Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do I bother? TS4 is still utterly boring. Even 3 Ep's in. SHAME.

Seriously, I love the sims. I keep coming back for more pack after useless empty pack.
Without the family play I crave, TS4 lacks even after 3 EP's and endless c,, 0rap packs
I cannot just play with the 2 life stages given. Not after experiencing all of what the other Sims games offered. Toddlers, Teens (with teen heights/ attitudes/voices/acne and age related clothing)
Super Naturals! I miss Vampires, Plant Sims, Werewolves I hear TS3 had Mermaids?! Pets, Weather!
I don't feel as I can wait any longer for these things.
The only thing I enjoy now -in game- is changing the random townies the game generates... Because they are all named Acrab Habab Ashulm or something that rhymes with that. Everyone with dark skin and red eyes and CC hair.
Why Not follow the format that has worked for years?
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I just try to keep in mind that Sims 2 and 3 didn't have all those things in the first two years, either. Sims 4 is on a bit of a slower schedule it seems, but we may get more than the standard 4 years for EPs and such.

It looks like vampires are coming really soon, based on evidence found in the game code. I'm really excited for that. I'm also hoping for toddlers, improved teens, witches and magic, pets, and cars. There's other things I miss like interests, the attraction system, and zodiac signs. University would be nice to have again, too.

I can't play Sims 3 anymore because my computer can't deal with it and I spend more time troubleshooting than playing. I tried to go back to Sims 2 a few months back but couldn't get into it due to the limited CAS, outdated graphics, and lame Sim AI ( and by this I mean, yes they were situationally aware and reacted to things nicely, but they'll also sit in the hot tub all day, can't route anywhere to save their lives, and other such nuisances). I enjoyed playing with toddlers again briefly but they weren't enough for me to get over the other shortcomings.

So, I have what fun I can have with Sims 4 and eagerly await more content. I'm not ready to call this game a loss, not unless they go another two years and don't release anything worth its salt.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Good question OP... they could just add EP's which worked in previous series.. and then add something new... I still wait for the Seasons.. and I still wait for my biggest fear to come true - Seasons will be limited somehow... ehh.... wish they would change their strategy from the beginning.. and wish they would work on sims 4 longer and make this game epic..
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    edited December 2016
    OP-here are some fun websites you can go to whenever you get bored of Sims 4: Seventh Sanctum( a site of different game generaters), Doll Divine(a virtual doll dress-up site), Neopets, PowerPets, Subeta Pets, Deviant Art, and IMVU. I frequently use these sites whenever I get bored with Sims 4. If you like online shopping, you could shop and find fun things on Etsy or Amazon. If you have a Facebook account, there are really fun games such as Diner Life, Mouse Hunt and Flower Shop that you could play.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    OP-here are some fun websites you can go to whenever you get bored of Sims 4: Seventh Sanctum( a site of different game generaters), Doll Divine(a virtual doll dress-up site), Neopets, PowerPets, Subeta Pets, Deviant Art, and IMVU. I frequently use these sites whenever I get bored with Sims 4. If you like online shopping, you could shop and find fun things on Etsy or Amazon. If you have a Facebook account, there are really fun games such as Diner Life, Mouse Hunt and Flower Shop that you could play.

Sounds like the free version of S4. :)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    TS4 will never become a game for family players. So you should probably just go back to TS3 or accept that TS4 is a different Sims game for simmers who like easy, simple and happy gameplay about partying and autonomous multitasking. Or you should just wait for TS5 to be released :)
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    TS4 will never become a game for family players. So you should probably just go back to TS3 or accept that TS4 is a different Sims game for simmers who like easy, simple and happy gameplay about partying and autonomous multitasking. Or you should just wait for TS5 to be released :)

this is true. i've waited for something for family players but i accepted that there's never going to be anything for us. i've since moved back to ts3 and so have many others. :)
    I could NEVER go back to TS3-all the bugs,glitches, freezing,lagging and crashes was a game-breaker for me, and my computer back then was the newest model that ran S1, a Disney roller coaster simulator AND a Star Wars screen saver all without problem,and I still had lots of room left for more games. I'll probably go back to S1 if S4 doesn't start showing more promise soon. To me,S1 was the BEST version ever,and I hope EA re-releases it one day.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I could NEVER go back to TS3-all the bugs,glitches, freezing,lagging and crashes was a game-breaker for me, and my computer back then was the newest model that ran S1, a Disney roller coaster simulator AND a Star Wars screen saver all without problem,and I still had lots of room left for more games. I'll probably go back to S1 if S4 doesn't start showing more promise soon. To me,S1 was the BEST version ever,and I hope EA re-releases it one day.

sarcasm? :/
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Astro wrote: »

sarcasm? :/

@VirtualPets65 - definitely this ^^
    Why would I be sarcastic? Just because Sims 3 runs good on one person's computer doesn't mean it's going to run good on everyone's computers. I had uninstalled S3 back them and gone back to S1,and never touched S3 again. If S4 doesn't start showing improvement soon, then it will also be uninstalled and not touched again.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Why would I be sarcastic? Just because Sims 3 runs good on one person's computer doesn't mean it's going to run good on everyone's computers. I had uninstalled S3 back them and gone back to S1,and never touched S3 again. If S4 doesn't start showing improvement soon, then it will also be uninstalled and not touched again.

@VirtualPets65 - I think it's because you said it was the newest model that ran S1, plus some other games. Sims 3 came out 9 years after S1, so of course, you'd have all things as you described above.
    edited December 2016
    I just remembered something...S3 came with something called Securom, and I recall hearing about how it messed up peoples' computers. Could it of been Securom that was causing problems with S3?
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited December 2016
    I just remembered something...S3 came with something called Securom, and I recall hearing about how it messed up peoples' computers. Could it of been Securom that was causing problems with S3?

Wasn't that 2?

Maybe Sims 3 has it as well, have no idea. It plays fine for me.

That was Sims 2 when Bon Voyage was released. Sims 3 promised to never use this abomination again.
    edited December 2016

Wasn't that 2?

Sims 3 uses a different version of SecuROM. SecuROM was developed by Sony and there are several different versions of it for many different games. Some are simply serial code related. Others are more aggressive. The version introduced with Bon Voyage for S2 was the most destructive and intrusive version ever introduced. It was to the point where it rendered many people's machines useless and unusable. Many were noticeably affected by it, myself included.

When EA introduced Sims 3, they assured us they were no longer using that destructive version. They did not lie. I do not miss those days at all. Many expenditures and time lost troubleshooting why the machine I paid good money for was rendered useless are not missed at all.

Sadly, due to my locale, I was exempt from the class action lawsuit. I have not forgotten though. It still leaves a sore spot with me.
    edited December 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »

That was Sims 2 when Bon Voyage was released. Sims 3 promised to never use this abomination again.
    Exactly! :)
    I didn't buy Bon Voyage for the same reason and it wasn't in TS3. TS3 only had serial number copy protection. See https://stupidevilbastard.com/2009/03/ea_goes_back_to_serial_number_copy_protection_for_the_sims_3/
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am sorry to see that you are disapointed OP but I think that it has gotten to the stage now that if TS4 is not doing it for you now, then I don't think that it will do it ever

As for TS3, we are taking in more new and returning players each day ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    As far as I recall, only the downloadable version of TS3 through Origin uses DRM. The disc versions don't.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member

Wasn't that 2?

Sims 3 uses a different version of SecuROM. SecuROM was developed by Sony and there are several different versions of it for many different games. Some are simply serial code related. Others are more aggressive. The version introduced with Bon Voyage for S2 was the most destructive and intrusive version ever introduced. It was to the point where it rendered many people's machines useless and unusable. Many were noticeably affected by it, myself included.

When EA introduced Sims 3, they assured us they were no longer using that destructive version. They did not lie. I do not miss those days at all. Many expenditures and time lost troubleshooting why the machine I paid good money for was rendered useless are not missed at all.

Sadly, due to my locale, I was exempt from the class action lawsuit. I have not forgotten though. It still leaves a sore spot with me.

Actually it was released with FreeTime or Apartment Life, not Bon Voyage. I can't remember which one. BV was the last SecuROM free EP for S2.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.

Wasn't that 2?

Actually it was released with FreeTime or Apartment Life, not Bon Voyage. I can't remember which one. BV was the last SecuROM free EP for S2.
    If you have Bon Voyage, H&M SP, Sims 2 Deluxe, Sims Ultimate Collection or newer expansions for TS2 then you have Securom. Only the original basegame and the first 5 EPs didn't have Securom. So Seasons was the last Securom free expansion for TS2.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the game OP. I do agree with some of your points.

I don't agree with "why not follow the format that's worked for years?" Statement for the simple reason that The Sims series has always changed with each iteration. The sims 3 was a drastic change from the sims 2 and I remember a lot of simmers at the time (and even now) couldn't get on board with it.

There was some similar expansions of course like seasons and university but the sims 3 had a lot of expansions that the sims 2 didn't have. For example showtime, into the future.

Now don't get me wrong there's lots of improvements I would like in the sims 4 but I don't want it to be a copy of the sims 3 and I don't think it could ever live up to the amazing game that is the sims 2. I have both the sims 2 and 3 and play them regularly, if the sims 4 was a copy of them I wouldn't buy it as I wouldn't need to as I have the best version already.

The sims 4 isn't my favourite game of the series but I do like it. It is worth remembering though we didn't get weather in the sims 3 until the game was three years old. Pets weren't also given to us early on in the series.
    I would love pets and seasons too but maybe I'm not as bothered about the lack of them because I play the sims 2 and 3 more?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims 1 broke my computer. True story. My daughter wanted to play, the game started to act strangely, she got impatient (gave a few ctrl-alt-deletes) and that was it. Irreparable, dragging along all our holiday pictures from that year with it down the drain. So yeah, different people, different computers, different experiences.
    5JZ57S6.png