Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite sims iteration?

Mine would be sims 2. I grew up playing that game and spent so many hours playing it. The nostalgia hits me hard every time I see the games just sitting dusty laying on my shelf. I also really liked castaway stories!

Comments

• Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    Mine would be sims 2. I grew up playing that game and spent so many hours playing it. The nostalgia hits me hard every time I see the games just sitting dusty laying on my shelf. I also really liked castaway stories!

Same! I also really like The Sims 2 Castaway for the PS2.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Sims 2 by a landslide.
    I love playing Sims 3, but if I have to pick a hands down favorite it's 2.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Sims 2 and Sims 3, and the 2 player mode console versions of the sims, I loved playing the sims with my mom, it was so much fun. :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got TS2 and TS3 tied for my favorite games.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CrocketsCrockets Posts: 127 Member
    edited July 2016
    I hated some of the changes maxis made in Sims 3 which continued to Sims 4. They made game less realistic and more easier and accessible. Few examples like you can drag dishes directly into sink, pick and drag trash into can without having sims actually do it and that still bothers me, A LOT. Another like non gardening plants are just decoration and don't need tending. In sims 2 i had a robot entirely for tending gardens and weeding out plants etc.

That being aside, The Sims 3 made the biggest jump in terms of evolution by being completely open world, having this whole huge world and then getting it actually explore it in world adventures was a night and day difference to me. Although once you install lots of expansions and cc the lag becomes real (only thing that still keeps me away from playing it again). I have an extremely beefy pc, an SLI 970, i7 4770k and 16GB RAM but Sims 3 with all expansions still lags like hell on my pc, thats because its very badly coded game and only ever utilize single processor thread. But still Sims 3 is still the best in series if i left nostalgia go of my childhood first getting Sims and playing basketball in goth families backyard.

If Maxis somehow manage to make a game with open world again minus the lag then it would be one of the best game in PC history, period.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Even though I really love, love, love the Sims3 open worlds (and the huge amount of gameplay that each EP introduced), Castaway just satisfied something in me like nothing else I've seen from Sims1 through Sims4.
  • Options
    lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    The sims 2 really shaped my view on the franchise as a whole; so that would have to be my answer, lol.
  • Options
    SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    I have a lot of nostalgia for TS & TS2 but there is a lot of things to do and to customise in TS3
  • Options
    Romeo9Romeo9 Posts: 38 Member
    Mine has to be TS2, then TS1 and finally TS4
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Ts2, then ts3, then ts4, ts1 is nostalgia
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    That is really so hard for me to choose. One moment I think I love TS3 the most, but then I change my mind and think TS2 is better. But in the end, I have to go with TS3. That game and I have gone through so much together, it's like I have a special bond with it. And the sheer amount of content and things to do make it pretty much endless. TS2 is an extremely close second. I like TS4 to a point. It lacks a lot to me. But, I'm very fond of my legacy family in that game and I have enjoyed playing them so far, so I can't complain. :)

TS1 I never owned and only played a few times here and there at friends houses. I remember wanting it so badly though as a child. My family's computer couldn't run it, though. So I don't have a ranking for Sims 1, although if I had never discovered it, I wouldn't have ever bought Sims 2 in the first place.
  • Options
    WhatsHisHandleWhatsHisHandle Posts: 75 Member
    It's between the first three, honestly.. The first had this quirky, dark sort of comical charm that I've yet to see in any other version, but the second had its own uniqueness; I loved the interactions, the aliens and the giant blank worlds that you can throw a bunch of houses up in and just go nuts with the neighborhood. And yet, TS3's trait system and the constantly evolving world were pretty fantastic too.

It's so hard to pick! I haven't played much of TS4 personally, so I can't really speak for it. Man, I like toddlers though --I will say that.