Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    Is anybody else noticing weirdness with dresser/cas? (Game CAS, not mc cas module).

Am I the *only* one seeing weird things?
    No your not the only one. I have been getting it for a while now. Probably since CL update. Certainly before the Glamour Stuff Pack. Occasionally, I get a male NPC spawned with a very female outfit in some category. Just like a pink swimsuit. With so much else that was going on with my game I just did a CAS edit and ignored the problem. But, I get very few spawnings at the moment so it is not really an issue for me.

Now I am beginning to get on top of things. Cleared out 800Mb of CC (with a few mods). Next problem will be with MC Dresser trying to find white listed CC that I deleted or saved outfits with CC missing.

Does anyone know what will happen with my Child Sims if they are orphaned? I am expecting some deaths of both parents in a couple of households.

If you move the child into another family via manage worlds, it shouldn't get culled. I've done this several times with kids related to my main Sim - sometimes I move them into my Sim's family, sometimes I move them into another played household. You can't move babies though, as far as I recall.

You can move babies in Manage Households, with the Merge/Split window. ;)
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @egwarhammer @Cyclelegs As long as the child is living with a teen or older, they won't be culled. You could move them into another household or move a teen or older into their household- either way will work.
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Hi guys, I have the sync married names enabled but when I marry sims the female's name doesn't change. Maybe I am missing something?
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Hi guys, I have the sync married names enabled but when I marry sims the female's name doesn't change. Maybe I am missing something?

Sometimes it takes a while to change. Mine never changes immediately.

Sync Married Names runs on Sun, Tues and Thurs. Give it a couple of days, if it still hasn't changed, let us know then. :)

Sync Household Names is Mon, Wed, Fri.

Here's the whole schedule, pasted from the Description Page (it's under a spoiler button):

Weekly Scheduled Alarms for the different modules

Day of the Week
    Event

Sunday
    Dresser - Set default Makeup/Remove makeup from Elders
    Cleaner - Ghosts cleanup, Item cleanup, Sync Married Names
    Pregnancy - For SHORT Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Monday
    Population - Move elders to retirement homes
    Cleaner - Delete empty homeless households that are hidden. Sync household names.
    Pregnancy - For SHORT and NORMAL Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Tuesday
    Cleaner - Item cleanup, Sync Married Names
    Pregnancy - For LONG Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks
    Club Monitoring

Wednesday
    Cleaner - Delete empty homeless households that are hidden. Sync household names.
    Pregnancy - For SHORT and NORMAL Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Thursday
    Cleaner - Item cleanup, Sync Married Names
    Pregnancy - For SHORT Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks
    Club Monitoring

Friday
    Pregnancy - For NORMAL Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Saturday
    Population - Move Sims into open home lots. Move-out single Sims.
    Pregnancy - For LONG and NO AGING Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Additionally, relationship cleaning, if it is enabled will run daily between 2:00AM and 5:00AM currently following EA's schedule for the process regardless of whether EA's relationship cleaning or MC Cleaner's relationship cleaning is being used.
    BTW, for those who use Show Sim Info, it's been updated today to v 2.2.1. Error with alien-pregnancy, on females anyway, in 2.2.0 the SSI button stopped working at all on my one sim (female, thanks to MC) who had been abducted.

I reported it before I laid down, and woke up to an update. :) Redownload if you have any issues. ;)

• LazerfaeLazerfae Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everyone! I just discovered this mod existed today, and I've been trying to download it since! However, I'm having tons of issues. No matter what I do, I can't get the mod to work. My game is totally updated and I've been doing research all night, but nothing is helping. I have a macbook pro and was wondering if maybe that was a problem, but as far as I could tell from looking it up that shouldn't be the issue. I'm assuming the problem is occurring when I try to extract the files. I don't have winrar but have been trying IZip & BetterZip with no luck. Any advice anyone may have would be greatly appreciated!
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hey @Lazerfae and welcome to both the forum community and the MC CMD community. :)
    I dont have all the info on your issue, but if you have both the zip file and the extracted files in your mods folder, it wont work, so take out the zip file from your mods folder.
    Also, you can't put the mod several folders into the structure. so you can have it in /Users/user/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/Mc CMD, but you can't have it in /Users/user/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/coremods/othermods/mc cmd because the script files wont execute. I will doublepost on this because I am writing this from my PC while the screenshot is on my macbook. :P
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    edited December 2016
    double post move along xD
    edited December 2016
    The screenshot, as promised. and yes @egwarhammer You may borrow this if you need it. :)
    mccmd_mac.png
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    Phew - I really thought I've missed something. Almost two days of silence in this discussion is really unusual. :D

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    edited December 2016
    itsug wrote: »
    The screenshot, as promised. and yes @egwarhammer You may borrow this if you need it. :)

I'm slightly bewildered by the modifcation date 2016/12/08 of 'mc_cmd_center.package' in your Mac screenshot.

Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie wrote: »

I'm slightly bewildered by the modifcation date 2016/12/08 of 'mc_cmd_center.package' in your Mac screenshot.

Well, that's probably due to a language update. :)
    edited December 2016
    Bonxie wrote: »

Well, that's probably due to a language update. :)

Ah, you're so right. Spanish Update.... Gracias por la nota!

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I'm having a problem with population ever since the new patch. I don't get any sims generated. And that happened when CL came out as well. Is there a default with the new updated MCC that you have to use custom population controls? I never liked doing that and am fine with how the game generates but now it's messed up.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited December 2016
    I'm having a problem with population ever since the new patch. I don't get any sims generated. And that happened when CL came out as well. Is there a default with the new updated MCC that you have to use custom population controls? I never liked doing that and am fine with how the game generates but now it's messed up.

Maybe a look in your log file "mc_cmd_center.log" could help. You find it in the same directory where the other MC files are. Replay a typical situation were normally tons of sims will be generated.

To have the MC poulation module work, you have to activate it first. Check whether "Use Custom Population" is enabled. Default is 'disabled'.
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Use Custom Population

Check the Maximum Homeless value: Default is -1 for unlimited homeless generation.
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Maximum Homeless

Probably you have to activate verbose logging. Please check whether Message Logging is set to enabled. Default is 'disabled'.
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Message Logging

Now go to a public lot. Try to replay a typical situation, where many homeless are generated - best choice is one of the CL festivals.

Once you have proof of the homeless spawning, jump to the Windows desktop (i. e. hitting the ALT-TAB or WIN key) and open the mc_cmd_center.log file

There should be entries like this:
    [12/04/16 11:33:02]* Created homeless household, Brenner, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_masterGardener
    [12/04/16 11:34:01]* Created homeless household, Shimizu, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Entertainer_Guitar_PlayerFacing
    [12/04/16 11:34:33]* Created homeless household, Caruso, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_CityLife_LivingStatueBusker
    [12/04/16 11:36:58]* Created homeless household, Watanabe, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 11:40:44]* Created homeless household, Hasegawa, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 11:40:54]* Created homeless household, Sakamoto, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 11:42:11]* Created homeless household, Bock, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_CityLife_CityRepair

Check how many sims were spawned and for what reason

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

Hey gang, just a fly by, update kind of thing. Back to work, 2nd shift today, in a couple of hours. (Ugh.)

I have just had a perfect storm meltdown in my current game. Which booted me into a RL update-everything loop. Seriously.

I have always had problems whenever I've tried to use a relpanel to get a sim into regular CAS. Guaranteed hangs, a couple minutes worth, going into CAS sometimes and *always* coming out. Today's problem seems to have melted Don Lothario in his Chic Street apt. His lot won't load.

Here's what happened. I have a hidden teen (criminal) whose last name is Al Something. No way to get to her from manage households, so I thought, I'll do it from Don. (I knew better, but it's been a while, and hope springs eternal...) I didn't do the Sim Commands way, because I wanted to fix her last name. Don knows all 140 sims, I've been flagging. (I've been reducing that after I finish, by marking him unplayed and running the mailbox relationship cleaner routine.)

Anyway, I loaded her up, changed her name, changed her hair, flipped through her outfits, and went to go back to Don when I had her done... nada. His lot will not load.

So I force quit the game, eventually. I decided to reboot my computer, only to find out I had a Windows update waiting. Did that, THEN found out I had an Origin update waiting. Did that. Then I removed the autosave AND the borked save, and renamed the 2nd save to be the looked-for file. Deleted my localthumbcache file, and repaired the game.

Penny Pizzaz loads fine, and Harley (my sim) loads fine, the neighbors. Don, nothing. I can't even trick him out of his apt by loading the other 2. I'm trying not to let any time go, or I'd let Penny try knocking on the door. I may, but probably not till after work.

I'm tempted to delete Don, but I don't want to do that, really. I will if I can't fix him, though. And her too, since she's his criminal. (That'll show 'em.)

Road block. Mid flag blitz. I'm annoyed, and not in the mood to dig deeper right now. I've thrown a lot at it already. Other than a folder refresh (which may be another after-work thing), what else have I missed?

• LazerfaeLazerfae Posts: 2 New Member
    @itsug thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me! After hours of frustration, I managed to solve the problem! The issue was that I had the files in their own folder within the game mods folder, which was like too many levels for the game to acknowledge them. It was such a simple fix and I feel so silly for not figuring it out sooner. Thanks for your time!!!
    Happy to help!

Happy simming! :)
    I gave up on that game that Don blew up in. Not one reply to a cry for help from the cheerleader? :p No worries, tis holidays, but, not one? LOL!! :D I still have it (says the packrat), but I moved on.

(My car is having issues again, I totally get it if anybody wants to go with "holiday palooza" there. Totally teasing, guys. Love you lots!)

New game setup has been underway for 3 days now. Still 8am Sunday.

Fresh new game rolls out with 68 sims (I guessed 77 once, overshot it a little, this time I stopped and actually checked the real number), 67 plus the one I rolled to start the game. Jesminder is having a boy, I've already changed the crib color to blue.

I have 72 sims now. Landlord (created at first load), 2 violinists, and one extra, I think he's a bartender or something. Everybody on the maps is marked played for now. I *really* love the debug cheat to Add Career to a sim. VERY helpful!

I haven't done anything with the new 4 except give the 3 adults that black/gray hair color. Nice we're getting more diversity these days from the bin, but Asian and Indian people generally have black hair. I wish they'd include a little Scottish/Irish love. Bring on the reds! ;)

I've gone through all the sims and all the maps, and when I finally got it all set up, I saved a copy of that game file to a different folder. I hope what I have in mind works, if I have to restart again sometime, I plan to load that file, so I'll have everybody placed and flagged already.

My last Origin install borked, I couldn't get online at all (although I could load sims offline) until I deleted it and reinstalled it this morning. Fine now, finally.

Before I play, I'm going to go through my MC settings again. I already know of a couple I want to tweak. I just ran out of brain capacity for fooling with it, this morning. And am about to run out of TIME, tonight. Maybe an AM thing. I'm just glad to have the people and lots moved around to suit me, so far. That was a pretty big job.

Sunday 2nd shift was fairly busy, and last night at work, I got about half the front of the store straightened back up. Sometimes I wonder what people there DO, when Jeffrey and I aren't around. "Work" doesn't seem to be it, based on everything I found to fix. Y'know? Jeffrey's not feeling well, but he's a trooper. Giving it what he can. We'll make it happen.

By the way, I won't be around much this coming weekend. Saturday is my eldest's college graduation, and I work thru Sunday night/Monday morning. So Saturday will be a work/go everywhere/nap/work day. I'm not seeing a lot of "net" time in there. And Sunday I'll probably be sleeping more to recover, before I work THAT night. I didn't ask for it off, didn't think about it early enough, and I refuse to cause work trouble the week before Christmas. So Jeffrey knows he may get zombie-me this weekend, but as long as he gets ME for the weekend, he's fine with that. ;)

Here's a details nerd tip, try using Show Sim Info's "Output all to File" option sometime. You'll need to enable the text file option, but then do it, it gives you a pretty detailed list of everybody's stats (WHAT field does it sort on? Something invisible, hash numbers maybe?). Add to that, this command from MC, and in your MC log, you'll get a lot of info, too, some of which isn't included in the SSI report.

get_pop age a c cl f g h m p s (copy/paste FTW!)

It will be a LONG file. ;)

You can add lot and get info on your current location, too. And if you JUST want the summary output without all the extra info, that's get_pop b (The b overrides all the other options except lot.)

get_pop age a c cl f g h m p s lot

alien
    careers
    clubs
    flags
    ghosts
    hidden
    married
    pregnant
    single

And I'm going to stop here and post this.

Hope everybody is having a good holiday season. Have a great night, while I'm off slaving away at work. LOL!
    <3

• SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    Hey

I am using the MC command Center mods and have a question about ghosts.
    How do I set my settings if i don't want my sims to dissapear in my family tree but don't want ghost in my city and in my friendship panel?
    SimNaja wrote: »
    Hey

How do I set my settings if i don't want my sims to dissapear in my family tree but don't want ghost in my city and in my friendship panel?

I'm not exactly sure how to do it ALL, but here's what Deaderpool said in MC comments about keeping family tree ghosts:
    If you have all culling bypassed, NO SIMS will get deleted, ghosts or otherwise UNLESS you have Ghost Cleaning turned-on in MC Cleaner. Ghost Cleaning allows players to remove dead Sims from their game and still keep all living players around with culling disabled. In the past comments where we've talked about this, I've always recommend people to flag their ghosts for "No Culling" that they don't want MC Cleaner to delete from their family tree.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5122215#post5122215

I know any sims you don't want to have in your friendship panel, you should be able to run Forget Sim on. I don't know about that "ghost in my city" thing, though. If you mean off the maps, flag them as homeless (if you can, some options don't show up on ghosts, game limitation).

If I missed, ask again?
    Here's a copy of something I just posted to MC's comments:
    Maybe I shouldn't do this, but I'm going to. (That little voice rarely stops me, when I get something on my mind...)

Show of hands... who here besides me has actually READ the ENTIRE Description page, including ALL the info under the Spoiler Buttons, for this very detailed mod?

As many times as we've had to send people to Troubleshooting lately, it's made me wonder if folks are actually trying to run this mod from "install > go" with no background information. We aren't sending them BACK to troubleshooting, because they haven't seen it yet, or they'd already know the answer to their question, in some cases.

Short version: Read More. It's helpful.

You'll see some very cool stuff, if you dig into the guts of this mod's details. The docs pages here are every bit as well-put-together as the mod is.

Deaderpool is a wonderful writer. If you haven't read through all the info he's written here about MC's settings and options and so on, you are definitely missing out, and most likely are not using MC to its full potential.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5128938#post5128938

If anybody here wants to play my little game, that'd be cool.

It was meant more for MC Comments (because people THERE most likely traveled there FROM the Description Page), but it's at least applicable here, too, because if you're using MC, it isn't like you *never* go to MTS. You've seen the page I'm talking about, I mean.

So I'm curious. Who else who plays with MC is a READER? ;)
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Show of hands... who here besides me has actually READ the ENTIRE Description page, including ALL the info under the Spoiler Buttons, for this very detailed mod?
    Every word. Several times. And I have it printed. And still I don't know how to use the Dresser properly. And I only tinker round the edges with changing most settings. And I have a little book of tips and hints that I have culled from following the MC comments pages (all thousands of them).

One of the biggest reasons why people ask questions here and on the MC pages at MTS is because you and DP are really, really good at answering them; probably the best ever. I have never seen hard pressed people with such patience. It is very rare that I see a one word reply: RTFM. It was a mantra of the instructors on a course I did a while ago.

• SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    SimNaja wrote: »
    Hey

I'm not exactly sure how to do it ALL, but here's what Deaderpool said in MC comments about keeping family tree ghosts:
    If you have all culling bypassed, NO SIMS will get deleted, ghosts or otherwise UNLESS you have Ghost Cleaning turned-on in MC Cleaner. Ghost Cleaning allows players to remove dead Sims from their game and still keep all living players around with culling disabled. In the past comments where we've talked about this, I've always recommend people to flag their ghosts for "No Culling" that they don't want MC Cleaner to delete from their family tree.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5122215#post5122215

I know any sims you don't want to have in your friendship panel, you should be able to run Forget Sim on. I don't know about that "ghost in my city" thing, though. If you mean off the maps, flag them as homeless (if you can, some options don't show up on ghosts, game limitation).

If I missed, ask again?

What I mean by "the city" is that I will not have ghosts walking around the city and show up on different lots.
    However, I would not want these ghosts to be deleted from their family tree. I think it's fun to play a family and make a great family tree.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top