Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    It's sad that the title of this thread is still relevant. The game has been out for 2 years and nothing has change. tsk tsk tsk
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    It's sad that the title of this thread is still relevant. The game has been out for 2 years and nothing has change. tsk tsk tsk

Well I heard there is a new SP coming. Vintage Glamour Stuff or something. Looks really good in the promotional screen shots but it is still 'party related' somewhat.

No vintage toddlers or kid stuff obviously. I do wonder when they run out of ideas for party stuff though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Well I heard there is a new SP coming. Vintage Glamour Stuff or something. Looks really good in the promotional screen shots but it is still 'party related' somewhat.

No vintage toddlers or kid stuff obviously. I do wonder when they run out of ideas for party stuff though

Kids can use the two new gameplay objects, they can try to apply makeup with the vanity, they can spin the globe bar, we saw it in the trailer. And they have new CAS for them too.
  • Cathound01Cathound01 Posts: 69 Member

@king_of_simcity7 how is it party related?
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    @Cathound01 I think it's just how they advertise the pack: "Oh! Have a drink! Colorful drink! With friends! Pretty dresses and suits to wear! More fancy modern stuff looks fancy! Zoom in on happy partying sims!"
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
    @Cathound01 I think it's just how they advertise the pack: "Oh! Have a drink! Colorful drink! With friends! Pretty dresses and suits to wear! More fancy modern stuff looks fancy! Zoom in on happy partying sims!"

That seems to be how they advertise everything these days. I see nothing wrong with Sims having a good time but a lot of players would rather see something else other than just partying all the time
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    That seems to be how they advertise everything these days. I see nothing wrong with Sims having a good time but a lot of players would rather see something else other than just partying all the time

It's a life simulation game that strictly simulates the life of socialites and party-goers, apparently. (Thankfully most real life humans have a lot more depth than that.) And it's not just that the game is lacking the bits that keep the human race going (pro-creating and informed life stages) but there's also v little in the game in the way of careers too. We have jobs but most of them seem slightly grand. There are astronauts and secret agents and social media gurus but not teachers or firefighters or babysitters or grocery store clerks or counselors? Things that are integral to a community. I am happy we have doctors in-game now and we're able to follow them to that job - that feels rewarding - but I would like far more of that.

Remember when we had to impress the headmaster in order to get our young simmies into a good school? It involved cooking a lovely dinner and impressing him with the house and one's skills. I miss that. I miss feeling like, as the player, I will have doomed my child sim to a unremarkable life by not getting them into an over-priced educational facility. It was hilarious and fun and felt deep. It was something that felt, so far as pixels go, important. Something we're not at all getting because we're bombarded with superficial social outings that leave us with nothing lasting once we've taken our sims home and put them to bed.
    I remember the headmaster, and I don't miss it at all. I didn't find the little mini-game fun at all, it was boring and repetitive, just invite him, make the tour, have dinner, talk. Rinse and repeat with all my families. It never felt important to me, just boring.

I wish they expand school in TS4, I would like to customize schools, choose the uniforms, the time tables, some admission criteria, active school or an active teaching career, a whole education system from kindergarten to college, but I sure hope the headmaster's invitation won't come back.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I remember the headmaster, and I don't miss it at all. I didn't find the little mini-game fun at all, it was boring and repetitive, just invite him, make the tour, have dinner, talk. Rinse and repeat with all my families. It never felt important to me, just boring.

I wish they expand school in TS4, I would like to customize schools, choose the uniforms, the time tables, some admission criteria, active school or an active teaching career, a whole education system from kindergarten to college, but I sure hope the headmaster's invitation won't come back.

To each their own, I think you're probably not alone in that as it was ultimately removed in TS3. I quite liked the challenge of it though. But I do agree customizable schools and such would be interesting. I think I would be so overwhelmed by the idea of choosing what is taught (or not taught) at a school as I find myself being a task master when it comes to the rearing of young pixels. It would also be nice if it went hand in hand with a better version of City Living's politician career. Imagine running for a position on a school board in order to achieve specific changes? Surely that's broad and too complicated but it would be realistic and would hit two birds with one stone.
    zubrowkas wrote: »

To each their own, I think you're probably not alone in that as it was ultimately removed in TS3. I quite liked the challenge of it though. But I do agree customizable schools and such would be interesting. I think I would be so overwhelmed by the idea of choosing what is taught (or not taught) at a school as I find myself being a task master when it comes to the rearing of young pixels. It would also be nice if it went hand in hand with a better version of City Living's politician career. Imagine running for a position on a school board in order to achieve specific changes? Surely that's broad and too complicated but it would be realistic and would hit two birds with one stone.

I'd rather have something like the restaurant being editable in Build mode, rather than it being tied to something about our Sims (like the clubs are). I find loading all the households to edit my clubs really tiring for example, so I prefer things editable independantly from the Sims (and I would love a Manage Clubs like the Manage Households UI ;)), or editable with a cheat code at the very least.

Choosing which subjects are taught could be rather generic, like Mental/Creativity/Sports, so it doesn't get too complicated, or let us choose among the skills, so it's fairly simple at school, and get a bit more complicated for teens and young adults.
    @zubrowkas Good points and welcome to the forums :smile:

I have heard players criticise the careers especially early on when there seemed to be a lack of realistic careers compared to previous games

@Neia I only played the thr head master in TS2 once and never bothered again lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I'm sorry to lose you, we will miss you! Have fun in your real life!!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
    @Scobre I am sorry that you are leaving :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @Scobre I will miss you and hope that your adventures are wonderful. :) Please do pop in every now and then and update us. <3
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Oh I'm really sad to see you go @Scobre . I think I get it, well for me sometimes my reaction to certain areas of the forums is influenced by the real things going on in life. I hope you will stop by this thread if you ever get a chance and want to, know that you will be missed greatly. Take care
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Bye @Scobre have a wonderful festive season and may your life be full of health and joy xx
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

But some of the things in 4 have turned into a mini game as well ( but im with you on that lol not my favorite part either) for instance going to work with the gtw ep. i dont really feel like I rule and it gets very repetitive. Or heck going to dine out at a restaurant that also gets repetitive. Going on on a date I dont do it much anymore because its the same stuff. Then again ive found repetitivness in all other iterations as well. In my personal opinion 2 had the least but maybe im being bias lol. But I completely understand.. i will say, however I am looking forward to this pack. My sim can now have his stash of scotch lol. It would be nice if theu cpuld have a reaction,like ts3 and feel a similar emotion to inebriation. Maybe. Similar to how they feel after a snaggle drink ( its call something like that ive given it to,my sim and theyve gotten the dazed emotion lol)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited December 2016
    Check in occasionally, @Scobre, you'll be missed! Real life is always more important, though.

I was playing yesterday and told the daughter of the family to go home while she was swimming. She swam home - across the island, up the ramp and across the deck to the front door, where there was a bit of confusion before the game finally popped her out of swim mode to walk across the threshold! These games are very odd sometimes.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Thought I would just pop by with a bit of family play.

My sim, Michael, finally asked Charlotte to move in with him (after seeing her very large belly). They decided to sell both their houses and get something slightly bigger, here it is:
    091.jpg?dl=0

Here they are with Michael's son and Charlotte's dog, a new family:
    092.jpg?dl=0

It was still the first evening they had been in their new home when Charlotte went into labour. They had a boy, and called him Chandler (I had just been watching Friends lol).
    094.jpg?dl=0

I'm hoping that Chandler will be a toddler by the time Snowflake Day arrives so he can join in the festive fun.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    elanorbreton, I love your story and the pictures!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @elanorbreton so glad they got together, what a lovely house :)
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Looking at @elanorbreton 's screenshots makes me realise I've been playing too much TS2 lately - I was momentarily disconcerted by all those diagonally placed items :lol:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I will miss you and your posts, @Scobre . I am sorry you are leaving. I hope things will be okay/good for you. I wish you happy holidays and much happiness in your life. :heart:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Goodbye @Scobre . Hope to see you pop in again!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top