Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name RNG: broken?

I've noticed recently that the baby naming pattern is kind of borked in my game. I seem to get repeat names very often in a particular tree. I got 2 baby girls named Celeste in the lineage of my legacy, 2 different families from siblings. And another family that for whatever reason has dopplegangers, even tho I placed them in one house, but I had them in the gallery twice. This other family(ies) had the mother pregnant and after a while she gave birth to a girl named Mckenna. I saw this Mckenna Fournier walking around town once. She had black hair. Another shocker I had when my active family's son has met Mckenna as well, except she had red hair and different clothes... o.O Do I need to say again that both Mckennas were formerly unborn? I'm not sure if they were twins, or just born from the two different Fournier dopplegangers, but it sure was strange how they both got the same name.
Anyone else had this strange bug in thier games recently?
NK4koaX.png

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Are you playing in english or in another language ? Other languages don't have that many names so the same ones tend to appear more often.
  • Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    @Neia I'm playing in English, because the game doesn't have my first language, sadly.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Since City Living I've been getting a lot of the same last names, there's like 5 townie households with the name Sakamoto. I think they must have tweaked the name generating because I'm getting a lot more Sims with foreign names in my game now.
  • Options
    DukeCybranDukeCybran Posts: 73 Member
    The Sims' name database in TS4 is quite narrow compares to that of TS3, and that's why I altered my game language from Tradition Chinese to English lol.
    And yet the issue remains still. :/
    C4jGfkwVUAQbeSb.jpg:large
    My game ID: DukeCybran_TW;
    Language: English, Simplified/Traditional Chinese. Happy simming!
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    Maybe there is a mod.. I can imagine how annoying this would get after a while.