March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Novel Idea! Reading Circle B

Comments

• Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    @Spottydog714 Who is your favourite character to write? Is he/she also the easiest one?

@CharmingMaruska Romeo is my favourite to write, but he is the hardest. I never thought I'd actually put the teenage-boy humour I picked up at secondary school to good use, but now I make mental notes of what they say so I can write Romeo's dialogue. Wayne is the easiest.
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    @Spottydog714 this was incredibly insightful - thanks for the answers I feel like I know you and your main character a bit more. It's will be so wonderful to see your evolution as a person and as an author as you continue this journey.

Thank you @VIRTUALEE :)

I don't believe we have heard too much about Amara's parents. Can you give us a bit more background and context regarding them and Amara's upbringing?

Amara's parents are not particularly relevant to the story, but her little sister is. Amara went into drama, Shakespeare, so I would imagine Amara was brought up in a middle class family who value education - she is the sort who would have watched shows like 'Have I Got News For You,' a British panel show where five celebrities poke fun about what has been in the news recently, if you don't know it, and given plenty of opportunities to see the world.

What do they do?

Her mother is a business woman and her dad is stay-at-home. He was a historian.

What is their relationship like?

Fantastic - they are a proper family.

How do they feel about Amara being a part of this challenge?

I would imagine her mother doesn't think it will work and that it will end badly, but her dad is sure she'll find her husband, but they do support Amara either way.

If they are supportive, who from the cast are they rooting for?

Seth. They don't approve of her flirting with Romeo or Romeo at all, for that matter. And Wayne is terrible.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited November 2016
    So when you are trying to avoid FB by playing your game and you accidentally set POTUS on fire .. he did not die .. Violet saved him! Stupid fireplaces I wanted ambiance for my shot.

11-10-16_3-00-12nbspAM_zpseeesoby3.png
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    So when you are trying to avoid FB by playing your game and you accidentally set POTUS on fire .. he did not die .. Violet saved him! plum fireplaces I wanted ambiance for my shot.

11-10-16_3-00-12nbspAM_zpseeesoby3.png

OMG @lisabee2 LMAO
    @Spottydog714 Who is your favourite character to write? Is he/she also the easiest one?

@CharmingMaruska Romeo is my favourite to write, but he is the hardest. I never thought I'd actually put the teenage-boy humour I picked up at secondary school to good use, but now I make mental notes of what they say so I can write Romeo's dialogue. Wayne is the easiest.
    @Spottydog714 this was incredibly insightful - thanks for the answers I feel like I know you and your main character a bit more. It's will be so wonderful to see your evolution as a person and as an author as you continue this journey.

Thank you @VIRTUALEE :)

I don't believe we have heard too much about Amara's parents. Can you give us a bit more background and context regarding them and Amara's upbringing?

Amara's parents are not particularly relevant to the story, but her little sister is. Amara went into drama, Shakespeare, so I would imagine Amara was brought up in a middle class family who value education - she is the sort who would have watched shows like 'Have I Got News For You,' a British panel show where five celebrities poke fun about what has been in the news recently, if you don't know it, and given plenty of opportunities to see the world.

What do they do?

Her mother is a business woman and her dad is stay-at-home. He was a historian.

What is their relationship like?

Fantastic - they are a proper family.

How do they feel about Amara being a part of this challenge?

I would imagine her mother doesn't think it will work and that it will end badly, but her dad is sure she'll find her husband, but they do support Amara either way.

If they are supportive, who from the cast are they rooting for?

Seth. They don't approve of her flirting with Romeo or Romeo at all, for that matter. And Wayne is terrible.

OMG!! I love this 'get to know AMARA' bit!! OK two more question I promise last ones...

Does she have siblings?

When we collaborated we talked about her voice, what it sounded like, fluctuations etc. would you mind sharing with the rest of the group what you told me? I think it is cool to be able to truly envision a character the way the author created them to be inside and out. most authors don't have that luxury. They have to rely on their words to project these things into someones imagination which can be half parts exciting and half parts scary hehe.
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I really enjoy your Bachelorette @Spottydog714 . It is really nice to let the creators of the sims work for their sucseed. Though I have to say that the last one just was nothing I could solve :D

As for your writing style I like it how much it remembers me of an actual tv show. It really fits then with the 3rd person. As for the dates the more personal touch makes it more personal. I am sometimes struggling with how fast this all happens but I guess this is just cause I know that it is sooner over than I might want to. However I really enjoy seeing Seth in there. Do you want a little spoiler about him? Yes?
    I created Seth not especially for your Bachelorette. I had him already but as a slave for my amazons. It was for a tribe called Leopard tribe. His name had been Lynx Cat of pray. You will see him in my amazons as well cause the Leopard tribe is the basic for the tribe Luna is visiting right now ;)
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    @Spottydog714 I have some questions for you and your featured story this week!!

Firstly, know that I adore your talent and creativity. Your stories brighten up my day and make me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Enough gushing here are my questions for you as a writer and your bachelor story.

Aww, thank you @VIRTUALEE :) I could say the same of yours. :blush:

Writing Related
    1. What has been the most challenging for you as a simlit author?

Taking the screenshots first and then writing about them. In Episode 1, it was hard for me to write believable dialogue and not get it to feel stilted. But I'm learning, and it's getting easier.

Have you ever tried it the opposite way, writing out the story then screenshoting?

suRdkSd.jpg
    @Spottydog714 I have a question.

Did you always know that you were going to ask other people to submit applicants for your story? How much do you think your story would have changed had you created all the characters.

By the way I love that you used sims created by other simmers! I always love when people have casting calls, so to speak.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    @lisabee2 did you catch the newest Life Is outtake?

Here's a super duper easy peasy pose making tutorial for anyone interested. Please subscribe to my channel <3 It covers not just creating poses but how to make a pose list, as well.

https://youtu.be/wu9YXDJlVzY

Here's a super duper easy peasy pose making tutorial for anyone interested. Please subscribe to my channel <3 It covers not just creating poses but how to make a pose list, as well.

DANG you make that look so easy! Just click here and there a viola .. I click there <3 (on your link) :)

TY for the nomination .. I need to get on that award ... so caught in RL these days (we are remodeling our house and just on the tail end of floors)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited November 2016
    So everyone, a new Grace update :blush:
    Yes the title is supposed to be weird :lol:
    3.40 Unspoken hurt
    Thanking @Jellysimwich once again, your poses are sooo fun to work with! Imma check out that tutorial when I got time ;)

@lisabee2 Lol!

@Spottydog714 Loved getting to know more about Amara! Do you prefer this kind of story telling (contest-driven) over story-driven like fifteen?
    And do you have any more questions for us? :)
    @VIRTUALEE Remember when you made us go into CAS and make awesome interpretations of two characters? I'm so curious what you're going to do with them! :lol:
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    OMG!! I love this 'get to know AMARA' bit!! OK two more question I promise last ones...

Does she have siblings?

When we collaborated we talked about her voice, what it sounded like, fluctuations etc. would you mind sharing with the rest of the group what you told me? I think it is cool to be able to truly envision a character the way the author created them to be inside and out. most authors don't have that luxury. They have to rely on their words to project these things into someones imagination which can be half parts exciting and half parts scary hehe.

@VIRTUALEE She does have siblings - a little sister and an older brother. As for her voice - it's very deep for a girl, ever-so-slightly 🐸🐸🐸🐸.kney, and she drops her ts a bit if they are at the end of a syllable.
    Marialein wrote: »
    I really enjoy your Bachelorette @Spottydog714 . It is really nice to let the creators of the sims work for their sucseed. Though I have to say that the last one just was nothing I could solve :D

As for your writing style I like it how much it remembers me of an actual tv show. It really fits then with the 3rd person. As for the dates the more personal touch makes it more personal. I am sometimes struggling with how fast this all happens but I guess this is just cause I know that it is sooner over than I might want to. However I really enjoy seeing Seth in there. Do you want a little spoiler about him? Yes?
    I created Seth not especially for your Bachelorette. I had him already but as a slave for my amazons. It was for a tribe called Leopard tribe. His name had been Lynx Cat of pray. You will see him in my amazons as well cause the Leopard tribe is the basic for the tribe Luna is visiting right now ;)

@Marialein I'm sure you mentioned this once but I'm happy we'll see him soon. So excited! And hehehe I underestimated how hard it would be. And thank you, I'm glad it's believable, that makes me very happy.
    swcheppes wrote: »
    @Spottydog714 I have a question.

Did you always know that you were going to ask other people to submit applicants for your story? How much do you think your story would have changed had you created all the characters.

By the way I love that you used sims created by other simmers! I always love when people have casting calls, so to speak.

Have you ever tried it the opposite way, writing out the story then screenshoting?

@swcheppes Yep, I always knew. If I'd created them, they would be more extreme in their differences and views, because t makes them easier t wrote. And thanks!

Yes, I have. It's my main method, The Bachelorette is unusual. Looking For Mum's Murderer and Fifteen and all my short stories are plot-driven. I think that's because I consider myself a writer first, then a simmer.
    @Spottydog714 Loved getting to know more about Amara! Do you prefer this kind of story telling (contest-driven) over story-driven like fifteen?
    And do you have any more questions for us? :)

@Sterretjeee Thank you! And no, plot-driven all the way. It's much easier :) And I'll think some more up :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    @VIRTUALEE Remember when you made us go into CAS and make awesome interpretations of two characters? I'm so curious what you're going to do with them! :lol:

Aaahhh yes, I am hoarding them because my story plot is INCREDIBLE (sory for the lack of humility) but the story arcs have many holes in them - I am ironing out the kinks before launch...I hope to do a little trailer soon to get your juices flowing - but may have to pull some of you in (if interested) to maybe do some brainstorming and help me fix some of the story line issues I am facing.

Also, I would like to finish CBP before I do another major story which this is turning out to be.

So, if you guys are willing to help me out and want some spoilers and credit at helping develop this next thing then hit me up - I would be so honored...

I have never asked for help before so I am a little embarrassed but so excited for it.
    edited November 2016

Aaahhh yes, I am hoarding them because my story plot is INCREDIBLE (sory for the lack of humility) but the story arcs have many holes in them - I am ironing out the kinks before launch...I hope to do a little trailer soon to get your juices flowing - but may have to pull some of you in (if interested) to maybe do some brainstorming and help me fix some of the story line issues I am facing.

Also, I would like to finish CBP before I do another major story which this is turning out to be.

So, if you guys are willing to help me out and want some spoilers and credit at helping develop this next thing then hit me up - I would be so honored...

I have never asked for help before so I am a little embarrassed but so excited for it.

@VIRTUALEE Oh, don't care about you bragging. I feel like all your stories are incredible! :lol:
    Very, very willing to help. Very, very much wouldn't care for spoilers. I need more! And I absolutely love brainstorming for stories!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @VIRTUALEE Oh, I'm so glad @Sterretjeee asked about your story, because I was itching to ask again too. And if you say it's incredible, I'm sure it's an understatement. ;) My brain is at your service anytime.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @VIRTUALEE .. I am glad to know the story goes forward .. cannot wait to see what you do with it :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »

DANG you make that look so easy! Just click here and there a viola .. I click there <3 (on your link) :)

TY for the nomination .. I need to get on that award ... so caught in RL these days (we are remodeling our house and just on the tail end of floors)

I loved this tutorial @Jellysimwich Thank YOU
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @VIRTUALEE = I loved Jays Vlog! I actually thought that it was really cute and I always love your characterization!:smile:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
    Kamio wrote: »
    @VIRTUALEE = I loved Jays Vlog! I actually thought that it was really cute and I always love your characterization!:smile:

Thank you for the feedback!! I appreciate you!
    edited November 2016
    Oops deleted wrong thread lmao
    It is the LAST leg of the Goodwill tour. Prince and Snow meet POTUS and a friendship was formed between nations :) HOME tomorrow!

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/11/11/snow-and-prince-redux-30-a-visit-with-potus/

[img][/img]11-10-16_2-53-07nbspAM_zpss6gmilon.jpg

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited November 2016
    So I think our first spotlight week was pretty successful. What do you guys think?
    suRdkSd.jpg
    New group pose! Just F.Y.I I'm going to retire my cc blog and start archiving everything on my channel; so be sure to subscribe for new pose/animation downloads :)

promo_zpspzuvrm6x.png
    Download
    New group pose! Just F.Y.I I'm going to retire my cc blog and start archiving everything on my channel; so be sure to subscribe for new pose/animation downloads :)

promo_zpspzuvrm6x.png
    Download

You are so amazingly creative Jelly!