Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Just so you are all aware, the winners have been announced over on our facebook page and our twitter account.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2016
    CHALLENGE #: 57 - Hipster Loft Apartment
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Boho Industrial Flat
    LOT COST: 6,681
    BUILD COST: 39,000
    TOTAL COST: 45,681 (Exact amount!!!)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went with a bright industrial look with some boho touches here and there. This two-bedroom apartment comes with a bathroom, a small kitchen, a living area with an area for painting, a veranda, and a computer nook. I'm not very familiar with this style, but I'm glad it turned out well.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

DK8LxdP.png
    uVer6NT.png
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Hi everyone!

Is there an easy way to save my apartment (I used 19 Culpepper) as a room after it's already built? I only found a tutorial explaining how to make it a single room before building... but I'm struggling a bit now it's finished and I didn't know it could't be uploaded as it is to the gallery.
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 57 - Hipster Loft Apartment
    FORUM ID: Don_Oello
    ORIGIN ID: Don_Oello
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Pepper Industries
    LOT COST: 6681
    BUILD COST: 38989
    TOTAL COST: 45670
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/kUnqG
    ENTRY DETAILS: Pepper Industries was once a warehouse in the spices district of San Myshuno, now it's converted to a 2 bed/1 bath apartment with a boho vibe. some bits needs tlc though like some bits of wall and the balcony

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A just realtor Archie Tect playtesting

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: Lot is saved as a room for placement in San Myshuno

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    cxYmfNK.png
    36VUgxK.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Wildling this link was attached in the brief and I found it very helpful. Don't forget the wall by the balcony so the balcony is included as part of the room.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/902379/tutorial-how-to-share-apartments-in-the-gallery-for-the-upcoming-city-life
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    folala wrote: »
    @Wildling this link was attached in the brief and I found it very helpful. Don't forget the wall by the balcony so the balcony is included as part of the room.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/902379/tutorial-how-to-share-apartments-in-the-gallery-for-the-upcoming-city-life

Thanks you for the help :)
    This is the tutorial I mentioned... my apartment is already built, I already tried removing the walls but they are still separate rooms. I'll have to find another way. But thank you!

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    @Wildling if you delete one portion of the wall, then drag the wall to meet, then it will show as a room. Do this on all of the ones until it all shows as one room. Of course you've got to re-paint the one section of the wall, etc :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited November 2016
    Wildling wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Is there an easy way to save my apartment (I used 19 Culpepper) as a room after it's already built? I only found a tutorial explaining how to make it a single room before building... but I'm struggling a bit now it's finished and I didn't know it could't be uploaded as it is to the gallery.

Thanks to all you super helpful forum members, @Wildling has this helped? And don't forget, you don't technically have to upload your entry for it to be valid.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge #57 - Hipster Loft Apartment is now officially closed, #58 will be posted soon :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #58 - The Second Sister - Journye

Your phone beeps, startling you out of the creative trance you were in. It beeps again from somewhere within the clutter scattered over your drafting table. Frantically, you toss things around until you locate the offensive object.

A notice flashes on the screen: Phone conference with Journye. You let out the annoyed sigh that only an interrupted artist can understand, before dialing the number.

A highly annoyed female voice greets you by name against the backdrop of a series of bangs and slams.

“Journye?” You ask, hesitantly.

“Yeah. Hows it going?” She says amiably, before grunting. There’s the sound of something breaking.

“I’m fine…Is this a bad time?”

“No. Its fine. We’re just setting up for a concert tonight. Sorry about the noise.”

“It sounds like you’re in a warzone.”

“Really? You’re doing this now?” comes the acerbic British voice of one of the other sisters, Sarah.

Journye says “If I don’t, Rosie will kill me.”

Theres a sharp cry in the back ground, then a series of loud cracks. “🐸🐸🐸🐸. Can I call you back in 5?”

“Um…sure.”

Its closer to 15 before she calls you back again, sounding a little breathless.

“Sorry. Ah, one of the stagehands hurt himself.” The noise has dropped considerably.

“Its not a problem. So what can I do for you Journye?”

“Well, I need a place. My wife and her business partner are coming into town. Lily’s gonna take over my old room at Gunk’s for a while. But Rosie and I need a place to live. It would be nice if I could have it close to Gunk’s, next door or across the street. Something that’s a short run or walk since we rehearse at her place. Need at least 2 rooms. Pretty. Rosie’s more girly than I am. Former cheerleader, fashion designer, nutritionist, likes pink… So, I need a place to hang out away from the girly stuff and she needs a place to work on her fashion stuff. I’m not exactly a homemaker, or whatever the word is, like her. Decent kitchen. Really nice master suite.” Journye sounds like shes at a bit of a loss. “Um, good security system, fenced back yard…”

Sympathetically, you say “She didn’t give you much direction did she?”

“No. I’d have dumped it on her if she wasn’t busy getting ready to move her and Lily’s store out here.” The tortured sound in Journye’s voice moves you to suggest something you normally wouldn’t.

“Would you like me to decide on the details for you? Then we can change things out if she doesn’t like it.”

“If I wasn’t already married, I’d marry you.” she says with relief clear in her voice. In the background someone calls out something. “Ive got to go. Thanks!”

“Wait! Whats my budget?”

“Oh. Um, 45?” Then the line goes dead.

Requirements:

Budget 45,000 (to include build cost plus lot cost)
    2 or more bedrooms
    Nice master suite
    Get away room for Journye
    Work room for Rosie

Sim Challenge:

Show Journye’s reaction to her new home.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 58 - The Second Sister - Journye
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS58

The deadline for this challenge is 7th December 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    So, I decided to make my home an apartment (pretty much because I didn't enter on time for the last challenge) so do I have to put the fenced in backyard?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2016
    2 or more bedrooms
    Nice master suite

Does this mean that there should be at least 3 bedrooms? Or does it mean that there should be like 1 bedroom and the master suite?

Edit: Any specific lot size required?
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    So, I decided to make my home an apartment (pretty much because I didn't enter on time for the last challenge) so do I have to put the fenced in backyard?
    The fenced in backyard is not a requirement of the brief, it's what Journye would like, so it's up to you @SyddyB206 :)

pronterus wrote: »
    Does this mean that there should be at least 3 bedrooms? Or does it mean that there should be like 1 bedroom and the master suite?
    Edit: Any specific lot size required?
    There must be two or more bedrooms, the master suite will be one of these @pronterus and no specific lot required, this is your choice :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2016
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE 57 - Hipster Loft Apartment

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member

FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LOT: House Of The Ages
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 42,718
    TOTAL COST: 44,718
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/l4Jdc
    ENTRY DETAILS: This house is very pink. The landscaping is great. There are 2 bedrooms. One bedroom is a master bedroom. The other is a beautiful guest bedroom. There are two bathrooms. One connected to the master bedroom, The other bathroom is just a normal bathroom. Niv=ce small backyard area with a basketball hoop. Nice kitchen.

SIM: I use a lot of Custom Content, so the gallery website decides it doesn't want to find my cc stuff. If you go to the gallery in the game and search 'Journye Lark' you'll find her.
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/yRMwI
    ENTRY DETAILS: Journye's asperation is Party Animal. Her traits are Outgoing, Creative, and Self-Assured.

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Miss Paraply Anto Synasty Recolors
    Alf-Si Eyebrows 09
    Screaming Mustard Fiona Eyeshadow
    Autumn Matte Lip Collection By MAC
    toksik kaliah blouse
    simpliciarty Skinny Ripped Black Jeans
    Kenzar Agronos Eyeshadow
    bukovka female halter romper
    madlen barbana shoes
    kylie lip kit mattes
    kijiko eyelash extension
    SLL hoodie short sleeves
    trillyke black skinnies
    MsBlue Lauruna Skin
    Sim Blob Sentate Kitty Jumper
    Callie V Cute Animal Knickers
    Plain Boho Romper by Trillyke
    Madlen Dalmatia Shoes
    Kenzar Lorac Pro Palette
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: N/A
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    edited November 2016
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE 57 - Hipster Loft Apartment

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @BuildnShare I am a little confused, does the house need a lot of pink because Rosie loves pink? Or because Journye doesn't want it to be too girly, the pink has to be restricted to their bedroom and Rosie's work area?

Sorry, I just want to make sure I understood correctly.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member

Rosie’s more girly than I am. Former cheerleader, fashion designer, nutritionist, likes pink… So, I need a place to hang out away from the girly stuff and she needs a place to work on her fashion stuff.

I took the above to mean that the home itself was to be more to Rosie's taste, with a non-pink room/retreat for Journye to hide out in. But that's just my take...

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @FaithofKaela Thanks for your help. That's what I thought as well. I'm making a pink house at the moment, but I just want to make sure.
    My house is done and shared on the Gallery, just need to take those pesky pictures and then I can post the entry form.
    edited December 2016

FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LOT: I Dream of Pink
    GALLERY LINK:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D0396E07B76F11E68F3D4D60CAC603EE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:43,498
    BUILD COST:1,500
    TOTAL COST: 44,998
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/ORu3H

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to make a two storey, cottage style house in Windenburg for Rosie and Journye to live in. The exterior is pink and white and the main colours of the first floors are pink and a little bit of purple. The second floor is a bit more neutral because it's where Journye's room is and also the guest room and extra bathroom.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes,, please. Thank you:)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES
    GgZFcJK.png
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: Limoncello
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 42,998
    TOTAL COST: 44,998
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/ktg6e
    ENTRY DETAILS: Lemon fresh exteriors with fenced in rear garden and getaway area for Journye with seating and workout equipment. Front patio areas with bar, seating and dining. Pink inspired interiors with a work room for Rosie.

ENTRY DETAILS:

ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

kFDyKvW.png

JsrKLEc.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited December 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/963F842BBB3D11E686325C5AFD49DBA5?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=rosies retreat&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 42, 994
    TOTAL COST: 44, 994
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHskMXnMFm
    ENTRY DETAILS: I built a fairly traditional home but with an open living/kitchen/dining area. I thought that as they have their own rooms to get away to it would be nice to have an open everyday living area to spend time together. Rosies office and Journyes den are upstairs along with the guest bedroom and the living areas and master bedroom/ensuite are downstairs.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: b5k5dg.png
    Morning all! This morning sees challenge #58 come to a close, #59 should be up shortly.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #59 - The Hawthorne Project - Phase 2

“I can’t believe it’s been three months since I met Ms Hawthorne” You think to yourself as you open the email from The Hawthorne Legacy on your laptop. You still had Rose sitting in the foyer being her ultra efficient self, now, the foyer looks a little like a bomb site, with papers and folio’s littering most of the surfaces.

“I really miss Rose. But I must find a replacement soon, or this place is going to start losing clients.” You ruminate on this as you read the email.

Hi, my name is Karl Hedges, I saw a flyer for the Hawthorne Project and had to email in for my sister, Julia. She is new to the area and is stuck in a small one room apartment in a shady area of town. It’s a shame she’s so much of a loner, she barely leaves her apartment. She deserves better than this, I would love to help her myself, but my husband was recently made redundant and we have three wonderful children to support. She moved here to be closer to us and I feel just awful that things haven’t turned out as planned. We were planning on building an annexe to our home for her to live in, so that I could return to work as a Personal Assistant. Julia is a nanny, she is so family oriented, we were going to provide room and board for her services. I have attached a link to her Simpinterest account so that you can see the sort of décor ideas she has.

You click the link and you are taken to a page that shows a real love of shabby chic, lots of baby pinks and blues and creams. This girl has taste you think to yourself. As you continue to browse Julia’s Pins you notice that there are lots of Yoga poses and clothing, as well as healthy recipes. You continue to read the rest of Karl’s email.

She doesn’t know that I am doing this for her, she is quite proud and would hate to think that she was being given ‘charity’, but I want her to be safe and have a home she can love. Everyone deserves at least that. She is so cheerful about her situation, insisting that something will turn up.

Thanks for taking the time to read this email and I really hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Karl Hedges

This is perfect, you think to yourself, you start up your design programme and start beavering away on ideas for your new project.

Brief:

A 1 or 2 bedroom home, you have free reign on how the house is built, landscaped, laid out etc.
    Must include: a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, at least one piece of fitness equipment and a book case.
    The budget must not exceed $30,000.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Julia Hedges from the information provided in the brief.

CHALLENGE #: 59 - The Hawthorne Project - Phase 2FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS59

The deadline for this challenge is 21st December 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top