Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @egwarhammer

I asked about filling one motive recently,

You said to get the UI cheats Mod. Do I need this to use the cheat you told me about? (fillmotive motive_bladder)?

No. If you get the mod, it's a right-click to fill/empty thing. It's a very cool mod, does much more than just this. Just check it after each patch, it breaks.

If you don't want to install it, those cheats will work fine. I've used both. ;)
    Tarante11a wrote: »
    Cyclelegs wrote: »

Hello @Tarante11a I am pleased you sought help for you pregnancy issue. We are here to help and will not judge you however the pregnancy happened - lol. It always makes me chuckle.

To remove the pregnancy: You need to have the MC enabled on the sim. This is the default setting and is found in 'Notification/Console/Menu Settings' tab on the PC menu.
    Click on the pregnant sim and open the MC Command UI. Click the MC Pregnancy Option. Select End Pregnancy.
    All done.

To turn off 'Random' pregnancies for played households: From a PC select the MC Command UI. MC Pregnancy - Pregnant Sim Selection - Bypass Played Households. That will stop MC generating pregnancies for your played households through the 'Random' Alarm that runs at Midnight on the selected day. You cannot turn off pregnancies that result from your direct actions with your Active Sim either through 'Risky WooHoo' or Try For A Baby.

Individual Sims can be marked not to become pregnant either by flagging with MC or by editing their settings in CAS. If you have questions on this please ask.

Hi there @Cyclelegs

Hee hee - you are so kind! I can stop being irritated with my plum irresponsible sims now.

Thank you very much for the help.

One small thing I wanted to add, here.

We now have the command, mccc jane doe that pops up the same Sim MC Menu you get if you click on them with Show Sim Menus enabled.

So if you've turned those menus off, it's a quick way to get to it, without having to change a setting.

Thanks from me too, @Cyclelegs :blush:
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks @StarlingGray and @Bonxie .

So, if I have the coresponding mod by coolspear (for annoying action), It would be better to disable the options in MC tuner modules.
    Words are soul's image

So, if I have the coresponding mod by coolspear (for annoying action), It would be better to disable the options in MC tuner modules.

If the annoying actions you want to turn off are supported by MC, I'd recommend letting it handle them, instead of another mod, yes.

However, it doesn't cover EVERYTHING people find annoying, and probably never will... "can of worms" stuff. Peel one off, another one surfaces.

I don't know what's covered by coolspear's mod(s). I'm running pretty mod-lite, right now (as in not many at all). If anything conflicts between his mods and MC, let me know, please? :)

• millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    @egwarhammer

Okay thank you I understand now.

I am having another issue though. Sorry. I can't open my MC command center all the sudden. All of my mods say they are running when I open the game, and the MC command center option is available on the computer, but when I click on it, it doesn't open. Is that because of the game update? Do I need to update my mods every time there is a game update?

Thanks again!
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2016
    @egwarhammer

I am having another issue though. Sorry. I can't open my MC command center all the sudden. All of my mods say they are running when I open the game, and the MC command center option is available on the computer, but when I click on it, it doesn't open. Is that because of the game update? Do I need to update my mods every time there is a game update?

Thanks again!

Please update to the current MCCC version. The files are labeled v3.0.3, but there were two smaller updates within this versioning. Download now the files to be sure to have the newest version. After installing it should look like this picture (link). Please note the file modification time stamps.

The v1.25 game patch released 12/01 broke the mod and caused errors like the ones you have.

And to answer your question: There are game updates which doesn't affect MC, so there is no common answer. Not every time a game patch is realeased there is also a need for a new MC version - but the probability is high that there will be an update.

Watch the MTS MC webpage or this discussion thread, at least @egwarhammer's signature. There will be update alerts all over the place. Difficult to miss ;)

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    @egwarhammer

Thanks again!

Well, it may be because of a MOD update, in this case.

Check your file dates for MC against the ones in this picture.

There were 2 updates to MC following the initial upload of 3.0.3. Probably you don't have the VERY latest files. (And if you use the extra part, grab it from the other site again, too.)

Yes, you need to check everything following a game patch... mods and cc too. (Kills me people think cc is so safe, it breaks just like mods do, for various reasons. Pet peeve.)

Everything doesn't always break. But peace of mind is worth a lot. If you check, you'll know.

If you redownload and reinstall MC, and it still doesn't work, go through the Troubleshooter PDF, or, go through the Troubleshooting section at MC's page. (Tip, what's there is covered *aka copy/pasted* toward the end of the PDF). ;)

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    @Bonxie

GMTA!!! (great minds think alike.) Same picture, too. Hahaha!!

Love you lots. <3

Yeah - astonishing. Your and my answer are almost identical.

Isn't this the trick twins allways do, when they are far apart? :)
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    BTW @Tarante11a and @Cyclelegs here's something I forgot to mention...

mccc jane doe gives you the ability to MC-edit any sim in your game (some, like ghosts, will have limited MC options available), whether your sim knows them or not. That's pretty epic.

As long as you know how to spell their name (get_pop s m will net you a list of all of them in your mc log file, for copy/paste goodness...), you can edit them using that command. It's handy! (All sims are either Single or Married. Nice roster.)
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member

If the annoying actions you want to turn off are supported by MC, I'd recommend letting it handle them, instead of another mod, yes.
    However, it doesn't cover EVERYTHING people find annoying, and probably never will... "can of worms" stuff. Peel one off, another one surfaces.

I don't know what's covered by coolspear's mod(s). I'm running pretty mod-lite, right now (as in not many at all). If anything conflicts between his mods and MC, let me know, please? :)

So, I have enabled on MCC all annoying option, but I have even the same action on mods by coolspear... nothing conflict, no exception file, no reset sims... The annoying action was cancelled (I don't know if by MCC or coolspear mod). 4 duplicate mods (cool + MC) behave as if they have edited different resources ...
    Words are soul's image
  • happyal1891happyal1891 Posts: 54 Member
    Question. I chose to show hidden households in Household Management, but I want to hide them again. Is this possible and how do I go about doing so? Thanks!
    Question. I chose to show hidden households in Household Management, but I want to hide them again. Is this possible and how do I go about doing so? Thanks!

It's a one-way street, UNLESS you can either roll back your save, or load an earlier copy from before you did it. There isn't any way using MC to re-hide unhidden sims. I don't have a link handy (just woke up, bleary still), but it's been asked before, and that's what Deaderpool said.

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    I am not sure if everyone knows this but an easy way of checking updates for MCC, or any other mods/cc that you have downloaded from Mod the Sims, is to open the My Links at the top right of the Mod the Sims page (after logging in). Choose My Downloads and it will produce a list of the mods and cc you have downloaded from the site. You can change the order displayed so that you can see any that you may not have updated. The page also provides a hyperlink to the mod you want so it is easy to grab the fresh files.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I know this is OT, but I also know @egwarhammer wont mind.

Alien Butler!
    Only with MC CMD :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    @EGWARHAMMER any issues with mc command with new update?
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    @EGWARHAMMER any issues with mc command with new update?

None REPORTED at MC (DP loaded it up, no errors), but I haven't actually looked for myself yet. Just got finished downloading the Glamour pack, and the patch, ditching my cache, and doing a repair (just in case thing).

Birthday visits/calls from family, and I slept pretty much all day, after a derailed school run.

Car started acting up again, I turned around about 10 minutes in, and we came back home. Not walking from across town, thanks. :smiley: I wouldn't walk ANYWAY, but it was cold and raining, and I was holding cars up already, because it wouldn't GO. So, no.

• CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    @egwarhammer A Happy Birthday. I have played with latest patch and Glamor Stuff, but not the butler. MC seems fine and I got no more glitches than I have been getting recently. No Last Exception or other errors reported. I still got the weird sims resetting and 'quivering' at ultra speed after woohoo. And the recipient of the woohoo request still remains nude afterwards even though my MC settings forbid it. The initiator of the woohoo always changes back into clothes.

I was well confused by the Vanity Dressing Table/Mirror. It asked what colour of makeup I wanted, which is well beyond my skill set to decide. Fun to watch though and got much better results than I would have done.
    I never play on anything besides normal speed. No clue on the ultra glitching.

Still haven't played, I've had my posting hat on for a bit.

As far as the game, I rolled a new one again the other day. To see how things come together NOW. I haven't played a LOT of it, still stuck at 11pm Sunday, I'm flagging for the midnight run. And making notes. About halfway through the flags, I'd come up with a list of things I wanted to do, sims to give jobs, active flags to set, etc... stuff.

Started off with all marked unplayed except Harley (cowboy hat girl), and I ran the relationship cheat on her to know everybody. 85 sims.

(Random... this is how my mind works... thought about how in the last game Jessminder was on track to have 3 babies, and this one she's only having a boy... I just changed the setting to give 2 babies per birth max, it was 3. LOL!)

My "list" (index card, old school here) got long, so I quit mid-flagging (got tired of doing the same thing...) and made a round, marking some played so they'll keep jobs, moving a few around the maps, setting ancestral flags, etc.

Some of them aren't home, so, they're incoming. I don't want to load a venue while I'm flagging what sims I HAVE, thanks. Don't need any more yet.

(I want a GO HOME button for Away sims.)

I slept about all day, those 10 nights in a row about did me in. (And do you know, Doris did come in Sunday, and when I saw her that night, she said NOBODY at work had talked to her ALL DAY??? That makes ME mad. Other than a couple of scheduling managers, and Donna, and ME... who ELSE was really affected enough by what she did/didn't do, to be in a position to develop an attitude with her over it??????? THEY didn't cover her hours, that was ALL ME, after the first night, which they didn't offer to me.)

Oops, sorry. But that's the postscript to the "where's Doris?" story. She WAS sick, and Somebody in MGT knew it, but like I said, communication blows where I work, and THEY threw Donna and me under a bus by not telling us *anything.* That's okay, they're paying me for 86 hours. <shrug> And I'm not mad at her, especially after finding out I was the first one to TALK to her.

People, huh? Wow. Holiday spirit at its finest. ( <<< Dripping sarcasm, that is...)

And then there was the Glamour thing, and the patch, and a game repair, and a "check mods" round... and now I'm here and still trying to get my head together. Hmm. Pepsi. :smiley: (Need MOAR, empty glass is not working for me.) :p

Sorry for the ramble, sometimes it's just like that, for me. Later I'll make more sense. I'm still not too awake yet, and there's been a lot going on today. LOL!

• MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    @egwarhammer thank you.
    Hubby made hamburgers. TY all for birthday wishes. Post to my wall apologized for being late, I said, I slept thru most of the daylight hours anyway, they aren't late. LOL!!

Here's something I wanted to share, if you liked the Go Home button idea, I posted it to the Ideas Corner category, here... me toos would be nice... :blush:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906731/a-go-home-map-button-for-away-sims

Eating still and The Voice is on... I might get to play SOMETIME tonight, but it's looking like "after while..." ;)

I'm up for the night, probably. I'll be around. Net is addictive.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hubby made hamburgers. TY all for birthday wishes. Post to my wall apologized for being late, I said, I slept thru most of the daylight hours anyway, they aren't late. LOL!!

Here's something I wanted to share, if you liked the Go Home button idea, I posted it to the Ideas Corner category, here... me toos would be nice... :blush:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906731/a-go-home-map-button-for-away-sims

Eating still and The Voice is on... I might get to play SOMETIME tonight, but it's looking like "after while..." ;)

I'm up for the night, probably. I'll be around. Net is addictive.

happy birthday eggy.
  • Zalera13Zalera13 Posts: 55 Member
    Soo I need some help as I'm a little slow apparently, lol. I don't think I've worked out the careers part of mc properly, as in the employment percentage stuff, I figured it was percentage as in 60 / 40 60 % are employed and 40% not but I don't see any change I still have loads of unemployed sims going around, some have lost their jobs also not sure how they managed that but whatever. Could someone please explain it to me. I have tried looking for answers on this but I couldn't find anything or anything that made it clearer anyway. Thanks in advance for any replies.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top