Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Plea to Fellow Simmers OR Why They Can't and Won't "Fix" Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    You're right about this game never being 'fixed.' It's impossible to please everyone. Every feature and idea they could possibly do will have people who love it, people who hate it, and people who don't care either way. I love TS4, it's my second favorite in the series, closely following TS2, but of course it isn't perfect. There's things I would've done differently, but I still enjoy it and play it just like i did with 2 and 3.

I think the root of the issues surrounding this game comes from the fact that it was originally built as an online, multiplayer game and quickly reworked into an offline, single player one. I think that's the cause of the games limitations and the devs are forced to work with what they have.
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    edited December 2016
    One big reason I liked seeing Will Wright working on The Sims series was that he always wanted to further expand the game, make it better, prove it can be better. EA doesn't seem to comprehend improvement though. I say this about everything; if it exists, it can be modified and made better. This applies to The Sims 4 as well. It's best we wait for The Sims 5 or hope an indie studio shows up and makes a game that wipes the floor with The Sims 4 as City: Skylines did with SimCity (2013).

They need to bring the man back. #MakeItWright
    Post edited by Kurotard on
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Alorxico - You make some very valid and good points in your OP.

I think that The Sims 4 has veered away from the formula that has worked since 2000.
    GARYZGAL wrote: »
    Maybe you should just stop playing the game if you're this unhappy. Life is too short to PLAY a game you're unhappy with.

@GARYZGAL - I don't think that's the point. People wanted to like The Sims 4 and unfortunately, it didn't live up to many people's expectations. There's nothing wrong with expressing dissatisfaction with a product that you've loved in the past in hopes that it will change.
    staravia81 wrote: »
    As far as toddlers go, the first Sims didn't have them either, so are you seriously saying that's not a life simulator?

@staravia81 - You're right, The Sims didn't have toddlers; however they came in The Sims 2 and remained for The Sims 3, so I think the problem is that they were taken away in Sims 4. And not just toddlers have been taken away, many other things that have been in past iterations have been taken away and I think that's a big part of the problem here.

IMHO, I think that Sims 4 is broken and I don't think it can be fixed to become the game that many Simmers want it to be. I think Sims 5 needs to go back to its roots and it needs to be a STRONG foundation to build upon.

• Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member

Maybe you should just stop playing the game if you're this unhappy. Life is too short to PLAY a game you're unhappy with.

@GARYZGAL - I don't think that's the point. People wanted to like The Sims 4 and unfortunately, it didn't live up to many people's expectations. There's nothing wrong with expressing dissatisfaction with a product that you've loved in the past in hopes that it will change.

You're absolutely right that people have the right to express their displeasure with the game but honestly? That's all I see on these forums and you know what? It's old. Seriously I'm 49 years old and if I hated this game I would stop playing it, I wouldn't constantly complain about it on a forum. Some people complain more about the game than actually playing it. LIFE IS SHORT! Play it or not but my god, if you're not enjoying it? PLEASE JUST STOP PLAYING! There is a section on the forums to give suggestions and what you want in the game, go there and let loose.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options

You're absolutely right that people have the right to express their displeasure with the game but honestly? That's all I see on these forums and you know what? It's old. Seriously I'm 49 years old and if I hated this game I would stop playing it, I wouldn't constantly complain about it on a forum. Some people complain more about the game than actually playing it. LIFE IS SHORT! Play it or not but my god, if you're not enjoying it? PLEASE JUST STOP PLAYING! There is a section on the forums to give suggestions and what you want in the game, go there and let loose.

@GARYZGAL - I'll agree with you in that there's a lot of displeasure on the forums; however, if people want improvement in current and future iterations, what do you suggest they do? Again, I don't think it's about hating the game, you're missing the point.

If I followed your logic: 'if you don't like it, stop playing it' - I could just as easily say to you 'if you don't like the displeasure and the 'complaining,' don't read the threads' - however, I won't put that to you because you have every right to be on the forums, just as everyone else does, and do what you like as long as it follows the forum rules.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

@GARYZGAL - I'll agree with you in that there's a lot of displeasure on the forums; however, if people want improvement in current and future iterations, what do you suggest they do? Again, I don't think it's about hating the game, you're missing the point.

If I followed your logic: 'if you don't like it, stop playing it' - I could just as easily say to you 'if you don't like the displeasure and the 'complaining,' don't read the threads' - however, I won't put that to you because you have every right to be on the forums, just as everyone else does, and do what you like as long as it follows the forum rules.

I very rarely do come here to read anything. I can't do all the complaining. Seriously. You need to calm down 'cos this is just a forum for a game. It's not life or death, it's not anything really important!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »

I very rarely do come here to read anything. I can't do all the complaining. Seriously. You need to calm down 'cos this is just a forum for a game. It's not life or death, it's not anything really important!

@GARYZGAL - I'm super calm; I promise. And yes, it is just a forum for a game; however, it is a forum where, as I said above, people are free to express their opinions, their frustrations, their love, their dislike, as long as it is done within the constraints of the rules.

Again, you're right - it's not life or death; however, it is important to many, not just myself, that there's a game from a franchise that they love and enjoy. I've said it before, I'll say it again - I think you're missing the point - a point which I won't continue to try and get across to you because if your response is going to be things like: 'LIFE IS SHORT!' or 'PLEASE JUST STOP PLAYING!' or 'it's not anything really important!' - you won't ever get it!
  • Options
    MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited December 2016
    i dont see the release of any game packs, expansion packs, stuff packs or whatever other packs you choose to call them as fixing the game. you can add every feature that every customer here ever asked for in a patch tomorrow for free and this game will still be broken. it has bugs, it has ignored bugs, and until those bugs are removed and fixed, many many people still wont be happy. how someone in this thread can say this game has no bugs is beyond me. do they actually even play the game? seriously. the devs should put all their "pack teams" objectives on hold, and seriously look thru what is currently wrong with the game and fix that 🐸🐸🐸🐸. if it takes 6 months, oh well. it takes 6 months. fix it. when we goto a store and buy an item thats defective, we have the right to return it for a replacement or refund, why should we be forced to accept a defective game. im not asking for a refund, but i do expect a replacement. replacement thru patches that actually fix the game to a state of what it is supposed to be. #BugFree if i wanted something full of bugs i'd buy a 3$ ant farm. we don't spend $100s - $1000 to buy a defective game. #FixTheGame please. then you can make expansions for the rest of eternity for all i care.