Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Sorry I've been away guys, real life has been kicking my butt. But I did manage to grab the Gothique Library and that concludes my DD rotation. Now all that's left are the 67 (million at least it feels that way) individual items on the wishlist. YAY!! :lol: And I'm going to get to have Thanksgiving with my Father-in-law (and the rest of my in-laws) tomorrow! So thankful, to be honest. :joy:

Thank you for the kind words and wishes @Astreia. And glad to hear you're back, even for a little while. And enjoy all the time you can squeeze out with your new little one! They grow up much too fast. ^_^

I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing better @Hoplass. I hope that continues to be the trend. A nice healing winter is what we need. ;)

YAY for you, too @Jahnna!! Exciting isn't it?

I really hope your dentist appointment went okay, @Opicana. Let us know. You are in my thoughts and prayers. And your kitty being scared of the cat jungle is just cute and funny.

I probably won't be on much this week with Thanksgiving coming up. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone (even if you don't celebrate it or if you celebrated it last month :wink: )!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Wow, so many people finishing up the DD rotation list! And so much life happening in peoples' lives. @Opicana, hope everything is better now that the visit to the doctor is over. And hoping that if there are any follow ups that this one went well enough to reduce the anxiety for those. My sister is a dental assistant and helps people through their dental anxiety all the time.

@Tamaek, so glad your father in law will be with the family tomorrow.

On a lighter note, the Ad gods were very generous last night, bestowing almost 600 points on me! I get Technophobe No More Free tonight and Morocco Mystique for less than 50 SP tomorrow morning before leaving to my sister's. Which is good, because there is no way I'd hear my phone alarm in the chaos that is a gathering of my family.

So, for all who will be feasting tomorrow, enjoy the food and the company. And those who are not, have your Sims enjoy a holiday of some sort in solidarity!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • pole2323pole2323 Posts: 9 New Member
    my ts3 store wishlist top five:

1. jazz age living room + jazz age wear
    2. deliciously indulgent bakery
    3. bohemian garden
    4. fabulous fiesta!
    5. midnight hollow (gold? or standard, either way i'd be grateful!)

the sims 3 username: pole2323
    Somebody by the s3 username of Karnzter gifted me the corn sew pot from my wishlist, i am not sure of what their sims 4 forum un is, but i just wanted to say thank so much to whomever it was! love you <3
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Dank je @Martje89 voor the High Ponytail!!

And congrats @Jahnna and @Tamaek for getting your last venue! And hi @Faith_Andhope and @pole2323 , don't think we have met before! @pole2323 some advice on your wishlist as it has big items. If you put individual items from those sets on your wishlist it will be easier for people to gift you something. And don't forget to check the Daily Deal as it may help you to get the best deals for sets you are working on: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-rotation-and-sales-help-continuation-of-september-list#latest

Hope your dentist appointment went ok and that you are feeling better @Opicana !

And the good news, my mother left hospital! :D
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    And for anyone interested: I saw steam has a sale and sims 3 EP and SP are on sale too!
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone!

I hope everyone's alright! I haven't been there for a while... I've been so busy with my internship... But it's almost over now, I finish at the end of the 2nd december and everybody's there have been really nice and friendly so far too :smiley:
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    @pole2323, because you are a New Member on the Forum, you can't post any links yet. I found a Pole2323 on the store; is that you? If so, make sure to list this in your signature until you can post the link.

Hey, i am "new," i don't think i can even have a signature, but that is me on ts3
    pole2323 wrote: »
    my ts3 store wishlist top five:

1. jazz age living room + jazz age wear
    2. deliciously indulgent bakery
    3. bohemian garden
    4. fabulous fiesta!
    5. midnight hollow (gold? or standard, either way i'd be grateful!)

the sims 3 username: pole2323

I can't edit my posts, but heres my wishlist corrected to smaller items

1. jazz age wear
    2. africa inspiration: modern braids
    3. cactus plants that come in the haute hacienda kitchen set
    4. repurposed jar lights
    5. siren (ya-a female dress)
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @Opicana
    How did it go!?
    23rif7.gif
    Thanks @Hoplass for the Glass Middle Table, putting me a step closer toward the mid-century collection that I'm dying to use in Lucky Palms.

@pole2323, I strongly agree with Hoplass, take a pop over to the Daily Deal thread and ask for some help on organizing your wishlist and how you use your own ad points. A great example is the Fabulous Fiesta collection cascade that allows you to own the set for a fraction of the total cost.

Also, friends, let's give Pole2323 a boost toward membership and make sure to "Like" their posts. It'll take 50 points to achieve membership. Each of those creates a point, plus reaching certain goals provides a bonus. 5 Likes creates a badge that adds another 5 points, 25 Likes another 5 points, etc. Clicking "Awesome" also generates points on the same scale, but if we all use Like the badges will add up faster. It will take a total of 40 Likes to reach the target of 50 points.

Your job @pole2323 is to make sure you have at least 30 posts, which is the other requirement.
    aka Jude

My Studio

I just checked @pole2323 and you are already up to 34 points. But you only have 6 posts, so you need to work on that. I know how excited I got when I achieved member status. It's cool to be able to have a signature and really helpful to be able to edit posts. I hope this helps.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@JoeJude16 i am super confused organize my wishlist? btw thanks for being patient with me :#
    @pole2323, this is so overwhelming at the start. I was so grateful for the people who took me under their wing in the beginning and am thrilled to pay it forward.

How to explain this? Nothing available on the Daily Deal should appear on your Wishlist. You don't want someone paying full price to gift something to you that you can obtain for a fraction of the price. Gifters are very generous, but, in my opinion, we should be working toward our goals the best we can with ad points and work.

What you can do with sets on the DD (Daily Deal) is have people gift you pieces of that set until the set's CYS (Complete Your Set) price drops to a low price, often Free. We can get into that process over on the DD discussion thread. Daily Deals

Also, based on the same idea of getting a set for the lowest possible set, you want to utilize the cascades to minimize the price of certain sets. That information is covered here. A great example of this is the Wild Wears children's outfits on your list. They are part of the Animals Abound cascade which gets you a ton of kid's stuff for a handful of points or strategically gifted items.

Finally, you can include a couple of large items such as venues and worlds for the generous gifters to choose from. Or sets that don't appear on the DD. And there are some generous gifters, believe me.

*whew* That was a lot, and I tried to just touch the surface. People can help with more specific stuff step by step to ease you into the process. I suggest you start with the Animals Abound cascade, since it is number two on your list anyway.

I need to head out for some holiday errands, but if I get some time later I'll post some info on that for you over on the Cascades thread. I'll link you in so that you know it's there. Or, in the mean time, head on over and introduce yourself there and on the DD thread. It'll give you some posts toward membership and give some other members a chance to add some advice. They might explain things in a way that better suits the way you learn.

If you don't mind some specific advice to get started: the items from Luxe Kidswear that appear on the DD are Moon Rabbit Pajamas, Night Flower Pajamas, PomPom Hat, Tank Top Pajamas. So maybe post some other items from that set at the top of your wishlist. That way you can combine items that are gifted with items you pick up from the DD toward getting the set when it comes up on the DD.

Probably items from the Animals Abound cascade are a better start, but I'm doing this in a rush. We'll talk soon.

Jude

aka Jude

My Studio

• BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Karnzter wrote: »
    I did, @Breazona. But after two attempts it took me a long time to get through the confirmation. I'll try again right now and hopefully you'll finally acquire the hair :)

I own it now. Thank you very much and sorry it was such a hassle to get it for me. :)
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Body is 3 characters too short... My top five has been updated!
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    Thank you @Hoplass! Every gift helps! :D

Welcome to the group @pole2323! @JoeJude16 has given some very good advice and some good links for getting started and the folks on the DD thread are incredibly helpful as well. It's worth it and feels great to maximize what you can get for as little as possible and we are super happy to help you get there.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • KarnzterKarnzter Posts: 105 Member
    edited November 2016
    You're welcome, @pole2323 ;)

Just curious to know, @Faith_Andhope, seeing you linked your WoW profile, do you play Overwatch?
    I'm in your Top 5s and Wishlists. Gifting you pretty stuff ;)

Proud complete Store catalogue owner since 2023 🎉

TS3 MyPage | Ursine family tree, currently four generations in
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Thank you @Hoplass and @Tamaek for your gifts!

I had a good ads streak earlier, got me over 600 simpoints, but I was only able to buy 8 75sp items. Made me realise how long it will actually take to get them last ~80 items! Q_Q
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    Karnzter wrote: »
    You're welcome, @pole2323 ;)

Just curious to know, @Faith_Andhope, seeing you linked your WoW profile, do you play Overwatch?

Hi there. No, I don't play Overwatch. Just WoW. And I used to play Hearthstone, but haven't for awhile. I have my account and decks of cards I need to unpack, but WoW keeps me busy, especially since the new expansion came out at the end of August.

• TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    Just popping in to say Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it and for those who don't I still hope you have a great day!
    @Jahnna I know exactly how you feel. :/ So close yet so far...

• AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi! I don't celebrate it but to all who do I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you @charlotteprice for the Barrier to Entry System! Can't wait to use it!

I hope your dentist apointment went well @Opicana . I'll be going to my dentist in a few days, hopefully to finish a root canal but she may have to extract the tooth after all! On a brighter note, while I may be losing my teeth my son is getting new ones! He's 5 month old and he's got his first tooth about a week or two ago!

Welcome @pole2323 !
    Thank you @charlotteprice for cleaning up my wishlist. Mid-Century fantasy will now be just a few points, literally. Sadly, I have to wait until January 9, 2017 for it to come up in rotation. More sadly, that isn't really that far away! 2017!?

When I was growing up the TV show Space: 1999 and the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey were not thought to be that far fetched. Here we are almost 20 years past those dates and we aren't even in space anymore. Oh well.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Hoplass wrote: »
    Dank je @Martje89 voor the High Ponytail!!

@Hoplass Graag gedaan! I love that hairstyle :smile: Also, I'm very glad to hear your mother left the hospital! Hopefully she'll recover quickly.