Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A faily magician's quest for success

PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
This wasn't meant to be a story at first. When I installed Showtime, I quickly created a character just to explore Starlight Shores and see how it felt to play the magician career, but I played him for much longer than I'd planned and decided to make a thread to keep track of his (mis)adventures.

I like Starlight Shores, although it's rather small. I really like the pink and orange light in the morning and late afternoon.
2ufvhms.jpg

123axso.jpg

2cghi74.jpg

Wannabe magician Jonathan River moved into town a bought a cheap little house next to the criminal hideout.
jgii5h.jpg

The first thing he did was to visit the library and use one of the computers to join the magician career. Rather optimistically, he chose the stage name "The Magnificent Jon".
2q2mibb.jpg

Done! Now he had the ability to perform some simple tricks. He tried unsuccessfully a few times.
24pmoue.jpg

And finally he managed to conjure a deck of cards from thin air. His first trick ever!
k2k1gl.jpg

The next day he performed some tricks at the festival grounds, where Laurel, the park proprietor, could see him. To his embarrassment, he kept failing and angrily throwing down his wand.
1jg2q.jpg

The roses he tried to conjure appeared all wilted.
23056c.jpg

Finally! His first bouquet of roses - artificial, perhaps, but perfect!
33nxnp5.jpg

I thought Jonathan could use some supernatural help in his life, so I sent him to explore the catacombs at the beautiful Starlight Shores cemetery hoping he might find a genie lamp.
27ybc5f.jpg

Once again, no luck! He only found a book and a rare seed - both of which he sold immediately - and got attacked by zombie bears.
23iggma.jpg

Before he had time to go home and shower, he got a message that a Simfest was starting at the park. He didn't want to miss watching his first Simfest, so he just went to the park all singed.

The first performer was a fellow magician, performing a complex trick with swords. Someday Jonathan will be able to take part in Simfests and to perform tricks using the Box of Mystery. Someday...
20u33i0.jpg

The magician was good at her job: the audience member came out unharmed.
99kkd2.jpg

The crowd - Jonathan included - applauded with enthusiasm. The white haired guy next to him turned out to be the next performer.
4lhbg3.jpg

He was an acrobat, with the stage name "Ziggurat in a Box."
a1smr.jpg

Laurel read out the name of the winner... it was the acrobat.
29o0h1j.jpg

The crowd wasn't pleased. Amusingly, even the acrobat himself booed. He knew the magician lady was better!
wa14ko.jpg

Jonathan performed for tips in the street the next day, repeating the two tricks he knew over and over again.
mrbp6f.jpg

He earned a pitiful 28 simoleons.
33erf9h.jpg

In the evening he visited the Rodeo-Go-Go venue and managed to impress the proprietor by pulling a coin from behind his ear.
34653jb.jpg

Then he spent a third of that day's earnings on a ride on the bull. It seemed as if he'd finally found something he was good at...
20sae76.jpg

... or maybe not!
206hstw.jpg
Post edited by PalmArrow on

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    The second Simfest Jonathan went to see was at the Brotherhood of Fine Fellows' closed venue. An acrobat called Olive the Resilient won.
    2hp0qk7.jpg

351vibc.jpg

Jonathan took the opportunity to perform for tips at the venue afterwards.
    jpaa77.jpg

The next day he performed for tips in the street again. Only one guy was watching him, but he was an attentive audience.
    ndvqy9.jpg

zkinx2.jpg

And finally Jonathan leveled up in his magician career! He became able to release birds and butterflies, and to audition for gigs.
    2ql4fhj.jpg

He immediately asked Laurel, the park proprietor, for an audition.
    34q8acg.jpg

She was impressed by the butterflies he released and gave him a date for his first gig.
    4j9uah.jpg

The tips Jonathan had been receiving so far were tiny, so he picked and sold wildflowers in the park to help pay his bills.
    2v0c32d.jpg

As the date of his first gig approached, Jonathan made a mistake. Instead of going to bed early the night before, he stayed out until late.

What happened was he met Olive the Resilient, the acrobat he saw perform at the Brotherhood, and asked her to visit the Karaoke venue with him.
    akvamb.jpg

They both sang badly and kept forgetting the lyrics, but they had lots of fun.
    2s67k0k.jpg

1jspqr.jpg

Because of this, Jonathan didn't get enough sleep and he had to take a nap in the park before his show.
    6fmknr.jpg

Finally, time for the show!

He seemed to be surprised at himself when he managed to pull a magic wand from behind his ear.
    2s3tf.jpg

"Hmm... how do I use this again?"
    wu2hxx.jpg

After a short show, he was ready for an applause. But it didn't come.
    287kdh0.jpg

On the contrary, the verdict was very bad...
    2ut43v6.jpg

Jonathan knew this meant he had to make an effort and get his life together.

First he needed a new gig. He auditioned with Shane, the proprietor of Go-Go-Rodeo. Shane told him he needed to get a little better to be good enough for his venue.
    qyxnxx.jpg

Then he tried riding the bull again, and after a bumpy start, it was a success!
    2lm6fxl.jpg

2l94fvr.jpg

2cpyulv.jpg

He performed in the street for tips again.
    a0aphk.jpg

The next day he drove into town to earn some money by non-magic means.
    1zqvnt3.jpg

First he completed an athletic skill opportunity, then picked and sold more wildflowers in the park. He made about 4000 in a day!
    f36y3o.jpg

And Laurel's successor as park venue proprietor, Rose, offered him a gig for the next evening. Will he mess this one up too?
    fqt1t.jpg
    Jonathan started the day of his second gig by raking autumn leaves in front of his small, shabby house.
    30ndvt0.jpg

Then he went to perform for tips on the Plaza, but there was only one other Sim there, and he wasn't interested in Jonathan's magic.
    110kdpl.jpg

But by performing, Jonathan reached the third level of his career and got a Box of Mystery. Now you will HAVE to pay attention, rude townie!
    2v0mid4.jpg

The townie obediently entered the Box...
    1zdwtnq.jpg

... and Jonathan inserted three swords into it, then took them out, one by one.
    2628aj4.jpg

Ta-da! The townie was alive and well, and actually quite happy about the whole experience.
    2cr7m89.jpg

In the evening it was time for Jonathan's second gig in the park. Would he be able to repeat the sword trick?
    51zczl.jpg

He started the show with a few simpler tricks. The bird-summoning was quite effective.
    dlg5g9.jpg

He asked a volunteer from the audience to come to the stage.
    b6625s.jpg

The townie entered the Box, and Jonathan started inserting the first sword... but quickly pulled it out when a loud "Ow!" was heard from the inside.
    igg0sj.jpg

The victim volunteer was furious.
    2dl88q0.jpg

2j0k29s.jpg

After repeating a few simpler tricks, Jonathan took a bow and waited for the reviews.
    2nlztww.jpg

They were a little better than for his first show, but that's not setting the bar very high!
    1zxweuc.jpg

Late autumn brought the first frost to Starlight Shores, making it look like a different planet.
    28hlyxh.jpg

fbi3ac.jpg

I sent Jonathan to explore the catacombs at the cemetery for the second time, and that was when his fortune finally took a turn for the better.

He was attacked by zombie bears again, but it was worth it, because this time he found a genie lamp!
    30t5r0k.jpg

He brought it home and cleaned it.
    4sk1oz.jpg

w9xy5x.jpg

A genie appeared, bearing the hilariously mundane name Jerry Hudson.
    33aucuc.jpg

Jonathan wished for wealth, and the genie performed his scary-looking magic:
    wmjqer.jpg

amwo3q.jpg

Now 100,000 simoleons richer, Jonathan went to audition for a show at the cafeteria, but failed.
    1zl50ly.jpg

But that didn't bother him. He went home and slept in his sparsely decorated bedroom for the last time.
    16ieh68.jpg

In the morning, it was goodbye to the tiny house next to the criminal hideout...
    2qkrw2c.jpg

... and hello to a beautiful new house with a sea view!
    2dkcmqo.jpg

Life was starting to look much better for Jonathan.
    263et69.jpg

It was Spooky day and he wished to throw a feast party. Jerry the Genie was on the list of possible Sims to invite (Jonathan never commanded him to return to the lamp, so he was wandering around town), so of course he invited him! He didn't wear a turban with his formal clothes, so it was revealed he had ginger hair.
    Jerry and this vampire lady were at each other's throats the entire time. Maybe genies and vampires just don't like each other.
    e8lmbn.jpg

A seating mishap: while almost everyone sat down to eat at the indoors table...
    24zawwx.jpg

... this lady was sitting alone outdoors. She wasn't happy.
    160wvpg.jpg

After the meal, the vampire lady sneaked up behind Jerry the Genie and scared him.
    72cea1.jpg

After being a party guest, Jerry the genie lingered on in Jonathan's house in his formal outfit which I thought was terrible, so I edited him in CAS.

Before:
    mmr8zt.jpg

After:
    xoe0qx.jpg

I also decorated Jonathan's new home with some circus-themed decorations. I thought they were fitting for a magician's wall.
    rhr21t.jpg

The next day Jonathan practiced the sword trick on Jerry. It didn't go well.
    2iacu9i.jpg

2e1zm0j.jpg

However, when he tried it while performing in the street, he succeeded.
    rhl7ns.jpg

Jerry kept hanging around as a house guest -
    b4w2lu.jpg

- a very polite house guest who would always clean up.
    b9j1n5.jpg

Jonathan leveled up to level four of his magician career. He became able to conjure fireballs.
    3163urq.jpg

He managed to get a new gig at the park, and he should be much better this time.

And, finally, he asked Jerry to move in with him. I immediately had Jerry magically clean first the house, then Jonathan. Nice!
    1zp5owx.jpg
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    This was a lot of fun to read, I hope there will another update Jonathan (and Jerry). I don't have the Showtime expansion pack, so being able to see what is possible is really cool.
    Thank you very much, @Storietime ! Honestly, I think Showtime is probably the EP with the smallest amount of content, but I still found it very enjoyable to play.
  • victoriapittvictoriapitt Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks for sharing @PalmArrow you got some great screenshots as well!
    Jerry the Genie had no skills when moved in with Jonathan, but thanks to his genie fast-learning abilities, while Jonathan was sleeping Jerry learned Writing and Handiness and repaired a broken computer.
    35mnyj4.jpg

In the morning he conjured up a perfect group serving of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Jonathan's favourite dish, to keep Jonathan's mood up on the day of his gig.
    a3cuwl.jpg

And while Jonathan spent the day practicing his tricks, Jerry learned Charisma in the library.
    2v1osb4.jpg

Time for the gig! Since he didn't have to worry about money any ore, Jonathan bought props and lights to enhance his show.
    1zg55l5.jpg

He entertained the audience with a dramatic story in between the tricks.
    30ma9tj.jpg

Now for his most risky trick: Swords of Destiny! He asked Lanya Avilla to volunteer.
    16lgtwy.jpg

There was no "Ow!" while he was inserting the swords. A good sign!
    105s09z.jpg

He opened the door, and Lanya came out unharmed and happy.
    2923349.jpg

The audience, including Jerry, went wild with delight.
    2dqptp1.jpg

i2snk7.jpg

Jonathan himself was quite pleased too. He got a positive moodlet for a good performance.
    2mff70x.jpg

The critics were, however, much harder to please than the audience.
    11mgkmd.jpg

Jerry's LTW is to become Super Popular, so I had him use online dating as a way to get to know people quickly.
    2vxn2if.jpg

He also went to the gym to learn Athletics. His fast-learning powers didn't prevent him from falling a couple of times.
    2q821r9.jpg

In the meantime, Jonathan went to audition at some new venues.
    1h5ybl.jpg

The proprietor at MN8 thought he wasn't good enough yet...
    rbfvnn.jpg

... but he managed to get a gig at the cafeteria.
    2nva1j6.jpg

Jerry and Jonathan ended the day at the karaoke bar.
    307t56f.jpg

They really enjoyed singing their duet...
    98vd5v.jpg

... although, judging by this townie's reaction, it didn't sound that good.
    2nbeh5k.jpg

Before Jonathan's gig I sent Jerry to Al Simhara. I wanted him to buy a snake charming basket and gain more acquaintances to further his Charisma skill, but most of all I just wanted to see a genie in Al Simhara.
    2drigl1.jpg

23vkcok.jpg

There was a spark between Jerry and Zahra the relic merchant, but nothing happened apart from a bit of flirting.
    15s6lww.jpg

This was my first visit to a WA destination since I installed Showtime. Besides having a genie adventurer, another new thing I didn't expect was an acrobat performing for tips at the base camp!
    21f0feq.jpg

Jerry returned to Starlight Shores, and it was time for Jonathan's gig at the cafeteria.
    1q5url.jpg

2qa5vsk.jpg

Jonathan did most of the small tricks well...
    2rxxug4.jpg

... and for the big one, he invited Tiffani Strong to volunteer.
    rrjujp.jpg

Will she be alright?
    k04u42.jpg

Yes! Tiffani came out unharmed.
    2rcu682.jpg

And finally, The Magnificent Jon got his first completely positive review. A short but sweet "That was an impressive show!"
    2e3dauc.jpg
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Looks like fun. I'd forgotten what some of that Showtime stuff was like; I'm playing Sims4 now.
    Good Luck Magnificent Jon. Happy Simming.
    Jerry the Genie used the snake-charming basket he brought from Al Simhara to charms his snake for tips in the street. It didn't earn him much money, but he gained 25 acquaintances and completed the Celebrity challenge.
    f41l1.jpg

Meanwhile, The Magnificent Jon auditioned at Rodeo-Go_Go.
    35auejd.jpg

He did it! He got a gig for the next day. (The proprietor, Shane Nugen, would have such a serious, handsome face if it wasn't for his huge potato-like nose!)
    1zdn7v9.jpg

An Al Simharan tourist tried riding the rodeo bull with a lot of enthusiasm.
    15ez5eu.jpg

Like most first tries, it didn't end well.
    330rzhz.jpg

During the night I went into Edit Town to plant some deathflowers at the Starlight Shores cemetery. There were none growing anywhere in town, and Jonathan was going to need one soon: at this point he was two magician levels away from receiving the Box of Danger.
    16076sk.jpg

The day of Jonathan's new gig was also Snowflake Day. Jonathan and Jerry had a small gift-giving party with their neighbours, the Strong sisters.
    2popraa.jpg

e1axds.jpg

At Rodeo-Go-Go, the audience was already excited before Jonathan even started.
    a2wtas.jpg

Even the easy tricks were making them ecstatic.
    okbytt.jpg

But while performing Swords of Destiny on Arielle Chen, Jonathan made his "Oops" face.
    14lnhw.jpg

The trick went wrong, and Arielle came out of the box furious.
    2vryam0.jpg

Strangely, the crowd kept on cheering. Maybe they just didn't like Arielle and were happy she got accidentally stabbed!
    Shane the proprietor was the only one who wasn't happy with the show.
    2nj48.jpg

During the night I added a hot tub with a view of the beach to Jonathan and Jerry's home.
    10589aq.jpg

They couldn't wait to try it out in the morning, even though it was a frosty winter day.
    2zowumg.jpg

2q0vuav.jpg

Later, Jonathan auditioned at three live show venues. MN8 offered him a gig for the next day.
    dc6lxy.jpg

As he usually did, Jerry used his sleepless genie night to advance his skills. Here he is tinkering with a fireplace (I wish I could learn to repair things in real life just by beating them with a hammer)...
    fbdir7.jpg

... and working out to music.
    28b9qhj.jpg

In the morning he travelled to Al Simhara for the second time. I liked seeing him floating around the desert with a parasol like a blue-skinned, very muscular Mary Poppins.
    2l9rv3p.jpg

jgp345.jpg

He completed two adventures on this visit: getting five flame fruit from the Tomb of the Burning Sands...
    91kttv.jpg

... and recovering lost papers from the hidden Library.
    27ymkog.jpg

His genie powers weren't complete in Al Simhara: while travelling he needed sleep like every other Sim. But he could still magically clean houses and Sims, and summon perfect food. I've never had an adventuring Sim dine this elegantly in a tomb.
    110yp2o.jpg

That was the plus side; a very small minus side was that genies don't get the "soaked" moodlet, which is a useful one to have in a tomb with dive wells and fire traps.

At the end I brought him to the hall with the mummy in the Pyramid of Fire, but I didn't have the heart to let him awaken the mummy. He only had two levels in athletics and none in Sim Fu - he would be doomed to lose. So he plundered all the treasure chests except for the last one, which triggers the mummy attack.
    313q8sj.jpg

Back in Starlight Shores, Jerry met tattoo artist Anitra Gamboa and they were instantly attracted to one another. I liked her face and name a lot, and when I realised she was a randomly generated Sim, not a premade one, I decided to have Jerry pursue a relationship with her - it would be like saving her from oblivion!
    348h7p4.jpg

That evening, The Magnificent Jon had his gig at MN8.
    av0r41.jpg

It went well - he fumbled some small tricks, but the big one worked and the audience was thrilled.
    bgbqc1.jpg

The proprietor praised him afterward, too.
    A paparazzo was there, snapping pictures, but he wasn't interested in Jonathan, only in celebrities in the audience. I like that he was wearing a kilt!
    2psj8kz.jpg
    Jerry went on using his sleepless nights to learn skills. In one night he gained a point in athletics...
    s3zqt4.jpg

...and painted a large painting which may not be much to look at, but it gained him two and a half skill levels. He immediately wished to become a self-employed painter, so that's now officially his job!
    29m4shz.jpg

Jonathan became a level six magician. He became able to use the Box of Mystery to make a Sim vanish.
    2v1rfh0.jpg

He tried it out immediately on a townie.
    eskm7p.jpg

He said some scary magic words...
    2n831w5.jpg

Oops! Something went wrong. He stood in front of the box as if saying "Please don't look inside!"
    6xt4dz.jpg

The townie didn't vanish, he just appeared for a second in his underwear (I wasn't quick enough to take a screenshot of that) and then in his athletic clothes. He was furious.
    35cneap.jpg

While both Jerry and Jonathan were out, their house caught fire (I forgot to put out the fire in the fireplace), but a firefighter took care of it.
    2lo12xy.jpg

5o6t7t.jpg

Another gig for Jonathan, on an outdoor stage in bad weather.
    nbogtx.jpg

He tried out his other new trick, Appearing Objects.
    iome6h.jpg

He managed to conjure up a children's peg box.
    2e2dzti.jpg

The next day, Jerry paid another visit to the salon to see Anitra Gamboa again and ask her to join the household. He ignored the evil stylist behind Anitra who was thinking about destroying the town with radiation.
    8xnb6g.jpg

I think Anitra has the face of a forties or fifties movie star - making an interesting contrast to her many tattoos - so I gave her a retro style to match.
    2wgsww4.jpgqs3vp3.jpgiw0ruu.jpg

Aren't they a cute couple? I definitely want to see what their children will look like!
    2pod0lc.jpg

Jonathan tries the Vanishing Sim trick again, this time at home with Jerry.
    28l486g.jpg

Success! Jerry disappeared for a moment and safely returned.
    2jhdfq.jpg

Anitra wasn't the only new addition to the household: this little guy appeared on the lawn!
    33vfb85.jpg

Jonathan had a gig at the karaoke bar in the evening. He mystified the audience...
    98a93l.jpg

... summoned birds...
    2s76h6b.jpg

... and for the highlight of the evening, invited Sonoko Lee to enter the mystery box.
    2hgd2zn.jpg

It went well: she vanished and appeared again.
    290pnjl.jpg

At the end of the show, Jonathan was satisfied. He got a powerful positive moodlet called something like "Abracadabralicious".
    10zv3bm.jpg

And the proprietor was satisfied too!
    oayrft.jpg
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    Aww... Cool story... Love to read it...
    Awesome. Happy Simming
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Wonderful story, I enjoyed reading it. Not a greedy guy if he used only one of the genie wishes.
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    edited November 2016
    Thank you very much, @Alleenmens , @NRowe and @taratownie ! :smiley:

@taratownie , Jonathan using only one of the genie's wishes was actually an accident: to fix a glitch (Jonathan's Box of Mystery was stuck in his personal inventory, impossible to take out) I had to go to Edit Town, evict Jonathan from his house and move him in again. This fixed the glitch, but it also freed Jerry from the lamp and reset the lamp into a new one - I can summon a new genie out of it now if I want to!
    The next morning a Simfest started at the park. Jonathan arrived in time to ask the proprietor if he can take part.
    The first act was magician Priscilla Singh. She was the first performer Jonathan saw at his first Simfest, and she was pretty good then.
    o058d2.jpg

But this time she was not that good. Jerry cheered her anyway, but Jonathan was not sure he liked it. (An enterprising little boy set up a bake sale stand between the audience and the stage. Good thinking!)
    30077a0.jpg

Jonathan was the next performer, and he was on fire!
    9aso6c.jpg

The audience was ecstatic.
    mm7rzq.jpg

Performing his Appearing Objects trick, Jonathan conjured up a birthday cake.
    29dvfux.jpg

The simfest was over and the proprietor announced the name of the winner.
    dxe1c6.jpg

It was Jonathan!
    n4b32d.jpg

Afterwards, Jerry took Anitra to dinner at the Captain's Yacht Club (a seaside hangout I added to the town.)
    muy8ol.jpg

They kept giving one another lovey-dovey looks.
    29z53f7.jpg

The dinner was good, although the chef behaved a little creepily, watching them from behind a potted palm to see if they liked the food!
    rc4qpe.jpg

After dinner they went outside to sit by the sea.
    2wn6zht.jpg

rsz9c7.jpg

25q643k.jpg

And another first - a first kiss for both of them.
    2q06qfr.jpg

Jonathan's reward from the Simfest he won got its place of honour on the mantelpiece.
    2n9c18l.jpg

Jerry travelled to Al Simhara once again, this time with Anitra.
    2uji25e.jpg

Anitra had no skills when she joined the household, so she spent her time getting to know locals and listening to skill podcasts.
    28a2hxv.jpg

Meanwhile, Jerry searched for copper and then for Mummitonium, to be used as bribes to get info on the sinister Morcu-Corp.
    k3x7wz.jpg

They met at base camp in the evening, and Jerry conjured up Anitra's favourite food for dinner. (She was so overjoyed, she interrupted her meal a couple of times to clap her hands.)
    727hol.jpg

While they were sleeping, I entered Edit Town and made one of the two most luxurious houses in Al Simhara, the Almond Tree House, into a community lot (I didn't make it into a resort, but for the story's sake it is a hotel). Jerry and Anitra moved there the next day.
    j64uo1.jpg

They took shelter inside when a thunderstorm started.
    no8rih.jpg

After the storm Jerry continued his adventures. Al Simhara is so strangely dark in the autumn fog.
    29p90n7.jpg

Jerry managed to locate the criminal headquarters and place a bribe inside a chest. (I was going to have him do just a tiny bit of adventuring, but one thing led to another and he already has a level two Visa for Egypt. Tomb exploring is one of my favourite things to do in the game, and it's hard for me to do it just a little bit!)
    11l6243.jpg

Meanwhile, Anitra read skill books at the hotel.
    2uqnpco.jpg

Since the "hotel" doesn't actually have service, Jerry conjured up food for everyone in the evening.
    2hg6681.jpg

And Jerry and Anitra found some privacy for romance before falling asleep.
    2d8gw1l.jpg

14ju3rd.jpg

1zykjye.jpg
    All good fun. Happy Simming
    A cold late autumn descended on Al Simhara, so the only way Jerry and Anitra were able to lounge by the pool was in their winter coats.

200w5tl.jpg

jif57p.jpg

During the night frost covered the desert, making it look like it was covered with sugar.

mw60r7.jpg

j6h1cl.jpg

2pyre51.jpg

I decided that would be an ideal setting for engagement pictures (and I was going to get Jerry and Anitra engaged anyway).
    2zf38nq.jpg

jzk2r.jpg

23kuewy.jpg

2hwha1.jpg

2jcek9i.jpg

Afterwards they discussed wedding plans over a meal at the market.
    20fvprd.jpg

That was the last day of their journey. They returned to a rainy Starlight Shores.
    f57qc1.jpg

Their housemate, the magician The Magnificent Jon, was in the hot tub. Beside him were two magician gnomes - last time I looked, there was only one! (I always do a double take when I see a new gnome. There is always a tiny "GAAH, WHAT'S THAT?" moment
    sq0845.jpg

Now that they were engaged, both Jerry and Anitra wanted to change something about their appearance.

Jerry wanted to have human-coloured skin. He didn't mind standing out in a crowd as the only blue Sim, but he didn't want his future children to feel different from others. So he cast a spell...
    24qto1t.jpg

amr3nn.jpg

Done!
    2uzcozt.jpg

With human skin and everyday clothes, his genie nature would now only be visible should he decide to reveal it.
    depk5d.jpg

Meanwhile, Anitra visited her old workplace, the tattoo parlour. As soon as she and Jerry got engaged in Al Simhara, she rolled the wish to get a new tattoo.
    wl9agp.jpg

She got a butterfly and a fish on her ankles.
    1zegtjr.jpg

In the evening, The Magnificent Jon performed with success at MN8.
    24e9j51.jpg

During his sleepless genie night, Jerry painted a picture of palm trees, which was a nice accidental bit of foreshadowing because the household would very soon move to Lucky Palms!
    5dj56v.jpg
    Jerry looks good
    Jerry, Jonathan and Anitra decided to leave Starlight Shores for a larger town.
    x2rpr7.jpg

k30s5c.jpg

They moved into their new home into their new home, That Seventies House in Lucky Palms.
    zjxe15.jpg

That Seventies House is exactly what it says on the tin: it's decorated all in brown, yellow, orange and avocado, and I love it! This is the living area, where I added a few things:
    2ezmuxt.jpg

And the dining area and kitchen, which I left exactly as they were:
    snpgd1.jpg

The first thing my household did was visit the wishing well. They had about 47,000 left after buying the house, and I wanted them to earn more and build a resort.
    20arsyt.jpg

Jonathan wished for wealth, but nothing happened.
    11mf0co.jpg

Anitra wished for wealth too, and a few hundred simoleons fell from the sky.
    1695no6.jpg

I was going to have Jerry wish for wealth too, but he autonomously decided to try to steal money from the well. He got nothing.
    2a5i3rp.jpg

Jonathan spent the day performing for tips. He got another few hundred simoleons and gained a few acquaintances.
    34t5qh4.jpg

Meanwhile, Jerry and Anitra went for a romantic date at the Last Venue of Amore.
    140hnj9.jpg

2pt33ap.jpg

mwwtvs.jpg

I love all three facial expressions in this picture.
    2hn6kc9.jpg

Sunrise in Lucky Palms the next morning.
    24cfuqb.jpg

All three spent the day earning money in various ways - they picked and sold wildflowers, Jerry accepted an offer to be tested at the Area 52 Science center, as sinister as it sounded, and Anitra tried gambling at the casino, but she earned less than she invested.
    ngotxg.jpg

The next day was dedicated to earning money as well: Jonathan accepted an opportunity to fix plumbing at the cafeteria, Jerry sold a rainbow gem he had found in Egypt, and Anitra collected flowers and eggs at the Spring festival.
    24vv43l.jpg

This was her loot for the day: two rare flowers, a Faberge egg and a spring gnome, worth about 2,500 together.
    eknknq.jpg

With that their funds were about 55,000, so I bought an empty lot next to the lot where I had placed the Last Venue of Amore, and built the bare necessities for a resort. It's called the Pharaoh Resort - although I made the buildings to match the style of the Spanish resort tower rabbithole, the decorations inside will be Egyptian-themed.
    13zmno2.jpg

Jonathan went to the cemetery to harvest a deathflower, just in case. He is a level 8 magician now and he owns a Box of Danger.
    24gp2di.jpg

He attempted the Buried Alive trick at home. Jerry and Anitra were just lazily stretching and paying no attention to the fact their friend was putting himself in mortal danger.
    2nrls79.jpg

When the box got filled with soil, he looked genuinely scared.
    6zr0bb.jpg

At this point I was scared too. This looks creepy!
    jb7mfm.jpg

But he got out safely.
    f1cshf.jpg

He felt confident enough to audition at a private venue. He got a gig for the next day. (The auditioning experience was enhanced by the skinny-dipper in the pool behind the bar!)
    16hoxap.jpg

Anitra and Jerry dined at their new resort.
    s0x81w.jpg

Although they have hired the best staff, Jerry cleaned the whole resort. As a genie, he can do it in a second.
    n98ci.jpg

After sleeping in the resort tower, Anitra greeted the sunrise in the swimming pool. Sounds like a perfect morning...
    2wr1z6x.jpg

... but the finances for the first night were not good: the resort made a negative profit.
    11llkw9.jpg

The reviews were in:
    whnmgk.jpg

This was actually the first negative profit I ever got when playing with resorts. I realised I probably went for good quality food and staff too soon!
    Since the resort needed quick improvement, I wanted the household to get some quick and easy money. Jonathan asked the wishing well for wealth for the second time, and once again got nothing.
    mtttp4.jpg

Anitra tried her luck at the casino again. This time she made a small profit.
    28ujp8h.jpg

In the evening Jonathan performed at the Port-a-Party Warehouse. It was his first gig at a private venue, and the first time he would use the Box of Danger on stage. He could have met Death on that stage... but instead, he met Love!

He started with a minor trick...
    2jfn1c6.jpg

... but the audience (famous model Kitty Price among them) were only interested in the Box of Danger.
    v8j2h.jpg

Kitty didn't look very impressed at first.
    i36srk.jpg

Jonathan entered the Box of Danger...
    154bqqd.jpg

... and it slowly filled up with soil.
    2yv2iqa.jpg

The soil disappeared, the door opened... But where is Jonathan?
    2mri6uq.jpg

Anitra and Jerry cheered, confident that he would come back.
    t6dxk1.jpg

Kitty was suddenly more interested in the show.
    2vxkv1l.jpg

Suddenly, Jonathan appeared in a cloud of mist, saying something romantic about audience member Darleen Matlapin.
    33db4g1.jpg

And both Darleen and Kitty were having romantic thoughts about him!
    wagbo8.jpg

But Jonathan only had thoughts for Darleen, and to make the moment perfect, the FX machines started sending out pink hearts.
    1zlptma.jpg

Jonathan invited Darleen on stage for the Vanishing Sim trick.
    im174k.jpg

He successfully made her disappear, and then brought her back.
    2uqeicj.jpg

24dqyxs.jpg

After the show he flirted a little with Darleen, which seemed to annoy Kitty.
    2lx89w7.jpg

The next dawn, and the last picture of the Last Venue of Amore in this save. It looks beautiful, but after taking this screenshot I removed it from the town, because it's such a huge and densely built lot it took ages to render.
    2a5x5ib.jpg

Jonathan was invited to a party, but he ended up practicing chess because there was nothing else to do.
    2r602ua.jpg

This is how boring the party was: lots of formally dressed guests, but nobody talked to anyone. In fact, barely anyone was in the same room as anyone else!
    9lbzia.jpg

The resort finally started making a profit again, since I lowered the expenses and made the pricing affordable.
    28vytdl.jpg

The three made another visit to the Wishing Well at dawn.
    1r9l6v.jpg

They all made wishes, but once again only Anitra got some money.
    eakwah.jpg

Jonathan met his crush Darleen Matlapin. He offered her flowers, but she refused. Their relationship was not high enough for that yet.
    kale9j.jpg

As an apology, he performed another trick. Darleen was impressed.
    2yv3315.jpg

Jerry and Anitra spent their day at the art museum. Jerry, who is a self-employed artist, painted a large painting...
    2ahbodd.jpg

... while Anitra learned smelting and glass-blowing.
    2871oj.jpg

She also searched the town for metals and gems. The good thing about resort-owning is that it doesn't actually take any of the Sim's time, leaving them free for other activities.
    f5asrr.jpg

After completing and selling his painting, Jerry socialised with museum visitors. His LTW is Super Popular, so I want him to meet new people every day.
    33tp2qp.jpg

In the evening, Jonathan had a gig at the cafeteria. He did the buried Alive trick again.
    241t9vs.jpg

It went wrong, but not in the deadly sense. He just failed to disappear from the box and got very embarrassed. Still, the reviews for the show were very good.
    jzbozr.jpg
  • KenadiaKenadia Posts: 78 Member
    I love Starlight Shores and this brought back good memories :) I love the expression with the roses in the first update. xD
    2nlfmg7.png
    My legacy: Zest in the City
    Thank you, @Kenadia ! Yes, the facial expressions for the magician tricks are great, both the embarrassed ones when a trick goes wrong and the smug ones when it's done right!
    Jerry rented the Paradise Pool for his bachelor party.
    3587uo8.jpg

I forgot that "The Magnificent Jon" had a gig that evening. I wasn't able to cancel neither the party nor the gig, so I had to let him go along with it.
    eziv80.jpg

The game changed Jerry into a "dress to impress" outfit.
    i6w2o2.jpg

The guests started arriving... but, awkwardly, there was also a little girl doing her homework at the pool (Jerry didn't request exclusive access).
    ip4ebn.jpg

Then a police cruiser pulled in outside the pool, and a very unusual policewoman stepped out of it.
    346w57n.jpg

She marched up to Jerry, said she'd been called to fix a lame party, placed a stereo on the floor and started to dance.
    jszfau.jpg

Everyone was entranced, except for the little girl who was only interested in cake.
    snnuhj.jpg

By the time Jonathan arrived from his gig, Jerry was taking a nap on a lounger, and the dancer was skinny-dipping. The little girl had, thankfully, gone home!
    2ytqs0o.jpg

The guests left saying it had been a great party.
    Meanwhile, Anitra had a spa treatment instead of a bachelorette party (she hadn't met enough women from Lucky Palms to throw a party).

The next day Anitra and jerry went to their resort to get married. It was the first time in any save that I wanted my sims to use a wedding arch but found it already in use!
    A townie was waiting under the arch and suffering from heat. I used Master Controller to see the name of her partner and then locate her - she was inside the diner rabbit hole. I suppose she had to leave the wedding to go to work.
    sx0pe9.jpg

I reset the stood-up bride and the arch was free for Jerry and Anitra.
    Jonathan was Best Man, and the only other guest was the resort receptionist, Sheldon.
    23lfujp.jpg

The ceremony started...
    iqljrk.jpg

... and Jonathan was very moved by it.
    8x585y.jpg

But the bride and groom took the ceremony with humour.
    "Look, Jerry, I can balance the ring on my fingertip!"
    21jup8z.jpg

"Wow, that's so cool!"
    2ngc5d2.jpg

They got a little bit more serious for the kiss...
    20zv2fr.jpg

99hvmc.jpg

... and then they laughed again. "Hey, we are married! Isn't that hilarious!?"
    121bprk.jpg

After the wedding ceremony and a meal from the buffet, the bride immediately relaxed by the pool with a stereo and a romance novel. But the bridegroom had more adventurous ideas. He booked a surprise honeymoon for them.
    2h2e1bo.jpg

They traveled to a player-made world called Mayan Mysteries and rented a houseboat there. (The world is a cross between Island Paradise and World Adventures content. I love the idea and wanted to try it, although it's still in beta.)
    1t95s9.jpg

t8ot8i.jpg

On their first day they visited a dive spot that requires only 1 scuba-diving skill level, and snorkeled on the surface until they reached level 1.
    2yweaus.jpg

They dived down and explored an underwater cave each, then woohoo'd in a cave and got the "Mile Low Club" moodlet.
    2eztjwk.jpg

The next two days Anitra continued to learn the scuba-diving skill, while Jerry explored one of the Mayan tombs.
    1haz40.jpg

256bxbk.jpg

At one point his backside caught fire, but luckily, there was a dive well in the tomb.
    r1d3lg.jpg

Relaxing on the deck in the evening.
    zuxki.jpg

The trip cost them around 2600, but they found and sold enough treasure to make it even. They need to be careful about money, because their resort needs constant improvements!

When they returned to Lucky Palms, they found the resort full of guests (I've never seen this many guests in a resort!)
    k170vs.jpg

Two screenshots I found funny:

By chance I paused at the moment this resort worker was striking a similar pose as the painting of Horus on the chair:
    ztayxk.jpg

And speaking of striking a pose, Jonathan was practicing magic in the morning by the pool, but this particular trick (Fireball) looks more like disco dancing:
    50h0gh.jpg

This one is not so funny, but a nice coincidence: Jerry isn't painting a still life, but it totally looks like he's painting the bamboo plants outside the window.
    14w3go1.jpg