Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Sourocha wrote: »
    Oh, Jocelyn...things are not going so good right now....I hope the emptyness she is feeling is that she is confused about...well, everything, and don't even know what to do, and what to feel...I know a saying from my country that is, ''An empty mind is the devil's workshop'' don't know if you get it, but I sure hope that her emptyness don't go that way...and Tobi, od dear...Is even more sad because I'm re-reading some old chapters, and is very sad to see the loveable Tobi drinking and all that stuff...I wonder how much time will take for they to learn to deal with death, because, if you see in a bigger picture, at least for the childrem, they will live more life without Luc and Hazel than with than in their lifes...but i do agree that in childhood, things matter much more.

I like that saying @Sourocha ! Hopefully it won't be the case with Jocelyne, but we'll see... and yes, Tobi :( Ugh this is so hard for me to write haha I hope the family can learn to move on soon. :(
    snvAF3B.png
    Today we hear from Auggy again :)

Interlude: Relax
    edcDvtP.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Well, that came as a shock! I hope he said no because of the circumstances and not because his feelings have changed. Gus's thoughts on how time with Noah seems like an eternity is not a good sign. Patiently (or not) waiting for your next chapter no matter which family member it involves. Saturday seems a long way off.
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Well, that came as a shock! I hope he said no because of the circumstances and not because his feelings have changed. Gus's thoughts on how time with Noah seems like an eternity is not a good sign. Patiently (or not) waiting for your next chapter no matter which family member it involves. Saturday seems a long way off.

@suzanna13 In Gus' defense, he did say that it felt like both an eternity AND the blink of an eye at the same time. I think what he meant by that statement was that time has flown, but it also feels like they've been together forever (as in, he can't even imagine/remember a time they weren't together).

Still, his reason for saying no definitely remains unclear... We'll have to wait until we hear from him again to get more of the story! :)

I'm glad you're so excited for the next chapter :) Thanks so much for reading! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    And just something I have notice a little time ago, but never said it, or did I? interlude chapters are usually In narrator style, and that way, we can see the events happening one by another, not like the usual chapters, that are mostly in the end of the day saying how it was, It also show many points of view of diferent chapters, and don't have the "personal point of view when describing the scene, like the normal chapters have.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2016
    And just something I have notice a little time ago, but never said it, or did I? interlude chapters are usually In narrator style, and that way, we can see the events happening one by another, not like the usual chapters, that are mostly in the end of the day saying how it was, It also show many points of view of diferent chapters, and don't have the "personal point of view when describing the scene, like the normal chapters have.

Actually, even though it's told in 3rd person, this interlude is told from Gus' POV. We still hear his thoughts. But we are left on a cliffhanger, which @CitizenErased14 loves to do!

I think they'll work out their emotions and hopefully will get their wedding!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Actually, even though it's told in 3rd person, this interlude is told from Gus' POV. We still hear his thoughts. But we are left on a cliffhanger, which @CitizenErased14 loves to do!

I think they'll work out their emotions and hopefully will get their wedding!

@Sourocha @pammiechick Yeah, my interludes are 3rd person, but we are still only inside one character's head at a time. :) But it's less personal because it's not 1st person like the journals, where we are DIRECTLY inside the character's head/seeing their most personal thoughts. So I do see what you're saying Sourocha :) But pammie is also right :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    Here's today's chapter:

Interlude: Help
    t4aEbzV.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Somehow this seems like the calm before the next storm..... :( The Tobi storm...
    Today we hear from sweet little Zayne again.

5.7: Too Sad
    WcWXN0S.png
    snvAF3B.png
    edited November 2016
    Tobi, Tobi...do you realize little eyes are watching and learning? Alcohism isn't easy to beat. I'm sad Tobi is going down this path...but I'm happy Zayne has Gus! That's a bright spot in him coming home. Gus is my favorite character atm, besides Zayne (but he hasn't had a chance to screw up lol!
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    *Cries because Zayne wants a younger sibling and Lucas and Hazel wanted it for him too*
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Aww poor baby! At least he's slowly adjusting.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    Tobi, Tobi...do you realize little eyes are watching and learning? Alcohism isn't easy to beat. I'm sad Tobi is going down this path...but I'm happy Zayne has Gus! That's a bright spot in him coming home. Gus is my favorite character atm, besides Zayne (but he hasn't had a chance to scr*ew up lol!

@pammiechick yes, Tobi definitely needs to realize the example he's setting for his grandkids. :( Ugh. I'm glad you love Zayne and Gus so much :blush: Fair warning -- as a Rosebrook heir, Zayne is basically guaranteed to screw up at some point. :joy: But for now, yes. He is precious :heart:
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    *Cries because Zayne wants a younger sibling and Lucas and Hazel wanted it for him too*

I know @Ruby10990 :( It's very sad.
    Aww poor baby! At least he's slowly adjusting.

@SeaDragonSong Yeah, he's getting there! Poor kid :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Awwwhh, poor Zayne! He's finally realizing the truth! I just want to hug him so much!
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    You really can see that Zayne gets older and finally thinks more realistic :) I'm still sorry for him. At the point when he mentioned his relationship with Joce he kinde reminded me of Stefan when Jonas got married to Mari :) I'm so glad that Gus is there for Zayne, I really hope that he and Noah sort out their problems, I would be so sad if they seperate :/ I loved the episode again <3
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Awwwhh, poor Zayne! He's finally realizing the truth! I just want to hug him so much!

@Sterretjeee yes, the truth his finally sinking in :( Overall probably a good thing, but definitely devastating for the poor little guy!
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    You really can see that Zayne gets older and finally thinks more realistic :) I'm still sorry for him. At the point when he mentioned his relationship with Joce he kinde reminded me of Stefan when Jonas got married to Mari :) I'm so glad that Gus is there for Zayne, I really hope that he and Noah sort out their problems, I would be so sad if they seperate :/ I loved the episode again <3

@YJB19299 Yeah, he's definitely becoming more aware of the reality of the situation. And that's a good connection between how Stefan felt about Jonas and how Zayne is feeling about Joce! Very true. :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    Ugh, I still absolutely love this story but its difficult to read right now. Weird question: Do you happen to have a version without pictures? Zaynes scar.. well, it's hitting home a bit too real right now.

Anyways, worked up the courage to get up to date, and WHAT THE HECK TOBI. Like I get that youre hurting but theres so many little kids watching, youre teaching them horrible things! Stooooop!

At the start of the Gus/Noah episode, I knew he was going to propose. I just knew it. Why did Gus have to say no?! I feel like it has to do with not wanting to get into something he knows deep down Noah doesnt actually want, or at least I really hope thats the case. Those two cant split up, they're so good together and so freaking adorable!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    MariskaAmy wrote: »
    Ugh, I still absolutely love this story but its difficult to read right now. Weird question: Do you happen to have a version without pictures? Zaynes scar.. well, it's hitting home a bit too real right now.

Anyways, worked up the courage to get up to date, and WHAT THE HECK TOBI. Like I get that youre hurting but theres so many little kids watching, youre teaching them horrible things! Stooooop!

At the start of the Gus/Noah episode, I knew he was going to propose. I just knew it. Why did Gus have to say no?! I feel like it has to do with not wanting to get into something he knows deep down Noah doesnt actually want, or at least I really hope thats the case. Those two cant split up, they're so good together and so freaking adorable!

you mean why did Noah say no?
    6adMCGP.gif

@MariskaAmy I'm sorry that the story is hitting so close to home for you :( If you need to take a break, it's okay. Unfortunately there's no version without pictures. The screenshots are very crucial to the chapters (sometimes even showing things that the words do not, or acting alone when there are no words at all), so I don't upload/save any all-text versions of them :(

You are right, Tobi is definitely making a huge mistake here and setting an awful example, and we are gonna get more info about the Gus and Noah situation soon :)
    snvAF3B.png
    I had fun writing and screenshotting this one :)

Interlude: Fun & Games
    dd8PZtO.png
    snvAF3B.png
    That was a much needed light chapter! I loved those bumper cars!! Very cool!

And I laughed when Jocelyn got jealous. That whole scene was hilarious! Thank you for the happiness!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    MadameLee wrote: »

you mean why did Noah say no?

No, Noah proposed, Gus declined.
    @MariskaAmy I'm sorry that the story is hitting so close to home for you :( If you need to take a break, it's okay. Unfortunately there's no version without pictures. The screenshots are very crucial to the chapters (sometimes even showing things that the words do not, or acting alone when there are no words at all), so I don't upload/save any all-text versions of them :(

You are right, Tobi is definitely making a huge mistake here and setting an awful example, and we are gonna get more info about the Gus and Noah situation soon :)

I understand, just had to ask you know? And uh, thanks for having Zayne smile some in the latest chapter, hopefully my Amy will do so soon as well. Its quite the compliment to your writing for it to hit me, by the way, doesnt happen too often.

Looking forward to hearing more about the Noah/Gus situation soon, they deserve more spotlight for sure!
    We finally hear from Auggy :)

Interlude: Who Knows?
    P8PockF.jpg
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top