March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I WASTED $40 ON CITY LIVING

I bought city living, origin says I own it, and its installed, but its not there! (It even gives me to option to play it, but when I hit play nothing happens!)

San Mychuno isnt there, the clothes, hair, nothing!!!

Is there anything I can do?

I already tried repairing.

Is there a way I can install/reinstall?

I guess if I really have to I will rebuy it.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello
    I am sorry you are having this issue. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the sims 4 game and the packs that you own. By doing this, City Living EP may then reinstall at the same time. If you decide to do that, make a back up copy of your Documents-electronic arts -sims 4 folder beforehand and place it on an external drive.

You don't need to buy the Sims4 game or packs again. When you register them in origin, they are linked to your origjn account and once you have logged into origin using that same account, you can download and install them on any computer that you own. The games are linked to your account, not the computer.
  • MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I am sorry you are having this issue. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the sims 4 game and the packs that you own. By doing this, City Living EP may then reinstall at the same time. If you decide to do that, make a back up copy of your Documents-electronic arts -sims 4 folder beforehand and place it on an external drive.

You don't need to buy the Sims4 game or packs again. When you register them in origin, they are linked to your origjn account and once you have logged into origin using that same account, you can download and install them on any computer that you own. The games are linked to your account, not the computer.

How do I reinstall something bought on origin?

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Okay before uninstalling, make sure you're online on Origin and then open your game cuz sometimes if you go offline right after installing a new pack, it won't register it.

If that doesn't work, then you have to uninstall the whole game from Programs and Features on Windows, like how you would for any other software.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hello
    You can uninstall the game by pressing the settings button (that looks like a cog wheel) that is beside the sims 4 play button. There will be an option to uninstall the game.
    After it has uninstalled, the play button will have been replaced by a download/install button. Press that button and your game and packs will reinstall.
    If you have logged out of origin after uninstalling the game, you need to log back in using the same origin account that you used when first registering the game.