The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby is stuck next to elevator.

My sim just had twins, and automatically the second twin appeared next to the elevator (contained by walls). I tried resetting this twin, but it did not work. I couldn't grab the crib/basket to move it as it wasn't within the owned area. I had tried debugging the twin, but still no luck, in the end I forced the second twin to be taken by social services. My sim then had another baby, this time at the hospital, but as soon as they arrived home the baby was put in the crib by the elevator. Help.

My Sim lived in the Jasmine Suites Apartments (Spice Market) in flat 2B, with the lot traits of "Good Schools" and "On Ley Line" which were the set traits for this lot set by the Sims.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Hello
    Other simmers are also having this issue.
    It would be good to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Babies-spawn-in-off-location-in-apartments/m-p/5669404#M29260

Come out of the game without saving, and then reload your game again. To avoid this occurring again, buy a bassinet before the birth and place it in the apartment.
    If you saved the game after the issue, you could try rolling back back the save game to an earlier version before the baby was born . These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • KelakuKelaku Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a similar issue but this happened when I was moving to another apartment. When my sim with twins moved, both bassinets were placed outside the building (on the sidewalk) and I have no way of picking them up.
    Kelaku wrote: »
    I have a similar issue but this happened when I was moving to another apartment. When my sim with twins moved, both bassinets were placed outside the building (on the sidewalk) and I have no way of picking them up.

Hello
    Try coming out of the game without saving. Reload the game. Before moving to the other apartment, go into build mode on the other apartment and place two bassinets there. Then move the family and see if that helps to avoid the situation occurring.
  • KelakuKelaku Posts: 3 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Try coming out of the game without saving. Reload the game. Before moving to the other apartment, go into build mode on the other apartment and place two bassinets there. Then move the family and see if that helps to avoid the situation occurring.

That worked. They are now safe and sound inside the apartment. Thank you. :)

Hello

That worked. They are now safe and sound inside the apartment. Thank you. :)

You're welcome :) I am glad that they are now safely in the apartment ,
  • MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    I had a similar problem with my Sim went into the shower in City Life, and ended up in the lift room unable to get out. I got her to travel to the spice market and she managed to get there. Obviously babies cannot use a telehone but Sims can if stuck behind a wall.
    I had a similar problem with my Sim went into the shower in City Life, and ended up in the lift room unable to get out. I got her to travel to the spice market and she managed to get there. Obviously babies cannot use a telehone but Sims can if stuck behind a wall.

Hello
    I am sorry that your sim got stuck.
    If it happens again, you could also use the M key to travel, or use the resetSim firstname secondname cheat to try to help the issue.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I had that same issue but the baby was on street level beside the apartment and you can't reach that part in build mode to move them.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • shaw000shaw000 Posts: 12 New Member

I had a similar problem,

after recently purchasing the new EP, "City Living", I had my sims move into an apartment. The family of two then became a family of three with a little girl. The families apartment at the time was to small so they moved out. They moved to another apartment building. They two young adults were outside the apartment door as usual. But the baby wasn't, I clicked on the baby to locate it. But it just took me to another part of the apartment.
    shaw000 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem,

after recently purchasing the new EP, "City Living", I had my sims move into an apartment. The family of two then became a family of three with a little girl. The families apartment at the time was to small so they moved out. They moved to another apartment building. They two young adults were outside the apartment door as usual. But the baby wasn't, I clicked on the baby to locate it. But it just took me to another part of the apartment.

Hello
    Is the baby back with her parents now?
    I had a similar problem,

Hello

Hello,

No, this is a recent issue. I have been looking around for a way to fix this problem.

I had a similar problem,

Hello

Hello,

No, this is a recent issue. I have been looking around for a way to fix this problem.

Unlike others, I can't see the bassinet. And once I go to the Main Menu within the Sims 4, there are only 2 files. Both being to late. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
    I had a similar problem,

Hello

Hello,

Hello
    Try seeing if the baby is the household inventory.
    I had a similar problem,

Hello

Hello,

Hello

Hello
    The baby is not in the household inventory. If it has any relation, if I click the babies profile in the bottom left corner of the screen, the screen shifts. It just shifts to a place in the apartment building I don't have access to. And when I try to move around in that area to try and find the bassinet, its not anywhere to be seen.
    I had a similar problem,

Hello

Hello,

Hello

Hello
    The baby is not in the household inventory. If it has any relation, if I click the babies profile in the bottom left corner of the screen, the screen shifts. It just shifts to a place in the apartment building I don't have access to. And when I try to move around in that area to try and find the bassinet, its not anywhere to be seen.

Good news! I found a solution. I had my sims move back to their original apartment. And then move back. The bassinet spawned in a different place. The family is happy and together. Thank you for your help!
    edited November 2016
    I had a similar problem,

Hello

Hello,

Hello

Hello

I am sorry that you have this issue :( Try having your sims move to a house or another apartment. Before moving them in, go into build mode on the house or Apartment and place a bassinet there,Then move them and see if the baby is back. If the baby is back with her family, you can move them all back to the original apartment, but place a bassinet there in build mode before moving them back.
    I had a similar problem,

Hello

Hello,

Hello

Hello

I am sorry that you have this issue :( Try having your sims move to a house or another apartment. Before moving them in, go into build mode on the house or Apartment and place a bassinet there,Then move them and see if the baby is back. If the baby is back with her family, you can move them all back to the original apartment, but place a bassinet there in build mode before moving them back.

Good news!

I did fix the issue shortly after my last post. I moved my family to their original apartment and then back. The bassinet spawned in a different place.
    I had a similar problem,

Hello

Hello,

Hello

Hello

Good news!

I did fix the issue shortly after my last post. I moved my family to their original apartment and then back. The bassinet spawned in a different place.

Hello
    I am glad that the issue is fixed :) That is great !
  • SydneefrancekSydneefrancek Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay so I found a solution and that is to move to a house (not apartment) and move back. My babies (lyla and melyala) were stuck on th floor below which was inaccessible but right before you move out put a bed and then move out and move back in and the babies should be next to the bed if there's space
    Okay so I found a solution and that is to move to a house (not apartment) and move back. My babies (lyla and melyala) were stuck on th floor below which was inaccessible but right before you move out put a bed and then move out and move back in and the babies should be next to the bed if there's space

Hello
    It is good that the babies are now safe again :) The workaround of moving to a home and then back again helps with the issue. It is a good tip to place a bassinet in the apartment before moving to the new home.
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    It's just happened again. Twins were born in the family I was playing. One crib appeared in the bedroom and the other is out in the street. :(
    It's just happened again. Twins were born in the family I was playing. One crib appeared in the bedroom and the other is out in the street. :(

Hello
    Try moving to a home. Then when the babies are aged up , move back to the apartment. Or if you would like to move back to the apartment straight away, go into build mode before moving back in and place two bassinets in the apartment.
    Before your sim gives birth in apartments, it would be best to place bassinets in the apartments beforehand.
    Hello
    The issue with the bassinets and stuck sims has been fixed in today's patch. It would be good to update your game.
    We have fixed the issue of babies getting stuck in apartments; stuck babies will be unstuck, and babies will hereby no longer get stuck again. We hope… for everyone’s sake.
  • MariqueenMariqueen Posts: 24 Member
    Even after updating, the bassinet is still stuck in the hallway and I am unable to delete it.
    Mariqueen wrote: »
    Even after updating, the bassinet is still stuck in the hallway and I am unable to delete it.

Hello
    I am sorry :( Bassinets that are already there before the patch, may not be able to be deleted. If you use mods, the Enable advanced debug/cheat intereactions mod has an option to help with the issue. You can try shift clicking the bassinet and click "destroy object "
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5031285#post5031285