May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ummmm what the plum is this?

okie i was playing my sims game and i went to my household inventory and well i found this in my inventory???
ummm_by_starsharmony-daqktd3.png
like why was there ashes in my household inventory??? my sim isn't a klepo at all and i started this world yesterday and started playing around with it today since i had time, i checked another save and there was no ashes? is the game telling me something? did my sim kill a vampire or something when she was at work? o3o
8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu

Comments

• Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    I have no idea lol
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    Were you maybe playing around with buy debug? Maybe you accidentally put the ashes down thought you deleted them but really placed them in ur household inventory?
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited December 2016
    Did you have a fire in the house? Sometimes some items leave piles of ashes behind when they burn completely that you can clean up.

Perhaps this sudden ability to collect them is part of the new occult code stuff that's been in for the potential vampires?
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Were you maybe playing around with buy debug? Maybe you accidentally put the ashes down thought you deleted them but really placed them in ur household inventory?

no i wasn't playing with debug mode ;3; nothing burned either
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Did you have a fire in the house? Sometimes some items leave piles of ashes behind when they burn completely that you can clean up.

Perhaps this sudden ability to collect them is part of the new occult code stuff that's been in for the potential vampires?

no no fire at all that i know of i usually pause or let them go to work. maybe about the potential vampires i never seen it before :oc
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    Did you stop the game whilst one of your Sims was carrying the rubbish out?
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If you cannot find any logical explanation for this it might be worth notifying one of the gurus; it could be part of a larger issue.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Did you stop the game whilst one of your Sims was carrying the rubbish out?

no she wasn't she was looking at a nutcracker
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    If you cannot find any logical explanation for this it might be worth notifying one of the gurus; it could be part of a larger issue.

may thats a good idea
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    Did your Sim move into a house that at one time was used for a crime scene? I used to get these because for a year or so the game wasn't cleaning up the damaged lots that were used by the detective career. So, if my Sim moved into a house where these investigations had taken place I would get ashes, dirt on the floors and have graffiti still outside etc. Even from the neighborhood if you passed by you could still see it all. But haven't played a detective in months so don't know if the game still doesn't have a clean up system to clean up these lots.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Did your Sim move into a house that at one time was used for a crime scene? I used to get these because for a year or so the game wasn't cleaning up the damaged lots that were used by the detective career. So, if my Sim moved into a house where these investigations had taken place I would get ashes, dirt on the floors and have graffiti still outside etc. Even from the neighborhood if you passed by you could still see it all. But haven't played a detective in months so don't know if the game still doesn't have a clean up system to clean up these lots.

im not sure to be honest i didn't see anything wrong with the house that could be a possibility
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Your sim was hungry and her neighbor had burgers. What's a sim s'pos to do?
  • Options
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Your sim was hungry and her neighbor had burgers. What's a sim s'pos to do?

lol weirder stories i guess
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

im not sure to be honest i didn't see anything wrong with the house that could be a possibility

In one of my saves a long time ago, one of those cheaper houses had dirty floors, but nothing else. Because I had evicted the family (they had been part of crime) and later moved in Donna Noble. She had to spend a lot of time cleaning up dirt from the crime scene. Also, a Sim during a crime saw a Sim die at the crime (but I wasn't play that Sim that day) and he got ashes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

In one of my saves a long time ago, one of those cheaper houses had dirty floors, but nothing else. Because I had evicted the family (they had been part of crime) and later moved in Donna Noble. She had to spend a lot of time cleaning up dirt from the crime scene. Also, a Sim during a crime saw a Sim die at the crime (but I wasn't play that Sim that day) and he got ashes.

lol i guesss it is weirder stories then lol XD
  • Options
    elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    In the spirit of the holiday season, I'd say that's what naughty Sims get placed in their inventories instead of toys. :p
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Merry Christmas, it's your gift :p

LOL! Yeah, Santa was easy on you, he gave you ashes instead of coal to soften the impact! Lol
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Happens to my households every now and then as well.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,686 Member
    Maybe your sim murdered another and those were their ashes. :tongue:
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Maybe your sim murdered another and those were their ashes. :tongue:

🐸🐸🐸🐸 maybe another yandere sim strikes again *insert evil laugh here*
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited December 2016
    Watch out theres a yandere on the lose :D
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I had some appear in my family inventory as well... along with lots of dirty plates... lol. I just figured they were ashes from the fire pit because we just got back from camping. I just deleted them.
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    I had some appear in my family inventory as well... along with lots of dirty plates... lol. I just figured they were ashes from the fire pit because we just got back from camping. I just deleted them.

Bags of ashes appeared in my family's inventory this morning also. My sims have had no fires in the apartment. I could delete them.

• Options
    im glad to know im not the one that is having this problem