Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimLit Celebrations and Discussions

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2016
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I was expecting instant results, either people would love it or hate it, but I got nothing... But here's the thing I would tell myself and newbie writers, patience. The notes/likes/comments will come if you continue to write with passion. If you believe in your story, if you believe in the world and the characters that you have created, just keep writing and the note/likes and comments will come.

I remember when I discovered Ironbound... I think you were already something like 30 chapters into it? I was BLOWN AWAY!

Oh, what a happy summer I had when I read a few chapters of Ironbound every morning! It really helped me through a difficult time--I'd wake up out-of-sorts, focus by making breakfast, playing piano, and drinking coffee, then read a few chapters of Ironbound and get completely pulled into the world, and then, my mind would be working in harmony, and the rest of the day would go so smoothly!

That was a real treat for me and a treasured reading memory!

Awww! Thank you for the kind words! :joy:

I am kind of in that difficult time now, all out-of-sorts. I want to get back to that place, where I feel that sense of harmony myself, work just destroys me and I need a change. I hope that with a new job (a desk job) I can find myself (my creative self) again and give Ironbound and my other stories the justice that they deserve.

I hope so! You're a talented writer. I absolutely love Ironbound! I think you had at least 70 chapters before I discovered it. I'm glad to hear you may be in a place to resume.

I understand though. I used to be able to do 3 stories at once but I don't have that kind of time now. I'll be waiting patiently for your next updates.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2016
    What were some of the first SimLit stories you read? If applicable, How did they inspire you to write also?
    I discovered SimLit back in the good old days of TS2. I remember spending hours browsing and searching through the TS2 Exchange looking for story-driven SimLit to read. I don't remember the name of the first Sims story I read, but I think it was some kind of teen drama that really wasn't my cup of tea, but that did leave an impact because I realised that there were other people out there who also played their Sims in a story-driven way. The first SimLit story I do remember really well was The Gravity of Being Green, which really encouraged me to write because it was a scifi/fantasy Sims life story, so just the kind I wanted to write too back then. There was also this scifi story called Dominion and its sequel, Metamorphosis that I remember liking, among other stories.

After TS2 Exchange went down, I had a seven-year-break from SimLit, after which I started really missing my SimLit hobby. So I started to look for signs that SimLit was still a thing and discovered Alice & Kev! And after that I found Eight Cicadas and started actually doing something with my forum account and started a Wordpress account as well. I was overjoyed to find that the SimLit community was still thriving and had got even more diverse and creative!

What was it like when you first started writing SimLit? Were you nervous, excited, hesitant, hopeful, etc?
    I was super excited. The first SimLit story I ever wrote was on TS2, in Finnish, and I wrote it purely for my own enjoyment and never even thought about publishing it (and I never did publish it). It was really simple and never finished (none of my TS2 -stories were ever finished), but I had tons of fun writing the chapters and staging the pics. It was very simple stuff compared to what I do now, but I was really proud of it. I even showed it to my mum. :D I don't exactly remember how old I was, but I'd say around 15-16 years old, maybe.

After that I started writing in English and published a couple of stories on the TS2 Exchange, and of course that was when my perfectionism started showing and I got nervous and critical, but I also liked doing my own thing and getting my thoughts into a story. Almost no one read my stories (not that my stories have a huge audience now either, but that's beside the point), but I still wanted to make them as good as I could. I didn't look up any tutorials (until way later) for the best ways to stage pics, and I read other people's stories to get tips from looking at their screenshots and sometimes randomly picked up some new cheats that helped me with my pics. So writing SimLit was constant discovery and trial and error (and I feel like it still is, in many ways). I pretty much had to learn everything on my own. Well, I didn't have to, but that's what I ended up doing, and I liked it.

If you could go back, what advice would you give yourself (and newbie writers)?
    I'm tempted to say that my advice to my younger self would be: be a better writer. :D I have one of my old SimLit stories saved up on my computer, and I sometimes go back to it and cringe (though I can still find some good ideas and moments from it too). But maybe I can say something more positive and something that would work for some newbie writers too. Ahem...

Take your time to get your thoughts and ideas about your story into at least some kind of order before starting - unless you feel like you can work very spontaneously; that's great too. Be patient with finding your own way of doing things. Try different ways of approaching something and don't be afraid to get inspiration and advice from other people and their works. Enjoy discovering new things and figuring things out. Know that you will improve, and that improvement doesn't make your starting point any less valuable. Do what you like and like what you do, and create a story that works for you and that you love even during the times when nothing seems to go well and no one else likes/reads your work and writer's block is clogging up all the creative channels in your mind. Also listen to the advice other people have given here; it's been really good. :)
    Post edited by RipuAncestor on
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I was expecting instant results, either people would love it or hate it, but I got nothing... But here's the thing I would tell myself and newbie writers, patience. The notes/likes/comments will come if you continue to write with passion. If you believe in your story, if you believe in the world and the characters that you have created, just keep writing and the note/likes and comments will come.

I remember when I discovered Ironbound... I think you were already something like 30 chapters into it? I was BLOWN AWAY!

Oh, what a happy summer I had when I read a few chapters of Ironbound every morning! It really helped me through a difficult time--I'd wake up out-of-sorts, focus by making breakfast, playing piano, and drinking coffee, then read a few chapters of Ironbound and get completely pulled into the world, and then, my mind would be working in harmony, and the rest of the day would go so smoothly!

I am kind of in that difficult time now, all out-of-sorts. I want to get back to that place, where I feel that sense of harmony myself, work just destroys me and I need a change. I hope that with a new job (a desk job) I can find myself (my creative self) again and give Ironbound and my other stories the justice that they deserve.
    Fingers crossed that a new job will help! Your stories are awesome and you are awesome and I hope you will find your harmony and yourself again.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hey everyone, I tried to list and link to all the mentioned stories this week above in this post. If I missed any, please let me know.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Thanks @CathyTea, @Jes2G, @CitizenErased14, and @Maladi777 for the stories they shared this past week!

SimLit Celebration #4

Since we were talking about Alice & Kev recently on my blog and also on here, I would love to discuss firsts with everyone.

What were some of the first SimLit stories you read? If applicable, How did they inspire you to write also?

Also firsts for the writers...
    What was it like when you first started writing SimLit? Were you nervous, excited, hesitant, hopeful, etc? If you could go back, what advice would you give yourself (and newbie writers)?

This Week's Mentioned Stories:
    Alice and Kev
    @Rorygilmore34's Legacies of the Sims
    Nenpysims' Legacy
    @Munterbacon's Ironbound
    Jfed142's Simhaven Legacy
    @Carewren123's Wren's Nest
    GreenLady555's The Gravity of Being Green
    Rageinthemachine's Dominion and Metamorphosis
    @InfraGreen's Eight Cicadas

currently i'm reading shift by cathtea. and it inspires me because my world growing up was small . i led a proteceted life.and when i read her stories i get to experience it as if i was there.

i think i didn't start actually writing til the lounge was started . i rember because if you go to the front pages you see one where i say if i guess if i'm going t start a lounge i need to write. i hadn't started yet.

i get nervous everytime i write.i never think its good.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

I hope so! You're a talented writer. I absolutely love Ironbound! I think you had at least 70 chapters before I discovered it. I'm glad to hear you may be in a place to resume.

I understand though. I used to be able to do 3 stories at once but I don't have that kind of time now. I'll be waiting patiently for your next updates.

Thank you! It means a lot to hear you say that. :blush:

And can I just say that I have caught up in Day & Knight and I loved every minute of it! :)
    Fingers crossed that a new job will help! Your stories are awesome and you are awesome and I hope you will find your harmony and yourself again.

Thanks! I'm thinking that 2017 is going to be a great year! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    Thanks @Munterbacon for the inspiration!

Here's to 2017 being a great year of wonderful SimLit discovery and amazing writing oppportunities!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Here's to 2017 being a great year of wonderful SimLit discovery and amazing writing oppportunities!

i seem to discover new things . like i knew players could direct sim divorce in sims4 i had no idea sims could ask.

heres to 2017 being a year of creativity.
    edited December 2016
    I've been a bit behind with my SimLit celebrations, mostly because of a vacation and chaos at school and work. This week, in honor of Purple Day, I wanted to celebrate Sims we have loved and lost.

SimLit Celebration #5: Love and Loss
    I wrote a post over on my blog celebrating the life of Jennifer Martinez, foster mother to Gage Briody in my KCLKF story line. I mentioned a few other Sims I have loved and who have passed on also and I will share those below.

@CathyTea's Whisper - Dante Morganthe and Cathy Tea
    Kate's Loewe Legacy - Mary Graham and Lia Rasi
    @MedleyMisty In the Valley of the Sun - Jason Milton
    @InfraGreen's Eight Cicadas - Harwood Clay
    @CitizenErased14 Dust to Dust - Evelyn
    @mastressalita Cat Chronicles - Earl Hatcher
    @mastressalita Remembering Earl and Memories

Please feel free to share more below and I will add it to the list.

Also feel free to join the discussion: Why are these characters memorable?
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Thank you so much for mentioning/thinking of my Evelyn @AdamsEve1231 ! :blush:

I'll have to think of a good answer to your question and come back to discuss :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I've been a bit behind with my SimLit celebrations, mostly because of a vacation and chaos at school and work. This week, in honor of Purple Day, I wanted to celebrate Sims we have loved and lost.

SimLit Celebration #5: Love and Loss
    I wrote a post over on my blog celebrating the life of Jennifer Martinez, foster mother to Gage Briody in my KCLKF story line. I mentioned a few other Sims I have loved and who have passed on also and I will share those below.

@CathyTea's Whisper - Dante Morganthe and Cathy Tea
    Kate's Loewe Legacy - Mary Graham and Lia Rasi
    @MedleyMisty's In the Valley of the Sun - Jason Milton
    @InfraGreen's Eight Cicadas - Harwood Clay
    @CitizenErased14 's Dust to Dust - Evelyn

Please feel free to share more below and I will add it to the list.

Also feel free to join the discussion: Why are these characters memorable?

Of course, I'm writing about Harwood Clay... he's memorable because of his eyes! Or his bangs. Or his skinny little hips in those tight little jeans... ermm.... nevermind.

What makes Harwood Clay memorable?

Well, Trip is able to write about folks over 50 in a way that just gets me (being in that set myself). I figure that Harwood is about my generation, based on the timelines that have been shared in Cicadas. (@InfraGreen , please correct me if my understanding of the timeline is way off). Harwood feels so real--he reminds me of guys my sister went to high school and college with. He's right out of that culture. So, the cultural references add to the roundedness of his character. He's also got such a cynical, jaded attitude, and so that makes him feel real, too. Plus, Annette truly loves him, and in a way that (at least to me) seems to ask nothing of him. I tend to really identify with Annette a lot (for some reason unknown to me), and so when I see how much she cares for him, my feelings naturally flow in that direction, too.

Also, he's got a lot of hurt inside of him, and I think when we see a character like that--and then we can see that character through the eyes of a character who loves him--it's natural for us as readers to feel compassion, too.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    I'd like to add another Sim to the Purple Day celebrations. The two-legger's deceased husband in @mastressalita's Cat Chronicles. I don't know his name, but he visits the house where the two-legger and cat live (and I don't think I remember what the cat's name is... sorry). This Sim-spouse wasn't living when the story begins, but I can tell the two-legger widow loved him very much. I love these two lines and picture from Day 2....

cat002-17.jpg?zoom=2

"Then she suddenly begins to mewl again. And this time, for some reason, I let her pet me, no treats required."

Cat has a heart. <3<3<3:)

And my favorite appearance by Sim-spouse ghost so far is here... in Day 9

"…And curls up to take a catnap. He has the right idea. I won’t disturb him."
    cat009-24.jpg?zoom=2

R.I.P. Sim-spouse. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 : That is Earl Hatcher, and I actually wrote a short story about him from Rose's perspective for Purple Day last year titled Remembering Earl. Along with Edgar Evans Award, these are the only two pieces in Cat Chronicles from the Wrinkly One's perspective and they talk a lot about her grief, and consequently, how she moved through it by getting her cat Shadow. I have noticed through my stats that these two side stories are typically skipped by most Cat Chronicles readers, though.

This year I didn't have time to write a new short story, so I just put together a collage of Cat Chronicles images set to the lyrics from the song "Memories" by Within Temptation, which can be viewed here, and that picture of Earl's ghost curled up beside his widow is one of the pictures I had to include in it, it gets me in the feels every time! When that happened in game I remember how profondly touched I was.

Some (perhaps) interesting things regarding this character that never actually had a "formal" role in Cat Chronicles yet has managed to be so vital through his influence on his widow, Rose Hatcher, who is a main character...

Rose keeps Earl's urn on her dresser. The reason for this is because my grandma keeps my grandfather's urn on the mantle, and a few of my grandma's quirks were subconsciously included in Rose when I made her (that being one of them!)

Earl's ghost was never intended to be a huge part of gameplay... to be honest, I sort of "forgot" that keeping the urn around meant his ghost would show up, being a new player! But then I was like, "Well, this is a thing, and I can make this work." It was interesting, it fact, to see how the ghost of Earl behaved. Early in the story (within the first few weeks of his passing) he showed up quite a bit... it was as if he felt he really needed to "check in" on Rose, but now... he never shows up. It's as if he has gone, "She's doing all right now, it's okay."

Another interesting thing I noticed was how Shadow and he interacted. Shadow has the aggressive trait, and he doesn't really like strangers. He actually is terrible to Rose's son and daughter-in-law (the owners of the Scotty, heh), and only warmed up to her grand-daughter after she won him over with the right amount of treats and pets (even Rose had to win him over with the right amount of treats and pets!) But he never seemed to have a problem when Earl was around... once I even caught him autonomously perched on his ethereal lap while Rose was sleeping. It's almost as if the two of them always knew they had the same job -- taking care of Rose -- and therefore a mutual respect.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited December 2016
    @AdamsEve1231: I was going to say "it's easy to like and feel for a character who dies in a tragic and/or unnatural way", but that applies to maybe half of this list (Dante, Jason, Evelyn, Harwood...though I have yet to read The Loewe Legacy and could be missing them on the list, for all I know!).

I don't need a new theory necessarily. I think that plays into it. Any kind of death can play a significant role in a story, but it's more likely when it's sudden, early, or somehow tragic (which the first two tend to be). Evelyn is probably the most extreme example of that, because there would be no Dust to Dust if she first died as a peaceful old lady, or even if she died young but quietly and made peace with it. Even if there's the strong air of her being needlessly resentful and selfish throughout the story, you still feel for her because of the nature of her death.

There wasn't much fanfare around Dante's death, and it was unplanned for the story because of its nature as an ISBI, but that's memorable because of how it affected Cathy's arc with him (as for Cathy, I think we remember her because the real Cathy's simself has just become part of our community's milieu. She's everywhere and we love her always, dead or not). Living romance is dime-a-dozen. Romancing a ghost is exciting! It's a bit of ISBI-laden weirdness that's wild and entertaining and surprising in how emotional its randomness can be.

Jason...I don't have as many feelings on him! I had to remind myself where he died and how, and it was nearly a background event in the storm of Lilith's growing madness. I can see how his status as a hapless victim in the situation can resonate with others though. I just remembered everything else from Valley instead. :p

As a warning, because Harwood is (mostly) my character, I might end up rambling. Also, I believe in "death of the author" enough for my words to be meaningless if you think they're meaningless. :p

Okay, I don't know what everyone saw in him! I guess @CathyTea gave some insight, but who knows if that applies to anyone else.

Suicide isn't exactly an uncommon way to go in Eight Cicadas. It's very uncomfortable to read about for most people, if not everyone, but he's not the only one. So what makes Harwood special? He didn't make the biggest spectacle of his suicide, he didn't have a weird plan, he didn't drag out his suffering and make such a big part of his life. In fact, he was so guarded about his feelings that he spent his last night alive hanging out with his boyfriend and being a sweet babysitter for Annette's kid. He only gave a hint that some things were seriously wrong with him when Annette got him drunk one night.

Maybe that's it? Unlike, say, the Evelyns and Jasons and Dantes who die by a very bad chance, Harwood's intentional death and posthumous revealings about him explore something uncomfortable and maybe a little too real. I used it as an excuse to unpack my own suicidal thoughts and feelings of helplessness. He explicitly says that he should have moved on, but he's stuck in the mindset of being freshly widowed/injured/abused/otherwise taken advantage of. I still hold onto giant grudges against those who mistreated me at 16 or 13 or even earlier. I still fear being a Harwood, but unfortunately, the world may be full of more of them than I hope.

---

I guess for rest of them who went at and by old age, we remember them for their lives and for the feelings that the living have for them. Not much to say about it. Knowing my style, I can't relate. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. One of the things I love about SimLit is the ability to self-explore in a safe environment. I have unpacked things that have happened to me and around me and pains I have suffered through my writing and in fact, it's my own weird way of acknowledging it happened, no longer has power over me, and allows me to heal. I hope that by writing such a real character like Harwood where things didn't turn out happily-ever-after, you too, have been able to find some solace. I appreciate Harwood because he feels real, because he hides his pain, and because he doesn't. He made a choice, a devastating one, and I feel so deeply because I didn't want him to feel so helpless and hopeless. Because there have been times when I felt that way and I am grateful for those who came around me to support me and help me through. So thank you. Thank you for your brave words. Thank you for writing such a beautiful broken character like Harwood. Thank you for reminding us that things don't always end happily because we need to face our demons and learn from our mistakes and we need to acknowledge the pain is real, and hope that someone else out there might find a glimmer of hope because we weren't afraid to hide it from them.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 : That is Earl Hatcher, and I actually wrote a short story about him from Rose's perspective for Purple Day last year titled Remembering Earl. Along with Edgar Evans Award, these are the only two pieces in Cat Chronicles from the Wrinkly One's perspective and they talk a lot about her grief, and consequently, how she moved through it by getting her cat Shadow. I have noticed through my stats that these two side stories are typically skipped by most Cat Chronicles readers, though.

This year I didn't have time to write a new short story, so I just put together a collage of Cat Chronicles images set to the lyrics from the song "Memories" by Within Temptation, which can be viewed here, and that picture of Earl's ghost curled up beside his widow is one of the pictures I had to include in it, it gets me in the feels every time! When that happened in game I remember how profondly touched I was.

Some (perhaps) interesting things regarding this character that never actually had a "formal" role in Cat Chronicles yet has managed to be so vital through his influence on his widow, Rose Hatcher, who is a main character...

Rose keeps Earl's urn on her dresser. The reason for this is because my grandma keeps my grandfather's urn on the mantle, and a few of my grandma's quirks were subconsciously included in Rose when I made her (that being one of them!)

Earl's ghost was never intended to be a huge part of gameplay... to be honest, I sort of "forgot" that keeping the urn around meant his ghost would show up, being a new player! But then I was like, "Well, this is a thing, and I can make this work." It was interesting, it fact, to see how the ghost of Earl behaved. Early in the story (within the first few weeks of his passing) he showed up quite a bit... it was as if he felt he really needed to "check in" on Rose, but now... he never shows up. It's as if he has gone, "She's doing all right now, it's okay."

Another interesting thing I noticed was how Shadow and he interacted. Shadow has the aggressive trait, and he doesn't really like strangers. He actually is terrible to Rose's son and daughter-in-law (the owners of the Scotty, heh), and only warmed up to her grand-daughter after she won him over with the right amount of treats and pets (even Rose had to win him over with the right amount of treats and pets!) But he never seemed to have a problem when Earl was around... once I even caught him autonomously perched on his ethereal lap while Rose was sleeping. It's almost as if the two of them always knew they had the same job -- taking care of Rose -- and therefore a mutual respect.

@mastressalita Oh my goodness! I thought I replied already to this. Thank you for sharing. Thanks for the name. I didn't know. I definitely infuse quirks from my own family members and myself into my Sims characters, particularly Kass's grandfather, Marino or Nonno. :)

I really like the way you write Shadow. He is so believable as a cat, and I appreciate him because I, too, have a cat, a female American shorthair tuxedo. I also really like Shadow's perspective on the humans, especially the ghostly Earl. It's sweet.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited December 2016
    Okay, 1 day late this time instead of several weeks... if anyone ever wants to host a SimLit celebration, please PM me. :)

Last week's SimLit celebration was bittersweet because of the Purple Day Celebration and remembering Sims who have gone on before us. It's time to lighten the mood, shall we?

Simlit Celebration #6: Welcome to the World

In honor of my recently passed birthday, I thought we'd do a tribute to Sim births. You can read my posts and my nominations in more depth, with pictures, over on my blog here.

Please share your favorite birth moments in the Sims, and welcome these wee ones into the world once again. :smiley:

This Week's Mentioned 'Baby' Stories:

@Adamseve1231 So This is Love - Zero and Zia Briody
    @Adamseve1231 Colt Family Traitacy - Hope Colt
    @Blythelyre Torres Legacy - Rae Rose Torres
    amandralyn Gallagher Legacy - Aaron Gallagher
    @CathyTea Whisper - Marigold and Bobobo Tea
    @friendsfan367 The Benders - Benjamin Bender
    @JLBDreamer's Wild Hearts Vampiracy - Constantine, Lucretia, and Romonov
    Kate Loewe Legacy - Elisabeth Loewe
    LauraEliza Maldini Legacy - Esmeralda Maldini (born in Gen 1), Tristan Maldini (born in Gen 1), Aurora and Alec Maldini (born in Gen 2), Caleb and Celeste Maldini (born in Gen 2), Isla Maldini (born in Gen 3), and Jet Maldini (born in Gen 3)
    LauraEliza Zahra's Babies Alexis Alto (born in Gen 1), Davina, Delilah, and Diella Alto (born in Gen 1), Hazel, Heath, and Hope Alto (born in Gen 1), Isaac Alto (born in Gen 1), Jaina and Jasmine Alto (born in Gen 2), and Kiara, Kent, and Kaitlyn Alto (born in Gen 2)

@InfraGreen Eight Cicadas Mari
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Okay, 1 day late this time instead of several weeks... if anyone ever wants to host a SimLit celebration, please PM me. :)

Last week's SimLit celebration was bittersweet because of the Purple Day Celebration and remembering Sims who have gone on before us. It's time to lighten the mood, shall we?

Simlit Celebration #6: Welcome to the World

In honor of my recently passed birthday, I thought we'd do a tribute to Sim births. You can read my posts and my nominations in more depth, with pictures, over on my blog here.

Please share your favorite birth moments in the Sims, and welcome these wee ones into the world once again. :smiley:

This Week's Mentioned 'Baby' Stories:

@Adamseve1231 So This is Love - Zero and Zia Briody
    @Adamseve1231 Colt Family Traitacy - Hope Colt
    @Blythelyre Torres Legacy - Rae Rose Torres
    amandralyn Gallagher Legacy - Aaron Gallagher
    @CathyTea Whisper - Marigold and Bobobo Tea
    @friendsfan367 Benders - Benjamin Bender
    @JLBDreamer's Wild Hearts Vampiracy - Constantine, Lucretia, and Romonov
    Kate Loewe Legacy - Elisabeth Loewe
    LauraEliza Maldini Legacy - Esmeralda Maldini (born in Gen 1), Tristan Maldini (born in Gen 1), Aurora and Alec Maldini (born in Gen 2), Caleb and Celeste Maldini (born in Gen 2), Isla Maldini (born in Gen 3), and Jet Maldini (born in Gen 3)
    LauraEliza Zahra's Babies Alexis Alto (born in Gen 1), Davina, Delilah, and Diella Alto (born in Gen 1), Hazel, Heath, and Hope Alto (born in Gen 1), Isaac Alto (born in Gen 1), Jaina and Jasmine Alto (born in Gen 2), and Kiara, Kent, and Kaitlyn Alto (born in Gen 2)

thank you i love benjamin. hey you did birth stories the one thing i said never gets talked about,
    That's right, @friendsfan367. Thanks for the suggestion and recommendation! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited December 2016
    One of the recent SimLit births that still brings me a lot of joy is Mari from Eight Cicadas:

screenshot-720.jpg?w=533&h=300
    It was a high-risk pregnancy in an extended family that's experienced a lot of grief, so the fact that Mom and baby pulled through, and that the baby provides a reflection for her big "cousin" Samira's sweetness and innocence, really brings happy moments!

Here's the chapter where the baby's born: https://eightcicadas.com/2016/10/13/75-tshiab/

Edit: Forgot to mention that, of course, this story is by @InfraGreen ! (I mean, we all know that, right? :) )

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea Thanks for sharing.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @friendsfan367 I was wondering if there were any births that were particularly meaningful for you in the Benders since you've had so many in your legacy.

This goes for anyone with a legacy or baby challenge for that matter. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    My gen 6 heir had triplets. It was a boy, a girl, and then another boy. The second boy, the spare, for some reason I just felt he was special. I didn't even know the kid lol. All I knew was that I felt like he would bring something different to the legacy, and boy oh boy did he! I didn't do anything different or special with him throughout his childhood and teenage life, but he did become very special to me and my readers. There was a situation (an opportunity, if you will) that arose that gave him the opportunity to become the new heir, and I took it. He was the most amazing heir--my absolute favorite one--and I shed actual tears when he died.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    Jes2G wrote: »
    My gen 6 heir had triplets. It was a boy, a girl, and then another boy. The second boy, the spare, for some reason I just felt he was special. I didn't even know the kid lol. All I knew was that I felt like he would bring something different to the legacy, and boy oh boy did he! I didn't do anything different or special with him throughout his childhood and teenage life, but he did become very special to me and my readers. There was a situation (an opportunity, if you will) that arose that gave him the opportunity to become the new heir, and I took it. He was the most amazing heir--my absolute favorite one--and I shed actual tears when he died.

He still lives on in a different universe... and will always live on in my heart!

My most "Aw, wow!" Sim birth--that came with a huge sigh of gratification--was the Gen 10 nooboo, Sempervirens Bough. Felt A-mazing to make it that far!

ten05.png