Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good Maxis Match CC for Sims 2?

Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
I really want to play Sims 2 lately, but the lack of customization kills me inside lol. I also get annoyed that you seem to have to search for hours just to find few good pieces of CC. Also, half the good CC blogs I find seem to be filled with dead links and be long abandoned, which is equally frustrating. Any suggestions?
ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Define "Good" CC... :)

Show me one you like... Not that I use a lot. :)
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    Stuff like this:

tumblr_mqm7cztQXH1qc6u2uo3_1280_zpsrc4vvzqi.png

tumblr_mhrgbsTCy61rwp3fno1_500_zpsdeospnxz.png

These are pulled off a few blogs I like. I seem to have more trouble finding clothes and hair the most.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Aw, I've seem those. If you've searched for hours and a lot of the links are broken, I can say I won't be of any help.

What sites have you searched? I have lots of links but I sure don't want to post the same you've been to already. :(
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Mod the Sims is a good place to get a lot of stuff.

But I get the majority of my stuff through tumblr. THIS is a good place to start they reblog pretty much everything that comes up in the Sims 2 CC tags just click the Sims 2 links on the sidebar (there's a general catch all one and one organized by categories if you're looking for something more specific. You don't need to use tumblr to use the DL links provided. Probably my favorite Sims 2 creator on tumblr is DeeDee Sims I just really love all of her stuff especially her hair.
    ~ ~ ~
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Pinterest and Tumblr
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited November 2016
    Have a look at this thread if you haven't, there is some good CC inside.
  • Have a look at this thread if you haven't, there is some good CC inside.

Yeah there was a default cc link in there
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited November 2016
    Definitely look here, I’ve found several nice things on that blog :) And if you like hair/clothes/whatever from TS3 (or TS4), try to google “TS3 to TS2”, those aren’t even Maxis match, but literally Maxis things ;) I also really recommend conversions from TS Castaway on MATY, especially plants and outdoor decorations, you can create awesome gardens with them, and they’re perfectly fitting to plants provided by the game as they’re Maxis too :)

Also, I definitely recommend this mod, thanks to it the pond water looks great.
    iZmx6zP.png

It needs a little trick to make it work, it’s explained in the 18th comment.

Also, if you want recolours of Maxis objects I recommend this user, and this one for building sets :)
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    I’ve recently made some Maxis match things myself, they can be found here if someone is interested :)

Also, I have a great find – here is a quite large amount of Maxis match clothes, they use texture references so the files are smaller than normal.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Nikoa wrote: »
    I really want to play Sims 2 lately, but the lack of customization kills me inside lol. I also get annoyed that you seem to have to search for hours just to find few good pieces of CC. Also, half the good CC blogs I find seem to be filled with dead links and be long abandoned, which is equally frustrating. Any suggestions?

Tumblr. GoS. DuckDuckGo