March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    @WissaWolf

Also, having any population settings at 0 is a problem right now. Deaderpool should have a fix soon.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    WissaWolf wrote: »

I have an annoying problem with my game. I know the game is required to generate homeless sims for the sake of mailman roles and what not, but my game is behaving sort of strangely. I purposely set all generated sims to 100 elder and 0 male, so they would not reproduce with any of my custom families. All was fine and dandy until these old ladies suddenly went from homeless to all moving into lots. What's next, more single elders generated for the bin? Frustrated, I deleted them all. Granted, this is probably my own fault seeing as I only have 5 other families besides my main played household. But seeing as I am customizing all these sims from scratch, I'd prefer to take my time with them.. and not rush. I was planning on adding a couple more once the progression kicks in or something. It would probably not annoy me so much, but look at this.. *facepalm*

16ld18n.jpg

Need I say more?

All I am wondering is if there's a setting to stop the move ins for now.. I didn't seem to find anything in settings.

I noticed there's an option to move all the elders to a retirement home, but I am not sure how that would work. Could I just designate an empty lot for them to all congregate to? What happens when the game needs new homeless sims to replace them, though? Will the vicious cycle just continue until I no longer have anymore free lots? I also set the the "single sims move" opton to enabled, so that they would be a priority first and foremost, not these annoying homeless grannies.

The game uses various filters to fill NPC roles from. If you have zero in ANY Population setting, you're setting yourself up for headaches like this... not forever, necessarily, but for now it's true, BECAUSE of where we are in the Mod vs Game hierarchy. We've got MC updated for the pre-CL Patch, but, we don't yet have the version updated for the actual EP. So, some of its new things are causing unexpected results in various things MC does.

My best filters example is gardeners. They HAVE to be either an Adult or Elder, or the game will not assign the Gardener role to them. So it's best NOT to strangle the bin by using 0 in those settings. Try 5. Not so many you'll see a flood, but, enough the game will be allowed to make what it needs, and not spin 1000 new sims it doesn't, trying to create the one that "fits" what it's after.

Move-in has been handled. :) Thanks, @Cyclelegs !! (Open houses = 50 and Beds = 0, best 2 tricks there are for this. :) )

Retirement home, that's a bin window where your elders will all move to, with 0 money, if you have move out elders enabled. I like elders, mine are usually on a map somewhere... Yuma Heights in OS makes a nice big retirement home... ;) (freerealestate on is the bomb!) but I don't have loads of them, either. My usual choice for that setting is 10. Ditto babies.

Kids I put ABOVE the default 33, up to about 65 usually, I'd prefer kids to spawn over teens, unless "teen" is important for whatever the game thinks I need.

As for family size matching bedroom size... not going to happen. It's random... or, at least, the order of move ins and the order of families doing that, are rarely going to dovetail perfectly.

Sims marked for move in get priority, but before CL, move ins started from Newcrest. I'm not sure how the maps follow after that. Or how (in what order) that alarm will go now that we have Myshuno, I haven't had time to play much this week and haven't had a post-EP move in alarm yet.

@NRowe One thing I wanted to mention, your Aging settings DO affect your Default nightly alarms, as far as Pregnancy and Marriage goes. The details are in the Weekly Schedule of Events table (under a spoiler button) on the Description Page.

The way around that would be to Write In the night(s) you want your alarms to happen on (Days to Run Checks in the UI). You can only do that for Pregnancy and Marriage, all the rest are set for when they say they'll run in that table. But for example, here (on Long aging), I set my game to have Marriages on Friday night, Move Ins (unchangeable) on Saturday, and Pregnancy on Sunday. (Throughout the week I might "help" a pregnancy or two get going... heh.)

The default setting has just about everybody having marriages, pregnancies and move ins all on the same night. I'm on a laptop. Spreading things out seems to be a good thing, here. Alarms are very smooth.

There are all sorts of different Bypass options in the various modules. Bypass Played Households, some of you might want to look into. It's in Pregnancy, Marriage, Clubs, Careers... etc. Lots of options, lots of ways to do things.

(Okay, I know... lots of ways to get confused. ;) That's why we're all here. :) )

Browse the various sub-menus. The UI is FULL of tooltips and defaults info. Dig in, look around. If you're going to experiment, save a copy of your game file to your desktop first, then, let 'er rip. "What does this do?" might lead you to some very cool experiences. Play with it, you'll see.

Little bit of an OT/RL update, youngest decided to pass on going to school today. I don't think there'll be any mystery there over why, other (NICE) teachers were there for the incident/meltdown.

I *wanted* him to go and (all of us) deal with the issue, but, Monday will do. Haven't heard from hubby yet. He had to get his morning going before he'd have time to call. So, I'm still waiting for him to call me after he's talked to the school.

Staying home today probably isn't our worst idea ever. I can imagine if I saw her, what my first question would be... "What the F is Wrong with YOU??" Probably not a good conversation starter, hmm? ;)

I've been good this morning, posting actual MC stuff... hope y'all don't mind the added flyby OT bit, here. Just wanted to keep anybody who cares in the loop, such as it is.

Raising a transgender child is certainly DIFFERENT. But I love both my kids, and I won't stand for a teacher bullying our youngest out of a school he overall has loved since he started going there. One thing he said last night bothered me a lot. He didn't want to draw anything, because he didn't know what would come out. (He tends to draw "gory" when he's in a GOOD mood... LOL! He likes anime. <shrug>)

That woman is NOT going to be allowed to stifle the artistic ability which is the One Reason the child was accepted to the cool new school.

Oh good. Hubby just called (saves me a 2nd OT post), he talked to the Principal, who is going to excuse today's absence himself, so it won't count against our parent notes. :) Hubby is reassured, I feel better.

Mr S is going to talk to That Woman. (I'd love to be a fly on the wall.) And have a meeting with youngest, Monday. They love him there, they don't want ANY of their "alternative" kids being dumped on, or feeling the way ours did yesterday.

I'm willing to wait and see what he brings to the party. I'll be off work again starting that day, too. So if 5th hour becomes a problem, I *will* be in a position to go deal with it.

Cool. Good news. I'm much happier. Still mad, and don't want my kid breathing the same air as HER... but that's an issue for another day, now. I can live with that.

How about a one-item scavenger hunt? So far, this has turned out to be a needle in a haystack.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903686/anybody-know-where-this-cc-top-is-from

Bananas_45 doesn't know where it is. She only deals with appropriately rated sites, and this top probably isn't from one of those... So, we look wider afield. Who's good with cc searches?

If you have it, or know where it is, PLEASE let me know, or post to that thread. I wouldn't mind having it myself. ;)

Thanks!
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    I have problem with command center,i only have pak.and 3 skript of mod and when i play game and want to plan social event -dance party on that lot only DJ booth is there and bar is not ...thats happenning if i was invited to a party not only when ii plan!!! it is this mod..i was tested!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    I have problem with command center,i only have pak.and 3 skript of mod and when i play game and want to plan social event -dance party on that lot only DJ booth is there and bar is not ...thats happenning if i was invited to a party not only when ii plan!!! it is this mod..i was tested!!

Hello @thesimsserbia
    This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to your issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-No-more-bar-at-Windenberg-Outdoor-Events/m-p/5691781#U5691781

I will quote the workaround for the issue that a simmer has worked out.
    Ok, so in order to get a bar to appear at those three outdoor places in Windenberg, what I had to do was allow the played sim to go to the event area and then save the game and exit. On loading the game, the bar was present and soon after a mixologist showed up to run the bar. I have tried this three times now, and it worked every time
    One more little tidbit on the kid/school front... turns out our 15yo isn't just a brilliant artist, he's kind of become the (new) school's Resident Artist. They switched buildings (locations) this year. He's got a lot of decorating projects going on.

I imagine the principal probably WAS a little freaked when he didn't show up Friday. Definitely doesn't want him to quit. Or change schools again (over my dead body, that'll happen).

He was VERY accommodating when hubby called. One thing he said (hubby didn't tell me all of it till that evening) was that anytime anybody made our youngest too uncomfortable to want to go to school, that He Wants to Know About It. I think we found a champion. :) At the very least, an ally. That's very cool.

I was run over last night at work. 175 customers... 44 in the first 43 minutes of my shift. And later we got a McLane delivery. Epic night. We didn't really get everything done we would have liked to, but we made a pretty big difference... around the 200ish customers. They'll be all right. We took the money. You know? It's a store, that's job one.

(2 to go... ad tags tonight. Boring, tedious, but, at least it's different. And Saturday customers are usually partying. :smiley: )

Bedtime, I'm out. BBL!
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @thesimsserbia
    This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to your issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-No-more-bar-at-Windenberg-Outdoor-Events/m-p/5691781#U5691781

I will quote the workaround for the issue that a simmer has worked out.
    Ok, so in order to get a bar to appear at those three outdoor places in Windenberg, what I had to do was allow the played sim to go to the event area and then save the game and exit. On loading the game, the bar was present and soon after a mixologist showed up to run the bar. I have tried this three times now, and it worked every time

thank i was find out that is game eror not mod
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Is there a way to 'Unmarry' a couple that MC had patched together. I should have flagged her not to marry - my fault. I don't want to return to the pre-alarm save because the rest of the considerable number of alarm events are just perfect.
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    Is there a way to 'Unmarry' a couple that MC had patched together. I should have flagged her not to marry - my fault. I don't want to return to the pre-alarm save because the rest of the considerable number of alarm events are just perfect.

Hello
    Egwarhammer will help you, but there is also another way to unmarry a sim. Type in
    testingcheats true
    Then click on the sim and there will be a marriage interaction category . Click that and there will be an option to " clear marriages".
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Egwarhammer will help you, but there is also another way to unmarry a sim. Type in
    testingcheats true
    Then click on the sim and there will be a marriage interaction category . Click that and there will be an option to " clear marriages".

Thanks @rosemow . I don't normally play married sims and She is not one of my played sims so I didn't know about that cheat. I will see off her unwanted suitor with immediate effect. He's toast!
    edited November 2016
    testingcheats true

Thanks @rosemow . I don't normally play married sims and She is not one of my played sims so I didn't know about that cheat. I will see off her unwanted suitor with immediate effect. He's toast!

Hello
    You're welcome :) You may want to " save " or " save as " your game before using the cheat, just in case any issues occur.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016
    Has anybody found a way to disable these horrible City Living Tourist Outfits?

Everytime my sims show up with this outfit I wanna ↯☄☠... :rage:arrgh!!

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Has anybody found a way to disable these horrible City Living Tourist Outfits?

Everytime my sims show up with this outfit I wanna ↯☄☠... :rage:arrgh!!

Any hint is highly appreciated.

I have no idea if it will work, being Myshuno related, but... try using Dresser and Blacklisting all the parts. It may not do anything since they're Situation outfits... but it wouldn't hurt to try. You'll have to kill all the colors for none of them to be available.
    If you'd be interested in seeing your Cheerleader at work... check out these posts from MC Comments. I don't feel the need to be all sunshine and roses, over there. When you're handing out clues, plain talk is best. ;)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5117835#post5117835

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5118112#post5118112

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5118267#post5118267

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5118274#post5118274

(I might've gone off the deep end... welcome to the Internet.)
    I have no idea if it will work, being Myshuno related, but... try using Dresser and Blacklisting all the parts. It may not do anything since they're Situation outfits... but it wouldn't hurt to try. You'll have to kill all the colors for none of them to be available.

I already fight against this annoying Racoon...

If anybody is interested, the syntax for blacklisting that costume is
    B.F.YA,0x0000000000022a79,Sp.Si

But I don't have any results right now and I'm not sure whether blacklisting in dresser is a solution. I'm in doubt because cleaner is only running scheduled and not when the games decides, that now is the right time for a rummaging racoon. Clicking on the particular Sim > MC Command Center > MC Dresser > Clean Outfits works, but you have to do it manually every time the racoon shows up.

Keep you informed....
    edited November 2016
    Bonxie wrote: »

I already fight against this annoying Racoon...

If anybody is interested, the syntax for blacklisting that costume is
    B.F.YA,0x0000000000022a79,Sp.Si

But I don't have any results right now and I'm not sure whether blacklisting in dresser is a solution. I'm in doubt because cleaner is only running scheduled and not when the games decides, that now is the right time for a rummaging racoon. Clicking on the particular Sim > MC Command Center > MC Dresser > Clean Outfits works, but you have to do it manually every time the racoon shows up.

Keep you informed....

Have you tried the Mailbox? I think it's the last command, something about Dresser Clean All Sims. ?

Edit: you know that to have it cover all ages/genders, will take more than just the one line, right?

B.F.EL
    B.M.YA and B.M.EL (but make sure it's the same costume ID first... probably, but it may not be.)

Is the head part of the body, or is it a separate hat piece? Head? (Maybe THAT's what that listing in the Outfit info file is for???)
    And btw, I think the raccoons are cool. It's the swimsuit/leprechaun hat wearing elders I could really do without.
    edited November 2016
    Have you tried the Mailbox? I think it's the last command, something about Dresser Clean All Sims. ?
    Thanks for the hint. I didn't know that. But the racoon pest is mostly a part of the San Myshuno Plazas and unfortunately there is no standard mailbox. But I check out whether it's possible to have a mailbox in a hidden place in the public lots (Karaoke Bar, Gym, etc.). This should work.

Edit: you know that to have it cover all ages/genders, will take more than just the one line, right?

B.F.EL
    B.M.YA and B.M.EL (but make sure it's the same costume ID first... probably, but it may not be.)
    Yes, I know that. For my experiments YA is OK in the beginning. Most important is the "Sp.Si" for the outfit category SITUATION[x].

Is the head part of the body, or is it a separate hat piece? Head? (Maybe THAT's what that listing in the Outfit info file is for???)
    The head or hat seems to be an integrated part of the fullbody outfit. As I said before, if you hit "Clean Outfits" with that line in the mc_dresser.cfg it's completely removed. Thinking of it, this should work the same way as the mailbox "Dresser Clean all Sims" function, only individually. I think the head section in the listing has nothing to do with it, because it seems to be equal in all outfit categories. But since it's not a documented feature, it would be interesting to learn the meaning. Maybe it's the head shape??

And btw, I think the raccoons are cool. It's the swimsuit/leprechaun hat wearing elders I could really do without.
    Those are the next, who have to bite the dust... >:)

But maybe this is something for the "Stop Annoying Actions" or "Bar Night"' category.

@Bonxie yes you can put a mailbox outside the Karaoke Bar (etc) and it works fine. I've done it. :)

Eating & getting ready to crash. Last work night till next Sunday at noon. Until 10pm. Hatfield (store mgr) wrote me in. Command performance, Sunday after Black Friday. It'll be hopping! I enjoyed the 2nd shifts I got to take off, and I may get more later, but for now I'm guessing "All Hands on Deck" includes yours truly. ;)

About head, if I remember right, DP's comment was, if it's in the Output File, it's being used by the game for *something*... we've just never figured out what that WAS. Probably you're right, maybe it's partly talking about those generic facial/skintone choices? Something like that?

I'd say blacklist one, just to see what happens. LOL! My first guess will be, it won't work unless you also whitelist a different one.

By the way, just a general heads up... what we have for MC right now, 3.0.1, is what we're GOING to have, for the foreseeable future.

Zero info on any MC update ETA at all. "Later" is my best interpretation. @itsug the Cheerleader is taking "soon" off the table, here. ;)

Here's why, and we've been talking about this at MC, so I'm not really "packing tales" here... but I wanted those of you from here that don't visit MC comments to know, too...

DP is not feeling well, and hasn't been for some time. He wouldn't release an untested version, even if he felt like he was "finished" with it. And lately, he's been busy enough with just trying to function, till the doctor can help him. WIP.

So we're all going to need to be patient, and find some ingenuity for handling new-map issues, for the time being. I'll do what I can to help with issues, of course, but some things are just going to be out of my league. I'll let you know when those come up. We'll figure it out, I just may not have a READY answer for some things.

(This is when/why RTFM is cool. :wink: )

And now I need to go to bed. Back tonight before work! <3
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    By the way, just a general heads up... what we have for MC right now, 3.0.1, is what we're GOING to have, for the foreseeable future.

Zero info on any MC update ETA at all. "Later" is my best interpretation. @itsug the Cheerleader is taking "soon" off the table, here. ;)

Here's why, and we've been talking about this at MC, so I'm not really "packing tales" here... but I wanted those of you from here that don't visit MC comments to know, too...

DP is not feeling well, and hasn't been for some time. He wouldn't release an untested version, even if he felt like he was "finished" with it. And lately, he's been busy enough with just trying to function, till the doctor can help him. WIP.

So we're all going to need to be patient, and find some ingenuity for handling new-map issues, for the time being. I'll do what I can to help with issues, of course, but some things are just going to be out of my league. I'll let you know when those come up. We'll figure it out, I just may not have a READY answer for some things.

(This is when/why RTFM is cool. :wink: )

And now I need to go to bed. Back tonight before work! <3

Oh dear, that's rotten for him - hope he feels much better soon, poor thing :anguished:
    edited November 2016

Yes. There's Forget Sim. To use it, move one of the married couple OUT of the active household (Manage Households, Merge/Split works fine and is easy). Then, under Relationships, you can choose Forget Sim on them. You can choose from different options there. I'd go for the last one, Include Family Relationships. That'll totally wipe that sim off your sims's panel. But you can use the same Relationships Menu to Set their friendship levels back up, if you want them to know each other, just not be married. (Forget Sim is on the main Sim > MC menu. Oops!)

If you have Observant and Incredibly Friendly, just reintroduce them. Ask her career, and your panel should look pretty decent between them again (friendship level).

If you don't have Sim Menus enabled, use the command mccc jane doe (the moved-out spouse) to enable that menu for this situation. If you want to enable it for all of them, that's in the Computer > MC UI > MCCC Settings menu, under Notifications/Menus/Console (something like that, the one that starts with Notifications.)

Almost missed this, sorry, wild week I'm having IRL here. One night at work to go, tomorrow starts time off thru noon Sunday. Woot!

I'll be around. ;)
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top