Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnant by Woohoo?

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited December 2015
    Neia wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    MissB wrote: »
    regular woohoo does not lead to pregnancy. You must have accidently clicked on try for a baby.

Actually it has always had a low percent that it could happen and does in Sims 3 and Sims 4 in the main neighborhood. The only times there is zero percent with your sims - except with native Sims in the area in Sims 3 was in WA worlds, and the University for all sims. Those are the only places I have seen in Sims 3 the protect is 100 percent for playable sims - - but look out in WA as it seems if you get too friendly and I just mean friendly - if you use the time machine to go in the future - you may end up having a child that is yours from one of the WA worlds. I know I have a male that now has 3 kids who came out of the time machine - one from each of those 3 worlds - their moms were just sims my sim befriended to get info from to do with the tombs and the jobs he was doing for those who sent him to get things in the tombs. He never once even kissed any of those ladies, but they did hug sometimes when he'd come back - so those hugs are explosive I guess. On the other end - though going to those worlds with a spouse seemed to be harder to get pregnant as I sometimes sent honeymooners there and every actual try for baby always failed - and accidental pregnancy was zero percent ironically with a spouse. It was also zero percent for try for baby or accidental while staying at Uni also.

I have heard there is a low percent in all woohoo in sims 4 - but the precentage goes up drastically when you try for baby. Because I don't want any of those poof babies - I do not allow my sims any woohoo - seeing knowing my luck because i want NO part of those object babies that poof into 10 year olds - my sims would be the ones having them accidently - so forget it - my sims are all celebant monks and nuns.

The only time my Sims 4 had any woohoo was during the woohoo challenge I married the guy I made for the camping gp to the female parkranger as they were BF's and the only sims in my entire game that had an inkling of a chance to have woohoo - I just wanted to try and help everyone get the free hairs and such so I did my part - but just one of the 3 days of the challenge as sure enough these sims finally ended up with that poof baby - so I had to shut off aging to keep the devils spawn from poofing into a kid. I quit playing after that and have not played since. But yeah it is very possible but does take a while. Stay away from woohoo challenges LOL - I guess.

ETA I don't use CC or mods in Sims 3 or Sims 4. I do have CC in sims 2 but just skins and eyes and a few face plates. I also have CEP and Simpe for fixing broken sims or doing my own recolors just for my sims 2 though.

Sims 3 I own the store completely - so never had a need for more content - and I can color anything in the game so did not need any tools either. As for Sims 4 as long as a game is getting constant patches I do not like all the hoop jumping putting in CC and mods and taking out constantly with every patch or breaking the game - so if I ever do get mods or CC for Sims 4 it will be well after the game is done getting patches. That is if i ever play Sims 4 again. Right now I am enjoying playing my style with whole families and legacies in Sims 2 and 3.... and no devil spawn poof babies!!!!!

The Sims 2 does not seem to have any pregnancies with regular woohoo - so if you want to avoid it you can always play sims 2 instead. My sims in sims 2 have lots of romance and no babies unless I have them try for them.

It has been confirmed by the SimGurus that Woohoo can't lead to pregnancy. So woohoo pregnancy is either a misclick, a bug or a mod, but it's not a feature.

Here is some confirmation from a short while back...

• Options
    WitchessPancakesWitchessPancakes Posts: 209 Member
    Interesting because I swear my one family ended up pregnant via woohoo and I didn't have the risky woohoo mod in. I was playing another house and came back to them and June was expecting. I do not remember clicking the try for a baby option. If it is a bug, IMHO I don't mind it. It's like reality.
    The oranges of the Island are like blazing fire Amongst the emerald boughs- And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover- Who has spent the night crying... -Mohammed Ibn Omar-
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    regular woohoo does not lead to pregnancy. You must have accidently clicked on try for a baby.

Actually it has always had a low percent that it could happen and does in Sims 3 and Sims 4 in the main neighborhood.

I hate to contradict you but the god of Sims 3 himself (nraas, where is he now when we need him the most?) stated there was nothing in the coding of sims 3 that allowed for pregnancy by woohoo alone. However you are correct about the time machine producing children in the future.

I have seen a lot of posts regarding pregnancy by woohoo alone in Sims 4 but then again, that was the same in Sims 3. 'Accidental clicking of the wrong option in the pie chart' syndrome

Oh..well I remember BEFORE I ever downloaded mods in the Sims 3 I had an accidental pregancy.. so I think Nrass (then) and when so many people have the same problem.. (there's 2 reports now) that the Grus are incorrect about 0%
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Actually it has always had a low percent that it could happen and does in Sims 3 and Sims 4 in the main neighborhood.

I hate to contradict you but the god of Sims 3 himself (nraas, where is he now when we need him the most?) stated there was nothing in the coding of sims 3 that allowed for pregnancy by woohoo alone. However you are correct about the time machine producing children in the future.

I have seen a lot of posts regarding pregnancy by woohoo alone in Sims 4 but then again, that was the same in Sims 3. 'Accidental clicking of the wrong option in the pie chart' syndrome

Oh..well I remember BEFORE I ever downloaded mods in the Sims 3 I had an accidental pregancy.. so I think Nrass (then) and when so many people have the same problem.. (there's 2 reports now) that the Grus are incorrect about 0%

Yes, of course, the people who make the game wouldn't know if that was programmed into it or not. Neither would people who can clearly read the code of what is and isn't possible in the game. What do they know.
  • Options

Yes, of course, the people who make the game wouldn't know if that was programmed into it or not. Neither would people who can clearly read the code of what is and isn't possible in the game. What do they know.

This is a repeat of what happened with me and I knew I didn't click "try for Baby".. and other people had the same issues as well (and none of them had mods either).. so there are times people can be mistaken.. This isn't the first thread on this topic if you just google it there's another thread on the topic..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    My sim has just got pregnant from woohoo! I know for a fact that i selected woohoo not try for baby.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    This was a question on twitter awhile back. The gurus came back and said there was 0% possibility for pregnancy with woohoo.
    If a sim gets pregnant via woohoo, it's either the result of a mod, a miss click, or a serious bug (which has hopefully been repaired since). If this happens in your game, and you don't use mods and are certain you didn't miss click, then I'd encourage you to report it as a bug and share your game file in the report so it can be properly fixed.

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    Simblingss wrote: »
    I've tried so many times to get my sims to have a baby with only clicking woohoo. I swear my sims have woohoo'd thirty plus times and still nothing ):

My sims have woohood over a 1000 times (I regularly play with over 50 households) and I only have young adults, so no family play (I wait for toddlers). I never had a sim getting pregnant accidentally.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    Dont have mods or cc. It happened tho
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Forgive me, but after reading the title "pregnant by woohoo?" all I could think of was, well, yeah, that's pretty standard.

Joking aside, I have no idea if it happens or not. I know there was chatter about it in another iteration of the game and some painstakingly explained that the pie menu might be off slightly, so that while you thought you were selecting "woohoo", "try for baby" was activated. Or something along those lines. In my own experience, I never ran into this problem. Sometimes, you can have your Sims "try for baby" and it fails, but I have never had a Sim get pregnant after just "woohoo". I view that as a more responsible form of woohoo, as in using 'protection'.

Perhaps, others have more direct knowledge and can better answer your question. Hopefully, without a fit of giggles. :open_mouth: (Hey, be nice to me, I've got the flu!)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

I don't want to be rude, Galactic but the thing is people are trying to claim (even backed by proof by the Devs that Woohoo pregancy is 0%) that its impossible to get pregnant through woohoo and yet there were at least 2 other threads on this topic originally.. And everyone in all of them didn't have mods nor did they click on "Try for Baby" either. But yet there are all those people who know there sims got pregnant JUST by wohoo only...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I haven't had them get pregnant by woo hoo only but Has anyone had their sim to woo hoo without telling them too mine did and I dont Think I accidentally told them to, is this possible?
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I had no idea this was a thing. It's never happened to me before. On the other hand, I have had Sims that don't get pregnant after 7 "try for baby" interactions.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    meme24meme24 Posts: 7 New Member
    My sim ended up pregnant with just selecting woohoo, they was suppose to woohoo in a bush but went to the bed instead. When she got up, she ran to throw up thats how i find out.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    There, from my understanding, has always been a 5% or less chance of pregnancy from just WooHoo. Originally, before the game was finalized, they wanted to up the odds of a risky woohoo, but they changed their minds. I think I've had one sim in all the years I've been playing (and we're talking since TS1) that got pregnant from just woohoo. I am like the OP, and I prefer my sims to be well into their careers before letting them have babies.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    @Jenzup

That is not a good option and is honestly cruel.. What if your family had another kid and they could not afford it, because they just lost their job? Would it make more since to just give the newborn up to a better home where they can grow up or ignore one kid and have the social worker take them all way? Child abuse or just adoption? I don't know. Adoption is not a bad thing. Not everyone can handle the responsibility of becoming a parent nor would they want to or might not be ready yet.
  • Options
    meme24meme24 Posts: 7 New Member
    I like the idea of the risk of pregnancy, this first time it happen and i guess my sims having their first oops baby
  • Options
    xoFireflyxoFirefly Posts: 40 Member
    I have definitely had an 'oops' pregnancy in the sims 3 which made me quite mad because I wasn't ready for a kid yet but I can't recall an oops pregnancy in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    I haven't had them get pregnant by woo hoo only but Has anyone had their sim to woo hoo without telling them too mine did and I dont Think I accidentally told them to, is this possible?

I had that happen once in Sims 3 but I haven't played 4 long enough to know if can happen

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited April 2017
    WissaWolf wrote: »
    @Jenzup

That is not a good option and is honestly cruel.. What if your family had another kid and they could not afford it, because they just lost their job? Would it make more since to just give the newborn up to a better home where they can grow up or ignore one kid and have the social worker take them all way? Child abuse or just adoption? I don't know. Adoption is not a bad thing. Not everyone can handle the responsibility of becoming a parent nor would they want to or might not be ready yet.

We are still talking about Sims correct? I was just wondering if 4 played like the other games did. In my Sims 2 game it was so challenging to raise a kid you could be trying your best and still get them taken away. This happened to me in two I had a daughter taken away for bad grades. My comment was really for the ones saying they didn't want a baby in the Sims and I was letting them know how they could get it taken away if that's what they wanted. And the social worker wouldn't take them all away just the ones who weren't getting treated up to expectations.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    randomrachel05randomrachel05 Posts: 31 Member
    Zero percent chance you can get pregnant by woohoo.
  • Options

sorry but this thread and others prove otherwise
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Just last week my sims were on their honeymoon and I didn't want them to have a baby (I tried to pay attention because of this). Could be the first time I ever misclicked... or something else. The lot had on the ley line trait and they got twins :p I don't have mods either.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member

sorry but this thread and others prove otherwise

The problem is it's all hear-say. There's no actual proof to be shown. How does anyone know that someone that claims their sim got pregnant by basic Woohoo aren't using Mods or accidently clicked the wrong option?
    We don't. A claim is just a claim without some sort of undeniable proof. I don't know if this is possible or not myself, never seen it in sims 3 or 4 myself, but if Gurus say it's not possible, I think their word can be taken, seeing as they'd know.
    But that's just my two cents.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Modders have went into the code, and confirmed it's completely 0%. I believe woohoo isn't even coded with 0%.... pregnancy just isn't even mentioned in that section of code at all. Maybe someone can look and confirm that. That being said, could it be a glitch? That's possible. Anything can glitch. I expect the cause of a surprise pregnancy in a completely vanilla game is probably 99 % misclicks and 1% glitch :D
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png