Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Studio

Comments

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Your planned projects sound great! :)

Thanks! I hope the result matches that! This said, until the 9th, I won't have a lot of spare time.
    I hope that enjoy creating these builds!

Actually, I do too. I prefer "playing" (making my sim go on with their lives), but "building", "fixing and improving lots" a making sure items really really matches is fun too. And, at the moment, I've recovered one of my very first household, they all have fulfilled their lifewish (except a recent addition), so I'm making them go "Indiana Jones"ing in Egypt, China and France.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2016
    Okay, I got couple spare minutes, so I reworked my "schedule" for those projects, and, given I'm still catching up on University and general stuff left idle why I was in Mexico, I tried to be as realistic as possible. I also will be adding one more household today in Isla Paradiso to help with the "Dive Spots", and to later allow working on two different foreign locations at once, and, in a couple more days, one in Riverview. In other words, "Hal" first gets a new home while I fix Isla Paraiso for him, then I work on the dive lots, then he goes to Egypt....

So, unless facing some unforeseen circumstances, he's my next "release" schedule:

Up Next:
    New Ones
    • Wreck of the SNS Angry Llama (Dive Spot) (Postponned... For some reason, I can't find anymore the wreck I was planning to use... However, I found some OTHER interresting wrecks);
    • Mementos of Hurricane Andreii (Dive Spot);
    • A large wreck that sims could go inside underwater (Will require a lot of testing though, and I could use any info on what other people managed to build underwater regarding walls, doors and such) (Dive Spot) (TBA, will require A LOT of work, if possible at all));
    • A Haunted House (For an adventure at home) (No Visitors Allowed) (should be uploaded by the 11th);
    • A Haunted House that would morph over the year, with a seasonal lot marker) (No Visitors Allowed) (TBA, will require A LOT of work);
    • A diving Pool (A "Pool" that would be two or three stories deep to allow sims to "Dive" in it (Pool) (TBA, will require some testing).
    • An Enhanced Aleister's Consignment store.

Recollections
    • Wreck of the marauder (Dive Spot);
    • "The Towering Inferno" (Surprise! ;) ) (should be uploaded by the 11th, my household ran out of simoleons)
    • "Grimm's Ghastly Mansion"'s catacombs (Graveyard) (TBA, but likely by the 18th).

Eventual updates:
    • The Excavation Site/Underground Reservoir;
    • The Pomegranate Library;
    • The Nomad Camp of Unknown Origins (should be uploaded by the 11th);
    • The French General Store & Youth Hostel.

A little latter:
    • Chinese vacation home (TBA).

Postponed:
    • Mayan Travel Neighborhood (TBA, I need SIGNIFICANTLY more practice with CAW);
    • A market.

Edit: I updated this schedule, instead of posting yet another one...
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Wreck of the Mango Marauder
    Recollection of my first custom "Dive Spot". Actually, originally, had nothing else but the wreck, but it looks good, and it was a level 1 "Dive Spot", so pretty much every sims could level up there. As the original lot got lost along with the saved game it was in, I've recreated it. I've increased the requirement to level 2, but I think I should have left it at 1.

I know the preview isn't helping much, but all "Dive Spot" pretty much get the same...

Edit: I made a slight correction, as there was an intermittent routing issue regarding "something"
    namely the treasure chest

roof_up_original.jpg

Comments, suggestions, and recommendations are always welcome! ;)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2016
    Enhanced Aleister’s Elixirs and Sundries
    That lot is one of the most important element to my game style. It allows my sims to go from rags to riches in a matter of days, but "mining" raw gems that spawns everywhere, then cut it at the "Gem Cutting Machine" that just happen to be there to then "Consign" them... As such, I've extensively used it, and grown used to install EA's base version in every single neighborhood I play in, every time doing the same changes (adding those freaking moving paintings, and adding the "Spellbook", as I feel it belongs there, though it's a lot more useful in a "Library". This time, however, I've also replaced the ugly red chimney, and added "Level skip markers" (there no point being able to see in the attic or bellow the foundations).

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited January 2017
    The Pomegranate Library
    I had some routing problems due to a "specific room" being too small and a specific door having bizzare clearance requirements to work properly, so I fixed that, which turned out needing to clear a room altogether. I also fixed the somehow unaesthetic basement stairway, and added some sand. Even more, the roof is now accessible, and if you place it where it belongs (replacing the Pomegranate House in Al-Simhara), you should get a great painting location. Good news, I'm no longer having any problems with my sims exploring the basement. Bad news, I now have a 2 x 3 room that I must somehow fill (that room can be enlarged up to 6 x 3, but can't be made any wider, AND some of the basement bookshelves somehow have peculiar limitation regarding books in their inventory. In other words, I may have to slightly update it latter.

Note that the roof is now accessible

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2016
    The Excavation Site/Underground Reservoir
    Routing fixes, slight changes on the decor, added warning sign from MorduCorp, and I tried rebalancing the ancient coins, but I'm just too much of a fan of that large sprawling pile of ancient coins :D I also tried blocking NPCs, but I'm not sure if they won't just stack up above ground... Might have to check it out latter...

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello :)
    It was great reading about the changes that you have made to the EA builds. The improvements sound great!

Thanks!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Good news folks! Overnight, I went from 720 something up to 824 recommendation! That means that I'm now at 82% and 55% of the two achievements!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2016
    I noticed a little bug with the excessive number of spawners on Aleister’s Elixirs and Sundries, so I fixed it and uploaded the new versions, and adjusted the previous post. Slight adjustments on the Reservoir and Library too...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2016
    I did a lot of testing regarding underwater lots, and, unfortunately, some of my projects turn out to simply be impossible to do. For example, you can't put a "shell" building underwater. If you do, like with moveobjects, the lot bugs, and any sim entering it ends up either being "pushed back" or "resetted".

So, well, here' my new schedule:

Up Next:
    • Wreck of the SNS Angry Llama (Dive Spot) (Postponed... For some reason, I still can't find the wreck I was planning to use, which is odd, but not unheard of (vanishing installed objects)...);
    • Mementos of Hurricane Andreii (Dive Spot);
    • A large wreck that sims could go inside underwater (Will require a lot of testing though, and I could use any info on what other people managed to build underwater regarding walls, doors and such) (Dive Spot) (Impossible for the above mentioned reason. Would require major CC elements, which is far beyond my capacities.);
    • A Haunted House (For an adventure at home) (No Visitors Allowed) (Postponed a bit, but should be uploaded by the 28th);
    • A Haunted House that would morph over the year, with a seasonal lot marker) (No Visitors Allowed) (TBA, will require A LOT of work);
    • A diving Pool (A "Pool" that would be two or three stories deep to allow sims to "Dive" in it (Pool) (TBA, I found out how, but will take quite some time to set up.).
    • "The Towering Inferno" (Surprise! ;) ) (Almost done, should be uploaded by the 28th, my household now has sufficient simoleons but I don't seem to get enough time to make them spend it all...);
    • "Grimm's Ghastly Mansion"'s catacombs (Graveyard) (should be uploaded by the 28th).
    • An Egyptian digsite / buried Necropolis ("Tomb" or "Hidden Tomb") (TBA, most likely mid December);
    • A pair of adventure lots (would begin somewhere, and bring the sim to a second lot where the adventure would continue.) (TBA, most likely late December).

Eventual updates:
    • The Nomad Camp of Unknown Origins (In Progress, should be uploaded early December);
    • Mementos of Hurricane Andreii.
    • The French General Store & Youth Hostel.

A little latter:

Postponed:
    • Mayan Travel Neighborhood (TBA, I need SIGNIFICANTLY more practice with CAW);
    • A market.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Mementos of Hurricane Andreii
    Well, honestly, I'm somewhat disappointed with the outcome, many elements need some adjustment, like the vanished "Underwater Seashells Spawners"... Also, I tried adding "Scraps", but those can't be collected underwater.

In other words, I definitely am going to update it in the next couple days...

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Champs Les Sims Townsquare
    I was pretty sure I had previously uploaded it, but it looks otherwise. Minor aesthetic adjustments to the lot, and added public "Easels"*.

* Note: In the pre-WWII XXth century France, as well as in the the late 40s, and early 50s, there was such a thing as public easels in France, and/or public spaces meant so that people only need to bring their paint and canvas. Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Claude Monet and Winston Churchill were all known to have used such public equipment for their creations, teachings, and/or inspirations.

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    A Lot of Spawners Lot
    This lot was solely made to help someone from the Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them. However, should you need to acquire a large number of seashells in a short time, here's a solution.

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    This said, placing underwater lots require "Saving", "Exiting to the main menu", and "Reloading" the game before accessing the lot, otherwise, you might get stuck with some temporary visual glitches, and/or texture not showing.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Hello
    It was kind of you to upload a lot that contains seashell spawners to help a fellow simmer.
    It is great that you have added public easels to the Champs Les Sims Town Square. It was interesting reading what you wrote about the use of public easels in France and with famous people through history.
    Happy simming! :)
    Chez Pier Store & Youth Hostel (Replaces Champs Les Sims General Store)
    Well, if you haven't seen Eurotrip, I strongly recommend it, especially the extended version and deleted scenes. This said, I based myself on one character's monologue for modifying the lot. (Plaques need to be read from left to right to make sense...)

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Mementos of Hurricane Andreii
    It's a little better, and with a few spawners, it gets even more appeal. However, underwater lots sure are a challenge...

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2016
    "Good things never come alone." This is especially true when said sarcastically. I keep getting unforeseen events that force me limit my game time, hence pushing back my scheduled release. So, here's the new schedule, hoping everything goes according to planned.

Up Next:
    • Wreck of the SNS Angry Llama (Dive Spot) (Postponed... For some reason, I still can't find the wreck I was planning to use, which is odd, but not unheard of (vanishing installed objects)...);
    • A diving Pool (A "Pool" that would be two or three stories deep to allow sims to "Dive" in it (Pool) (TBA, I found out how, but will take quite some time to set up.);
    • "The Towering Inferno" (Surprise! ;) ) (Almost done, should be uploaded by the 28th, my household now has sufficient simoleons but I don't seem to get enough time to make them spend it all...);
    • A Haunted House (For an adventure at home) (No Visitors Allowed) (Postponed a bit, but should be uploaded by the 28th);
    • "Grimm's Ghastly Mansion"'s catacombs (Graveyard) (In Progress, should be uploaded by the 28th);
    • An Egyptian digsite / buried Necropolis ("Tomb" or "Hidden Tomb") (TBA, most likely mid December);
    • A pair of adventure lots (would begin somewhere, and bring the sim to a second lot where the adventure would continue.) (TBA, most likely late December).

Eventual update:
    • The Nomad Camp of Unknown Origins (In Progress, but not a priority, should be uploaded early December).

A little latter:

Postponed:
    • Mayan Travel Neighborhood (TBA, I need SIGNIFICANTLY more practice with CAW, so I'm focusing on the other projects at hand);
    • A market.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Well, I know I haven't been very active lately. I got the flu shot, and had a "bad reaction" so I spent more or less a week sick in bed, and add to that that it had a very bad timing regarding University schedule... I'm not cancelling anything, but I need to postpone things a bit...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Hello
    I am sorry to hear that you had a bad reaction to the flu shot and ended up in bed :( I hope that you are feeling a little bit better now.
    Hello
    I am sorry to hear that you had a bad reaction to the flu shot and ended up in bed :( I hope that you are feeling a little bit better now.

Yeah, but the semester is ending, and having to skip a week like that caused me to have quite a pileup of stuff in the "to do" list...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Semester finally over, but, after last Windows 10 update, my registry got corrupted for reasons unknown, and I had just cleared the restore points... :s I pent two days trying to fix it, but I have to leave town tomorrow. I'll keep trying to fix it as soon as I get back.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Hello.
    It is great that your semester is now completed!
    It is not good that you are having computer issues and that the registery got corrupted! :( I hope that you can fix the issues when you return from traveling.