Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't restock fridge?

rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
For whatever reason none of my household can restock their fridge.

I don't get the grocery delivery option on phone or computer.
When I go to the grocery store, they wont put the food in the fridge when I come back, they set it down and its unclickable.
I delete the fridge and put a new one and still get the pop up that it needs to be restocked.
I've grown fresh produce, and stocked the fridge and will still get a pop up its not stocked?

Is there a known mod that will prompt this glitch? I have so many idk where to start.

Any work arounds? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I have no idea what would cause it. You'll probably have to do the 1/2 method of removing your DLs until you find it.
    Don't forget to use a test family in a new neighborhood.

I just had to do it for one that to find a Default outfit that got mixed up in the wrong file. I had a messed up skin and looked terrible. :lol:

Sorry- Good luck!
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I have no idea what would cause it. You'll probably have to do the 1/2 method of removing your DLs until you find it.
    Don't forget to use a test family in a new neighborhood.

I just had to do it for one that to find a Default outfit that got mixed up in the wrong file. I had a messed up skin and looked terrible. :lol:

Sorry- Good luck!

Doh! I couldn't make the holiday roast in the winter time, they had pizza :(
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Can you buy a new refrigerator, at least until you figure out the problem. I know a new refrigerator comes fully stock.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    Which fridge are you using?
    I don't think you can restock the fridge that came with University Life (half size) as it is only for ramen and TV dinners.
    When a Sim clicks on the fridge, can they check the food level?
    If it is full, then probably it will not accept any more food to be placed in it.
    Is the household growing any produce?
    Can any of the harvested produce stock the fridge?
    Do you have any mods re food in your game as I suspect it is conflicting?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Can you buy a new refrigerator, at least until you figure out the problem. I know a new refrigerator comes fully stock.

I stated in my op that that doesn't work unfortunately.
  • Options
    Which fridge are you using?
    I don't think you can restock the fridge that came with University Life (half size) as it is only for ramen and TV dinners.
    When a Sim clicks on the fridge, can they check the food level?
    If it is full, then probably it will not accept any more food to be placed in it.
    Is the household growing any produce?
    Can any of the harvested produce stock the fridge?
    Do you have any mods re food in your game as I suspect it is conflicting?

Regular sized fridge and can't do any of those things as stated in my op,
    No food mods either :(.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Holiday roast need a decoration item. Find it under decorations/Misc... category. I don't know what it is called, but it is often seen in Thanksgiving day.
  • Options
    Cornucopia :)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Cornucopia :)

Yes that! Thank you.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Try removing all of your mods and seeing if it works. Just to make sure your glitch isn't a symptom of a bad mod or two or more mods conflicting with each other.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Holiday roast need a decoration item. Find it under decorations/Misc... category. I don't know what it is called, but it is often seen in Thanksgiving day.

Really??? I didn't know that.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Try removing all of your mods and seeing if it works. Just to make sure your glitch isn't a symptom of a bad mod or two or more mods conflicting with each other.

Guess, I have no choice ..its weird it just happened all of a sudden the only mods I have is no jealousy and one other I forget..every thing else is cc
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I wonder if it might be something in the cc. Not a mod, but maybe a cc fridge that the creator didn't update. I'm not sure if it would only affect the cc fridge, or all of them, but it's worth trying just to see.
  • Options
    I wonder if it might be something in the cc. Not a mod, but maybe a cc fridge that the creator didn't update. I'm not sure if it would only affect the cc fridge, or all of them, but it's worth trying just to see.

I don't have a cc fridge, but I do have cc cabinets..ill try those thank u
  • Options
    so it was the cornucopia guys.......im a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lol
  • Options
    What do you mean? The Cornucopia kept your Sims from filling up the fridge? That they couldn't order food and a new fridge would still be empty because of the cornucopia?

• Options
    What do you mean? The Cornucopia kept your Sims from filling up the fridge? That they couldn't order food and a new fridge would still be empty because of the cornucopia?

I know its weird...but it's working now??? I disabled my mods, but it said it wouldn't take affect until I restarted the game. I placed the cornucopia and I was able to cook the roast.

• Options
    I'm able to restock as well, called the delivery and placed food in fridge it was successful.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    your fridge was full. when it is full, delivery doesn't show up on the phone or computer. when you've used some of the regular food, not fresh food from the garden, the delivery option will show up on the phone and computer. Alternatively you can go to the grocery store at the community lot and buy groceries. it will allow you to put away when you get home, pretty sure even when it is full.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    So, I'm in the process of looking for another thread when I came across this one. One thing to note that I periodically run into. If you ever have trouble restocking the fridge via delivery or grocery store upon coming home (more with the delivery option though), and you find that your Sims are hungry and the fridge is empty when they go to eat, and you pick up the phone and it gives you the option to order groceries, BUT the restock is showing half full already, either cancel the order you were about to place, or go ahead and place the order and hang up the phone. Then pause the game. Now, start looking around the house, both inside and out, move items around if you have to, and search the whole place for a already delivered basket of food that someone either brought home or had delivered sometime prior and got distracted, so they put it down somewhere and forgot about it. I've had this happen a few times.
  • Options
    So, I'm in the process of looking for another thread when I came across this one. One thing to note that I periodically run into. If you ever have trouble restocking the fridge via delivery or grocery store upon coming home (more with the delivery option though), and you find that your Sims are hungry and the fridge is empty when they go to eat, and you pick up the phone and it gives you the option to order groceries, BUT the restock is showing half full already, either cancel the order you were about to place, or go ahead and place the order and hang up the phone. Then pause the game. Now, start looking around the house, both inside and out, move items around if you have to, and search the whole place for a already delivered basket of food that someone either brought home or had delivered sometime prior and got distracted, so they put it down somewhere and forgot about it. I've had this happen a few times.

Very helpful, thank you!
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member

Very helpful, thank you!

You're welcome. If you ever have an issue with a child or teen and homework, do the same thing, lol. It's AMAZING where they stick things and then forget about them, and if you're not watching them like a hawk, you'll have no idea until they either try to eat and the fridge claims it's empty and you call for a grocery delivery, or the kid comes home from school and had straight As and suddenly has a B and as far as you know, they've done all their homework!
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Very helpful, thank you!

You're welcome. If you ever have an issue with a child or teen and homework, do the same thing, lol. It's AMAZING where they stick things and then forget about them, and if you're not watching them like a hawk, you'll have no idea until they either try to eat and the fridge claims it's empty and you call for a grocery delivery, or the kid comes home from school and had straight As and suddenly has a B and as far as you know, they've done all their homework!

Another solution is to watch the kid like a hawk. They won't ever have more than one pile of homework. They'll pile that day's homework onto yesterday's homework. So just follow the kids after school and they'll lead you to any homework pile they have.
  • Options
    willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    Another solution is to watch the kid like a hawk. They won't ever have more than one pile of homework. They'll pile that day's homework onto yesterday's homework. So just follow the kids after school and they'll lead you to any homework pile they have.

Or, just download this. A god-send.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312004
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

Or, just download this. A god-send.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312004

Agreed. I LOVE this mod!!!