Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Hey there Cath, wow! it is always such a pleasure to visit your thread and be inspired! Love your Christmas build. So festive with the lights, decorations and the snowy texture. Wish we had weather in the game. I miss that a lot! Will be adding to my favourites. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Hugs <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    @justbrice, I would make sure the fake hot tub is the same size as the real ones, so it would be easily replaced. I'm not sure which home I like more... How about if I try them out in game and see which one is a better fit?

I could get the Perfect Patio Stuff Pack. Yeah. You could try them out in the game and see which one is a better fit.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @yanti68, Thank you kindly for your wonderful comments and holiday wishes, Yanti! I really hope we get Seasons for the game someday too... I loved seeing all the different weather :) I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season, my friend. Hugs <3<3

@rosemow, Thank you Rose! :smile:<3

@justbrice, I've been working on different roof styles and trying to decide what looks good. Oddly enough, the middle picture may be the one that looks best. It will be a lot longer than the home in the pic, though.

The floor plan is done and I think it looks pretty much like your picture. I added the study across the hall from the two bedrooms, with baths removed.

Do you have any color preferences for the interior? How would you like the bedrooms set up? Should there be any for kids or did you want double beds in each... more for adults?

I did put a 3x3 (hot tub size) smaller pool above the real pool. I wish we had sunken hot tubs for the game but sadly, there are only two different above ground hot tubs offered.

If you had to go with the middle picture, then that's fine. I'm thinking either brown and green or brown white. I'm not sure which one would look nicer. One can be a kids bedroom. The other can be a guest bedroom. An above ground hot tub is fine. That would have been cool if there was a sunken hot tub like in The Sims 3. You can put it next to the pool.
    Aspen Woods
    3br, 2ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $221,739
    No CC
    Base Game Only

Gallery Link

This is a DNA Request build for @justbrice. Brice had a particular floor plan that he wanted to use for this home but we had to come up with a plan for the shell. Although we talked about three different style homes, I ended up going with something completely different. :p I just couldn't get any of those three roofs to work with the floor plan, no matter how I tried. I finally decided to take an entirely different approach and I was much happier with the outcome.

The home has a pretty open floor plan with a large kitchen, dining and living room open to each other, study, master en suite, guest bedroom, kids bedroom and two full baths. There's a patio that runs along the entire back of the home. It has an outdoor kitchen and living room with fireplace. There's also a pool and "hot tub". Along the side of the home there are some perfect quality fruits and veggies. Out front there's a lovely fishing pond. This build uses Base Game Only.

Some exterior views and patio:

12-15-16_6-31-14nbspPM_zpsfxinvqqu.png

12-15-16_6-40-33nbspPM_zpslc9ugije.png

12-15-16_6-44-27nbspPM_zpsbaobobt1.png

12-15-16_6-51-23nbspPM_zpseojylbda.png

12-15-16_6-52-09nbspPM_zpsmvicd4pd.png

12-15-16_6-43-47nbspPM_zpscfzz9qxd.png

Here's the inspiration picture of the floor plan:

3-spacious-3-bedroom-house-plans-1024x670_zps3rw5joiv.jpeg

Brice wanted to add a study and omit the two baths with the middle bedrooms. I decided to put the study across the hall from those two rooms, once the baths were taken out. Here's what I came up with. I think they're pretty close:

12-16-16_5-20-41nbspPM_zpsjbbflyff.png

12-15-16_6-42-06nbspPM_zpskffsncw9.png

Some interior pictures:

12-15-16_6-45-30nbspPM_zpsab250xhf.png

12-15-16_6-45-58nbspPM_zpshxn8d8vb.png

12-15-16_6-46-56nbspPM_zpsurnsgoqz.png

12-15-16_6-48-02nbspPM_zpsqpr9lji7.png

12-15-16_6-48-34nbspPM_zpsnhntjzwh.png

12-15-16_6-49-27nbspPM_zps0b84p54l.png

12-15-16_6-49-14nbspPM_zpsmdkugz15.png

There are lots more pictures in the slideshow, if you care to take a look.

Hope you like it Brice. :blush:

Goodnight!

12-15-16_6-55-23nbspPM_zpsomvsgkaq.png
    Aspen Woods is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the home ! The roofing looks very nice! The wooden and rock texture of the exterior gives a nice look to the build. It is nice that there is a pond in the build. Sims will enjoy fishing there. The flowers look very pretty on the edges of the home. The sitting area with the flowers and bird bath looks very nice! Sims will enjoy being outdoors in the outside air. The wavy front pathway using the terain paint looks very nice! The fenced back patio outdoors dining and pool area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting in the sunshine at the umbrella covered table eating meals they have cooked on the BBQ. They will enjoy sitting poolside and having a drink from the bar. The cactus garden looks great! Very nice outdoors fireplace sitting nook. Sims will enjoy sitting there chatting and warming up near the fire. The in built smaller pool hot tub looks great!
    Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! It reflects the inspiration layout well! Very nice green and brown colour scheme of the home. The windows dining area is very nice for sims to enjoy sitting at the dining table eating a meal with sunshine coming in. The plants are nice touches of nature either sides of the back door. The tv watching corner nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas there, in front of the fire watching tv and reading books. The book cases look great placed either sides of the tv. The kitchen nook is very nice! The items look nice how they have been placed on the kitchen shelves. The candles are pretty touches in the rooms through the home. Very nice master bedroom! The study desk nook and the armchair reading corner nook look great! Sims will enjoy using the computer and reading a book in these nooks. Very nice design of the bedhead wall. It looks great how the landscape picture has been bordered off there and that the wall texture is different. The books and tissues are homely touches on the bedside tables. The dinosaur themed kids bedroom is great! The dinosaur themed wall patterning and teddy are cute! Nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy using the computer or reading a book. It looks great how the kids bed are placed into the corner. The soccer lamps look great in the room! The dinosaur themed pictures are nice touches in the room. The kids will enjoy doing artwork on the activity table or playing with the dollhouse, The armchairs fireplace sitting,reading and tv watching area in the guest bedroom looks very nice!
    It is great that it is base game only. It is a very nice home for justbrice :)
    @rosemow, Thank you so much for your sweet comments, Rose! :blush:<3
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @WrathofCath , you did a fabulous job converting the apartment floor plan into a beautiful home. Love how you did the exterior areas, as well. And such a great job on using just base game items. Love it!
    @WrathofCath Thank you so much. I love it. I'm glad that you found a style home that fits the floor plan. I like how you were able to make some changes of the floor plan. It looks more roomy. You found a way to fit a study room. You got rid of the bathrooms in the other two bedrooms. I love the different color themes. The brown, white, blue, orange, and gray. I like the backyard, especially the pool and the hot tub. Do I still need the Perfect Patio Stuff Pack? The only reason why I'm asking is because it says Base Game only.
    @Sandraelle, Thank you so much for the very lovely comments! :blush:

@justbrice, I'm thrilled that you're happy with the home! There's no need to get Perfect Patio for this build. The "hot tub" is just a small size pool. It is the dimensions of an actual hot tub, should you decide somewhere down the line to get the pack. For now, the only content used, is Base game. Hope you have fun with your new home. :blush:

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Aspen Woods is a super fabulous basegame build with many wonderful features. Absolutely love the pool and outdoor areas and the childrens room is so beautifully designed :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @masajo, Thank you so much! Your comments are always so gracious and kind. Can't tell you how much they are appreciated. :blush:
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited December 2016
    Aspen Woods is a very beautiful home! I love most of all the open kitchen and the outdoors area.
    <3
    I forgot Blue Chrismas! It´s absolutly beautiful and magical! I love it!
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Aspen Wood is just beautiful! I love your interpretation of the original floor plan. I've done this myself many time and it hardly ever turns out like the floor plan lol! As always your interiors look like perfection! Happy Holidays to you and your family! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited December 2016
    Merry Christmas, dear Cath! Hope you're having a wonderful Holiday! :smiley:
    I'm so sorry for not visiting your thread for so long, but I'm now taking a break from TS4 building for the rest of this year so I can now visit your showcase thread. :) You have wonderful additions here, but I'm going to comment on the latest one instead so it won't be tiring. :)

Aspen Woods is a charming DNA build! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very cozy, rustic, and modern! I really love the mixing of different wall patterns. The roofing looks wonderful too! Your landscaping is so pretty! Beautiful gardens! I also adore the patio with a warm fireplace. I also like how it has a fishing pond at the front too! And your interior, really fabulous! It reflects from the floor plan very well! Excellent MOO work, as always! And the last, It's so wonderful that you only used base game items too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

EDIT: Congratulations on your Days of Christmas Past being faved by Maxis too! :smiley:
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Hi Ms Cath...Merry Christmas♥

Congrats on Maxis Fav. I am so far behind on my comments. I have been Fav'ing your wonderful creations on the Gallery but no time for commenting.

All your builds are breathtaking. You always do amazing request builds, Aspen Woods, is perfect....I love the layout and the fact that it is one story. I enjoy not having to go up or down stairs..hehe.

Hope your Holidays are merry and bright. Enjoy every minute.

Toodles
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    @AIRIS6962, Thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)

@lisa17ann, So nice to see you Lisa! Thank you for the lovely comments. :blush:

@BreeMiles, Thank you for your wonderful comments, Bree! :blush:

@RyeCris16, No worries Rye! It's always lovely to see you stop by when you have time. :smile: RL can get pretty crazy... especially at this time of year. :p Thank you for the very kind comments, Rye! Always very much appreciated. :relaxed:

@rosemow, Thank you so much, Rose! It was an unexpected but Lovely surprise. :blush:

@Cassee, SO very nice to see you, Cass! Thank you for your awesome comments. :blush: I got a chuckle out of the avoiding stairs comment. :p I hope you enjoy your holidays too! Maybe you'll have more free time when they're over, for some serious and important simming. :D

Thank you so much for stopping by my friends and I'm wishing each of you and your loved ones a most Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! <3
    I usually don't put my smaller builds in my thread but I have four little cottages that I wanted to share. Three are decorated for Christmas and one is just something I had been playing around with, just before the holidays. I'll start with the one that isn't for Christmas, first. It's a little old barn converted into a small family home, with two bedrooms.

Reclaimed Barn
    2br, 1ba.
    Lot Size: 20x15
    Cost: $55,229
    No CC

Gallery Link

Slideshow

12-18-16_10-02-39nbspAM_zps3uchtlcw.png
    12-18-16_10-02-50nbspAM_zpsy8wcu6go.png
    12-18-16_10-05-59nbspAM_zps0qgwzzdl.png

Next is a little vintage cottage with just one bedroom and one bath.

Days of Christmas Past
    1br, 1ba.
    Cost: $64,483
    No CC

Gallery Link
    Slideshow

12-23-16_10-38-02nbspAM_zpstrrjh5cs.png
    12-23-16_10-38-34nbspAM_zpsohjf120k.png
    12-23-16_10-40-49nbspAM_zps80bwcpiy.png

This next cottage was made for a very sweet sim friend who was absent for a Long time, due to an accident. She was missed very much by a Lot of people, during her absence. Her name is @sunshineoo7458 aka Angela and we're all so happy, to have her back. :blush:<3

Woodland Cottage
    2br, 2ba.
    Cost: $99,924
    No CC

Gallery Link
    Slideshow

12-23-16_11-09-54nbspAM_zps47uxmnw5.png
    12-23-16_11-10-59nbspAM_zpsfvnop1yc.png
    12-23-16_11-12-59nbspAM_zpsimzxmkn2.png
    12-23-16_11-13-19nbspAM_zps9aymk37n.png

Fourth and Final, is my most recent Christmas cottage. It's a three bedroom home all decorated for Christmas and ready for a family. The main floor has an open kitchen, dining and living area. There's also the master bedroom and a full bath. The basement has two kids rooms, family room, play room, gym and a full bath.

A Country Christmas
    3br, 2ba.
    Cost: $140,482
    No CC

Gallery Link
    Slideshow

12-23-16_8-41-23nbspAM_zpsnql0a3rv.png
    12-23-16_8-42-02nbspAM_zpsfml4bh7c.png
    12-23-16_8-43-01nbspAM_zpstrdeznmb.png
    12-23-16_8-43-12nbspAM_zpsspndxy3d.png

Thank you for stopping in for a look :blush:

Merry Christmas!
    @rosemow, Thank you Rose! I was posting when you sent your Lovely message. I hope you and your family have a Wonderful Christmas! :)<3
    Reclaimed Barn is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of it as a barn that has now been turned into a home looks very nice! Very nice roofing! The barn door looks great! The greenery is a nice touch on the exterior of the home. Nice gardening corner nook for sims to enjoy growing harvestable plants. The flowers along the edge of the front pathway look pretty! The planter box windows are a nice touch. Very nice corner pond/pool ! The plants look nice on the edges of the water. The furniishing of the interior of the home looks nice and homely. Very nice kitchen nook! The wall texture here and throughout the home gives a great look and feel to the areas.The eggs basket , pig chef, utensils and wall clock are great kichen touches there. The floral kitchen curtains look pretty. Very nice open plan layout of the living , kirdhem study and dining area. The fireplace will keep the sims warm whilst dining at the table. The rose is a pretty touch on the table top. The roosters on the fireplace ledge and the roosters wall picture look great and suit the barn theme well! Very nice tv corner nook! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa there watching tv, listening to radio music through the gramophone or reading a book. The corner wall shelves with the candles, plant, and booksitems on them looks great! The grand father clock is a nice home touch. Very nice master bedroom ! The brown texture of the furnishings gives a nice look. Sins will enjky waking up to sunshine coming in through the bedhead window. The plants are nice nature touches in the corners of the room. This rooster, plant and books are nice touches there,. The yellow flowers picture looks sunny. Very nice windows study corner nook! Sims will enjoy the sunlight through the windw, whilst using the computer or reading. The bookshelves look nice placed on thr sides of the windows. The kids room is great! Very nice colour scheme of the furnishing and wall. Sims will enjoy doing artwork on the activity table. The teddy is cute in the room! Very nice outdoors BBQ and dining area. Sims will cooking meals on the BBQ and eating them in the outdoors air at the umbrella covered table .. They will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine,
    The home is very nice! :)

Each of the Christmas Cottages are such very pretty homes! :) They look so very homely and warm! Very nice roofing on the homes ! The exterior wall texture and the snowy roofing looks nice. The wreaths and garlands are nice festive touches on the exteriord. The lit white tree looks pretty in the front gardens. Very nice layout and festive furnishing of the interiors of the homes! The red and green colour scheme of Days of Christmas Past and A Country Christmas looks very festively nice! I won't post about each of the Christmas cottages but have enjoyed looking at the pictures of them.
    All the homes are so very nice! :)