in the original saved game. Just playing another sim there. But, checking on the + puts you into a whole new world and a whole new save game. It took me a few tries to figure this out. LOL Just be sure to give this save game a unique name and don't forget to 'save as' often, so you have something to back up to if things go wrong.

Mylita

I name mine according to the character I am playing. So something like 'Debbie Downer 1', then subsequent saves become 'Debbie Downer 2' etc.
    No friends requests, please.
    When you go to save your game, select SAVE AS. Then, you can put whatever you like in the text box.
    Thank youu :)
  • Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't know what you are talking about. I have 3 saved world/games. My first one is exactly where I left it when I went to play the other two and the gameplay settings for it are set like I left them. World 3 for about 3 or so Sim weeks I had everyone else aging while I was playing my Asylum. So the only Landgrab left is the boy. Also have the life span there at normal. It is on long for my starting hood.

edit. What I did was set up 2 names for each hood. I save as one and then the other back and forth while I am playing it. When I decide to change hoods I just load the most recent one of the one I want to play. Seemed simple to me.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    ?? Sparkysim2, the problem was that she didn't start a whole new game. She was actually just adding a new sim to an old game. You obviously avoided that.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    Sorry @Mylita it was so obvious to me to start a new game that I was oblivious to the fact that others wouldn't see it.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Nita_Plays11Nita_Plays11 Posts: 3 New Member
    When I create a new game it is still in the same world as all my other saves...
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member

Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game. Test to see if the new save game is a completely new world.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Thank youu :)

For what it's worth, this is what I do and I have seven different saves. Click the little plus sign as someone suggested. Then, when the new world is up and ready to play, I go to "Save As" first and give it a name and save ( you might forget if you wait). For example, when CL was released, I started a new save called "San Myshuno". I know that is my most current, up-to-date save.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited December 2016

What do you mean @Nita_Plays11 ? In sims 4 you can play in any of the worlds and move or travel between them as you like, just use the world selector in top left corner. However your old sims or buildings you made should not appear when you create a new game. If that's happening then try what rosemow suggested.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    It's an actual feature to make a new saved, but it isn't so obvious as in old games. If you switch households, that is just considered rotational play, not a new game. Surprising they included this feature, isn't it? I think we're lucky to even have something that basic, honestly..
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    It is kinda misleading to put the "new household" button prominently near the middle of the screen, but hide the "new game" function behind that small plus sign in the upper right corner. I fell into that trap, too, before I found that plus sign.