Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World adventures EP $40.00?!

Comments

• onyx0xonyx0x Posts: 31 New Member
    edited November 2009
    we're paying ten extra dollars for the ten "free" in store dollars. that's my take. yes i could afford it but then you add up all the money wasted on sims 1 and sims 2 games and it entices, me at least, to wait until the price decreases which it will as we've seen in the past. i DO want this ep, but not for that price, i will check in for deals or wait until xmas.
  • JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    edited November 2009
    Yes, it does, and from your comments it makes you something even worse.

No, it means $10 don't mean diddly to us for a game with the Sims shelf life and entertainment bang for the buck (ie you take the family out to the movies & restaurant and spend around $100 for 1 evening as opposed to buying something for $40 and it lasts for years).
    edited November 2009
    Renyc7 wrote:
    I'm also not interested in download other people creation because I believe you will find more junk than quality stuff.

You're not looking in the right places. Check out Nu Central Park at MTS:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356663

In my games, it always replaces EA's Central Park in SV.
    edited November 2009
    But you DO get to see them fighting each other. :D And there are tournaments-- I think to get your black belt you have to win in the tournament, but I may be mistaken. ^_^

There was some other article that mentioned hosting tournaments, which confused me. I'll need to go back and double check it, but I wonder if we'll be able to arrange our own tournaments or something. :D That would be fun.

I read an article where it's like the chess tournament. You call someone on the phone to get them over to the house so you can whoop their butt. :lol:
  • SuperGreySimSuperGreySim Posts: 331 New Member
    edited November 2009
    The prices can be different from place to place.
  • Jw62901Jw62901 Posts: 389 Member
    edited November 2009
    I traded in two games and mine ended up costing $2.80.
  • WindWineKiwi8WindWineKiwi8 Posts: 1,296 New Member
    edited November 2009
    And MartyMcFly never returns....
  • palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited November 2009
    And MartyMcFly never returns....

Haha, neither did the original poster of the thread. Guess she got her "calmed down" moodlet from venting and carried on.

Personally, my thoughts on the price are more along the lines of "that's what it costs." I'll probably wait - or at least try to wait 8) - before purchasing, but that's mostly because I like the bugs to be fixed so I don't have to wait for the patch to be released.

My philosophy - if you think it's too expensive, then don't buy it.
  • Jw62901Jw62901 Posts: 389 Member
    edited November 2009
    The way I get around paying $40 is I trade in games for our WII or PS3 that we dont use anymore. This time the game only cost $2.80 after trade in.
    edited November 2009
    palesunflower - :lol:

Totally agree!

• SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited November 2009
    Opmystik wrote:
    I have to say this and it's gonna come out rude but there are 50 million threads like this I know you wanna blow off steam but did you think you are that special that you couldn't post in another thread talking about price? Sorry that it came out rude I'm not tactful at this hour of the morning but I have to be up to get my son on the school bus.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying not to complain. I understand where your coming from kinda. I guess the ep price doesn't bother me that much because of how my husband and I spread our money and how much is coming in the game. You've known about this ep since August. Between August and November if you can't save 5 dollars here or there don't worry about the ep until it's on sale. If you don't wanna pay $40 wait until it's on sale or get it used from a game store. If you can't wait and wanna get it on day one then your rant makes no sense. Well not really no sense but negates itself out. If your still gonna come up with the money there's no need to grumble. Obviously you think enough of it to buy it on day 1.

I say do some research look at the simposium stuff, tsr has videos of some of the cas and build/buy mode stuff, gamespot and ign reviews and check out simoperations. They have tons of that show off the ep and it's like a ep and stuff pack put together. Ep's for TS2 were $30 on release and stuff packs were $20. Technically we're saying $10 cause instead of charging $50 were being charged $40. I say that because of all the content stuff pack wise we are getting. Over 100 build/buy things and another 100 in CAS. Stuff packs came with what anything from 40-100 things? One I think had about 120. Mind you those came with recolours and that's why it looked like so much but with TS3 we do our own recolours so what you see is 1 item in TS3, not 1 item 5 times like in TS2.

I guess my point is if you don't wanna get the money together to get it on day 1 don't. You don't like the price send a message and have your friends do the same by waiting until it goes on sale. If you need the new shiny right away then don't bother to rant cause you negate your own rant by getting it right away.

Its about getting your voice heard why dig up a age over post when people that have these feelings can make a new post the more posts the more rants over the price the more chance you have of the sims team seeing the issues the players are having over or making over their game, I never once read in the code of conduct you can't make 2 or more posts on the same topic.

Things are bad right now & times are hard people just don't need anymore stress on them then possible, when you value the dollar you work hard to earn you will have a harshness towards those that carelessly throw out money they don't really have & lets face it not a lot of people coming on this forum whom are rich! half don't even have jobs so those wouldn't fully understand the value of a hard earned dollar & most wouldn't see how pricey this game has gotten in the past 5 years. Fact is if you accept paying anything then soon they will charge anything, and I heard someone say you chose to buy it or either you don't well if you don't chose to buy it the company runs into debt and the game fails it people like us that set the price the creator/seller has to meet the buyers demand if they want to make a profit and we're the buyers here.

I mean come on look at how much money you are going to throw out on this game in the next 3 years between the store & the expansion packs, I don't mind paying $40 for a game I like but the sims is the type of game that has many many many expansion packs etc. & they give nothing back to the people that put them on top. lol

Not to be rude myself but sheep accept, follow, mind & take what they're given without question. I don't like that way of thinking & I don't like it when certain people try to take advantage of those who helped them get to where they are without us there wouldn't be a sims 3.
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited November 2009
    We made them rich with the sims 1, we made them richer with the sims 2 now they're on top what do that do? They get even more greedy... not that anyone really thinks about that or really cares.
  • GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited November 2009
    SuRihtanil wrote:

Its about getting your voice heard why dig up a age over post when people that have these feelings can make a new post the more posts the more rants over the price the more chance you have of the sims team seeing the issues the players are having over or making over their game, I never once read in the code of conduct you can't make 2 or more posts on the same topic.
    Well, it's just like real life-- there aren't laws for everything, because we assume people have common sense and courtesy. :D It's only polite not to spam the forum with thread after thread repeating the same thing. Don't worry, I say this both to people who are exciting about the game and people who don't like it. It's just the polite thing to do. :)
    Things are bad right now & times are hard people just don't need anymore stress on them then possible, when you value the dollar you work hard to earn you will have a harshness towards those that carelessly throw out money they don't really have & lets face it not a lot of people coming on this forum whom are rich! half don't even have jobs so those wouldn't fully understand the value of a hard earned dollar & most wouldn't see how pricey this game has gotten in the past 5 years. Fact is if you accept paying anything then soon they will charge anything, and I heard someone say you chose to buy it or either you don't well if you don't chose to buy it the company runs into debt and the game fails it people like us that set the price the creator/seller has to meet the buyers demand if they want to make a profit and we're the buyers here.
    We don't carelessly throw out money-- have you even heard any of my posts? I save up money, invest money, and calculate my budget to make sure that I'm not wasteful. :) It hasn't gotten too pricey-- it goes up a steady pattern. First was $20, then $30, now $40. Most of this is attributed to new technology and the massive amount of coding that has to go into this, but I suppose some of it could have to do with the economy.
    I mean come on look at how much money you are going to throw out on this game in the next 3 years between the store & the expansion packs, I don't mind paying $40 for a game I like but the sims is the type of game that has many many many expansion packs etc. & they give nothing back to the people that put them on top. lol
    That can be said about ANYTHING, dear. :) That is why it is best to either save up, or take things as they come. There's a reason banks offer loans-- it's easier to pay bit by bit rather than think of the huge cost altogether.
    Not to be rude myself but sheep accept, follow, mind & take what they're given without question. I don't like that way of thinking & I don't like it when certain people try to take advantage of those who helped them get to where they are without us there wouldn't be a sims 3.

They aren't taking advantage of anyone. :D Most of us aren't dumb animals doing things by instinct-- we DO have brains. :D As you'll see in some of my other posts, I try to emphasize using logical choices and common sense, rather than blind guesses and assumptions. :)
    edited November 2009
    But...

Becuase of the threat that Jarsie9 is going to say that I am 'ranting' I am going to try to say this as simply as possible....

I am afraid we can do nothing about them potentially taking advantage of us. If you believe that they are taking advantage of us.... then email them or don't buy the game.... But I am afraid that many companies take advantage of us. Every company does - it is part of capitalism. Now as much as I would like to see the EP cheaper there is no way which I imagine I could do anything. I really doubt that I would be able to persuade people not to buy the game, or that emailing EA would do anything. It is simply down to whether people think this game is good enough to be worth £25/$40. I think it is worth it so I am going to buy it.

Please, by all means do what you feel is right, but to be blunt here - Complaining about EA is like complaining about Capitalism - as I have repeated many times now. EA are out to make money but nevertheless, they have made a good game despite this price rise. :)

• BeccareeBeccaree Posts: 436 Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm getting mine free via amazon gift cards I got for doing surveys on line so I don't care how much it costs. :)
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited November 2009
    I don't mind the $40 it's my form of entertainment.Cheaper than going to the movies.Then again I see nothing wrong with spending $20 on a book I may never read again.
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    edited November 2009
    SuRihtanil wrote:
    and its no joke that this EP isn't going to add anymore gameplay to the sims 3 then those sim 2 EP added to the sims 2.

Actually, it WILL add more. :D Did you know that fansites were given TWICE as much time to review this EP as they were for sims 2 EPs? Even so, they hardly scratched the surface of these skills and adventures, and there is still a lot left to be discovered! :D Statistically speaking, this is ("by far", as TheSimResource worded it) the largest EP ever to be released in the sims Franchise. :D It is really quite huge. The thing I love the most about it is the fact that these monuments are ENORMOUS! The pyramids are so large they make your sim look like some tiny speck next to them; The sphinx towers above your character, etc. :D

I wouldn't trust The Sims Resource on anything,even if they told me that snow is white, and grass is green,and sky is blue.

They are no doubt in EA's back pocket anyway, and will always say everything they do is wonderful.

But from what I have seen I don't see that its that special.

For that price it better have much more then just new places to go, like allot of items, objects and clothes and hair too.

And I don't mean just a few little things having to do with making juice ether.

I had noticed even with the Sims 2 EP's they started putting very little stuff in them.

All so they could put them in the SP's instead.

And sense they are not doing SP's anymore for TS3( lets face it their not) their going to put most of it in the store instead.

So they are just going to put enough in the game to make it look like they tried but not enough to make it worth $40 bucks.

But they know most people will fall for all the hype, just like we did for the game, which is why you can count on them doing this every time now.

And believe me they are making truck loads of money from the game and the Store.

EA may have let people go, but that was probably more because of greed then anything else.

I sure don't feel sorry for them.

Oh and back to TSR, I heard from another site that, people have found adware or what ever on their computers from that site. :evil:

Stuff that sneaks in without you knowing it, its in your Registry, and it causes you to be sent to other sites, sites you don't want to go. :twisted:

And is hard to keep from going to it once its in there. :x

And you have to clean your registry out to get rid of it.

Just thought I would put that out there as a warning to everyone here, just be careful on that site. :wink:
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    edited November 2009
    SuRihtanil wrote:
    Opmystik wrote:
    I have to say this and it's gonna come out rude but there are 50 million threads like this I know you wanna blow off steam but did you think you are that special that you couldn't post in another thread talking about price? Sorry that it came out rude I'm not tactful at this hour of the morning but I have to be up to get my son on the school bus.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying not to complain. I understand where your coming from kinda. I guess the ep price doesn't bother me that much because of how my husband and I spread our money and how much is coming in the game. You've known about this ep since August. Between August and November if you can't save 5 dollars here or there don't worry about the ep until it's on sale. If you don't wanna pay $40 wait until it's on sale or get it used from a game store. If you can't wait and wanna get it on day one then your rant makes no sense. Well not really no sense but negates itself out. If your still gonna come up with the money there's no need to grumble. Obviously you think enough of it to buy it on day 1.

I say do some research look at the simposium stuff, tsr has videos of some of the cas and build/buy mode stuff, gamespot and ign reviews and check out simoperations. They have tons of that show off the ep and it's like a ep and stuff pack put together. Ep's for TS2 were $30 on release and stuff packs were $20. Technically we're saying $10 cause instead of charging $50 were being charged $40. I say that because of all the content stuff pack wise we are getting. Over 100 build/buy things and another 100 in CAS. Stuff packs came with what anything from 40-100 things? One I think had about 120. Mind you those came with recolours and that's why it looked like so much but with TS3 we do our own recolours so what you see is 1 item in TS3, not 1 item 5 times like in TS2.

I guess my point is if you don't wanna get the money together to get it on day 1 don't. You don't like the price send a message and have your friends do the same by waiting until it goes on sale. If you need the new shiny right away then don't bother to rant cause you negate your own rant by getting it right away.

Well said ! :wink: 8)
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
    edited November 2009
    Wow.... your pretty bitter about something....

From what I have heard, at least three separate sites said that there was a lot of stuff.... Just becuase you don't trust The Sims Resource doesn't mean that their information is wrong.

Yes, their is a lot of stuff to do - if YOU want there to be. If you take the attitude like: But from what I have seen I don't see that its that special
    then no, it is not going to be interesting. Don't buy it if you don't want it, as so many people have already spent their time pointing out.

Please, by all means send EA a complaint but don't bother complaining about it here.... They aren't really going to listen to you! It would be a lot more constructive if you DID send them an email! :-)

*sigh* I have to repeat myself AGAIN.... Complaining about EA is like complaining about CAPITALISM. EA is out to make money - face it. This game is either worth it for you or it is not. It is worth it to me so I am going to get it! :P

Be grateful that you are getting an EP at all. Nobody appreaciates that EA could have made a TERRIBLE EP and would have gotten away with it. They have made a GREAT EP - so where is the appreaciation for this feat?! :?
    edited November 2009
    Let me guess.... you have only being skimming through this thread and found comments that happen to agree with your opinion... and not bothered to read their replies.... :roll:
  • pchyskye2000pchyskye2000 Posts: 64 Member
    edited November 2009
    WoW, what a response, why does it seem like most are disagreeing with this person who started this thread... they're just voicing their opinion. I've already posted my opinion on this matter in another similar thread.

However, all in all I think there are those who are taken aback on the price at hand. Some are able to afford while others are not, that's just the way it is. I mean look at all the new console game systems that are out atm, those games are ridiculously high but still they would have to be since the new systems are equipped with such high graphics and gameplay. The sims 3 is similar I figure, I mean if you compare the graphics and gameplay to the sims 2 while all in all I can't say that I don't miss the seasons and the other ep's that came out thru the sims 2, still the sims 3 is early in the game right now; and I presume in the future the games will only become higher priced. Who knows how the economy will be by then, to tell you the truth we're not at a good place right now, there are alot of us who's out of work and are looking.

It's a good thread, more power to you! :D:D:D
  • OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited November 2009
    SuRihtanil wrote:

Yup because the sims team is going to go through every single thread that has the same people complaining in every single one and count them as more then 1 person. Because the sims team gets paid to sit on the forums all day long and read through all the posts. Because the sims team sets the price not the managers. There's nothing wrong with posting another thread over and over just don't be surprised that with each thread it pushes the others back that have alot of people who are complaining about it further and further into the archive and makes it no longer seeable unless they dig. IE one thread could have over 100 different people who posted in it but because every new person keeps posting a new one the majority thread no longer gets looked at cause it's on page 50. I'm all for getting your voice heard what I'm not for is half the people who want their voices heard are going to go buy it at the price that they complain about but want their voices heard. Money talks more then voices. If you go out and buy the game your money NEGATES your voice. Plus the fact if you just checked on PAGE 2 there would've been a thread talking about the EXACT SAME THING?! Every day there's a new thread about price. Every single time someone DISCOVERS it there's a thread. What makes your voice more important then theirs?

My main point remains if things are so bad and tough for you don't worry about the ep worry about your bills and feeding yourself. the ep is a luxury not a necessity. And just because I have the money not just because I work but because I KNOW how to MANAGE my money doesn't mean I'm throwing it away just because I'm buying the ep. And just people I have in doesn't make me a sheep. It's my own dog gone money and I can spend it how I CHOOSE to. Taking my kids to the Strong National Museum of Play costs 10 for each adult, 5 for kids every single time we go. That's 20 bucks for 3 hours maybe 4 depending on how early I go and what day it is cause they close earlier on some days then others. I got tired of paying that price every time for maybe 4 hours so I got a membership. $90 for a whole year. I used to go every 2 weeks which meant $40 bucks(if my husband didn't come) a month for MAYBE 8hrs. Now I go every week usually on Friday cause my preschooler doesn't have school on Fridays and I made it that that is my permanent day off.

I don't buy ANYTHING from the store. If it can't be bought with the simpoints I don't get it. I don't agree with the prices so I don't buy it. I talk with my MONEY in that sense. I don't need everything they come out with. In fact with TS2 I didn't bother with stuff packs my brother in law gave me his stuff packs that's how I ended up with those things. I'm more so interested in eps.

Now if you don't like when people take advantage of people who put them on top then you need to quit your job, don't buy food, don't buy gas don't pay bills to keep yourself warm, don't pay cable, don't have a cellphone in fact you can;t have anything not even underwear. EVERY single last business takes advantage of their customers. You need food businesses raise their prices food is more expensive. You need clothes businesses raise their prices, you need to put gas in your car gas is steady rising in prices. Cellphone companies find more ways to charge taxes and fees, your electric and gas company raises their prices in the winter time cause they know your going to use the heat more. Cable taxes and fees once again some even charge extra just to have HD channels! Where you work your manager is profiting over you busting your behind. In fact they get bonuses you will never see. Shop even the schools benefit if their students do very well, more funding anyone. So your gonna stop going to work and school to prevent people benefiting? In fact where would that leave you. Living off the government which benefits off of you working more so then you not working. In fact with you not working IF your living off of the government your also living off of the people who are working cause their tax dollars are paying for your food, your cash, your rent, your heat etc.
    SuRihtanil wrote:
    we made them rich with the sims 1, we made them richer with the sims 2 now they're on top what do that do? They get even more greedy... not that anyone really thinks about that or really cares.

Now get your facts straight EA runs the sims now. MAXIS made money off TS1 and part of TS2. Without EA TS2 wouldn't have even been finished much less we wouldn't have TS3. EA hasn't always owned The Sims. In fact the original company was Maxis and guess what they ended up in debt and the franchise would've been lost if EA hasn't bought out Maxis. People love to point out that EA mismanages their money etc but think about it; What the heck do you think Maxis was doing why they ended up in SO MUCH DEBT and had to sell off the franchise.

All I'm saying is if you can't afford it keep it real say I can't afford it. If you are a younger teen and your parents work do more choirs around the house cook even if your old enough. Your parents are much more likely to buy you something if your actually trying to help out or show them that you are not beyond working in the way that you can in order to get what you want. In fact my parents when I was younger used to tell me that if my grades were right I could get anything I wanted. I was a simple child though so them saying that I wouldn't just run out and say hey I want a Playstation no I would want like some cash in hand for myself besides my allowance.

Businesses are in the business of making money. Walmart wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for the people but they take advantage of people. The politics in that place is so messed up and it would be so off topic for me to get into that. If you don't like it don't buy the businesses product. You need to realize not just GAME companies take advantage of people. I mean how many different games do you play. I heard with WoW not only do you pay for the game but you have to pay a subscription just to play online. Don't you think that's taking advantage of people? Or is it only EA and TS? What about IMVU? Or even these facebook apps that want you to pay money to buy points? you get 42 points for like $20 and you can only get maybe 2 items with it. That is crazy.

Ok I am cooling off of my own rant now. Really need to get more sleep this insomnia thing is killing me lately.

Disclaimer: People who receive government funds need not be offended. When it is necessary due to disability, or because of rough times then it is. Their is no need to be ashamed of that. At some point everybody needs a hand and sometimes your family just can't be there for you. What I have a problem with is people staying on the system when they don't need it, getting their hair and nails done with the money that the government is paying them to help them with their kids. Example: In NY state this year the governor gave people who don't usually get cash from social services $200 dollars per school age child and you know what some people did with it. Buy flatscreen tv's, gaming consoles. Not the school clothes and supplies they were supposed to use the money for. Yup I know this cause my Aunt is a manager at Walmart and they are the ones who blew the whistle and let the government know about it. In fact it was in the news!
  • gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Opmystik, EA bought Maxis a few years before The Sims even came out.
  • OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited November 2009
    gobot1236 wrote:
    Opmystik, EA bought Maxis a few years before The Sims even came out.

Yes they did actually but they left Maxis alone when it came towards most of the games they developed. They hadn't really stepped in and have their own people mingle in until after TS2 was out. In fact just using Wiki as a reference it didn't fold into EA until beginning of 04. TS2 was out and known as Eaxis at the beginning of the real merger of EA and Maxis fully being intertwined. Maxis was still developing where they were at originally but being overseen. Think of it this way. Your boss oversees you at work but he doesn't usually step in and do your job. Alot of the time they don't remember how to do it thus they need to watch and see and if needs arise then they do.
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited November 2009
    Muahh hahahah (jk) I only paid $20.00 for mine, and if you subtract the free $10.00 sim card that came with it....I only paid $10! :mrgreen:

Here's how:
    When the sims 3 first came out best buy was selling sim point cards 50% off, so I stock piled a few for future EPs when they came out, so I would be getting 50% off the EP...

I love getting things cheap...lol