Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Just Fired Him!

There is only one butler in my game. No matter which family I play, they all have the same butler. I tried to fire him and hire a new one, but he keeps coming back! Is this the way the game was designed? I tried repairing my game, shutting down and starting again, fire and rehire, making a new one in CAS (which changes all of the butlers in the game to match the new one I make), no matter what I try, they are all the same. Does anyone else have this problem?
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    There is only one butler in my game. No matter which family I play, they all have the same butler. I tried to fire him and hire a new one, but he keeps coming back! Is this the way the game was designed? I tried repairing my game, shutting down and starting again, fire and rehire, making a new one in CAS (which changes all of the butlers in the game to match the new one I make), no matter what I try, they are all the same. Does anyone else have this problem?

Fortunately no. First time was an adult female, my sim didn't like her so she killed her, then they sent another butler who was an adult elder. I went into CAS to make him look completely different though.
  • King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Yes. If you delete him from the world you will get a new one. I have the same problem
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Yes. If you delete him from the world you will get a new one. I have the same problem
    Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one. So, how do you delete him from the world?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited December 2016
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    To delete the sim from the world, go to manage households, click on the butler sim household and delete him.

Thanks Rose
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    When I hire one particular Butler, a different one keeps coming each day! Does the Butler go home each day or sleep at your home? I have a room designated for the Butler also. I chose a male Butler, but each day a different female Butler shows up! I will delete as Rosemow said....but my goodness: annoying!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Katzc wrote: »
    When I hire one particular Butler, a different one keeps coming each day! Does the Butler go home each day or sleep at your home? I have a room designated for the Butler also. I chose a male Butler, but each day a different female Butler shows up! I will delete as Rosemow said....but my goodness: annoying!

Hello
    The butler is meant to remain at your home. You are able to assign a bed for him/her to sleep in. This link explains about butlers
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-vintage-glamour-guide/#Butler

Try firing the butler. Then hire another butler and see if that helps the issues,
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    How do we mak the butler actually use their quartes? Mine don't do anything but clean.
    Okay, I tried deleting the butler and the butler was reset in each home. A new and different butler showed up, but it was still the same butler in each home. Back to square one.... :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    How do we mak the butler actually use their quartes? Mine don't do anything but clean.

@Inna Minnit You click on the bed you want him/her to use and click on "assign to butler"
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Looks like the devs need a butler patch.
    Does anyone know which Guru worked on butlers?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    edited December 2016
    There should be an option to choose which butler you want similar to the option that is available when adopting children. I can see wanting a different "type" of butler in different situations.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016

Here is a crazy thought. Is it possible you have reached your population limit and the game can't generate more than one, since the game has all the NPC players covered for stores, restaurants, bars etc.? I noticed the other day I have more Sims than I think I'm supposed to have for one thing, (though I know they upped the population cap) and Sims don't visit other lots like they used to (known issue) so maybe the game is bugged that way and isn't able to generate more than one? I only have two, in different households but not tried to fire anybody, yet. It must have something to do with the game not being able to generate more than one for everyone, for some reason. ETA: Or one per world? Mine live in two different worlds. Same save, but one in CL world and one in WB.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Alexai wrote: »
    There should be an option to choose which butler you want similar to the option that is available when adopting children. I can see wanting a different "type" of butler in different situations.

WHAT? There is an option to choose which butler we want? I have never seen this!!! :0
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    Cinebar wrote: »

Here is a crazy thought. Is it possible you have reached your population limit and the game can't generate more than one, since the game has all the NPC players covered for stores, restaurants, bars etc.? I noticed the other day I have more Sims than I think I'm supposed to have for one thing, (though I know they upped the population cap) and Sims don't visit other lots like they used to (known issue) so maybe the game is bugged that way and isn't able to generate more than one? I only have two, in different households but not tried to fire anybody, yet. It must have something to do with the game not being able to generate more than one for everyone, for some reason. ETA: Or one per world? Mine live in two different worlds. Same save, but one in CL world and one in WB.

@Cinebar I am pretty sure that I am well below the population limit as I have the option to fill empty houses off. I only play my Sims to test my builds and check out new game play.
    fkgck4xkargo.png

WHAT? There is an option to choose which butler we want? I have never seen this!!! :0

@ehaught58 No they were saying that they should put in an option for picking a butler

@ehaught58 No they were saying that they should put in an option for picking a butler

Thank you, I stand corrected. :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    I am having this issue as well. I keep firing my one butler, who is another households butler to get my other butler back, such a pain!!

This is def a bug, is there a bug thread on EA for this yet?
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    My sim just went to one of the festivals and when she returned home she still had a butler but a completely different one.. lol
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    maybe you have too many sims and the game can't create new one so you keep having the same ?
  • rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    I know my issue is not too many sims, it's a brand new save and I get ride of most I played households in management... so it's not a limit issue
  • JodieRivetJodieRivet Posts: 4 New Member
    Can we make the butler Playable?
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Yes. I believe so. I have not done this myself though. What I have read is that you have to fire him first. Otherwise you can't hire a new one. Then either invite him the old fashion way by inviting him over OR just join him to your household via manage world.