Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch affects groups

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Oh no. This is truly a game breaker for me as since the introduction of clubs I rely a lot on them for my stories and to make the worlds alive and full of MY Sims and not random townies I don't care for.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Aww, I really wanted to play, but now I'll hold off on playing until they fix this, because I don't want my clubs to be destroyed! Hopefully they can do it before the new stuff pack!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    There's now a thread at AHQ: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Club-Reset-points-and-defaults-back-to-6-members/td-p/5733839/ for everyone that likes to press me too

I would not play any game with clubs you care about. There is no way of telling what permanently breaks even if you don't use clubs at this point. If you do want to play, backup your game now.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• MoonsKisuMoonsKisu Posts: 97 Member
    Unfortunately it updated as soon as I opened origin (not sure how to turn off auto updates) but I saw this before starting my game. I use clubs pretty heavily in my game play so I guess I'll be waiting until they fix this.
  • costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    Hello,
    my clubs are broken too :(
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    my game is just updating now. I'll see what my clubs are like in a while.
    No news about a fix yet then?? :'(
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm having the same exact problem. Glad to know I'm not the only one... I have a "Couples Club" with 8 Sims (well, there are supposed to be eight of them), but two of them are no longer members because the game says I don't have the 7th and 8th member perks purchased (but the "catalog" says I already bought them, which I did awhile ago). I asked one of them if they would like to "join" the club and she said yes. After that, I was able to also add the other member back as well... but then it decided to screw up again! :neutral: So now these two members need to keep being re-added. I hope there's another patch soon that will fix this problem.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    As i worked so much for my clubs, i decided to go back to previous patch.

1- Make sure to have "previous version" enabled on your the sims 4 folders: right click on your the sims 4 folder (standard path is: c:\program (x86)\origin games\ the sims 4), check "previous version" tab, if there is something, you're safe, otherwise you can't go back.

2- In "previous version" tab, right click on the previous version (it should be the 15/11 one), and copy.
    3- Paste it somewhere on your disk, it's gonna take a bit..
    4- then, rename your CURRENT the sims 4 folder into something like "the sims 4 old".
    5- Now, move the folder your just pasted at the same level of "the sims 4 old" folder. (standard path is: c:\program (x86)\origin games)
    6- Do not launch the game now, go under document\Electronic Arts\the sims 4\ (this path can be different if you changed the save path) and delete (or rename) the file "gameversion.txt".
    7- Now you can launch your the sims 4 from the usual link.

P.S. Origin must be offline, otherwise your game will be patched again.
    Sorry, i forgot to say you must have a previous patch saved game.
  • CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    Update:

I haven't been able to replicate the glitch where the club met at the wrong place. I've tried in 4 different saves, both new ones and old ones. I'm going to say that I think that must have been some crazy one-off glitch. I had made the club to try and get points back to add more members. I tried to have them gather at their house but they weren't home (they were standing in front of the neighbor house like they usually do when switching households). So, after multiple attempts I then realized what I was doing wrong and just had them gather at their regular meeting place (the bar) instead of "gather here." That's when they went to the wrong place. I'm thinking I may have confused the game with the multiple attempts to "meet here".
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Fortunately I have PlanetCoaster to keep me amused while someone sorts out this unfortunate mess.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited December 2016
    Well, it's time to set Windows Backup in order to save Program Files\The Sims 4.

The next time I will be able to restore my game without the latest patch.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited December 2016
    codyjaymke wrote: »

Of course we are all humans - but TS is not some obscure niche, it's the most important PC game on the market. It's playing in the Mercedes league of entertainment. Now imagine the real Mercedes would test their cars with such care ...

I think it's probably an issue of the testing team possibly being small. Of course people who play for a long time will notice more things, but if the testing team only play each update for a couple days they might not notice certain things and then the issue get into the game. Of it hey only test with x amount of sims. And you're right, the sims is no niche market. But no game on Earth, even those with bigger budgets have 100% perfect patches. It's just doesn't seem to be possible with the tools available at this point in time.

Coding is an extremely involved process with billions of lines of code per game. It is really unrealistic to expect coders to to be able to catch conflicts for this exact reason. They may check everything they /think/ will conflict (And this same process is usually how I pinpoint a bad mod), but you never know if through some unexpected connection you can break something completely unrelated.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    We've been able to reproduce most of the club issues being reported here, but thus far we've been unable to repro the "clubs meeting at the wrong place" bug. I see that @CarpeNoctemSims says he's no longer able to repro the problem, is anyone else still having this issue? If so, I'd love if you were able to share some save files with me. :)

Thanks much!
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Well, it's time to set Windows Backup in order to save Program Files\The Sims 4.

The lesson here is for everyone to go into their Origin settings and uncheck the auto updates. NO AUTO UPDATES!!! (and then set the offline option) Companies always try and force updates onto users and then when things go wrong as they often do, they are left scrambling. There is no need for auto updates in a game. It is enough for Origin to inform you and then let you decide. Choice makes life easier for everyone, the modders, the players and the team.
    @Mendota

But we need testers who tell us the new bugs.

True, and people who know how to back up and save their existing games can be the testers. Maxis can even offer incentives for people to pre test such as $1 off the next SP or GP they purchase. This would allow people who actually play the game to test and would be more likely to find issues. There are a lot of broken games out there right now, and we don't know how much the next patch will fix them.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2016

Actually windows restore does not affect the program files as far as I can tell. I tried to roll back my Sims 3 game once in restore and that did not change. In fact Windows seems to take pride in not changing your game and program files. Unless they changed things for Windows 10, that is how Windows always worked before. You could totally roll back windows or restore to an earlier place and my Sims files were never once affected. About the only way I could protect my game files was download the saves somewhere else before a Sims update.

As for the update today affecting my game badly - I really didn't try much - just checked out the Christmas stuff and tried the poppers mostly. I don't use mods or CC or Clubs at all - so did not see an issue in what I checked - other than my sim being irked she got no gift from the Cracker popper before she had to go to work. LOL.

ETA - Hubby just came in from work (he is a PC Tech) and he said to go here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/reset-your-windows-10-system-with-the-keep-my-files-option/

(or go to microsoft. My hubby says these instructions though do things the same way he and other techs do.)

and it will instruct you different way Windows 10 does things. He says be careful - you make the wrong choice and Windows 10 will remove everything back to factory settings including uninstall all your games. Not quite like previous versions of Windows I guess.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I'm so GLAD that I'm not one of those "run to update my game as soon as it is released" type person because this patch sounded like it really messed up some games. I will continue playing offline until it is fixed.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I'm sorry for the simmers who game was messed up but very thankful for letting us know so I can play in offline mode. I hope ea will release an emergency patch soon, it's good they were able to reproduce the issues.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Out of curiosity, since clubs are being looked at, has the issue with romantic interactions causing jealousy and not happening autonomously in clubs been fixed at this point? Being able to have a free pass for romantic encounters was one of the selling points for GT and essential for some types of stories.
    Felicity wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, since clubs are being looked at, has the issue with romantic interactions causing jealousy and not happening autonomously in clubs been fixed at this point? Being able to have a free pass for romantic encounters was one of the selling points for GT and essential for some types of stories.

This issues is about undoing the damage that was caused by the patch. They are not looking at clubs in general. You should post this issue to the feedback forum. Right now they are in "emergency" mode. They need to get this issue fixed ASAP.

Writin_Reg wrote: »

Actually windows restore does not affect the program files as far as I can tell. I tried to roll back my Sims 3 game once in restore and that did not change. In fact Windows seems to take pride in not changing your game and program files. Unless they changed things for Windows 10, that is how Windows always worked before. You could totally roll back windows or restore to an earlier place and my Sims files were never once affected. About the only way I could protect my game files was download the saves somewhere else before a Sims update.

As for the update today affecting my game badly - I really didn't try much - just checked out the Christmas stuff and tried the poppers mostly. I don't use mods or CC or Clubs at all - so did not see an issue in what I checked - other than my sim being irked she got no gift from the Cracker popper before she had to go to work. LOL.

ETA - Hubby just came in from work (he is a PC Tech) and he said to go here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/reset-your-windows-10-system-with-the-keep-my-files-option/

(or go to microsoft. My hubby says these instructions though do things the same way he and other techs do.)

and it will instruct you different way Windows 10 does things. He says be careful - you make the wrong choice and Windows 10 will remove everything back to factory settings including uninstall all your games. Not quite like previous versions of Windows I guess.

Windows does and always has replaced program files. But it can overlook by design program files that are not executable. It varies. If a patch changes the actual exe file that Windows will roll it back for you. If other types of files are changed it may or may not touch them. In which case you end up with an "unholy hybrid" as Pescado once described it.

What is not touched are files in the documents folder because they are considered personal data. It also excludes pictures, music and videos. The option that your husband came up with is drastic and would require a re install of all your programs, which would be of no help here as you would be installing the patched version of the game. A simple system restore will usually do the trick as long as you have set it up before you need it.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    If you have the mod called McCmdCenter remove it and restart your game and you will find that this is what cause the problem, In MY GAME it works fine after removing the McCmdCenter mod Thanks
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited December 2016
    If you have the mod called McCmdCenter remove it and restart your game and you will find that this is what cause the problem, In MY GAME it works fine after removing the McCmdCenter mod Thanks

Hello
    There has been an updated version of MC Command Center mod released today. It would be good to download/install the new version .

Edit : I just wanted to add that MC Command Center mod is not causing the issue with the clubs. I am only posting that there is an updated version of the mod to download. The issues with the clubs are not caused at all by mods/cc.
    Post edited by rosemow on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top