Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited December 2016
    Your welcome @Tamaek if you want to get a quick look at a sim in a kilt I did make one of my favorite storybook couples into sims here is a link to them!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8902753
    Here is a link to their story where I entered them in a contest!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14804964/#Comment_14804964

There is another kilt that comes with dragon valley to but I didn't have it when I made Jamie!
    Post edited by Teanias on
  • shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15387818/#Comment_15387818
    Updated my top 5!
    Thank you @teanias and @charlotteprice for your gifts!! :smiley:
    Happy simminng!
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    I think you are looking for @mycami21 aka mailin32, @JovialJoy ! Have you tried to empty your browser history, sometimes that helps to bring back ads.

Hi @Teanias how are you? Thank you for the cap!
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited December 2016
    Aww thank you so much again @Teanias ! Ehehe. My Grandmother will be so stylish now. You're so sweet, you're giving her dentures cavities! ;)

23rif7.gif
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you so much @Teanias for Modern Stone Arch, Fresh from the Garden Boutique, Tower of Flower Power, and Cornelia's Bust <3

My top 5 is updated :)
    Post edited by taratownie on
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Hoplass wrote: »
    I think you are looking for @mycami21 aka mailin32, @JovialJoy ! Have you tried to empty your browser history, sometimes that helps to bring back ads.

Thank you so much, now I can properly express my appreciation! And yeah, I have tried that. I've tried all of the suggested tips.

On a positive note, I see there has been new Brother ads showing up in the rotaton. And unlike before, these ones actually pay out! Yay!

My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    Thank you, @mycami21! The ads weren't coming last night. Yesterday was unbelievably dry. So I had to skip out on one of the deals. But I woke up to some ads today and it pushed me over the number I needed to get the Bakery. Yay! So maybe your gift worked as that good luck charm after all. ;) Thanks again. <3

My Top Five has been updated.

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    Hoplass wrote: »
    Thank you @Hoplass . I was lying in bed falling asleep when the random thought came to me that my store and forum names were different and she would think some completely random person gifted her.

@JovialJoy You are very welcome I'm glad the charm worked. The Bakery is one of my favorites although I usually only use the oven.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    No problem @mycami21 I found the link to your wishlist in the DD thread so I recognized your name :)
    I think you are close to being able to put info in your signature, like a link to your wishlist? o:)

Yay for getting the bakery @JovialJoy ! I must confess: I use the cookiejars the most. Haha, cookies are the best! :cookie:
    edited December 2016
    What perspective do you guys have on calling out gifters for their individual gifts? For example, I'm personally apprehensive about saying something like, "Thank you, so and so, for this particular venue!" That's first and foremost because I don't want to make anyone else feel bad that they weren't gifted the same thing. But I also don't want to make people who aren't able to gift as much feel like their gift is inadequate. Finally, I don't know if the gifter wants people to know just how much they spent on a particular person. So I'm usually somewhat vague with my thanks so that I don't make anyone feel left out or so that I don't offend anyone. But am I overthinking this? Maybe, in the long run, I'm only making the gifters feel bad! :s

• scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    What perspective do you guys have on calling out gifters for their individual gifts? For example, I'm personally apprehensive about saying something like, "Thank you, so and so, for this particular venue!" That's first and foremost because I don't want to make anyone else feel bad that they weren't gifted the same thing. But I also don't want to make people who aren't able to gift as much feel like their gift is inadequate. Finally, I don't know if the gifter wants people to know just how much they spent on a particular person. So I'm usually somewhat vague with my thanks so that I don't make anyone feel left out or so that I don't offend anyone. But am I overthinking this? Maybe, in the long run, I'm only making the gifters feel bad! :s

I think all gifters are different. If you are unsure, send them a pm and ask them. Although I haven't been able to send gifts the last couple months. I personally always appreciated a vague or no thank you at all. It does take a while to get to everyone, and then once I do get to a wishlist I've been keeping an eye on, the item is gone. But again, that's just me. I just throw gifts at people because I like the idea that my time spent clicking ads (aka being irresponsible in real life) can result in a little smile for someone else.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you for the Pan of Plants Scukpture, @Teanias =)
    My top five :)
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    I agree with @scillakees that each gifter is different and I think that each giftee is different as well. Some people just don't feel right getting something huge without a big shout out to the generous gifter and some gifters really want a thank you to know that their gift made you smile. Others don't feel comfortable yelling to the world and putting a spotlight on a gifter and some gifters would just as soon remain anonymous if they could. So, @JovialJoy, I think @scillakees's advice is sound, when in doubt: ask.

And I like your story and pics @Teanias. Pretty cool actually. :)

:scream: THE EMOJIS LOOK WEIRD!!!! lol
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    You know, it's funny you ask about the gifter thank you thingy. When I decided to sponsor a prize on the Christmas Lotto my first thought was to be anonymous. But then I thought, I've had venues and worlds gifted to me, so I'd like to let the people who were generous to me see that I'm taking my turn at paying it forward. Not to pat myself on the back, but to show them that the cycle continues.

As for not wanting to make someone feel bad that they aren't getting the same level of gifts, I feel that your thank you should be based on how you feel about the gift you received. I'd hate to think that someone would feel guilty about a thank you.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited December 2016
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    You know, it's funny you ask about the gifter thank you thingy. When I decided to sponsor a prize on the Christmas Lotto my first thought was to be anonymous. But then I thought, I've had venues and worlds gifted to me, so I'd like to let the people who were generous to me see that I'm taking my turn at paying it forward. Not to pat myself on the back, but to show them that the cycle continues.

As for not wanting to make someone feel bad that they aren't getting the same level of gifts, I feel that your thank you should be based on how you feel about the gift you received. I'd hate to think that someone would feel guilty about a thank you.

You're right. No one should feel guilty for saying thank you. And it is great to see people continuing the tradition and paying it forward. As I said, I think I'm probably the only one. People say thank you, and I Awesome their post. Problem is sometimes people get upset when I don't take the time to write a you're welcome. Maybe it's rude of me, but I'm mostly peeking in on my phone and it's a hassle to write on that thing. Also I really don't like to write in general. So I just awesome the post and call it good and hope no one gets upset.

For the bit about gifting everyone evenly, I don't know. I do personally give more to people who I know are working hard saving everyone's points using the DD and cascade deals. I will give others gifts too. But it does take time to get points and I'd like to stretch them as far as possible.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @scillakees, I won't lie, I favor those that are working at it as well. I'm still mostly working on my own stuff, but when the ad gods are generous I tend to be as well. But the chances of my gifting to someone who has scraped together "almost" enough points for that green download button to happen are higher than for the person with the arm long wish list. Which is also why when someone new joins here or the DD group and asks for advice and pares down their list I try to at least send them something, even if I'm not getting the ads that week. In the end I see this as a community and am more likely to respond to people who are active within the community.

Oh, and while no one should feel guilty about saying thank you, NO ONE SHOULD EVER FEEL GUILTY ABOUT NOT SAYING YOUR WELCOME. Your job was done when you gave the gift. Can you imagine if we were all expected to send Your Welcome cards in response to Thank You cards? Sure, Hallmark would be thrilled, but c'mon. You gave them a gift and now they're complaining that you didn't acknowledge their thank you? I know who's off my next gift list.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    The thing about this thread is, that everyone is kind and courteous! I, personally, don't recall anyone getting upset because I didn't acknowledge their "Thank You" post (sorry that happened to you @scillakees ). Maybe everyone knows me well.....sometimes its days before I come back on here, but I have always gave a like or awesome :s I admit I am lazy :o

One thing I have learned is that when I gift a small item or a big item, it doesn't matter......they truly are happy with whatever you gift them! I admit I do check people out (see how long they have been playing, if they look for DD deals, and even if they still play Sims3) but no, I am not a stalker :p

@Reachsims wanted the ones receiving the gifts to acknowledge they got it, so the gifters knew it went to the right person or make sure it wasn't lost! (I didn't go back and check, but I am pretty sure she said that would be helpful)

@JovialJoy To me, it doesn't matter if you list the item(s) I gifted you, or just say thanks! I know you got it then! If you say nothing, thats OK too, I can just ponder on if you got it or not ;) and if its a big item, I can just PM the person! My question is: Do you think us gifters should reply back with a "You're Welcome"? Now I am wondering if I am just a rude person :'( (if I am rude, its @scillakees fault) =)

We gifters just want to bring a smile to your face <3

Thank you, @ZeeGee! <3

• AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Re: Gifts
    I just feel abhorrent because I haven't been able to gift anything back! Annoyingly enough there aren't any ad points in South America. (To be clear, it SHOULD be on the bottom left whilst on the ''store'' page?) And I just feel horrible sitting here getting all these gifts and not giving anything back. I DO know that I'll be buying some soon! And I didn't get any simpoints from expansion packs which stinks.
    But anyways I'm excited to do some gifting when I can. Hehehee. Who will be my victi-lucky friend o_o

Yeah I can't tell whether I like the new emoji's haha, but I do like the completely new ones; :scream:

Anyways I hope everyone has a nice weekend/Friday/Saturday!
    23rif7.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited December 2016
    Don't forget, you can try this for 1000 free sp's too.http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15260485/#Comment_15260485

Edit: I explained it the best I could on the link, also registering base game and world adventures get you 1000 sp's each!
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you @Teanias for the gifts! Thank you @JoeJude16 for the gift! And thank you @Skymyst for gifting, it didn't go thru though, I hope they didn't credit the simpoints.

I've updated my Top5.
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited December 2016
    I agree that no one should make anyone feel bad about not saying "you're welcome". @JoeJude16 you put it very well, Hallmark would be happy but really pfft. I also try to gift to people that really try to make it easier on gifters; you know the ones that try to keep good clean, nonrepeating wishlists and that I know would appreciate it. I also try gifting to people who I know are getting close to grabbing something because I know they need and appreciate the help (gosh I know I did! ;) ). And I gift to newcomers to the Gifting Directory if I have the points. I do it because I love giving and sometimes I've given so much in the past that I've run low and missed a DD because the ads didn't help me out. :confounded: (Mean Ads!!) But ultimately it was worth it. And right now without MMAO every little bit helps me get closer and I would never have gotten this far without you guys so I really want to pay it forward and I have been when the ads cooperate. Problem is I'm so busy and the ads keep drying up that it takes me time to build up enough points to really give what I want to.

And I agree with you @charlotteprice. No matter how big or small the gift I always smile when I get one and I like to think that others do the same. And so far this thread has done nothing to make me think otherwise, everyone here is just so very generous and thoughtful and helpful. I really do love being a part of this community. <3<3<3

Also it is good for me because I go crazy at Christmas and this helps temper me so that I don't go Bankrupt gifting people in OE. My problem is that if they give me a list of just a few things and say only get me one thing I'll try really hard to get them all but I do this for, like, everyone just about. And my husband and sister are no help because they suffer from the same gifting addiction. (My sister and I got it from my dad. My hubby got it from his mom.) lol So thanks for the therapy, too. lol :wink:
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    The thing about this thread is, that everyone is kind and courteous! I, personally, don't recall anyone getting upset because I didn't acknowledge their "Thank You" post (sorry that happened to you @scillakees ). Maybe everyone knows me well.....sometimes its days before I come back on here, but I have always gave a like or awesome :s I admit I am lazy :o

One thing I have learned is that when I gift a small item or a big item, it doesn't matter......they truly are happy with whatever you gift them! I admit I do check people out (see how long they have been playing, if they look for DD deals, and even if they still play Sims3) but no, I am not a stalker :p

@Reachsims wanted the ones receiving the gifts to acknowledge they got it, so the gifters knew it went to the right person or make sure it wasn't lost! (I didn't go back and check, but I am pretty sure she said that would be helpful)

@JovialJoy To me, it doesn't matter if you list the item(s) I gifted you, or just say thanks! I know you got it then! If you say nothing, thats OK too, I can just ponder on if you got it or not ;) and if its a big item, I can just PM the person! My question is: Do you think us gifters should reply back with a "You're Welcome"? Now I am wondering if I am just a rude person :'( (if I am rude, its @scillakees fault) =)

We gifters just want to bring a smile to your face <3

Oh, it was a long time ago that it happened and it wasn't in this thread. You are correct, Reachsims does want people to say thank you. I probably shouldn't have said I don't need a thank you in here. (Where has she been? Hope is she ok and enjoying life) Gifting and being gifted is supposed to be fun, not stressful. Enjoy the gifts and eachother and don't think too much about it. Just do what feels natural and right for yourself. For those who can't get simpoint ads, you can always pay it forward in other ways if you can. :3

P.S. I know, when I do get back to throwing things at people, you can thank @Charlotteprice instead. It'll be all kinds of fun.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    scillakees wrote: »
    I personally always appreciated a vague or no thank you at all.

As one of the giftees who shouted to the rooftops every time you gifted me and exactly what you gifted me let me just say.... OOPS.