Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving a family without gutting current house of items?

Ok prob a dumb question. But how do I move family's around without them taking all the furniture and stuff from their current house so if I move someone else back into their old home I don't need to refurnish the whole thing.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello
    When they are moving from the lot, have them sell the furniture instead. There is an option choice to "sell furniture" when moving from the lot.
  • kaputtinokaputtino Posts: 56 Member
    I saw someone saying in some other thread to evict your household instead of moving them on manage worlds.
    I tried it and it worked for me :)
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    yes just do the eviction thing. I've had to refurnish three apartments because of this. :/ Even if my active sims aren't living there I can't just let my NPC live in an empty apartment. lol
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I think it should be an option to keep the stuff or let it stay there. Cause when I move them, I intend to move others in.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    As Rosemow said, when moving you click the box to sell furniture and that will keep it as the old house plus you get money from the sale.
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    When they are moving from the lot, have them sell the furniture instead. There is an option choice to "sell furniture" when moving from the lot.

I was wondering if that option sold everything in the family inventory too, or just the stuff on the lot.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    WissaWolf wrote: »
    Hello

I was wondering if that option sold everything in the family inventory too, or just the stuff on the lot.

It's just the stuff on the lot. Family inventory comes with the family, so you can pack there what you want to take with them.
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    Thank you.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello

Hello
    It is what luimistelija wrote. It is just the stuff on the lot that is sold. Your sims take whatever is in the family inventory with them when moving.
  • OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    Hello

Hello
    It is what luimistelija wrote. It is just the stuff on the lot that is sold. Your sims take whatever is in the family inventory with them when moving.

I'm glad I decided to peek in on this thread because I have a family I'm just about to move with a few collectibles that I want to make sure I take with them and couldn't remember how to do it. Just out of curiosity does anyone know if you've had a sim do certain upgrades to certain items, and say you take the upgraded item with you when you move do those upgrades stay on the items or will my sim have to re-apply the upgrade? I know it's probably a dumb question but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!