Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims 2 lovers still play sims 4?? Ok there ya happy!

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I play both 2 and 4. TS2 is an excellent, well-crafted gaming experience and I lose entire days playing it. TS4 is a good game...but it has a lot of rough edges and it often feels like it's still being experimented with rather heavily at times--particularly when they put out a patch that makes a major gameplay change that probably looked better on paper than it functions in practice.

Besides, I've got TS2:UC and I'm still exploring all of the content from the EP's! I haven't even opened a business or sent anyone to college yet, let alone gone on vacation or tried out apartments...Still so many toys left untouched in my toybox! :D
    Yes I have had the sims 2 sense the very beginning and I am still experiencing new things about this game.. straight masterpiece

Absolutely! The other day during my play session, my teenaged werewolf (who I intentionally gave the Pleasure aspiration, because I wanted him to be miserable being a werewolf) had his aspiration meter all the way in the red after his parents howled. I was hoping that he would get a visit from the Therapist, but he had a couple of nice little tantrums instead...the last of which I had him punctuate with a howl. I didn't even know that Teens had tantrums instead of getting visited by the Therapist, so that was a fun surprise.

For all the pretty visuals and the technical improvements, TS4 has never really surprised me...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I play both 2 and 4. TS2 is an excellent, well-crafted gaming experience and I lose entire days playing it. TS4 is a good game...but it has a lot of rough edges and it often feels like it's still being experimented with rather heavily at times--particularly when they put out a patch that makes a major gameplay change that probably looked better on paper than it functions in practice.

Besides, I've got TS2:UC and I'm still exploring all of the content from the EP's! I haven't even opened a business or sent anyone to college yet, let alone gone on vacation or tried out apartments...Still so many toys left untouched in my toybox! :D
    Yes I have had the sims 2 sense the very beginning and I am still experiencing new things about this game.. straight masterpiece

Absolutely! The other day during my play session, my teenaged werewolf (who I intentionally gave the Pleasure aspiration, because I wanted him to be miserable being a werewolf) had his aspiration meter all the way in the red after his parents howled. I was hoping that he would get a visit from the Therapist, but he had a couple of nice little tantrums instead...the last of which I had him punctuate with a howl. I didn't even know that Teens had tantrums instead of getting visited by the Therapist, so that was a fun surprise.

For all the pretty visuals and the technical improvements, TS4 has never really surprised me...

Oh yes, teens have temper tantrums. In the case of my teen, I never could understand why, as he seemed in good spirits according to his aspiration/needs meter. However, after dealing with certain things (taking care of his four younger siblings because his parents were either working or dealing with something and couldn't do what the siblings needed), he would go downstairs, and out into the backyard and stomp on the flower beds until they were dust! Or sometimes he'd go to the front yard and kick the trash can over. He did this numerous times in a couple of days, lol.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    i have never seen this i need to let my sims go in the red sometimes.. looks like that i am missing a lot of fun
  • chewpikkachewpikka Posts: 42 Member
    yes! sims 2 was my favoriteee, and i just couldn't get into 3 for some reason but 4 definitely brought me back (: build mode and cas is amazing in the sims 4, but i do miss memories and the personality that sims 2 had :blush:
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Yes I still do play TS4 but not as much as I do TS2 / The Sims Castaway Stories, I also spend a lot of time playing TS3.
  • ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    I started a bachelorette challenge in the sims 4 and got bored by the 2nd rose ceremony..... That says a lot to me mostly because i was starting to miss 4 a bit and got bored in like 6 sim days (also it is to hard to build friendships)
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I never really warmed up to Sims 3, so when Sims 4 was released I had gone back to Sims 2 already. Took to it instantly when I watched the gamers camp videos. At the moment I play both games, though the magic of Sims 4 is starting to die down. CL doesn't cut it for me, it's not that I actively disliked it, but I'd rather had gotten farm life, teamsports or amusement parks. At the current pace I think I've done all I wanted to in Sims 4 in about half a year. All in all that was time well spent, but imo the the new game cannot match the amazing longtime appeal of Sims 2.
  • CreosoteCreosote Posts: 17 Member
    played all four. prefer 2 and 3. don't like four. (well I take that back I like the cas) but I hate the rest of the game.
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    I personally don't play TS4 anymore. I probably only clocked in about roughly 30 hours playing it over the span of two years and it just never had the quality that TS2 and TS3 had. With TS2 and TS3 I was drawn in immediately and could spend countless hours playing without even realizing how much time had gone by. When I played TS4 everything just felt like a chore and I was almost forcing myself to play it to justify paying the money for it. This year I finally gave up on TS4 and completely removed it from my computer and managed to get TS2-UC and have been playing that off and on for months. I am so engaged with the families and the stories I am creating. I can't even picture myself putting TS4 back on my computer at this point.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I played Sims 4 a lot. I wasn't completely satisfied with the game but I enjoyed it. Then the relationship culling\ decay hit. All my married couples up decayed to zero. Really? So I stopped playing because my saves with storylines were ruined. Then I started to just build in the game. I was having fun building restaurants and such. I went to build a restaurant in Granite Falls and found that I am not able to change the lot types anymore. Yeah so that pretty much killed the game. I am not happy with the gameplay and now I can't build. I will stick to Sims 2 and 3. I just can't with Sims 4 anymore. Every time I try to like it, I am faced with some ridiculous limitation.

I just want to scream at developers to fix the game but it is just not worth it. People are still going to buy every pack because Sims is like a drug that many people are addicted to. I know because I had to literally force myself not to break and buy City Living knowing I would be angry about the lack of content or the limitations I encountered. I think we need a Sims 4 Anonymous Support Group. We support each other in taking a stand against the game verbally and financially. People can admit when then fell off the wagon and bought a pack only to be disappointed. We also support each other through each stuff pack, game pack and expansion pack so we don't caught up in the hype of trailers...LOL You get the idea...
  • sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    Maybe I'm backwards but I'm a Sims 4 player who also plays Sims 2...and 3 and 1 on occasions.

I've played every Sims game since 2000 and bought every expansion when it came out so technically I have the whole collection. Currently my focus is on the Sims 4 because its new. I played Sims 3 like crazy, I bought a computer with specs specifically just to run the game perfectly and I played it from the day it came out until Sims 4 was released.

I missed Sims 2, I played it, I owned it and all expansions but I didn't have time for it when it was current because it was my senior year of high school through my senior year of college so I didn't get to devote enough time to it. Now I'm going through the game again after not touching it for 8 years.

With every Sims there's things from the past games you miss in the current games and things in the current games you wish were in the past games but right now it seems like Sims 2 is perfect. Its HARD without cheats. First day back to playing it I lost my dogs and one of my Sims almost starved to death because he had food poisoning and wouldn't eat. I actually like that...its like Sims 4 is way too easy...but it's pretty.

Maybe my favorite will always be Sims 3...but I am enjoying my retro gaming of Sims 2 right now. Plus it runs really nice on my old laptop.
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I have the base game and GTW, but I don't play TS4. It is a poorly thought out, poorly designed game at premium price.

Fool me once... :unamused:

In ten years from now, I will not even remember which Sims game TS4 was. I will, however (hardware permitting) still be playing TS2. That is the difference between a good video game and a lousy one.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I have the base game and GTW, but I don't play TS4. It is a poorly thought out, poorly designed game at premium price.

In ten years from now, I will not even remember which Sims game TS4 was. I will, however (hardware permitting) still be playing TS2. That is the difference between a good video game and a lousy one.

Sometimes, I have wondered did they not build TS4 as indepth as the others because they knew people would stick with the game they preferred and were not moving on to new games. So, it's not meant to be played for years. Maybe that hurt their bottom line (which I doubt with TS3) if people were saying hey this game can last me twenty years, why buy a new one, so they decided to build them cheaper and leaner and less complexity so they could do this over and over and people could no longer hold on to a game after twenty years? Just my ramblings.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited November 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »

Sometimes, I have wondered did they not build TS4 as indepth as the others because they knew people would stick with the game they preferred and were not moving on to new games. So, it's not meant to be played for years. Maybe that hurt their bottom line (which I doubt with TS3) if people were saying hey this game can last me twenty years, why buy a new one, so they decided to build them cheaper and leaner and less complexity so they could do this over and over and people could no longer hold on to a game after twenty years? Just my ramblings.

I wanted to upgrade my game. That is why I bought TS4. I would happily retire TS2 if there were a sequel to supersede it--the same way I thought I'd be playing the Sims forever until I played TS2. In fact, to the best of my knowledge, TS1 is the only game where the majority of the Sim community moved on. TS2 is still a thriving community, TS3 is still a thriving community. I really don't see this happening for TS4 if TS5 is a decent game. That isn't to say that players who are happy with TS2 and TS3 won't stick with their games, but I think the reason why the communities are not fading is due to the fact that every iteration since TS2 has not replaced the game (i.e., providing all of the playability features of TS2 and then bringing more to the table) whereas TS2 was a proper successor to TS1.

It should be noted that while I'm biased when it comes to TS2, I have never said that TS3 was a "bad" game. I've always thought of it as a "different game" with its own strengths and weaknesses, and I considered the TS2/TS3 community a fractured community where different players enjoyed one or more elements of the Sims more than another and therefore leant more towards either TS2 or TS3 based on their inclination. That being said, I honestly think that TS4 is simply a bad game. :-1: It has no redeeming qualities considering the capabilities of computers today vs when TS1, TS2, and TS3 came out. The TS4 Sims aren't pretty enough to justify being the dumbest AI Sims to date, and nothing can be said about the game play restrictions on creativity and imagination. Blaaargh :unamused:
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    I'm currently playing both but TS2 is my all time fav. I play it more than 4 (which I just started playing after purchasing City Living and Get Together).
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
    I play 4. It reminds me of a distant half related cousin to TS2. I say half related because 4 is missing elements that 2 has. 2 is 12 years old and I still play it way more than the newer game! I just love it so much
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    I play 2, 3, and 4, and I ordered The Sims Complete Collection off of eBay today, so soon enough I will be playing all 4.

I like Sims 4. There are some things that the game does really well that keep me coming back to it. Same with 3 and 2, and soon to be 1. I feel like each generation has their own unique things about them that make them entertaining enough to rotate playing them. Right now I am on a big Sims 2 kick, but once Sims 1 comes in the mail within the next few days, I will be playing that exclusively for a while.
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I play TS4 on a daily basis, TS2 will always be my favorite though.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    I play ts2 daily, city living is boring to me
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I play Sims 4 from time to time if I am really bored. Ideally I'd play Sims 3, but it's not possible right now. Oddly enough, I like sims 2 way more than sims 4, but I play sims 4 more. :hushed: I think its rather easy to conclude that most Sims 2 players aren't huge fans of Sims 4.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    Play sims 4 every now and then and enjoy it for a while but really can take it or leave it. Sims 2 is far more addictive and have so far never got bored of it.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I play all 3 and 2 MMOs lol.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2017
    I still play sims 4, especially after toddlers and vampires came out, but I still love Sims 2 very, very much. I'm taking log breaks from Sims 3 constantly, and I'm still lukewarm towards it, but I still dip in little bit here and there (with mods!) because of the Island Paradise and Into the Future content.

While I do like it, and I am actually still playing it the most of the sims games nowadays (because of the ease and casual pick up and play aspect of it), I do feel that Sims 4 still has some ways to go.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • cartersmom91cartersmom91 Posts: 12 New Member
    I plan on buying the complete collection of TS2 (minus free time and apartment life because I have a MAC...which sucks) TONIGHT! I am over TS4. I am over it. I have bought all of the EP's and all but one of the GP's and it still doesn't satisfy me. I was playing TS3 for a while but it is pretty slow in comparison to TS4 but even still its more enjoyable. TS4 just doesnt have enough depth for me. It is too easy and too repetitive and childish in comparison to its predecessors. But i LOVE The Sims in general and I want to get that love for the game back so I am going backwards to TS2 until TS4 comes correct or even a new type or Sims game by diff creators comes out. Smh.