March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    @ImGluedToMyComputer I was thinking to myself how hard it's been to kill sims in a fire since TS2. Not only do fires not happen as often, but it's extremely difficult to have a sim actually die from it. Since I've started TS2 back up, I had one person catch on fire from lighting a baked alaska for the dean of the private school! It's unexpected deaths like this that make the game that much more fun to play in my opinion.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @ImGluedToMyComputer I was thinking to myself how hard it's been to kill sims in a fire since TS2. Not only do fires not happen as often, but it's extremely difficult to have a sim actually die from it. Since I've started TS2 back up, I had one person catch on fire from lighting a baked alaska for the dean of the private school! It's unexpected deaths like this that make the game that much more fun to play in my opinion.

So true. I loved the unexpected things that happen in Sims2. The chance cards are crazy too. I love when my Sims randomly get fired...lol

When everyone dies on the lot, can you get the gravestones or does someone have to move on the lot and get them? I didn't save the deaths because I wanted to be able to collect the gravestones.
  • keekee53 wrote: »

So true. I loved the unexpected things that happen in Sims2. The chance cards are crazy too. I love when my Sims randomly get fired...lol

When everyone dies on the lot, can you get the gravestones or does someone have to move on the lot and get them? I didn't save the deaths because I wanted to be able to collect the gravestones.

Omg I was just minding my business a few months ago when Angela and Lilith where teens and one of the chance cards came up for Mary-Sue, i chose the wrong one and omg she flipped out on the front lawn :lol:

I always use story lines when i play the sims 4 (which is like 2 times a month) and i needed to kill off the mom, so i tried to kill her off by fire and no matter much i tried fires wouldn't show up, or they would die out too fast :cry:
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    After a great night of sleep, Don went downstairs to have some toaster pastries for breakfast and promptly lit the kitchen on fire! Poor Don and the maid Kaylynn didn't make it. May they rest in peace.

:D Someone else managed to kill Kaylynn in a fire! I'm not the only one...
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    The only sim I've ever had die in a fire was a nanny :fearful: She was making a meal for the kids and she caught the oven on fire. I immediately took over control of my child sim and forced her to go in a different room and call the fire department because I can't even fathom the idea of one of my child sims burning to death :bawling: By the time it was all over, the nanny was in an urn and my parent sims got a warning from Sims social care saying there'd be heck to pay if they left the kid at home unsupervised again :scream:

Next day a new nanny showed up.

The parents sold the urn.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    The only sim I've ever had die in a fire was a nanny :fearful: She was making a meal for the kids and she caught the oven on fire. I immediately took over control of my child sim and forced her to go in a different room and call the fire department because I can't even fathom the idea of one of my child sims burning to death :bawling: By the time it was all over, the nanny was in an urn and my parent sims got a warning from Sims social care saying there'd be heck to pay if they left the kid at home unsupervised again :scream:

Next day a new nanny showed up.

The parents sold the urn.

Too funny!

I've never had a nanny die in a fire, but I had one catch on fire and the dad was at home, so he ran into the kitchen and watched her dancing around for a minute, then, instead of either trying to put the fire out (which I tried to tell him to do), or calling the fire department, he grabbed the kid from the high chair and raced outside (leaving everyone else to fend for themselves, including the other kids). Thankfully I had a fire alarm installed, so the fire department came and put the nanny out, so in the end, she was massively singed for the day, but otherwise all right, and aside from the dad, nobody else seemed to even notice there'd even been a fire.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited December 2016
    @nanashi-sims
    It is always refreshing to read what happens in Sims2 games that has never happened to your own game - absolutely fabulous to receive the message from Sims Social Care! :)
    It is all these details that make Sims2 such fun. :)

I restarted a Pleasantview story as it always works out differently from what you plan to happen:

001.%20Pleasantview.jpg
    002.%20Pleasantview.jpg
    003.%20Pleasantview.jpg
    004.%20Pleasantview.jpg
    005.%20Pleasantview.jpg
    006.%20Pleasantview.jpg
    Post edited by LadysimPlayer8 on
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    @LadysimPlayer8 Cassandra and Darren had a daughter in my game too and I called her Isabella! Just feels right to make a tribute to her mother.
    @nanashi-sims
    It is always refreshing to read what happens in Sims2 games that has never happened to your own game - absolutely fabulous to receive the message from Sims Social Care! :)
    It is all these details that make Sims2 such fun. :)

I restarted a Pleasantview story as it always work out differently from what you plan to happen:

@LadysimPlayer8 - your stories are so cool. Where in the world did you get that formatting?! The layout looks amazing!
    @LadysimPlayer8 Cassandra and Darren had a daughter in my game too and I called her Isabella! Just feels right to make a tribute to her mother.
    I too chose the name in memory of Bella and I also think Isabella Dreamer has a nice ring about it. :)

@nanashi-sims
    Thank you for your comment. :)
    If you have Word, on a blank document use Smart Art and pictures. I select pictures with captions and set the font size to 14 then add a header and page numbers. The hard part is condensing the story to fit the caption box! :)
  • Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
    My toddler got potty trained and learned to talk and walk... all in the same sim day!

I was HARD at work.... it was tough, but I did it.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited December 2016
    I started an Alternate Legacy: A Sim and its clone* in different worlds... but I messed up on The Sim. He's got S3 in one and S1 in the other. XD

Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    A random question here - has anyone actually achieved to get a toddler taught to walk, talk and potty trained without using the Smart milk thingie?
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    A random question here - has anyone actually achieved to get a toddler taught to walk, talk and potty trained without using the Smart milk thingie?

Not all in one day, but yes. Before I knew about the mod to remove the weird glow, I wouldn't use smart milk because of the glow (I play a very vanilla style game). That said, once I found a mod to remove the glow... I've used smart milk ever since!

Parenting in the Sims without smart milk involves either an exchange when both parents work, or a stay at home parent.
  • TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    I have. But in three days. With at least one sim having a break from work. Couldn't the teens teach too? I think so, so that's another way you could do it.
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • Finbar659 wrote: »

Not all in one day, but yes. Before I knew about the mod to remove the weird glow, I wouldn't use smart milk because of the glow (I play a very vanilla style game). That said, once I found a mod to remove the glow... I've used smart milk ever since!

Parenting in the Sims without smart milk involves either an exchange when both parents work, or a stay at home parent.

Lol now i feel accomplished because my sims usually hire nannies to watch the kids and still get them aged up well :blush:
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member

Absolutely. I have actually never used the smart milk, and most of my toddlers get trained in all three. It takes a lot of sacrificing of needs, (I have had parents and toddlers alike pass out on the floor from exhaustion from binge-training lol) but it can be done!

Lol now i feel accomplished because my sims usually hire nannies to watch the kids and still get them aged up well :blush:

I rarely use nannies. I have one dysfunctional family with a lawyer mum and a CEO dad who were passionately in love with one another, and the kids were well... sort of a consequence :lol: They completely ignored their kids and let the nanny care for them. The one time the mum tried to potty train her tot, his needs were too low and he kept refusing to use it until he made a stinker. It was the first time I ever saw a parent and toddler build negative feelings for each other! In the end the kids turned out alright, with the middle kid sister keeping everyone at peace. The son grew up to be successful--ended up marrying his childhood sweetheart and running his own business. The youngest son (potty training disaster) never was fully potty trained or taught to walk or talk, he's a romance sim, an artist, and he dropped out of uni so he's not on speaking term with his parents (again). He painted his brother's wife (then girlfriend) in her lingerie and ended up getting whupped by his older brother for hanging her up along with his collection of gorgeous semi-dressed/nude women--because his "muses" are usually his lovers and he was always sweet on his brother's girlfriend (oh the drama). My gaming is on pause until I graduate, but to date, they are still not speaking with each other, so only the sister is his link to the family. I reckon things will work themselves out and I'm kind of hoping he'll become a famous artist while he's still alive. If not, he's going to suffer a lot and then be famous after he passes away, because I love his paintings and plan on making the persist in my game for generations :blush:
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

same here but I just named her bella..lol
    @keekee53
    I am saving the name Bella Goth for a daughter of Alexander. :)
    I could have given Mortimer's new baby daughter that name but new wife Nina might not have been impressed if her husband is still thinking of his first wife. ;)
    edited December 2016

I have only started getting my Sims to use smart milk in the last few years - I did try it once in the early days but the parent would not give the toddler it to drink - I realise now either her or the toddler could not have been at gold or platinum status must have been the reason. ;)

I have just played Brandi Broke who gave birth to twins and there was no possibility of any of her wants being satisfied (Fall in love and BFF with 3 others) to put her into gold or platinum status to make the smart milk for the boys. I made a mistake of sending teen Dustin off to college who could have helped and maybe prepared smart milk :(
    I could not use the re-energiser reward either for Brandi to keep her awake - I expect this might be regarded as a cheat even if I could? :(
    It was not until the third day, Brandi completed the 3 basics of Talk, Walk and be potty-trained for both the twins and one Nursery Rhyme (Beau did this), before I could get her to use the smart milk to teach a Nursery Rhyme to Joe.
    Here is hoping the twins Joe and Charlie grow up well! :)
    Post edited by LadysimPlayer8 on
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    @Finbar659 wrote: »

Sure. It's not too hard if you take the time given- 3 days- and not want to do it all in one day.
    There's also the thinking cap for the teacher and the energizer if the parent is tired.

I've played many Apocalypse challenges and it's easy with two parents or two parents and two grandparents or even one parent who doesn't work.
  • aavemyrskyaavemyrsky Posts: 143 Member
    I play on my partner's computer since I only have a laptop, and now that he bought a new one I lost my old legacy game file. I tried to restore them, but failed, and did not try again because the idea of a new legacy challenge was kind of intriguing... So, I started a new legacy challenge! My first heir has just grown into a child and I'm very excited. I have a day off today and I'm going to spend it playing The Sims 2...
  • MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    edited December 2016
    The presidential elections of Simland took place. These were the parties: (I made them all up except for the independant candidates)

Grand Party- Curtin
    Tern Party- Johnson
    Independant- Poor, Western, Herman, Smitsern

*By the way, all of my elections are done through a randomizer app on my phone. I'll put each of there names in and hit "random" 20 times, and each time there name pops up thats 1 vote toward them.*

Lets just say it was down to Cassandra Herman, the retired politician who runs the orphanage in "The Country", and Betty Johnson, the lady who ran for leader of the Suburbs 4 times and lost every one of them.

Out of 10 votes, it was Johnson 6 and Herman 4. Betty Johnson won! The first president of Simland was now elected. I say she was 44 years old, since she was 10 days till elder and elders start off at 54 days old.

She was a pretty good first president, she put grocery stores in all of the cities, helped build up "The Cheap" and helped out the residents in it get better jobs and more money, even letting some of their children get into private schools. (I pretty much just said her going to work as mayor everyday was her "Acting as president" for the day, and then I might of had her email some people in her office after she got home and then the rest was just any other day.)

She was able to have two more children while in office. She stepped down at the age of 55 after the death of her beloved husband, Adam who died at the age of 69.

14 sim days in office, not very long, but it was really fun!

She remarried soon after, they moved back into an apartment in the Suburbs. I might move her into the "Home For The Elderly" soon, (its pretty much some huge palace with a bunch of activities where sims can live the rest of their days) but I'm not sure if I want that since she'd die without her kids, whom she loves spending time with.

After she resigned, Bellatrix Smitsern, a young 34 year old woman who comes from a rich background in "The Capital" won the office against Skylar Curtin, (who happens to be the ex husband of Betty Johnson)

More updates to come!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top