The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Thank you very, very much @charlotteprice for helping me work the list down!! I'm down to 62 items! Whahooo!! :D

Hope your dentist appointment goes well @Astreia and yay and how cute for your little guy!

Yay!!! @Jahnna We're almost there!!!

I think I know what you mean @JoeJude16. Have you ever heard of the Pen and Paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020? You should open up one of the online PDF's for that old game and look at the gear section, particularly fax machines. My husband and I were just laughing the whole time we looked through that book at how very different reality turned out to be. lol

I do hope @Opicana is okay...

On a lighter and happy note Thanksgiving with my in-laws was good, great even. Got to see my niece and nephew who I really only see twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas because they live so far away. My sister made a custom dragon graphic t-shirt for my father-in-law that looked awesome and he loved it (and so did everyone else) ^_^! He was in great spirits, happy to see everyone and my kids were thrilled to see him. We wore him out but he was happy about it! lol And he's decided to try radiation and an experimental medicine to buy him as much time as possible because he said he thought it over and decided he's not ready to leave us just yet! So our Thanksgiving Day was awesome. Yesterday we spent with my family which was great and we played Cards Against Humanity after we ate. My mom always "wins". lol And tonight we go over to my extended family for another Thanksgiving dinner. *whew* Hope everyone else is having as great a holiday and weekend as I am! <3<3<3
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Tamaek wrote: »

I do too...
    But good to hear you had a fun time with your family @Tamaek !

And I loove the Mid-Century-set, I use it a lot, so happy to help you a little bit @JoeJude16 Bummer you have to wait some time. Time will fly by in december usually, so it may be jan 2017 before you know it! :p

• AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @Tamaek
    Aw that sounds like such a juicy day, I'm so glad you all enjoyed it, and WOW that is so cool that your sister can make shirts like that!....Uh, just to be clear, (Feels silly) you mean IRL right, not sims? Hehwhups
    23rif7.gif
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Hoplass wrote: »
    Tamaek wrote: »
    And I loove the Mid-Century-set, I use it a lot, so happy to help you a little bit @JoeJude16 Bummer you have to wait some time. Time will fly by in december usually, so it may be jan 2017 before you know it! :p

The reason I am so fond of the fifties look is that my whole family, aunts and uncles as well as my parents, had summer homes furnished with that stuff when I was growing up. Eventually the furniture got updated, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for it, even if it wasn't very comfortable.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Good Morning Everyone. For those who thanked me, you are very welcome! I have been really exhausted from RL, so I normally just farm sp's and relax. LOL

My brother is on his way over, so can't stay, but hope you all are doing well and I will try to catch up later :D

*Big Hugs*
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Thanks @charlotteprice for the clothes and kids hairstyle! Hope you had a fun day with your brother!
    edited November 2016
    @AuzzPanda *teehee* yeps real life!

@JoeJude16 I kind of understand what you mean but with me it was the country farm stuff.

@charlotteprice hope you had a great time with your brother!

Gotta run, talk to everyone later! Take care!
    Post edited by Tamaek on
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2016
    So I'm coming up for some air. I've been pretty busy in my OE. (We realized our little turkey, who isn't so little anymore, is a gobbler! This means that we now have a male and a female. Hopefully chicks are on the horizon--though our jenny hasn't been laying for quite some time.) And when I haven't been, I've actually taken a few opportunities to open up the game. I've been playing around with my Store content, and I've been trying to learn how to create an "exposed basement."

@Tamaek, I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up a bit. And congratulations to both you and @Jahnna with your progress on the Store!

@ZeeGee, thank you so much--but the gift did not go through. So please make sure the points weren't deducted from your balance!

It's a bit overdue, but my Top Five has been updated.
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    edited November 2016
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    When I was growing up the TV show Space: 1999 and the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey were not thought to be that far fetched. Here we are almost 20 years past those dates and we aren't even in space anymore. Oh well.

Just a few years ago, I watched Buck Rogers and the original Battlestar Galatica series. (Of course, the latter drew me in, and I ended up watching all of the BG productions.) And it's amazing how many little gadgets in the show more or less came to fruition. The same goes for Star Trek.

Psst ... has anyone watched Firefly? It's really corny, but for me it was one of those things that was so bad it was good. :p

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • HarleyQuinnSimmerHarleyQuinnSimmer Posts: 10 New Member
    My Top 5:

1. Serenity Retreat

2. March 2013 Compilation - I have this 2% completed
    3.World Of Wonder Carousel Collection
    4. Business As Usual Bistro
    5. Up The Ante Compilation

RyanRossFan1 is my user name on the sims 3 site. I can't post any links at the moemnet cause its saying I have to be around a little while longer before I can post links
    edited November 2016
    @JovialJoy
    Aww! Do you have any pics of the Turkey?

@HarleyQuinnSimmer
    Welcome!
    23rif7.gif
    @JovialJoy, Thanks for the Floor Lamp.

As for your jenny not laying, my sister's hens (chickens) also seem to be winding down. I forget how old they are, but they are no spring chickens. :D I also have no idea which breeds she has other than one being a Rhode Island Red, us being from Rhode Island and all. I also know that one of them lays green eggs with bright yellow yolks, but not which type she is.
    aka Jude

My Studio

I've decided that with the ads being so generous I've taken down my wishlist. I've already been gifted the big ticket items that aren't on the DD and would rather have gifters concentrate on newer members of the group. I've actually started gifting items in this category myself. I'm hoping that no one takes offense, but rather appreciates my intent of this being a sign of my gratitude and starting to pay it forward.

While I'm nowhere near owning the store, I'm fairly close to having those items and sets that matter to me. Once I have them I still feel that helping others out will be far more satisfying than owning every hairstyle. I also need to start spending more time actually playing the game! Although the thrill of trying to snag 1,000 SP a day has it's draw, I really should try getting my singer to start performing in other people's towns. Which apparently requires another person to join the household? I was so looking forward to playing a one person family for a change.

Also, when I finish here I'm going to try to put the new computer together. Again. Maybe my good luck with the ads will spill over into OE. I'll certainly let you all know. I have decided that if it doesn't come together I'm biting the bullet and just buying a pre-built system. I don't even know how much money I've thrown at this project with the intent of keeping the price tag down, and I have no intention of doing the math. *sigh*

That's it for now. There will definitely be an update later on how the PC build went.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited November 2016
    Thank you for the pretty top @JovialJoy, it certainly helps. ;)

Hello and welcome to directory @HarleyQuinnSimmer! I think you'll find it very entertaining. B) And if you haven't yet you should check out Daily Deal (DD) Rotation and Sales Help - Continuation of September List. Jody (@me1620) has compiled quite the list of resources on the first few posts and the rest is a list of all the Daily Deal rotation. And if you have any questions about how to make the most of your simpoints don't hesitate to post over there. Everyone is super helpful and very friendly. o:) Also instead of posting whole sets and compilations post individual items from the sets that you don't own, that way gifters won't repeat things you've already bought, and we can gift even if we don't have a lot of simpoints.

Keep us posted @JoeJude16. Fingers crossed and positive vibes coming your way! :)

• BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Body is 5 characters too short... Top five is updated! I have been very sick since Thanksgiving, so it was nice to log on and see most of my top five knocked off by @charlotteprice :smiley:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @karnzter I'm sorry this thank you is SO late in coming, but thank you so much for the Mini Mountains Table Light! It was a treat to see it in my downloads dashboard :)
  • bps3bps3 Posts: 1,060 Member
    I love threads like these (so much positivity!!) and im glad to be back :D

My top 5 is in my wishlist here: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=bps3#

Happy simming everyone <3
    edited November 2016
    Hiya @bps3 , welcome back!

Aw thank you SO much @charlotteprice ! It's bluffooningly gorgeous! Ah thanks! Really really nice of you, I REALLY appreciate it. Really. (Did I overuse that word). Thanks :)

Hope everyone's having a good one.
    23rif7.gif
    Thank you from me as well @charlotteprice for the gifts! Every one helps shorten the list! :wink:

edited November 2016
    @charlotteprice strikes again! B) Thank you for knocking out my Top Five once more.

And @ZeeGee, thank you so much for not only trying to send me that gift--but for doing it twice! <3

I've updated my Top Five.

@AuzzPanda, I'm not sure where to ... host? ... pictures to be able to put them in comments. I've never done this before. I thought I could do it through tumblr, and tried, but failed. However, as I alluded to before, Little Turkey isn't a cute little chick any more. He's now bigger than our female bird--although she's older. And @JoeJude16, our jenny is less than two years old. Around maybe one year of age, she started laying, and then abruptly stopped a few months thereafter. So we were hoping that if the Little Turkey was a gobbler, that once he matured, she would respond to him and start laying again. We'll see...

They're more like pets, though we would like some chicks and eggs from them, but that's actually what we call them: Turkey and Little Turkey. :p

All of our birds have "names" based off of their breed or a characteristic: Little Old Hen, Big Bird, Featherfoot, Legs, Rhodey, One Eye, Zebra, Little Bird.

Although, since I caught a "wild" one-eyed rooster, we're thinking we'll have to rename one eye (since the condition that lead to that name was temporary anyway) because we've been calling the rooster Ole Wiley One Eye. :D

• XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    edited November 2016
    Woot! Ok, I have been away due to husband needing the computer for college and other holiday reasons.

So glad to be back! I am excited, because with the Steam Autumn sale, I now own all the Expansion packs, and my three favorite Stuff Packs! (Outdoor Living, Movie Stuff, and Master Suite).

I am so happy. ^_^ It started raining on my sim and I went squee
    @JovialJoy, I host my pics on Photobucket. They have a very convenient feature that after you've uploaded the picture there is a link to the right that loads a link to the pic straight to your clipboard which can then be pasted into a Comment or Signature here. Only downside is the ads can be intrusive and take a little maneuvering to get around, but only some of the time. Mostly it's convenient, easy to use and free.

Oh, and the PC is still DOA. I can't understand it. At this point I've changed out everything but the graphics card, and that worked at one point. Unless it got fried by the second bad motherboard. Still pondering which way to go next.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Thank you for the Fantasy Activity Table, Xanthina Mae (Does anyone know their @ here on the forums? Is it @Xanthina ?) Unfortunately, the store has been giving me problems and I don't actually own the item.. :confounded:
    Top five :)
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    edited November 2016
    @JovialJoy, I host my pics on Photobucket.

So I guess I'll look into Photobucket then! B)

Oh, and the PC is still DOA. I can't understand it. At this point I've changed out everything but the graphics card, and that worked at one point. Unless it got fried by the second bad motherboard. Still pondering which way to go next.

Sorry to hear about that! :( Does this mean you're going to buy a ready-made? Myself, I'm still shopping around. I'm just so wary about making large purchases. But I would like to be able to play this game and with expansion packs! My current laptop can barely handle the base game with High End Loft and Late Night. It takes forever to load The Sims, and then it's really laggy. Adding store content has only made matters worse! :D Speaking of which...

After I picked up Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles, I updated my Top Five. I'm now working on lowering my CYS for the Everyday Kids Collection that's coming up on the DD in a couple of days. Unfortunately most of the pieces in that set are higher priced, and I currently own none of them. Eek! :# But ads have been good, so I'm hopeful--regardless.