Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Sel Nice picture is that from the store?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    @Sel Nice picture is that from the store?

thanks! & yeah the changing station is from the store :) i think it came with the "lullabies and nursery rhymes" set but it might have been a different one :$
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Who stares at a toddler being bathed like that...? She's not a science project, geez!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Who stares at a toddler being bathed like that...? She's not a science project, geez!
    LOL maybe he's checking if anything is floating in the water? Like wife, we need to bathe her again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Well I havn't play sims yet.( Dad moved the computer in the hallway. For the exercise equipment to the living room.) I might convince my dad to give me city living.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I was thinking the same thing lol Some men find their toddlers strange I guess :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Aww,very cute toddler @Sel
  • Options
    Thank you @sparkfairy1 and @elanorbreton for the thoughts and hugs, they mean the world to me :)

I'm feeling much better today, thank you
  • Options

lmao he was "critiquing" the little fishes on the wall :D
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    @elanorbreton i'll post pictures as soon as I am able too. So far its been a new experience. I have yet to try everything out yet but karaoke and basketball are fun lol I have a quake trait on my lot but have yet to see my sim feel anything we shall see though.... and since my sim works 9 to6 (I have neias biology mod in my game) its been hard trying to see the festivals lol i might have to give her a vacation day or something to check it out ;)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    I absolutely love the singing in this EP!! I love to sing in the shower and karaoke and I can completely relate to this new gameplay they added. Much better (In my opinion) than the sims 3 where your sim can only sing well if they join the singing career field. I love how you can gain the new singing skill. Either way here a video of my sims singing and playing the piano. I put it as a spoiler in case others who haven't bought the pack don't want to see stuff yet. I will be posting pictures of the park view in San myshuno next. got some nice pictures of that. Reminded me of when I visited Manhattan.

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Here are some pictures of the park with the buildings in the background. It looks so nice... I havent explored everywhere yet but I cannot wait until I do such nice scenery. I wish you could freely walk around it... But makes for nice photos right?

11-14-16_9-40-29nbspAM_zpsqridrecy.png

11-14-16_9-41-09nbspAM_zps6acrsflw.png

11-14-16_9-41-43nbspAM_zpslatnyr95.png

• Options
    ladykatra101ladykatra101 Posts: 22 New Member
    Its sad that this is the worsed game they have come out with. I feel as if I am playing sims1. there no toddlers or pets. and the hair come on we pay good money and the hair is so bad I have seen on other games where hair and everything is so much nicer looking. I love when they brought out the toddles they were so much fun. they have very little for the kids to do. I they better inprove this sims 4 because I am not sure I will take the chance on a sims 5
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LOL ok I'm totally a family player now. I took this quiz and guess what I got. :smiley:

"You got: The Sims 3: Generations
    You love life and with every new phase, you get excited about what is in store for you. You’re great with kids and hope to have a huge family one day, so that you can teach them your wisdom. You can’t wait to grow old and look back on your life and see all that you’ve accomplished."
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/cassiesmyth/which-sims-expansion-pack-are-you?utm_term=.ehW81lgOy

SimGuruJessica is putting up pretty fun quizzes on Twitter.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Hmm, I got The Sims 3: Showtime
    "You were born to be on stage with everyone screaming your name. You hang out at Starlight Shores with all your friends who are all either singers, acrobats, magicians, or DJs. One day you will make it and your face will be on billboards all over the world!"

Pretty funny stuff!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Sel wrote: »
    are we still sharing pics of family play here? in that case... dat family life! :D

DimrIDN.jpg

Love the toddler skin!!! So cute. I have been looking for a similar skin, but have not been able to find one.
  • Options
    Got sims 3 : generations too. Interesting survey @Scobre thanks for sharing

Wonderful photos everybody :)
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I got "Into the Future".

Which “Sims” Expansion Pack Are You?

You got: The Sims 3: Into The Future
    Time travel is possible and you are basically the best at it. You fly around on your hoverboard and jetpack watching the beauty of the futuristic world.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    This is what I got. Cute survey and yes, this would be me.

You got: The Sims 3: World Adventures

You love traveling and want to spend your life exploring the world. You’re a true adventurer and you’re always on quests and challenges trying to uncover the secrets of the world. Getting lost in tombs and being chased by a mummy is your favourite pastime.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited November 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    LOL ok I'm totally a family player now. I took this quiz and guess what I got. :smiley:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/cassiesmyth/which-sims-expansion-pack-are-you?utm_term=.ehW81lgOy
    Well, from the answers I gave I had no idea what I would turn out to be but it was... Generations :)

Edit: Just popped back to post a few family pics. I have had great fun tonight - I recreated my TS4 game into TS3 - this is where I have a dad and son living alone and they are friends with the Bjergsens. Here is Michael and Christopher:
    000%20Hoff%20Family.jpg?dl=0

At the park, Michael is talking to Bjorn and Chris is chasing Elsa in a game of tag:
    002.jpg?dl=0

A short time later, Michael had a call from Bjorn to ask if Chris wanted to go round and play with Elsa at their house. So cute! I don't remember this being in the game. They discovered their new friends are rich, and Elsa has an older sister and they have 2 cats (they don't yet know that all the Bjergsen females are witches in this version).
    006.jpg?dl=0

Back at their shabby little house, a hug before bed:
    008.jpg?dl=0
    Post edited by elanorbreton on
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

You love life and with every new phase, you get excited about what is in store for you. You’re great with kids and hope to have a huge family one day, so that you can teach them your wisdom. You can’t wait to grow old and look back on your life and see all that you’ve accomplished."

SimGuruJessica is putting up pretty fun quizzes on Twitter.

Hmm. I got Pets.

"You’re an animal lover and can’t live without your furry friends. Your favourite animals are dogs, cats, and horses. One day you’d love to be a zookeeper. You spend your days hanging out at Appaloosa Plains and training your pet to get the traits you want."

Certainly interesting, though not entirely out of the realm of possibility for me.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Sel wrote: »
    are we still sharing pics of family play here? in that case... dat family life! :D

DimrIDN.jpg

Love the toddler skin!!! So cute. I have been looking for a similar skin, but have not been able to find one.

thanks! it's not a special toddler skin, it's the mango smoothie default replacement skin for all ages, cause i'm too lazy to give each sim a seperate skin :D

also omg @Scobre thanks for posting that quiz, it's so cool! i got supernatural <3
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I got Generations too! :grin:

I've been spending the last two weekends playing Sims 3 and really enjoying it. Planet Coaster released yesterday, I played for about 20 minutes and wow, it's incredible! I can't wait to have some time off this weekend to really get into it. Frontier needs to make a life sim.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited November 2016
    I got Generations too! :grin:

I've been spending the last two weekends playing Sims 3 and really enjoying it. Planet Coaster released yesterday, I played for about 20 minutes and wow, it's incredible! I can't wait to have some time off this weekend to really get into it. Frontier needs to make a life sim.
    *goes green with jealousy*

I can't wait to get Planet Coaster at Christmas.

I've been playing TS3 for the last few weeks too, it was mostly building at first but now I am into a game and really having lots of fun. I think that I've got to the stage with TS4 now that makes me appreciate TS3 even more, cos last time I had a go with TS3 (several months ago) I was being really picky with it and didn't enjoy it as much as I always used to, which made me really sad. But suddenly I am loving it again!

Here's a quick shot of one of the joyful aspects:

012.jpg?dl=0
    Following my sim from his house to the library as he cycles around Riverview. Totally amazing.

Edit: It rained while he was in the library. I just sat there thinking 'oh joy, it's actually raining'! <3
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @Cabelle1863 yesss PC is awesome haha :) And I heard somewhere on YouTube that, apparently (take this with a huge grain of salt), there's a subreddit somewhere called "Project Vie" - and, again apparently, those are people wanting to make something that sounds like a life simulator à la The Sims. They occasionally comment or do polls or something on what people would like to see in simulators, and again a huge apparently coz I didn't check this (they do exist though), one of the SimGurus follows them too! So who knows. It would be aaaaaaawesome if someone finally created some real competition for EA!

@elanorbreton it's weird but sometimes I enjoy TS3, and sometimes I really don't lol Kind of like what you describe. I open it up on some days and I just can't get into it at all, then other times I don't understand how that was ever possible. I think it's because I love features of TS3 (like open world) that simultaneously frustrate me, too, because even on my gaming computer (especially built for it) TS3 can run super laggy despite using NRaas mods. Dunno why that is. Same with TS2 by now. Sometimes I love it as much as I used to, sometimes I don't. And actually, that made me appreciate TS4 more lol. Because I have to admit, I do like the fact a lot that I can open/close it as quickly as we can, so I don't feel bad if after 20 minutes of simming I notice I'm just not in a gaming mood (on the contrary, both TS2 and 3 take so long to boot up, I feel I kinda have to play for min. an hour) :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top