Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enable Beauty Marks & Unnatural Hair Colors for Kiddos?

It would make me so happy!!!

o:)
My Simblr: WaffleKone

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Same here! It's such a pain when I have two sims with an unnatural hair color, but their kids age up to Child with black or brown hair...Mom has purple hair, Dad has aqua. Huh? And I'd love to make a kid with some rad pink hair too! I mean, especially with the fact that blue and green skin is perfectly heritable with no age delay.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Agreed. When I tried a legacy I gave my sim blue hair hoping to see some interesting hair in the family tree only to learn kids can't have blue hair. Her daughter ended up with red hair that came from nowhere, and all of her kids down the line had red hair too :/

I miss being able to have kids with natural cyan hair and neon green highlights :lol:
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • RosaleeMaeRosaleeMae Posts: 51 Member
    would be amazing if the hair colors was natural and unnatural would be a blast to see what the kids end up with
  • simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Agreed!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Definitely want this! One of my legacy rules is that the heirs MUST have an unnatural hair color. At first, I decided that if the kid had a hair color not in the genetics, I would change it to the unnatural hair color at age up. I did that for the generation 2 heir, but he married another sim with unnatural hair color and now I have to use a randomizer for the kids' hair colors. And then I decided to just do the traditional first-born.
  • higgenbockerhiggenbocker Posts: 124 Member
    ahhh!! That would be so cool!!
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    I'm one of those people that don't like crazy colors being genetic. That always bugged me about TS3, kids would be born with highlights, darker roots, blue tips... But I'm not against the option for kids to have unnatural hair colors.

What they could do is add the option to set a sims natural hair color, the one that will be passed down through genetics.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I'm one of those people that don't like crazy colors being genetic. That always bugged me about TS3, kids would be born with highlights, darker roots, blue tips... But I'm not against the option for kids to have unnatural hair colors.

What they could do is add the option to set a sims natural hair color, the one that will be passed down through genetics.

I'd really appreciate the option to have unnatural hair colors genetic or not. I think it's something simple they could add in a patch. We need more hair color and style options for kids!!! Girls especially need more hairstyles. Where is the straight hair!? Just straight and down, that's it. Not tucked behind the ear - I hate that hair style with a passion!
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2016
    I've had my beauty marks since I was a kid. 100% behind this idea, and unnatural hair colours too, but with a marker for if I want it to be genetic. Sometimes in my imagination it's a genetic colour, sometimes it's not.

Oh. And I'd love to be able to actually place the beauty marks where I want them! That would be epic. (The one in my self-Sim isn't really quite right.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited November 2016
    I've had my beauty marks since I was a kid. 100% behind this idea, and unnatural hair colours too, but with a marker for if I want it to be genetic. Sometimes in my imagination it's a genetic colour, sometimes it's not.

Oh. And I'd love to be able to actually place the beauty marks where I want them! That would be epic. (The one in my self-Sim isn't really quite right.)

replace "beauty mark' with Freckles and make them genetic for me. For hair I had to use CC for unnatural-looking Sim kiddos' hair (I have one sim with Blue Hair and another sim with Pink and a third with White)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oh gosh, yes. Genetic freckles! I'm always forgetting to go into CAS.fulleditmode to add them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    replace "beauty mark' with Freckles and make them genetic for me. For hair I had to use CC for unnatural-looking Sim kiddos' hair (I have one sim with Blue Hair and another sim with Pink and a third with White)
    Oh gosh, yes. Genetic freckles! I'm always forgetting to go into CAS.fulleditmode to add them.

Yeah! What's up with freckles not being genetic? Craziness! I want my sims to grow up with freckles-I just don't really like adding them myself because I feel like I'm unnecessarily changing the original sim and idk I just try not to do that.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Wait a moment... kids can't have unnatural hair colours!? So that's why they always end up with some random (mostly red/brown) hair when I set a green-haired Sim as their mother/father!
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Yeah! What's up with freckles not being genetic? Craziness! I want my sims to grow up with freckles-I just don't really like adding them myself because I feel like I'm unnecessarily changing the original sim and idk I just try not to do that.

When the parents have freckles, I roll a dice when the baby age into a child and add them. That way I'm keeping the random part, and it feels less like I'm making the change myself. But I would prefer it to be genetic too !
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yea I really don't get why they aren't genetic, especially freckles and birth marks. I mean, kids have freckles. It's more common for them too, which is why its weird that only Teens+ can have them...
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes please!

It is so irritating having two aliens with blue hair unable to have a child with blue hair. Genetic freckles would be great as well. And pretty please more options for beautymarks.
  • CrystalizedDawnCrystalizedDawn Posts: 12 New Member
    It would be awesome if they could acquire scars naturally as a result of an accident at work, but that would most likely require recoding game play, so just having it as a design aspect would be amazing.
  • IiceiapoppetIiceiapoppet Posts: 1 New Member
    Also, more realistic curly hair? More hair style types? Such as half up half down? I like the variety we have gotten, but there are no realistic curly hair types that aren't "perfect".
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Genetic freckles, beautimarks and randomly added wrinkles upon aging up to an adult would be my dream. I'd like genetic unnatural hair colors as well but they're less of a priority. I'd love to be able to do the perfect genetics challenge again, especially since we already have special skin and eye colors.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!