Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roaring Heights Sale?

Hi! Since I'm just getting back into Sims 3 from a long hiatus, I thought I'd try to snatch up everything that I could for the game and that includes all of the worlds. Seeing the various Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales going on, I noticed that Roaring Heights, as far as I could tell, didn't go on sale anywhere. I was curious if Roaring Heights ever went for 50% off or more as it's been a while since it was released.

Comments

• Options
    MISPLACEDditzMISPLACEDditz Posts: 6 New Member
    On the Store's main page one of the banners claims "New World Coming" or something to that effect in December, right above Roaring Heights. The town isn't new and I find it a little hard to believe that they've created another world for TS3 so I'm thinking its possible RH will become available for points rather than cash. Maybe wishful thinking but watch for it.
    I've never seen RH on sale anywhere either and given the reviews won't purchase at full price. Free sim points? Probably. But I'm for sure going to try for the rollercoaster before then just in case it becomes part of a gold edition that isn't available for individual sale.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Hi! Since I'm just getting back into Sims 3 from a long hiatus, I thought I'd try to snatch up everything that I could for the game and that includes all of the worlds. Seeing the various Black Friday and plum Monday sales going on, I noticed that Roaring Heights, as far as I could tell, didn't go on sale anywhere. I was curious if Roaring Heights ever went for 50% off or more as it's been a while since it was released.

Roaring Heights and Dragon Valley have both been on sale at least twice this year. In late spring Origin had a sale (Memorial Day weekend maybe) and both were 33% off. The gold versions too, which included the points. Later in the summer Origin had a 50% off everything sale to promote the new design of Origin's website and client program. You had to enter a checkout code which was promoted everywhere on the site. I got the gold versions of RH and DV at 50% at that sale.

I have no idea when RH will be on sale again. I think the only thing you can do is to check during conceivable sale times, I guess. Or visit the forums regularly; I found out about the ORIGIN50 sale from someone's post here.

I got the Boardwalk venue at 49% off on the Daily Deal. That's coming up again Dec. 2.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    On the Store's main page one of the banners claims "New World Coming" or something to that effect in December, right above Roaring Heights. The town isn't new and I find it a little hard to believe that they've created another world for TS3 so I'm thinking its possible RH will become available for points rather than cash. Maybe wishful thinking but watch for it.
    I've never seen RH on sale anywhere either and given the reviews won't purchase at full price. Free sim points? Probably. But I'm for sure going to try for the rollercoaster before then just in case it becomes part of a gold edition that isn't available for individual sale.

I wish that they would do this but I very much doubt it because once they sell a store world for money, then they can't change the way that it's brought. They put out Barnacle Bay and Hidden Springs out in the retail stores for real money and on the TS3 store site for simpoints but then they had to change the way they did the retail store worlds because of some law stating that if you sell anything that real money could buy, then they couldn't also sell it for virtual currency. So if they put a world out in the retail stores to be brought with real money, then they can't sell it for simpoints. And if there was a way for them to change it from real money to simpoints, then they would have to stop production on the physical copies of the world and make sure that there isn't anymore copies in the European stores to be sold but I highly doubt that EA would go through all that trouble just to be able to sell it for simpoints. But then again, it might be that so-called law that is keeping them from changing so no other retail store world has ever been changed to be brought with simpoints.

Must of the TS3 players who have RH all say that it's a good world to play in and that it's worth the price.

I don't have the world myself but would just love to have it as I think that it is real pretty and built pretty well. I do have the rollercoaster venue as it was a gift from someone on this site. I love the rollercoaster and I have even tried my hand at creating my very own rollercoaster venue to make Dragon Valley.

I wished that I had gotten RH in either 2014 when it was on the Black Friday sale for only $8 dollars but couldn't since we were on a very tight budget back then and it hasn't been on any of the Black Friday sales since then. I did see someone mention in another thread or their wall that they were able to get the world because someone in their family had gifted them the EA cash cards that you can either redeem for simpoints or use them on the Origin store to buy games with. So I might do that one day or I could redeem my Microsoft Bing points for 4-5 $5 Amazon.com cards to redeem at Amazon, but the only problem I have with that I that I have to provide a phone number when redeeming them on the Microsoft page and I refuse to give them my home number since I don't own a cell phone. Maybe once I am able to get me a cell phone, then I would use that number to get my Microsoft rewards with.

• Options
    Vgrace573Vgrace573 Posts: 29 Member
    TreyNutz, thank you, THANK YOU for the Dec. 2nd tip. Been wanting that roller coaster for a long time. I was prepared to park my rump on DD all day but went online at 5:30 and there it was! You're awesome!
    Also hope I didn't offend anyone if I seemed disrespectful of RH. Others opinions on a different site, not mine.
    Last to lisasc360, I've had a tracphone for years. Lost one, dropped one in the toilet and swapped one for a camera model. (mistake as I can't figure out how to use the thing). The phones are super cheapies but none of them have ever broken (on their own...the toilet mis-adventure was all on me) and it cost me 20 to keep it in service every 3 months if you're doing little or no talking. Not a problem here as there's rarely a signal. But they work fine for those places that insist on a phone and/or text number. I know that $10-20 is sometimes impossible to lay out but a burner may be an option for you.
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »

Roaring Heights and Dragon Valley have both been on sale at least twice this year. In late spring Origin had a sale (Memorial Day weekend maybe) and both were 33% off. The gold versions too, which included the points. Later in the summer Origin had a 50% off everything sale to promote the new design of Origin's website and client program. You had to enter a checkout code which was promoted everywhere on the site. I got the gold versions of RH and DV at 50% at that sale.

I have no idea when RH will be on sale again. I think the only thing you can do is to check during conceivable sale times, I guess. Or visit the forums regularly; I found out about the ORIGIN50 sale from someone's post here.

I got the Boardwalk venue at 49% off on the Daily Deal. That's coming up again Dec. 2.

Thank you for the insight. I picked up the Boardwalk venue during the Daily Deal so that I didn't have to try and get the Gold version of Roaring Heights. I will cross my fingers and hope that the world goes on sale around Christmas -- failing that, some time in the near future.
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I wished that I had gotten RH in either 2014 when it was on the Black Friday sale for only $8 dollars but couldn't since we were on a very tight budget back then and it hasn't been on any of the Black Friday sales since then. I did see someone mention in another thread or their wall that they were able to get the world because someone in their family had gifted them the EA cash cards that you can either redeem for simpoints or use them on the Origin store to buy games with. So I might do that one day or I could redeem my Microsoft Bing points for 4-5 $5 Amazon.com cards to redeem at Amazon, but the only problem I have with that I that I have to provide a phone number when redeeming them on the Microsoft page and I refuse to give them my home number since I don't own a cell phone. Maybe once I am able to get me a cell phone, then I would use that number to get my Microsoft rewards with.

$8? :open_mouth: Now that would be nice to see again.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    @SweetJealousy Origin is having a 30% off sale. Last time they did something similar it was 50% off and I got the gold versions of RH and DV at the sale price. The gold version of each should come with 1900 points (which isn't a bad discount). Which you can spend on anything on the Store.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906968/origin-30-off#latest
  • Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    I got Roaring Heights for "free" by farming Bing points. There's an idea if you want to do that. Problem is... I bought it with Amazon gift cards that you could theoretically spend on anything. That said, Amazon usually matches Origin's sales. I'm currently waiting to see if Origin will have some type of holiday sale on Monte Vista and plan to do the same for it if that happens.
  • Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    PS> Just realized my comment must sound dumb, but if you have to use a code for the origin sale, Amazon doesn't seem to match it.