Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What amazing mod is pushing sims to go to my lot?

I am used to empty lots but suddenly wherever I go the other sims are going there too! I recently added Nraas story progression to my game so not sure if this is the reason? whatever it is it's amazing and I love it :smiley:

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It's always been like that for me, also vanilla. There are more sims when you play with a better processor.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2016
    It could be both.

The game rates our processor, RAM, and graphics card and then sets a cap to the number of sims that will be pushed to and occupy community lots based on those ratings. It doesn't always get the ratings right on its own for what we are working with. The ratings are reported on scales of 1 to 4 (or 5 in one case) in the DeviceConfig.log file in the game folder that gets generated every time we start up.

Some of us have adjusted our GraphicsRules.sgr files to compensate for improper ratings of perfectly capable components, others use mods to pull inactive sims into clubs or push them out of their house.

NRaas SP also has settings that increase the pushes on inactive sims after work and in the evenings, most are already on by default. But SP doesn't dictate where those sims might actually go, some players find that a lot of them like to congregate around the grocery or book stores for example.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    ah so it seems SP is pushing sims outside more, and maybe because I cleared some save files from the game its running better generally. I just hope it stays this way, I really disliked empty lots.

SP is amazing by the way! Its assigned the personalities to my sims perfectly and things that happen just make sense, don't know if I'm just lucky or the mod is really clever :D
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I have mostly empty lots in my games because they aren't being pushed to go out much in my Mod settings though it's also because my town's population is still very small.The size of the town population also affects how full or empty the community lots are in a game even if the computer can handle full lots like mine can.I still get empty lots in a new legacy because there's no other sims in otnw yet.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg