Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2016
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    @JovialJoy, I host my pics on Photobucket.

So I guess I'll look into Photobucket then! B)

Oh, and the PC is still DOA. I can't understand it. At this point I've changed out everything but the graphics card, and that worked at one point. Unless it got fried by the second bad motherboard. Still pondering which way to go next.

Sorry to hear about that! :( Does this mean you're going to buy a ready-made? Myself, I'm still shopping around. I'm just so wary about making large purchases. But I would like to be able to play this game and with expansion packs! My current laptop can barely handle the base game with High End Loft and Late Night. It takes forever to load The Sims, and then it's really laggy. Adding store content has only made matters worse! :D Speaking of which...

After I picked up Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles, I updated my Top Five. I'm now working on lowering my CYS for the Everyday Kids Collection that's coming up on the DD in a couple of days. Unfortunately most of the pieces in that set are higher priced, and I currently own none of them. Eek! :# But ads have been good, so I'm hopeful--regardless.
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    @Breazona That is indeed me. I tried gifting you and a few others, but it went all screwy. I was going to try again today to see if it would work. ^_^
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Good Morning and to those thanking me for their gifts, you are very welcome (ads are great <3 )

Things went well with my brother. We had to go thru some stuff our "other brother" brought over. Scraps from Dads house. He passed three years ago and my brother and I got nothing because our 3 brothers (which we dont claim anymore) took EVERYTHING but the scraps brought to me now. It was sad for us, but I guess it brought closure to the other brothers thinking they did give us something? We are waiting on the bad Karma to visit them :D

I was so tired when I got off work this morning. I logged on here and ....... fell asleep :o ..... in the computer chair.....for 2 1/2 hours :o Didn't get to the store to farm either, so I guess I really needed that nap!

Hubby fixed breakfast (since I am awake now) so I am off to eat :D Have a great day everyone and I will try to farm later :D
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @charlotteprice
    Oh, that stinks. Sorry to hear that.. I'll make sure my sims use lots of voodoo karm-I mean magic :#

Take a mug of coffee to work, should be helpful!
    23rif7.gif
    Things went well with my brother. We had to go thru some stuff our "other brother" brought over. Scraps from Dads house. He passed three years ago and my brother and I got nothing because our 3 brothers (which we dont claim anymore) took EVERYTHING but the scraps brought to me now. It was sad for us, but I guess it brought closure to the other brothers thinking they did give us something?

That's terrible; I'm so sorry. :'( I hope you at least have some good memories of your father that you can hang onto. <3

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Things went well with my brother. We had to go thru some stuff our "other brother" brought over. Scraps from Dads house. He passed three years ago and my brother and I got nothing because our 3 brothers (which we dont claim anymore) took EVERYTHING but the scraps brought to me now. It was sad for us, but I guess it brought closure to the other brothers thinking they did give us something? We are waiting on the bad Karma to visit them :D

The exact same thing happened to my dad with his brothers when my grandfather passed away several years ago. It was hard to get over but karma did finally come and we still don't like the way things turned out. Both of his brothers regretted everything, and one lost his son the other lost everything and wound up needing help and my dad buried the hatchet, let him move in with him and mom and took care of him until he suddenly passed away unexpectedly from pneumonia. Just when they were starting to really patch things up, too. My dad took it really hard, it was last year and he's having a hard time especially around the holidays because his brother had helped him decorate and do his gardening since my dad can't do that stuff anymore as a way to sort of pay him back for helping him out. It's really complicated and yet after all he did to hurt my dad we still miss him. He made mistakes and regretted them terribly before the end. We're afraid the same thing is going to happen when my father-in-law passes, and so is he. So he's making sure my husband, my husband's sister and their families get what he wants them to have before he goes. We tried to protest but when he tearfully laid out that he foresaw the other "vultures" as he called them taking everything he said he just wanted us to have what he and his wife had intended for us to get all along and the only way for him to be sure it happened was to do it while he is still with us. It is hard to protest when he gets that tone and that look in his eyes, that desperate determination. Anyway, at least you have something to remember your dad by and you still have some brothers you can count on, that's what really matters most. Sorry, sometimes I ramble. Man I really have a screwed up family, don't I? lol

Thank you for the gift @Xanthina I really love that trench coat and your message was very sweet! <3

I'm sorry to hear that @JoeJude16, hopefully things will work out. I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Still thinking good thoughts for you! ;)
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @charlotteprice I'm sorry to hear about the bad blood. I have 7 siblings and I've had several conversations with the ones I'm closest to about how things may go. Dad is well off and we fear that instead of people being grateful there will be hard feelings about how he used his money while he was alive. Some of us needed more help than others over the years. I've actually spoken with my father about this recently, and coincidentally he had already made a plan to try and "even the score" (not his words) before he passes to avoid that situation.

What really came to mind when I read what you went through was when my former father-in-law passed this year. It was a private funeral and I wasn't invited, even though the divorce was amicable. I was ok with that, but opted to at least go to the church. There was confusion about the time of the mass and one thing led to another. I ended up at the funeral home anyway, and at the house afterward. Seeing who was invited and the way I was treated by most of my former family, especially my mother-in-law, who not once introduced me as a family member of any kind, was very painful. Especially since my ex-husband was pretty decent about it all. I loved my father-in-law immensely and was just hoping to honor him and have some closure. So experiencing so much pain as a result was an unfortunate result. Sadly, I've cut off all ties with my ex since because of this. Possibly for the best.

It's sad when the loss of a loved one brings out the worst in people instead of the best.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you @Xanthina for all the gifts :)
    Top five
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @wittanthony1 aka Jennifer is running a Christmas lotto over at 25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS LOTTO 2 (OPEN)
    There's only a handful of people signed up so far, so head on over and join in on the fun. Daily prizes leading up to a Christmas grand prize.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Tamaek thank you for the coat! I can't wait for in-game autumn now!
    @charlotteprice Oh my goodness, Thank You! I will make good use of the Drifter set ^_^

Top 5 is up to date again
    edited December 2016
    Tamaek wrote: »
    We're afraid the same thing is going to happen when my father-in-law passes, and so is he. So he's making sure my husband, my husband's sister and their families get what he wants them to have before he goes. We tried to protest but when he tearfully laid out that he foresaw the other "vultures" as he called them taking everything he said he just wanted us to have what he and his wife had intended for us to get all along and the only way for him to be sure it happened was to do it while he is still with us.

@Tamaek, it sounds like he's thinking ahead and being quite brave about tying up those "loose ends." And I'm so glad that your dad and his brother were able to find some peace and healing before your uncle passed. That always touches my heart. I only hope my paternal grandfather seeks the same outcome with my dad, and his brothers, before his time comes.

It can be terrible how some people will act after the loss of a family member. :'( My family is relatively poor, so there wasn't any money to be dispersed. The opposite was true; debt was accrued. And although my grandpa was only the stepfather to my mom's three oldest siblings, he had been their only father figure since they were small children. Still, they left the entire cost of the funeral expenses to my mother--who was a single mom, earning minimum wage, had just made a long-distance relocation back to her hometown, and then subsequently lost her father to cancer. I was so disheartened by how my mom's siblings treated her. Thankfully, they were much more considerate after the loss of my grandmother. And although there was once again no money to be dispersed, everyone chipped in with the cost. And we were all able to acquire those little tokens of her memory without any argument. However, my aunt, the family matriarch, made us wait two years for a memorial so that my uncle, who vocalized the fact that he didn't even care about attending the event, would be there. :# It kept so many people from being able to get closure. And I felt it insulted the memory of my grandmother--who was more like a mother to me. <3

I am grateful that at the memorial service, my grandma's former in-laws, and the ex partners and spouses of her children, were all welcomed; in fact, we felt touched that they wanted to be there. I wish your ex and his family would have received you the same way, @JoeJude16; I'm sorry they didn't.

I've decided that with the ads being so generous I've taken down my wishlist. I've already been gifted the big ticket items that aren't on the DD and would rather have gifters concentrate on newer members of the group. I've actually started gifting items in this category myself. I'm hoping that no one takes offense, but rather appreciates my intent of this being a sign of my gratitude and starting to pay it forward.

I'm just a tad disappointed, @JoeJude16. That's because if I was thinking of you, but didn't have time to post in the forums, I'd shoot you a small gift to express as much! I do that with a few people. <3 But I do love your consideration for fellow Simmers! And on that note, thank you so much for the two gifts and lowering my CYS for the Everyday Kids Collection. I'm especially excited about that Braided, Bundled and Beaded hair! Have I mentioned before how much I love ethnic, especially Afrocentric, items? I've always lived with a lot of variety and have been a little disappointed with the lack of it in the game. As I've said before, I like my game to reflect what I see in the world around me!

Psst ... with your help, and the ads being in my favor, I cleared the amount I needed for this weeks Daily Deals! B)

I've updated my Top Five; trying to further lower my CYS for the Everyday Kids Collection, then Indulgent Living, and Luxe Kidswears after that.

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    I'm glad they got some peace and a second chance, too (my dad and my uncle I mean) @JovialJoy. And my father-in-law is one of the toughest men I know and I'm really going to miss him. I'm just trying to enjoy the time we still have and my husband goes to see him as often as he can.

I'm sorry that happened to you @JoeJude16. I hate that families can't just be glad to see how many lives their lost loved one touched instead of taking on this elitist "what's he/she doing here?" attitude. It's not like most people come and ask, "So when's the reading of the will taking place?" More often than not it is, as it was with you, just another person who feels the loss of a loved one.

Happy thoughts now! My little boy is very excited about Christmas and the school is holding a special group of kids that get to have breakfast with Santa and he and his sister have been invited! They're totally psyched about it. And he is learning what it means to wait for a game to be released. lol
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    edited December 2016
    Tamaek wrote: »
    Happy thoughts now! My little boy is very excited about Christmas and the school is holding a special group of kids that get to have breakfast with Santa and he and his sister have been invited! They're totally psyched about it. And he is learning what it means to wait for a game to be released. lol

And so the tradition is handed down to a new generation--about the game, I mean! :p

Oh man, I remember scrounging together my babysitting money in order to buy The Sims. I could hardly stand the wait. So much sweeter the reward, right? I was addicted to that game! However it was Diablo II that initially pulled me into PC gaming. Anyone else? Which was your first?

Thank you, @Tamaek for the gift! Now I've got one of those "hard to find/easy to miss" items crossed off of my list. <3

• BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Body is five characters too short
    Top five is updated
    Thanks to JovialJoy for the Lil' Terror hair
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    Thank you @JovialJoy for the new dress! I can't wait to hit up the nightlife with it!
    edited December 2016
    Thank you so much, @Xanthina and @charlotteprice! You both really helped lower my CYS for a couple of sets.

My Top Five has been updated. I feel like I'm doing that A LOT lately. You people are just so generous! <3

@JovialJoy
    Why, you should also say so to yourself!! Thank you! Wow that's so nice thank you so much for the gift :)
    It's a gorgeous set EEEE SO EXCITING

What was Diablo ll about? Hm..
    My PC classics are... Uh.. AOE lll, Zoo Tycoon 2 & TS2. Lots of fun. Now I want to play them...lol
    23rif7.gif
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    hi guys i know its been such a while but i have completely missed about this thread sorry guys XD but there is nothing to worry about in my life everything is good thankfully and i am happy :)
    @adamzaid
    Hi welcome back!
    23rif7.gif
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    @adamzaid
    Hi welcome back!

hi :)
    @AuzzPanda @JoeJude16 @Tamaek @Jovialjoy Yeah, glad I am not the only one that this has happened too. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I have one brother now, three I disowned.....sad what they did. I do have good memories, just didn't get to go thru his closet, cabinets, drawers, etc. You know, find something that you or your kids gave him and it brings a smile to your face. I didn't get that closure. They can't give it back to me either (not that they care). I am not a forgiving person like your family @Tamaek I am very stubborn :D I have been giving things to my daughters now so there won't be a problem later (hopefully). My sons dont want to discuss "if anything happened to their mom" LOL. They dont want to take anything now and they all said they wouldn't fight over anything.......and I tell them......I didn't think it would happen in my family either :s

@JoeJude16 That had to be bad! Divorce is not easy, but being close to your former father-in-law and have that happen, it is best to cut off all ties.....sad though!

*takes coffee from @AuzzPanda *
    Xanthina wrote: »
    @charlotteprice Oh my goodness, Thank You! I will make good use of the Drifter set ^_^

Top 5 is up to date again

You are very welcome! Glad I could help!
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    Thank you so much, @Xanthina and @charlotteprice! You both really helped lower my CYS for a couple of sets.

My Top Five has been updated. I feel like I'm doing that A LOT lately. You people are just so generous! <3

You are very welcome! Glad it lowered your CYS! WOOT