Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank You ... It's Good to be Back

Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
edited December 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hello all friends, old and new. Many of you may know and recognize me but I'm sure that a good many of you will not. I used to be extremely active on these forums, but things change. Life happens and I got very busy, and then very sick, and then better and then busy again. LOL - Life Happens, right? I haven't even been able to play my Sims 3 game for a couple of years because of computer issues, but it is up and running again and I am loving playing with my Sims. I have missed you all and I hope everything is well in your world and your Sims' worlds as well.

Hugs to all,
Faith
Post edited by Faith_Andhope on

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Faith_Andhope - OHEMGEE! Hello my darling - so lovely to hear from you. I was just thinking and talking about the days of the Pink Ladies - how funny you should appear after that! <3 Life does happen and sometimes it is crazy. I'm so happy to hear that you are much better now and also that you are enjoying the Sims again.

• Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    Thank you. :-) I was thinking of the Pink Ladies as well. That was so much fun. So good to hear from you. Thank you for the warm welcome back.
    ~Hugs
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I hope you'll stick around - it's nice to see the old faces here again! Makes me smile and get all nostalgic :)
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Faith_Andhope Oh, how wonderful! Another one returns! :)

You probably don't remember me at all, but I remember seeing you often in the CAW section and still have some of the worlds you made. Welcome back!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    welcome back. glad to see some familiar names popping back on the forums.
    Thank you @HappySimmer3 and @fleshjenn . It is nice to get a warm welcome back. And @HappySimmer3 , what a nice compliment that you still have some of the worlds I made. That was one of my most favorite things to do - and I do remember you from that forum section. Thanks again.
  • ragan651ragan651 Posts: 268 Member
    Well, welcome back and thank you very much.
    e9sNIxd.jpg

Wishlist | The O'Kelly Saga | The Strange Case of Thomas Black | My goals: Coffee Bean Loft, Eloquently Ecclectic Collection
    ragan651 wrote: »
    Well, welcome back and thank you very much.

Thank YOU @ragan651
    Well, I just had to come back in here - after the shock wore off and my head cleared and I was able to figure out what was going on - and say another THANK YOU @ragan651 for the Wonderfully Woven Hanging Chair. I did not get a message notification of the gift and didn't know about it on your and my previous posts (or I would have said thank you for THAT in my previous post). It wasn't until I went into My Wish List to do some maintenance that I saw it said I owned it and I had to play detective to figure out how that was since I didn't remember buying it. LOL. Finally, I remembered to look up my Store Purchase History and it told me it had been gifted by YOU @ragan651 . So thank you very very much. I am looking forward to putting that in my game.
    Could I get a little help please? I am trying to download the chair gifted to me by @ragan651 but the game will not allow me to log in. I am logged into Origin and my launcher but not the game. I even changed my pw in case that would help. I then re-logged in to everything, including this forum, but the game still keeps telling me the email/pw I am using is incorrect. I don't know what to do. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, how did you fix it? Thank you.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2016
    There has been problems with this in the past. I think the answer is clear/reset Internet Explorer security/privacy/history. The launcher is tied to old technology... thus, Internet Explorer, no matter what browser you currently use.

And, if you haven't updated to the latest patch for Sims 3, don't!

And, HI! Good to see you around again.
    Hi ciane. Thank you. I will try the browser clear. And thanks for the tip on not getting the latest patch. GREAT to see you again.
    I decided to change the title of this thread and make it my Thank You thread because all of you wonderful simmers are welcoming me back with warm wishes and gifts. So here goes:

@rosemegan thank you for the Tower of Flower Power
    @AlphaFen and @ragan651 thank you for the Wonderfully Woven Hanging Chair. I am sorry the system let you both buy it. But I knew there had been some kind of glitch (look back a few posts where I partially explain) and now see in my messages that you both gifted it to me.
    @Karnzter thank you for the Sea-loving Rug. It is my first piece in that collection! Yay!
    @AlphaFen thank you so much for the Fowl Feathers and Chicken Coop. I can't wait to play with that in game. (*insert evil laugh here)
    @Scotsim thank you so much for the Milkin' It Dairy Corral. Something else I'm so very excited to play with in the game.

Thank you all. I have felt like I came back home and was greeted with warm hugs and showered with gifts. So, thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @Faith_Andhope, welcome back! *waves* I have been away from the forum until now as well.
    Thank you @illusie . It is good to be back.

@charlotteprice thank you so much for your gifts. I was happily surprised to visit my Wish List and see that I owned several new pieces. I hate that I don't get notifications about receiving a gift anymore. I never know unless I actually go and check and I don't think to do that often. I only did today because of the 25 days of Christmas thread. So I am sorry for not thanking you 3 days ago, but I thank you now for the gift of several items from the Nautical Living set. Thank you!!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Welcome back! I didn't know you created worlds, will have to check that out.

That is sad that there's no more notifications. I use to love seeing those pop up. So I will notify you that I sent you a little something that was one of my favorite gifts 'back in the day'.
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Welcome back! I didn't know you created worlds, will have to check that out.

That is sad that there's no more notifications. I use to love seeing those pop up. So I will notify you that I sent you a little something that was one of my favorite gifts 'back in the day'.

Thank you so much. You are very thoughtful. I have downloaded and installed that but cannot find it in my game to place it on a lot. Do you know where I can find it?

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    It is in Outdoor section, under outdoor activities. It is really hard to see. It just looks like a tiny square box.
    Thank you. I looked there but didn't find it. I actually looked through all my installed content and can't find it. I don't think it successfully installed. I've been having trouble with my launcher logging in. *sigh* I'll keep trying. Thank you again.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You are very welcome, glad I could help!
    edited December 2016
    @caleddon I want to thank you for the Milkin' It Dairy Coral. I'm so sorry the system let you buy it when it had already been gifted to me. My store and launcher are acting up - not wanting to play nice together. I finally did get this downloaded and installed though. Maybe you can contact EA about a refund since it had already been gifted to me by @Scotsim

@ZeeGee thank you for gifting me the Milkin' It Dairy Coral. As with caleddon, please accept my apologies that the Store allowed you to buy it when it had already been gifted to me. Please contact EA for a refund.

@creativemetaphor thank you so much for the Sea-loving bookshelf. I am so excited about this item. I love bookshelves and it has been awhile since they put out one I like so much.

@JovialJoy thank you for the Painted Milk Jug. It will be such a cute addition to my décor options.

@hoplass thank you for the Nantucket Fence. It is so nice and I can't wait to use it in a build I am doing right now.
    Post edited by Faith_Andhope on
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    You're welcome!
  • ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    @Faith_Andhope - I am caleddon so no problem :)
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    @Faith_Andhope Happy-happy-happy! It's like to find my lost family. You maybe don't remember me (I'm so much insignificant being here), but really, I liked to read posts from you, because you are too one from those 3-simmers, from who I've learned so much.
    Another insightful for ciane, I couldn't help me to not click it. ;)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
    @Faith_Andhope Happy-happy-happy! It's like to find my lost family. You maybe don't remember me (I'm so much insignificant being here), but really, I liked to read posts from you, because you are too one from those 3-simmers, from who I've learned so much.
    Another insightful for ciane, I couldn't help me to not click it. ;)

Hi! Thank you for the welcome back. So good to see you here. It's good to be "home."