Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Social Spa event

2...Next

Comments

• SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    edited May 2016
    Erpe wrote: »
    m11kj wrote: »
    spa event is the best update yet :) good job sfp team <3

Thanks @m11kj! <3 We do our best over here!
    And you have managed to make far the best MMO game ever! :)

I liked the spa event too. But now I am doing the Animal Onesie event which I just ignored in January. It is very good that you already let that event come back because the game is just too simple if we don't have events. So thanks again!

Still repeating this event so early for me is a confirmation that you have problems because the game now has become too big to expand much further without increasing the minimum requirements more than EA would allow you to do. (EA would probably allow you to stop supporting a couple of the oldest and weakest devices but that I wouldn't expect to be enough to allow a new big island where sims could live and work - and the thus required increase in the game's max number of sims.) So I won't expect this game to really receive many new events or expansions anymore. Instead I alas only expect it to be playable for me one or two year more where you probably mainly just will repeat earlier events. So I really hope that EA will allow you (Firemonkeys) to start developing a version 2 of this game if you don't already work on such a game! And yes - I would expect such a game to not support quite as many weak, old and outdated devices anymore. Keep on the good work! :)

Glad to here you're able to jump on board for the Animal Onesie event this time around!

We re-run events to share the love for all players, new and old! Some Simmers may have been unable to complete the event last time it came around so they're in good stead to finish it now, as well as new Simmers who may have just joined us post-January so it never hurts to spread the love around :)
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2016
    m11kj wrote: »
    spa event is the best update yet :) good job sfp team <3

Thanks @m11kj! <3 We do our best over here!
    And you have managed to make far the best MMO game ever! :)

I liked the spa event too. But now I am doing the Animal Onesie event which I just ignored in January. It is very good that you already let that event come back because the game is just too simple if we don't have events. So thanks again!

Still repeating this event so early for me is a confirmation that you have problems because the game now has become too big to expand much further without increasing the minimum requirements more than EA would allow you to do. (EA would probably allow you to stop supporting a couple of the oldest and weakest devices but that I wouldn't expect to be enough to allow a new big island where sims could live and work - and the thus required increase in the game's max number of sims.) So I won't expect this game to really receive many new events or expansions anymore. Instead I alas only expect it to be playable for me one or two year more where you probably mainly just will repeat earlier events. So I really hope that EA will allow you (Firemonkeys) to start developing a version 2 of this game if you don't already work on such a game! And yes - I would expect such a game to not support quite as many weak, old and outdated devices anymore. Keep on the good work! :)

Glad to here you're able to jump on board for the Animal Onesie event this time around!

We re-run events to share the love for all players, new and old! Some Simmers may have been unable to complete the event last time it came around so they're in good stead to finish it now, as well as new Simmers who may have just joined us post-January so it never hurts to spread the love around :)
    I managed to unlock everything in the Animal Onesie events in both my games with 10 to 15 hours left and without using any extensions :)

I don't remember exactly why I ignored the event in January. But the reason probably was that I don't like to have too many pets in my houses because they mostly just annoy me. Cats like to sleep where they are in the way and hinder my sims in doing what I want and dogs like to stop playing frisbee to do something else when I enter their house. So I usually attempt to get out of a house as quick as I can if there is a pet in the house ;)

Yes I agree that it is much better to repeat old events than to have too long periods without any event running. This is the way to prolong the life of the game for maybe one to two years. But I think that we both know that it only does that. So we still need a version 2 of the game to soon be developed if I am correct in my assumption that you can't really develop many more new events for the current version. (I know that EA probably doesn't allow you to comment on my assumptions.)
    Post edited by Erpe on
    edited May 2016
    Actually, we have a bunch of events planned ready to be let loose in the near future :) The never ending list of Simmer's suggestions will definitely be keeping us busy but we've also got some things we think you might like coming up...
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
    Actually, we have a bunch of events planned ready to be let loose in the near future :) The never ending list of Simmer's suggestions will definitely be keeping us busy but we've also got some things we think you might like coming up...
    Sounds good :)
  • MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    Are they any tips or tricks to complete the random events like the animal onesie? I have been trying to complete it, but I'm rewarded with the same things and I'm not able to fully complete it. How is everyone getting all of the awards in each row in order to complete the whole event?
    edited May 2016
    Are they any tips or tricks to complete the random events like the animal onesie? I have been trying to complete it, but I'm rewarded with the same things and I'm not able to fully complete it. How is everyone getting all of the awards in each row in order to complete the whole event?
    I managed to get everything in both my games by having 4 sims working on the event (3 in my own town and 1 in a neighbor's town) and by being very active so they wasted as little time as possible. This allowed me to finish the event with 10 to 15 hours left and thus avoid to use any extensions to get extra time for the event. None of my sim had any skill in the Internet kitten hobby which I had never used before the event started.
    You certainly did! I have now got my first sim promoted to lvl 6 and chose special ops. So I built the interview room and have already upgraded it several levels. Now I therefore have 4 of the 11 workstations and can collect fingerprints too. But it will still take me quite some time before I get all the remaining workstations and collectibles unlocked too :)

I find it very amazing that you still are able to make such huge expansions for a free game which has to work on all newer mobile devices (and not just on my own tablets). But I hope that you can continue this just a little more :)
  • JessieWolverineJessieWolverine Posts: 3 New Member
    So will sims freeplay re-run the spa event in the next couple of months bella I can't finish and I really want to get it
    What is the difference between bronze life orbs and silver life orbs and how to get bronze and silver
    So will sims freeplay re-run the spa event in the next couple of months because I can't finish and I really want to get it

edited November 2016
    What is the difference between bronze life orbs and silver life orbs and how to get bronze and silver
    When a sim dies after fulfilling its life dream then the sim will get a new orb.

If the sim had a silver orb then this orb will be changed into a gold orb. If the sim instead had a bronze orb then this orb will be changed into a silver orb. But if the sim didn't have an orb then the sim will get a bronze orb.

You need many orbs to build a lot of things within the different locations on the mystery island.
    edited November 2016
    So will sims freeplay re-run the spa event in the next couple of months bella I can't finish and I really want to get it
    I finished it days ago (but am still playing it just for the community though) and this was the second time I had that event. It will probably take at least six months before the same event will be re-run.
  • MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    I made it to the end of the community progress, but Im still trying to finish it on my own. There are just a few hours left and Im not going to make it. Does anyone know how long until it becomes available again to play? I really like this event and want to finish it!!
    I made it to the end of the community progress, but Im still trying to finish it on my own. There are just a few hours left and Im not going to make it. Does anyone know how long until it becomes available again to play? I really like this event and want to finish it!!
    The event was here in May and November this year. So last time it took six months before this event returned.
    The event was here in May and November this year. So last time it took six months before this event returned.

I will add that the caveat here is that reruns are not done on a schedule, so to speak.

It is possible that we could bring the Day Spa Event back again in the future, but there isn't a set time for when it would, or even if it will.

I will add that the caveat here is that reruns are not done on a schedule, so to speak.

It is possible that we could bring the Day Spa Event back again in the future, but there isn't a set time for when it would, or even if it will.
    I get that you don't want to be more repetitive or predictable than absolutely necessary and I like that :)
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Well, I got all the community stuff, but couldn't finish getting the rest of the stuff. Oh, well next time hopefully. I'll start my sims collecting stuff early.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    edited November 2016
    Well, I got all the community stuff, but couldn't finish getting the rest of the stuff. Oh, well next time hopefully. I'll start my sims collecting stuff early.
    I finished my own several days before the event ended. So even though it took 3 or 4 days to build the spa on an empty lot it was finished yesterday. But I am not even sure that I want to move one of my families to that lot because I actually like normal beds and furniture better than spa equipment that I don't even understand :)