Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MAKING OF A PRINCESS ~a Selection Challenge || FINALE!!!! Up Now!

Comments

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    All the girls lookes so elegant and thier photos turned out beautifully. I love the ways Skye looks all dressed up like that , I had a little bit of trouble recognizing her at first.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Sel wrote: »
    This is like playing Barbies when I was a kid and I only had one Ken doll...hee! Loved all the gorgeous dresses. Everyone looked stunning.

lmao same except all my barbies ended up being lesbians bc all my male dolls broke xD

LOL!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    This is like playing Barbies when I was a kid and I only had one Ken doll...hee! Loved all the gorgeous dresses. Everyone looked stunning.

I used large starwars action figures. They were slightly shorter than my barbies, and Han Solo lost a hand so we called him Hand Solo, but they had moving wrists and elbows and knees so they worked really well. Luke was a favorite among the girls. ;)
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Irishsong wrote: »
    I used large starwars action figures. They were slightly shorter than my barbies, and Han Solo lost a hand so we called him Hand Solo, but they had moving wrists and elbows and knees so they worked really well. Luke was a favorite among the girls. ;)
    HAND Solo! You have no idea how much I laughed at that.
    In school we used to play a similar game to this challenge, with Polly pockets. We each got a girl and had to dress her up prettily, the best looking girl got the guy (Since male Polly pockets were rare, so female Polly's had to compete! It's a Polly eat Polly world out there.) And although my Polly always looked the best the person who owned the man would always pair him off with her Polly pocket, or her best friends, regardless. It was rigged!

When I was alone, I used to play with My little ponies, since they were all female, every yellow and blue pony became a 'man' XD
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Irishsong - Hand Solo! :lol: I laughed so hard that I snorted.

I must have been the only person that didn't care about Ken. My barbies were too busy having adventures or being vets to worry about Ken. I always thought that he was weird! I didn't even know that they had male Polly Pockets but I used to always tell stories about a beautiful princess being kidnapped and waiting for her prince to come :lol:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    Irishsong wrote: »
    HAND Solo! You have no idea how much I laughed at that.
    In school we used to play a similar game to this challenge, with Polly pockets. We each got a girl and had to dress her up prettily, the best looking girl got the guy (Since male Polly pockets were rare, so female Polly's had to compete! It's a Polly eat Polly world out there.) And although my Polly always looked the best the person who owned the man would always pair him off with her Polly pocket, or her best friends, regardless. It was rigged!

When I was alone, I used to play with My little ponies, since they were all female, every yellow and blue pony became a 'man' XD

lmao hand solo i canttttt :D also omg i had a male polly pocket too! (at least the older versions, obviously the little original ones couldn't dress up or anything :P) i think his name was rick or something?

sorry for getting so off topic :$
    Origin ID: Selxna
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 35

lkjajlksdf_zpsctrvf1pt.png

Week 6.1

Sunday , Day 34

All
    The Palace, Mid-Morning

Sundays are the girl's one and only true chance to do as they please. I have been so pleased to see the girls getting on so well. I really wanted to write Valentina in as a scheming backstabber who was on the outs with the group, but she's surprised me with her eagerness to bond with the girls. This black haired beauty is genuinely trying to make friends and she is doing an amazing job. The other girls don't seem to mind engaging her in conversation anymore and I really enjoyed watching Dominique come out of her shell a little bit and these four connecting during the better half of Sunday Morning...

10-27-16_12-42-06nbspPM_zpsr2ipbh0o.png

Ella pursued a solitary game of chess for most of the day and I just can't get over how beautiful she is. She is the kind of sim that I would have never created myself and I can't express how much I love having her in game.

10-27-16_12-42-30nbspPM_zpsyqisumz9.png

Ariana blows my mind with how stunning she is too. It's not just Ella love here. This absolute stunner worked on her violin skill which is actually pretty good now. She's been good at it for awhile but I loved watching her pursue her own things.

10-27-16_12-42-55nbspPM_zpskxfnoxnm.png

Viviana made use of the free easel - which I keep forget to clear. So I had a little chuckle to myself when I found her having a blast painting this Forest Scenery. I think that Viviana is the only one that has actually used the easel this entire challenge :lol:

10-27-16_12-43-35nbspPM_zpsove3rcm3.png

Skye was the only girl who actually ventured outside of the women's room. I found her in the library in the later afternoon, enjoying a good book. To be honest there isn't much in the way of entertainment outside of the women's room because I keep most of the other rooms locked - like the ballroom and kitchen and dining hall outside of meal times and special events...so I really enjoyed one of these girls actually getting some use out of the library. I kind of designed it with the Belle's Library in the Beauty and the Beast in mind - because who wouldn't love a library like that? By the way...has anyone picked up which Disney movie is secretly my favourite now that I am an adult? If you asked me when I was five I'd have said 'The Little Mermaid'. I watched it on repeat for most of my childhood. Haha!

10-27-16_12-43-17nbspPM_zps5kl6g9zg.png

And while we are exploring the women in the castle I'd like to dedicate the next few minutes to this amazing women!

10-27-16_12-44-13nbspPM_zpsw7pgzugf.png

Jemina Wilder is the women behind the scenes and the backbone of this entire challenge, she is our chef, bar tender and maid extraordinary. This amazing lady keeps things neat and tidy and I can NOT praise how amazing this sim has been. If you don't have a Jemina Wilder in game...go and get her!
    <3<3<3
    ~*~

Monday , Day 35

Sapphire
    Spa, Mid-Morning

With the Elite phase of the challenge now underway the girls are being dated on a rotation basis which I random rolled for the order - so if you are feeling the Sapphire love/burn out I promise that other girls are in the running for this thing. Randomization sometimes works in funny ways :lol: The official order - baring for extra dates - is: Ariana, Savannah, Skye, Sapphire, Ella, Dominique, Viviana and finally Valentina.

You know...despite all of the Sapphire love recently she actually has the lowest combination of relationship bars with the Prince. I don't know what it is...these two get together and they are so amazing together...but those bars just filling as quickly as the other girls...who knows maybe for these two it is a slow burn.

10-27-16_7-15-24nbspPM_zpsb947jwma.png

10-27-16_7-15-27nbspPM_zpsnzvxjsc0.png

10-27-16_7-15-40nbspPM_zpsbtpdjkui.png

Omg. I want a massage!!!! Sim Gurus Spa Day is a constant tease I'll have you know. I wasn't originally planning on these two having a massage together at the start of their date...but I just had to live vicariously through my Sims for a minute.

10-27-16_7-16-46nbspPM_zpsysjpwjgf.png

10-27-16_7-16-55nbspPM_zps6j8rubb0.png

10-27-16_7-16-56nbspPM_zpsyw5gruvg.png

This was a really cute and easy Gold date for these two. There was a fair bit of making out going on - which I didn't snap pictures of - but these two really are special together.

Date Overview
    Date Medal: Gold|Legendary
    Sapphires Tally: 21
    Friendship: Good Friends 3/5
    Romance: 3/4
    Extras: Such Cuteness!

~*~

Ella
    Kitchen, Early-Afternoon

This date seemed a lot cuter in my head because when I dreamed up the idea I imagined these two getting covered in flour and sucking batter off of each other's fingers and having a feel cheeky kisses in amongst baking together.... that is not to say that it wasn't cute though :wink:

The two had a great time catching up. Converstation just flows with these two...and it was kind of cute to see Ella trying her hand at cooking because her skills normally involve pressing the button on a microwave or opening a packet. :lol:

10-27-16_7-29-02nbspPM_zpsf1yur8ly.png

10-27-16_7-29-15nbspPM_zpsdazrhuxn.png

10-27-16_7-29-39nbspPM_zps0gs2v9j4.png

Atleast she looked cute spraying batter all over the place. After Ella had placed the cake in the oven it was time for some serious flirting because both of these crazy kids have rolled wants during their date to 'Be Romantic' with each other. Nawwww!

10-27-16_7-30-26nbspPM_zpsdbhgc8ef.png

10-27-16_7-30-57nbspPM_zpszcqwgqyg.png

10-27-16_7-31-06nbspPM_zpsmkls6yzx.png

10-27-16_7-31-10nbspPM_zpsrfkdbrbb.png

And kiss. There has to be a kiss. It was a sweet kiss too. I don't think that these 'soul mates' have made out yet.... at least I don't think that they have. There have been a few passionate kisses. Who knows...I guess that their connection goes a little deeper than some tongue action :wink:

10-27-16_7-31-20nbspPM_zpsqayn0t5b.png

Oh right...there was cake as well.

10-27-16_7-32-56nbspPM_zps69tqjzzm.png

Which actually wasn't bad quality. I was expecting the two to take one bite and barf...but it was passable okay so snaps for Ella. Nice to know that you could wipe up a passable chocolate cake in the off chance that Jemina takes the night off :lol:

Date Overview
    Ella's Tally: 17
    Friendship: Good Friends 100%
    Romance: Soulmates 100%
    Extras: Are we surprised by the Gold date with these two crazy kids? No? Neither was I.

~*~

Dominique
    Gardens, Late Afternoon

This was actually the hardest date of the day. I really had to work to get these two to Gold and lets just say that it was NOT an issue with Julius and Dominique's connection. These two are comfortable sitting on soul mate status with 100% in both Friendship and Romance bars...I may have a bit to learn about emotions and how to handle a few crazy buffs that looooooove to stick around.

10-28-16_10-13-21nbspPM_zpsp1bbf59l.png

Anyway, Dominique joined Julius' date kicked off in gardens just after 3 o'clock. You probably won't recognise this part of the garden...but once upon a date it was split in half and remodelled for Julius' hot tub date with Prism.

Seeing as Dominique is a bit of a muso...and I'd had this particular date played out for awhile I wasted no time in encouraging Dominique to serenade Julius.

10-28-16_10-11-03nbspPM_zpsts3dulnv.png

10-28-16_10-11-19nbspPM_zpsvrqflorz.png

10-28-16_10-11-29nbspPM_zpsehrd88cy.png

I like to think that it went well because Julius' mood instantly shifted to 'Flirty' which was part of one of their very first date goals. Getting both of these crazy kids to be flirty at the same time should be a sinch....right?

10-28-16_10-12-38nbspPM_zpsxrs4jf2f.png

10-28-16_10-12-56nbspPM_zps6dceko6c.png

Increasing the romance should get us there. Right! Right?....uh....

10-28-16_10-13-30nbspPM_zps7sivv3fw.png

10-28-16_10-13-32nbspPM_zpsizbs2fdu.png

Right???!?!?!

10-28-16_10-13-46PM_zpsn5eunubu.png

10-28-16_10-13-55nbspPM_zps5qzwhmtq.png

Nope...apparently Julius' killer move/ 'Passionate kiss wasn't even enough of a push to send Dominique over the line. It was about now that I decided to investigate why on earth Dominique wasn't feeling flirty. The two had exhausted all other date goals and were still only sitting on Silver.
    Yeah turns out that Dominique serenading Julius had put him in a flirty mood and given her a 3 ++ Happy Emotional Buff which was overpowering EVERYTHING else.

10-28-16_10-15-31nbspPM_zpsakzsrgkf.png

10-28-16_10-15-34nbspPM_zpsyzorrjhf.png

Yeah I feel your pain buddy. There was nothing that we could do other than wait it out and just in the nick of time - literally there was an hour to go on the date timer - the mood buff disappeared, Dominique sky rocketed to flirty, the two kissed a little more and we hit Gold with a minute to spare. PHEW!

Date Overview
    Dominique's Tally: 23
    Friendship: Good Friends 100%
    Romance: Soulmates 100%
    Extras: We got there. Phew, that was intense!!!

~*~

Well my lovely readers I am going to leave you with this beautifully fluffy piece. Until next time <3

Quick heads up! Does anyone remember me going on about applying for a job? I have the interview on Thursday!!! I am beyond excited and totally freaking out! This is my last update for a few days...I have a day and half to prepare for it. Eep! Wish me luck!!!

Great update!

And MUCH GOOD LUCK on your interview Thursday!!!! Rooting for you!!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    is it bad that i still don't trust valentina? it's just so sketchy how she's suddenly trying to make friends, just when it was announced that being friendly with other girls would be something they'll be judged on.. hm... :/
    and wow that date with dominique was super romantic... looked like it was out of a movie or something! :D

good luckk with your interview, i hope it'll be great & you'll get the job! <3
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Good luck with your interview!
    A++ on the update.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I'll pray that your interview goes well :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    I think I dreamt that Valentina was named queen. Not a pleasant dream.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Darn, all those dates are soooo cute! <3
    Loved the Domi date, even when 'not in the mood' they still score gold ;):lol:
    How'd the interview go?
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Soon?
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited November 2016
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 36

week%206%20cover_zpspo6hq1rg.png

And a little reminder of who is still in the competition!!!! Click the spoiler ;)

The Selected!!!!

Savannaht_zpsfoqkgqyb.pngVivianat_zps9mkzgrby.pngValentinat_zpslx4srlze.pngSkyet_zpsfjwcunac.pngArianat_zpsijohtngj.pngDominiquet_zpskojpay7p.pngsapphiret_zps0u96klau.pngEllat_zpsd5u5i9am.png

Week 6.2

Tuesday, Day 36

Viviana
    Patio, Early Morning

This was a date that I had been looking forward to for awhile. Viviana and Julius had been flirting with the idea of romance and I knew that it was time to kick their relationship into the next level. I am really keen on a kiss for these two today.

Their date started bright and early....and I just loooooove the soft glow of the morning light. Can we just give props to the creators of this game...this is seriously beautiful!

10-28-16_10-36-55PM_zpsqw16u9un.png

10-28-16_10-36-56PM_zpsosush2ag.png

I let the two spent a bit of time building their romance level. Viviana has definitely been left behind in that area...but their friendship has been strong the entire time and Julius is after a deep connection. He has the 'Soul Mate' aspiration so one of his deepest desires is to marry his best friend.

10-28-16_10-38-51PM_zpszdity3na.png

10-28-16_10-39-01PM_zpsnireldfz.png

And it looks like these two are actually hitting it off. They were flirting like crazy. I interrupted their flow a little when I directed them to have breakfast together...

10-28-16_10-40-06PM_zpsrf7n53o8.png

...but Julius recovered. Actually he surprised me with the want to 'Kiss' Viviana and seeing as it was one of the date goals he went for it.

10-28-16_10-40-48PM_zpsz0u0uvah.png

10-28-16_10-40-49PM_zpshf0f37fm.png

OMG! You actually have no idea how revealed I was the she didn't turn him down. Yay! No surprise eliminations. I think we could both use a little less walk outs and a little more romance.

10-28-16_10-41-09PM_zpsprotq6ec.png

10-28-16_10-41-16PM_zpskbdlpglq.png

Viviana was seriously impressed by the kiss and the two parted ways with a gold medal under their belts.

10-28-16_10-41-34PM_zpskedilirp.png

Date Overview
    Friendship: 100% Good Friends
    Romance: 2/5's Lovebirds
    Extras: I am really glad that a little more romance finally injected itself it their relationship. These two can't just be friends...well they can, but Viviana would have to go home.

~*~

All,
    Women's Room, Mid Morning

Viviana's date wrapped up with the Prince early enough for her to join the other girls just as they were starting their morning routine for skilling.

10-28-16_10-35-57PM_zpsvvar4ele.png

I switch up the activities that the girls do every day and it is nice to see these beauties gaining a fairly even spread of the three main skills this challenge is focusing on. Besides...have I mentioned that I love watching my Sims skilling?

To the girls surprise their morning session was cut a little short when Serena walked into the room and called them over to take a seat. That's right Serena had an announcement for the girls. Now that they were a part of the Elite these little challenges and interludes would be happening more and more, and their first challenge had come across her desk that morning.

11-05-16_11-11-28AM_zpssnfnxoyk.png

The girls looked curiously at each other. Did anyone have any idea what was going on?

"You'll be splitting up into two teams Ladies," Serena announced with a smile, handing out a document to each of the girls. "As part the Princess you'll be expected to plan numerous formal and informal occasions throughout the year...some with little to no notice. You are being tested on this girls - so I want to see some cooperation. Sabotaging the other team will result in disciplinary action."

11-05-16_11-11-23AM_zpsanrqcjae.png

Dominique glanced at Valentina curiously. No one had really spoken about things since Prism and Delia were kicked out but most of the girls had agreed that Valentina had provoked the two. All of them agreed that it was wrong of Delia and Prism to respond the way that they had...but Dominique couldn't help but wonder if she should be a little more concerned by the raven haired beauty.

11-05-16_11-11-02AM_zpsgbczxpus.png

"The theme is Black and White. Valentina, Sapphire, Ariana and Skye you'll be team White..."

"Ella, Dominique, Savannah and Viviana you will be team Black. I expect you to behaviour perfectly at each others event. Good luck ladies. You're time starts now."

11-05-16_11-11-56AM_zps3wm6w7l4.png

The girls didn't need to be told twice. Without a moments hesitation they rushed off to separate tables talking furiously amongst themselves.

10-27-16_7-45-54PM_zpsethvwwv8.png

I really struggled with the team placements. Originally I was going to place Ella with Valentina to because I felt like their strong and confident personalities would cancel each other out a little bit...but the two didn't make sense together on a team and I wanted a little more drama.

For me, I figured that Skye sitting in with Valentina would add a little more spice to the game. I know that these two are actually really good friends - and I still don't understand it - but I figured this time planning their event was a good excuse for the girls to socialize in their little groups and build really strong, lasting friendships.

10-27-16_7-47-28PM_zpslksu4fas.png

10-27-16_7-47-13PM_zpsyabb2ge9.png

10-27-16_7-48-09PM_zpsn4aqfckb.png

10-27-16_7-45-58PM_zpsiarde6mz.png
    ~*~

Valentina
    Gardens, Evening

I hate myself for saying this...but these two...after this date. I am kind of craving more. There is something so delicious about Valentina. Ugh! I could shoot myself. She is one seriously awesome sim. There I said it!

11-05-16_10-18-16AM_zpsddbygpn2.png

Valentina is wearing a seriously cute dress that I downloaded from The Sims Resource. I wanted her to have a little bit of a Latin flare. Its not like she Latino or Julius is planning some seriously Salsa dancing later on...I just really liked the vibe.

11-05-16_10-21-54AM_zpsxl15qp3m.png

This is a dinner date...so I didn't waste anytime getting down too it. Julius was practically starving and his mopey face was ruining my shots! Haha! Valentina wasted no time in shifting the mood to flirty and can you blame her? It is a dinner date...if there is one time it is ok to bypass the friendly 'Hi How are You' and 'What did you do today?' it is during a dinner date.

11-05-16_10-21-09AM_zpsj1pqtylm.png

11-05-16_10-21-15AM_zpsbzoiyrem.png

I mean you don't really need all of the gory details do you? These two get along frustratingly well and actually make sense together in some spectacular way.

11-05-16_10-21-41AM_zpsntd0fljj.png

11-05-16_10-22-12AM_zpsodu9hcgi.png

I mean, it clearly went well....

11-05-16_10-23-45AM_zpse1gknufg.png

11-05-16_10-23-47AM_zpsrwjjtyu0.png

Yeah...this was one of the easiest Gold dates I've had in awhile...and I know that I have said that a crazy amount of times. Maybe it is true... or maybe fresh out of the almost disaster that was Dominique's Date this really was easy :lol:

Date Overview
    Date Medal: Gold|Legendary Val
    Friendship: 90%
    Romance: 100% Lovers
    Extras: I loved this date and I'm not even ashamed to admit it.

~*~

Hello lovies!!! I'm back! I've been mega busy with interview related things. It was an iffy interview. It is far from the worst interview I've ever had but it certainly was not the best. I find out Tuesday - maybe. Lol! This chapter was originally longer. Waaaaaaay to long for just one update so I relented and spilt it.

Yay! I hope that you enjoyed it!!!!

Of course I enjoyed it! I can't wait to see what the girls get themselves into.
    Valentina and Skye teaming up is sorta like Glinda and the wicked witch of the west in Wicked. The most unlikely friendship.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Love it :) Can't wait for more :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    Wonderful! And Valentina is gorgeous!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I'm cheering for Valentina , she's kind of mysterious and very interesting . And yes she is gorgeous!
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I think I figured it out. Sky is friends with Valentina because it is safer being on her good side! :D
    Of course Julius can't resist her despite himself. Bad girls are just like that.
    Haha, Dominique giving Valentina the curious look. "Why are you looking at me? I'm innocence incarnate." :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited November 2016
    I was going over the chapter again, and the last team picture of white team almost looks like they could be praying. :D
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @Irishsong they probably were. lol
    Laugh out loud. Often