Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    lol, you can do whatever you wish cause you're @ZeeGee. It's funny, when I first started sending gifts, I would write in the note that a thank you wasn't necessary to just enjoy the gift. Oh boy, did ever somehow cause people to go way out of their way to shout thank you as loud as possible. lol. It's strange how people insist on having good manners. Now I just say Happy Day because it takes an extra click if I don't write anything.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    scillakees wrote: »
    lol, you can do whatever you wish cause you're @ZeeGee.
    :smiley::kiss:

@JovialJoy You're welcome :wink:

I personally prefer a thank you so that I know the gift was received, especially for big items, because the store's been wonky lately. If the item isn't received I go to EA chat to get my simpoints back. Having said that, you did thank me once and I didn't get the notification so no system is perfect.
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited December 2016
    I enjoyed the funny messages gifters would leave! Sometimes I still enjoy the responses I get back from my messages if I have thought of good ones! I usually would shout out what I was gifted with a little update on how much I had left to get whatever set I was working on in case the gifter was interested but I never got upset if I didn't receive a response I just figured the gifter was busy gifting others or shy or not quite sure how to respond to my thanks! As for getting thank yous I like to hear if you're happy it makes me smile to know I made someone else smile I don't need specifics but if the thanker puts them in it doesn't bother me and if I don't get a thank you I don't get upset eather I know sometimes if you get more than so many gifts the message don't show up and with the site problems you can't always go to your history to get who all gifted you or there might be some other reason. There were a couple of times when the site acted a little weird when I gifted those times I gave a little shout out to who ever I was gifting to let me know that they got their gifts those were the only times I required a response to a gift and they got them ok so all was good!

The only problem I really have is I was gifted so much and I really want to pay it forward but the adds have been so little that I can't give as much as I really would like if that is the only problem I have I guess I'm doing pretty great!
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    When people gift me something that's really thoughtful because ... I don't know, they've actually been listening to me blab about this or that ... I especially feel touched and then I find myself making more direct implications about what they gifted me. But I'm just as thrilled when someone I don't even know randomly gifts me. Then I'm like--you don't even know me, and here you are giving me a gift! I guess there are just different types of appreciation.

As a gifter, I guess I'm pretty indifferent to getting a thank you. Not that I don't appreciate it if they do. I just realize there is a myriad of reasons why they might not, so it isn't something I take personally. However, once I get to the point that I'm able to gift sets, venues, and worlds (instead of the individual items I currently gift), I'd probably feel like you @ZeeGee, and want to know that for all of the SPs I spent that they actually received the gift. And similar to many of you, I find myself less tempted to gift people when their Wishlist is a mess. Except for people who are clearly new and still learning the ropes.

@AuzzPanda, I get ads, but I get so few of them that it's hard for me to gift people. And I've done the same thing that @Tamaek has done--gifting others to the point that I can't pick up a DD--thinking surely I'll be able to pick up another 20 SPs to cover my own stuff and the ads never come. And boy, are they really drying up again.

AuzzPanda wrote: »
    To be clear, it SHOULD be on the bottom left whilst on the ''store'' page?

Is this what you mean by bottom left?
    ZV27mC.jpg
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    Thank you so much, @charlotteprice! My CYS for the Make A Wish Compilation is getting lower and lower. I can't believe how much it's slowly been whittled down over the past month and a half.

My Top Five has been updated.

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @charlotteprice for items in Futureshock Living set. I now own 16% of the set <3

My Top Five has been updated.
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    updated thanks to @charlotteprice :awesome:
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @JovialJoy
    Oh yikes, that's so sacrificed of you. Now I've got no excuse! Hahaha
    Yeah that is what I meant. They never show up. It's just empty there!

@charlotteprice
    WOW dear hyberdasheries thank you so much! I am just. Speechless. Thank you :)

23rif7.gif
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    I think you should always say thank you whenever you are gifted even if it's not necessary! It may help brighten up someone's day. It feels good to know you did something good and that it was appreciated.

Thank you @charlotteprice for gifting me my Top5! I'll be able to buy Futureshock Bedroom.

I've updated my Top5.

edited December 2016
    Thank you, @AuzzPanda! <3<3<3

I updated my Top Five.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @JovialJoy @taratownie @melissalungu @Auzzpanda @Astreia You are all very welcome for the gifts ;) WOOT, got the old smileys back!

I started farming at 10pm last night and went clear thru this morning (about 7am). I noticed it takes the ads longer to load. Its almost as if they are not there! I wait about a minute, if ad didn't load, I refresh the page, wait another minute, if not loaded I go to another page. If no ads, I go to My Page and then back to store or daily deal page and then I usually find the ad. Seems it needs triggered? LOL. Seems once I started one, then there was no problem :p I have been farming quite a bit especially from Weds. on because I have been off work. I haven't went on the store site yet (just waking up) so I hope I didn't jinx myself :D:D
    edited December 2016
    Thank you again, @Me1620, for all your help with Live, Laugh, Love. I picked it up yesterday and thought of you as I did it! <3

And thank you, @JoeJude16! Yeah, my Wishlist was short. I thought I'd updated it, but I guess I forgot to before I had to leave the house this evening. I really did update it this time. :p
    Post edited by JovialJoy on

Hi all, hope you have a nice sunday!
    23rif7.gif
    edited December 2016
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    Hi all, hope you have a nice sunday!

Hi, @AuzzPanda I'm fully enjoying my weekend off. Not much snow here but chilly anyways. I hope you're having a nice warm summer day and enjoying yourself too. B)

Thanks for lowering my CYS for Futureshock Living @JoeJude16 , I now can afford to buy it on DD. <3

Top 5 updated!
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Hello everyone. Not sure if anyone remembers me, as it's been aaaaages. Not only have I been very busy, I have also not been able to gain points for a long time. No matter what I tried, the Store just refused to show me any ads. It was incredibly frustrating, and it also made me feel bad, because, now that I own the store, I just really want to help others get there as well, especially because I would have never gotten this far without all the help I've gotten!

Luckily, though, I was able to gain 300 points today! And the ads are still going, so I might end up with much more. I'm about to go through some wishlists, and hopefully I'll be able to surprise some people... :blush:
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited December 2016
    Okay to start with (however other people feel I feel the need to take the time to thank people who took the time to gift me) Thank You very much to @AuzzPanda, @charlotteprice, @JoeJude16, and thanks for trying @ZeeGee (more than once) but it still didn't go through. I really appreciate it and it really helps cut that list down quite a bit. You guys are really amazing!

Welcome back @MariTomKaulitZ, I feel your pain about the ads :s but hopefully your luck has turned around and some folks will be finding some nice holiday surprises! :)

And I really hope you start getting ads soon @AuzzPanda. That is horrible and frustrating when that happens and it can go on forever sometimes.

Hopefully I'll get to return your generosity tonight or in the morning, I need to go put our Christmas tree up. My little boy is getting antsy that we don't have one up yet but I needed my husband to dig it out of the shed. Even in the winter there are spiders out there... :fearful: Creeping, crawling, icky spiders... *shivers* Anyway Happy Holidays and Thanks again.
    Post edited by Tamaek on
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,863 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi guys!

Oh my gosh has it been ages since I was last here! Hope everybody is well and please fill me in on everything that has happened in the recent months! I just broke up for the Christmas holidays and so have all my time for Sims (in between revision sessions) so I'm making a brief comeback to the forums :p As an early gift I received Dragon Valley Gold Edition from my parents and so have finally updated my top 5 to help me make the most of it!

Hi to anybody who doesn't know me and sending Christmassy love to everybody <3

Lizzie
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    :smile: Hi, everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I took a bit of a break from the Sims, but I missed you all and so I thought I would pop in and try to catch up and see how everyone has been. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it). Getting ready for Christmas, my house looks quite festive with the tree all lit up, although my pets think it's a bit strange to have a tree in the middle of the living room. :lol: I have been getting quite a few ads recently, hope those who I sent gifts to received them! I feel a bit out of the loop, but hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things quickly.
    Welcome back @lizzielilyyyy and @MariTomKaulitZ! And thank you so much for the gift! Thank you, @angeljess26. The two of you helped lower my CYS for Futureshock Living! <3

I've updated my Top Five.

edited December 2016
    Thank you very much @JovialJoy and @Tamaek! I hope so too - just in time for Christmas! :tongue:

And you're very welcome @JovialJoy. I hope you'll own the set soon!

Welcome back @HSmith2016! Hope you're doing well. Christmas trees really cheer up the house, don't they? We still have to decorate ours, and we only have lights in it so far, but I'm loving it already :) And same here with our pets. They're like "What is this thing?" :lol:
    Welcome back @MariTomKaulitZ, @lizzielilyyyy, @HSmith2016 :) Huge thanks to @MariTomKaulitZ for lowering my CYS for March 2013 compilation.

Top 5 updated again. You guys are awesome! <3
    Thank you @taratownie & you're very welcome! I hope you'll be able to complete the set soon :)
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Thank you for all the lovely gifts, @JoeJude16 :blush:
    Top five

(Oh, good, regular emojis are back!)

sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    @taratownie
    Ah thank the lord for weekends off. Hah but I do secretly wish I could trade the weather you're having. It never snows here and it's always hot. And sunny. GARH. I want a snowy American Christmas haha.
    Does your weekend expand past Sunday? Hopefully
    23rif7.gif
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited December 2016
    Just popping in to give a big thanks to @charlotteprice for my two gifted items! : D
    I come on the forum every day to quickly read through most of the posts but I never have time to get involved. :( Been very busy with out flat lately and getting things back on track. Tonight finally coming around to get some simpoints farming done and maybe continue working on my best Sims 3 house yet! :):):)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna