Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    When Grimmy drinks water, he leaves huge black puddles. The first time, I didn't see him do it and assumed his bladder failed. But everytime he comes in (he has a key) he gets a glass of water and makes a puddle.
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    Did you know it , There is an UFO plant at the Love Festival.

0cnqr08z9xnb.jpg

Thank you!! That's the last plant I need to finish my collection!
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Pufferfish Nigiri is actually a GREAT way to make money in restaurants. It is only around 15 simoleons cheaper than the most expensive foods (space taco and lobster thermidor) and only requires 2/5 cooking skill compared to 5/5 for the others.

There may be an occasional death or two but it's still worth it ;)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    might be new with one of the latest patches?
    with testing cheats enabled you can shift click on other sims and make them change into one of their other outfits.
    Very handy with the weird outfit combos that can appear during festivals
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    I didn't know the tragic backstory of the Fashion District, I found it on a plaque at Myshuno Meadows:

"This painting is in memory of the meteor impact in the shirt factory and the ensuing incident with the giant lizard that turned the fashion district to rubble. Like the phoenix, the district has risen from the ashes and become a symbol of rebirth, with award-winning architecture and a vibrant festival scene."

Sounds like a SimCity reference. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    You can order the new crackers (that came with the Holiday update last week) on the computer.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Did you know it , There is an UFO plant at the Love Festival.

0cnqr08z9xnb.jpg

Thank you!! That's the last plant I need to finish my collection!

Very fine. Is it the same plant as we can find on Sixam?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello @Simsister2004 The UFO plant can be obtained by " exploring space" when in a rocket ship. It is not the plants that are found in Sixam. The Sixam plants are the glow orb, quill fruit and the fang flower (tentacle tree)
  • Options
    ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    I didn't know the tragic backstory of the Fashion District, I found it on a plaque at Myshuno Meadows:

"This painting is in memory of the meteor impact in the shirt factory and the ensuing incident with the giant lizard that turned the fashion district to rubble. Like the phoenix, the district has risen from the ashes and become a symbol of rebirth, with award-winning architecture and a vibrant festival scene."

Those gat dang lizards.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

Well that helps sort of explain why it's called the fashion district, besides the "high-trend fashion" that literally everyone is wearing.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Well I had never heard of the word 'Primp' - Def: spend time making minor adjustments to one's hair, make-up, or clothes. As in my sims can now spend time primping themselves up in front of the Vanity Mirror that comes in the new Vintage Glamor Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    After participating in a yoga class, my sim had the social interaction to "chat about yoga class". never seen it before
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    @Marley V I noticed this as well today! Lovely detail!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I was playing a new family in San Myshuno in their newly redecorated penthouse, when I looked next door and saw pigeons on the roof of the next building.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I just found out that what your sim can do with the globe that came with the Vintage Glamour SP appears to be trait related.

tumblr_ohslvrb7id1vz70oko1_540.png

So take the sim family I'm currently playing for example:

Dad is an evil, family oriented, genius and he can "ponder world domination"
    Mom is an active, romantic, family oriented sim and she can "view globe"
    Their twin boys are geniuses and they can "contemplate big picture" and "study globe"
    Their sister is creative and she can only "study globe"

I like this little attention to detail.

That's nice! Maybe they are finally making traits a bit more important and distinct now.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Simsister2004 The UFO plant can be obtained by " exploring space" when in a rocket ship. It is not the plants that are found in Sixam. The Sixam plants are the glow orb, quill fruit and the fang flower (tentacle tree)

Thank you rosemow. One of the many things I love about The Sims 4 is that we just need one "mad scientist" to travel the space, and then he can plant the special plants and let other sims harvest them. Well, I only have very few sims who like collecting but it's nice anyway.
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    Did you know that if you need some extra simoleons, the flea market can help! The furniture that's out for sale is priced cheaper than the catalog, but you can resell it at the full catalog price! My sims bought a sofa for something like $650 and then went home and sold it back for $1400. The profit margin on resold flea market furniture is huge. I now have my sims buy everything they can afford, and then just sell it all back when they get home.
  • Options
    I believe this is new since the patch (that seemed to add the "chat about yoga class" option as well. I got this automatic "Be Checked Up On By Waiter" interaction twice on my last date, once by my waitress and once by Eric here, who was the other waiter on staff.

WK3DqeI.png
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    edited December 2016
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    I believe this is new since the patch (that seemed to add the "chat about yoga class" option as well. I got this automatic "Be Checked Up On By Waiter" interaction twice on my last date, once by my waitress and once by Eric here, who was the other waiter on staff.

WK3DqeI.png

I got that, too! I was chatting with somebody on tumblr and said "Hey! I don't remember this being in there. The waitress just checked on my sims."

I was told that it's been there all along? I guess I just don't pay attention because I never remember seeing it before.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »

WK3DqeI.png

I got that, too! I was chatting with somebody on tumblr and said "Hey! I don't remember this being in there. The waitress just checked on my sims."

I was told that it's been there all along? I guess I just don't pay attention because I never remember seeing it before.

Yep it's been there the whole time.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Part of me thinks it was glitched out all this time and the recent patch fixed it, because I have regularly gone to restaurants since the day Dine Out came out and have never gotten this message, let alone twice.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Gabbryrose wrote: »
    Did you know that if you need some extra simoleons, the flea market can help! The furniture that's out for sale is priced cheaper than the catalog, but you can resell it at the full catalog price! My sims bought a sofa for something like $650 and then went home and sold it back for $1400. The profit margin on resold flea market furniture is huge. I now have my sims buy everything they can afford, and then just sell it all back when they get home.

Furniture appears to be ~25% cheaper at the Flea Market. The biggest saving I've seen was that Evil Eye chair from the Villain career. Price is normally 13k, but at the market it was 9.75k.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top